Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ... 49141924293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1445

Thread: Skies Miltonia @ Miltonia Close- 99 Years By TG Development

Quote Originally Posted by jacelynchia
    Hi, It is 80% sold now!
    Finally got the chance to visit tdy and yeap was told it's 80% sold ... Was quoted one on the 8 flr supposingly w view at about 1250psf and 3 flr wo view at 10xx psf, the prices can really be quite a big diff.

It's a nice proj w quality finishing. Congrats to all SM buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    I went to the showflat twice, and rather lazy to write a review on this project. As the remark of "Some thought comparing their purchases to skies make them feel safe but the reality will soon kick in, they will soon realize their investment will end up in the chute!" is so strong, so, perhaps I write something about this project.

Good :
    good reservior view, and perhaps fresh air. I think this reservior is better than Bedok. Please note, in nite, it is a complete dark
    Project layout design : reasonably good.
    Pricing : fairly ok.

Negative :
    1. internal layout not so efficient
    2. lack of good public transport

For own stay : ok but must have car.
    for investment : so so
    why you think internal layout not so efficient? which stack in particular? My agent said SM's layout is most efficient among those in the north.

for investment, why so so? is 3~5% ok?

Quote Originally Posted by jklm
    why you think internal layout not so efficient? which stack in particular? My agent said SM's layout is most efficient among those in the north.

for investment, why so so? is 3~5% ok?
    I provide my assessment on the internal layout, and please note, this is my assessment and hope would not upset the buyers of SM.

1. the developer shall do away of home shulter within the unit.
    2. there is quite some wastage in most of the master bedrooms.
    3. the worst is the double balcony. What u need is a good size balcony outside the living room with some outdoor sofa. In SM, u have a small balcony outside living room and a huge balcony for the master bedroom, and u cannot use the one at the master bedroom to entertain friends. Some stacks have odd shape balcony. Some balcony is very long and narrow, not meaningful at all.
    4. I don't have the exact measurement, but AC ledge looks big.
    5. Most of the living room is too narrow in width. U cannot have a good sofa set for a family of 4. Also, a narrow living room makes the place not so grand.

From the investment aspect, my view :

1. all properties bought from this year onward, the upside potential is getting smaller and limited, unless u really can find a superb buy, but very difficult.
    2. investment giving 3-5% yield is considered as so so. There are forummers here getting 6-12%.

To add, those units with walk in wallrobe, it does not come with doors. I am nit sure how tidy is yours, mine definitely is worst than rojak

I provide my assessment on the internal layout, and please note, this is my assessment and hope would not upset the buyers of SM.

3. the worst is the double balcony. What u need is a good size balcony outside the living room with some outdoor sofa. In SM, u have a small balcony outside living room and a huge balcony for the master bedroom, and u cannot use the one at the master bedroom to entertain friends. Some stacks have odd shape balcony. Some balcony is very long and narrow, not meaningful at all.
    5. Most of the living room is too narrow in width. U cannot have a good sofa set for a family of 4. Also, a narrow living room makes the place not so grand.

1. all properties bought from this year onward, the upside potential is getting smaller and limited, unless u really can find a superb buy, but very difficult.
    2. investment giving 3-5% yield is considered as so so. There are forummers here getting 6-12%.

I find the living room too small, but my ID says no problem.
    I think some people prefer bigger balconies, I think when guests and visitors come to the house and can see the view from living room and stand by the balcony, it would be nice.
    I feel balcony is necessary for this project because of views, some like bigger balconies so up to own preferences.
    That is why I bought the compact instead of the premium.
    The wardrobe have sliding doors.
    Anyway anyone has pictures of the showflat, the decor looks so grand and I really like the wallpaper!
    People have rights to be skeptical of investments at skies but I am confident the next two plots will at least be 100-300 psf higher, give it some time, time will prove it.
    Besides, I think once we receive the keys, many will stay there!

The kitchen is too small for those cook often

so to get 5% yield, assuming a 3BR compact is bought at 1.26M, then it needs to be rented out at 5250 per mth.

Right now that is virtually impossible in that region IMO...
    I am rich in debts...

I think some people prefer bigger balconies, I think when guests and visitors come to the house and can see the view from living room and stand by the balcony, it would be nice.
    I feel balcony is necessary for this project because of views, some like bigger balconies so up to own preferences.
    Anyway anyone has pictures of the showflat, the decor looks so grand and I really like the wallpaper!
    People have rights to be skeptical of investments at skies but I am confident the next two plots will at least be 100-300 psf higher, give it some time, time will prove it.
    To really appreciate the view, best is not to have balconies. How often is one going to the balcony to stand there and look at the view. For how long would you stand or sit at the balcony in our hot climate. Best way of enjoying such views is to have an ceiling to floor window with no balcony and sofa placed immediately next to the window. You can watch your tv, do your reading in comfort while taking a peep every now and then at the view. You can do this for 2-3 hours at one go. Would you spend so much time at the balcony?

Quote Originally Posted by nav14
    To really appreciate the view, best is not to have balconies. How often is one going to the balcony to stand there and look at the view. For how long would you stand or sit at the balcony in our hot climate. Best way of enjoying such views is to have an ceiling to floor window with no balcony and sofa placed immediately next to the window. You can watch your tv, do your reading in comfort while taking a peep every now and then at the view. You can do this for 2-3 hours at one go. Would you spend so much time at the balcony?
    Haha, maybe it's just me.
    I find it romantic and the air is good at living room, can imagine inviting friends over for dinner and the dinning area can see the view!
    I don't know others but my unit can see nice pool view as well plus golf course plus reservoir, three at once and there is a cloudy bay design, wonder how it will look like from the unit?
    Maybe some don't like balconies or find it unnecessary, that is why I bought compact not premium, premium all three bedroom have balconies.
    I do know some who like the premium but I don't think It's necessary for me.
    The view in the master bedroom is ideal, relaxing resort style living.

I understand majority of the people are not so willing to accept big balconies, as they find it a waste of space. I was once very much an anti-balcony person myself until i get to experience it one day. If the balcony has an unblocked view, the experience could be very shiok. Imagine lying on an outdoor couch, reading a book/ipad, having some titbits, occassionally dozing off while listening to the music and enjoying the breeze and looking at the sky and clouds. The type of 'open-ness' feeling is not what you can get from staying behind the windows. If you have any parties or gatherings, you could even set-up the buffet tables there. But once again, thats only provided your balcony has an unblocked (not necc to be fantastic) view without the west sun.

If you were to visit some of those D15 condos, you would see most of the balconies are fully utilized. By evening esp on wkends, you would see much activities on the balconies with folks lazing around on the couches, reading, chatting etc. Many of these balconies are really beautifully done up.

As for SM, i believe the views would be fantastic, but price wise is really steep in my opinion. But that again depends on individual. If you really like a place, you would value it differently from others, so what may seem expensive to others need not be necc expensive to you.

I find it romantic and the air is good at living room, can imagine inviting friends over for dinner and the dinning area can see the view!
    I don't know others but my unit can see nice pool view as well plus golf course plus reservoir, three at once and there is a cloudy bay design, wonder how it will look like from the unit?
    Maybe some don't like balconies or find it unnecessary, that is why I bought compact not premium, premium all three bedroom have balconies.

Nice! IMO balcony is ok but must have great view. I have seen large balcony but view of some old shophouses or a pump station . From your description, I think your view will be fantastic, where to find, right?

Quote Originally Posted by RCR
    Nice! IMO balcony is ok but must have great view. I have seen large balcony but view of some old shophouses or a pump station . From your description, I think your view will be fantastic, where to find, right?
    haha, yes!
    The problem is not the balconies but the size of the living room, my ID need to work hard!

you should install a video cam at your balcony and link it to your office computer, you enjoy every moment of your SM views even during office hours. make your office at home. my suggestion not bad hor?

quite sad that premium 3 bedder is only 100 sqm. but layout is indeed very nice, though everything is downsized. when everything is so "enclosed" with four walls so close ironically having a balcony becomes a luxury and important

The size of my balcony is 10'x20', all my friends love it, and enjoying it so much with wine, (I have a good outdoor set) etc....and at time, if I have a lot of guests, then I will setup a second dinning table there as well.

I mentioned on the SM balcony is for the reason that the balcony at the living room is much much smaller than the one at the master bedroom, It will be good to have just one balcony at the living room instead of two. No one will entertain friends at the balcony @ master bedroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    quite sad that premium 3 bedder is only 100 sqm. but layout is indeed very nice, though everything is downsized. when everything is so "enclosed" with four walls so close ironically having a balcony becomes a luxury and important
    Went to the sm show flat, 4 bedroom selling at $1.67m a 3 bedroom selling at $1.286. The living is very long but narrow but the balcony is damn big.. In the show flat u can see the way they position the sofa it a very small set and the dining table is very close to the sofa. The main entrance will be dark since the only light come from the balcony. The Id remove the third room wall to have a open concept study room. Just to make the buyer feel that the house is big but how many of them will remove the wall.. The bedroom 2 have a queen size bed but it against the window but than again there is no window at the show flat. Like the master bedroom it big.. Kitchen also ok. The view will be wonderful

I want to show one floor plan, which is efficient and practical. All bedrooms and living/dinning with good view.
    page 14 type C1(p)

http://the-seawind.com/ecocondosinga...ns%20Draft.pdf

View is important, but when you stay long, it is more or less indifference.
    But internal layout affects the day to day living.

erh, you felt your living room too small but your ID says no problem, what can he do with your living room? the most he recommend some mirrors but the fact is "small is small" there is no better magic other than knocking down the walls.

you think some people prefer bigger balcony & you think your visitor would feel great looking out of your balcony. from your statement you only "assume" it will turn out the best and receive the best comments from others.

you sound like you have no idea on your own and leaves everything
    to your ID.

I highly think you are a SM salesperson.

Do u have details of these two plots of land? what sort of attributes they have for u to make such a confident call of $100-$300 psf more. $100 to $300 is a very big gap.

It does not mean that KepLand bidded so high at Tanan Merah will apply to here. The most most important attribute of MRT is not at this location.

I want to show one floor plan, which is efficient and practical. All bedrooms and living/dinning with good view.
    page 14 type C1(p)

http://the-seawind.com/ecocondosinga...ns%20Draft.pdf

View is important, but when you stay long, it is more or less indifference.
    But internal layout affects the day to day living.
    Liked the lay out plan u provided. The balcony is as big as the living so to say the unit will be bright and it will look bigger in term of space of unblock view u have outside. One of the project is the water front key wow the reservoir view is killing. The 4 bedroom even the toilet also got view .. Using the toilet everything also can soon soon come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryingfreeman
    Liked the lay out plan u provided. The balcony is as big as the living so to say the unit will be bright and it will look bigger in term of space of unblock view u have outside. One of the project is the water front key wow the reservoir view is killing. The 4 bedroom even the toilet also got view .. Using the toilet everything also can soon soon come out.
    I like the water front collection but concern is the traffic in front and noise. And also the road is narrow.

I like the water front collection but concern is the traffic in front and noise. And also the road is narrow.
    Talk about the noise (forseque residence and tree house is 10x worse, for others unit facing the pie home owner for those unit can go to blk 210 and blk 211 at bj to feel the noise ) but the view of the green is also good. The location of tree house is easily accessible cause it near to pie but sm is serene at night. Both got good and bad . Tree house got bay window. Waste space. Forseque residence got good lay out plan.. Take a look at the 3 plus 1 unit it can convert to a 4 bedroom unit by hacking a few. Wall only.

Talk about the noise (forseque residence and tree house is 10x worse, for others unit facing the pie home owner for those unit can go to blk 210 and blk 211 at bj to feel the noise ) but the view of the green is also good. The location of tree house is easily accessible cause it near to pie but sm is serene at night. Both got good and bad . Tree house got bay window. Waste space. Forseque residence got good lay out plan.. Take a look at the 3 plus 1 unit it can convert to a 4 bedroom unit by hacking a few. Wall only.
    You do have some interesting comments which is contrary to what is known....
    Hmmm I did not realized Treehouse got bay window? Did you just altered the design? Traffic noise from PIE 10x worse, WOW did you use any equipment to measure? ...for crying out loud freely man...hahaha

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by danntbt
    Hmmm I did not realized Treehouse got bay window? Did you just altered the design? Traffic noise from PIE 10x worse, WOW did you use any equipment to measure? ...for crying out loud freely man...hahaha
    sorry sorry my mistake..thank u bro for pointing out ....

Quote Originally Posted by sunrise
    erh, you felt your living room too small but your ID says no problem, what can he do with your living room? the most he recommend some mirrors but the fact is "small is small" there is no better magic other than knocking down the walls.

you think some people prefer bigger balcony & you think your visitor would feel great looking out of your balcony. from your statement you only "assume" it will turn out the best and receive the best comments from others.

you sound like you have no idea on your own and leaves everything
    to your ID.

I highly think you are a SM salesperson.

Hey, don't accuse me hor!
    I swear to god with my life, I am not even doing property leh.
    If I can do it myself then why hire ID?
    To my defence, i pay 300k more than other for the same unit just to get the view.

Quote Originally Posted by danntbt
    as for the noise level which i dun have any equipment to measure but did when over to blk 211 and 210 to see the view at the same time listen to the noise pollution.. i ask the sale person at the show room wat is the selling point of the fr project. he reply {fresh air} sorry again for the wrongful infor.

To my defence, i pay 300k more than other for the same unit just to get the view.
    wow night train only paid extra 120k he cry out loud ... u paid even more!!! how come price raise so fast..

what! $300,000 just for the view!
    no wonder COV is so high

as for the noise level which i dun have any equipment to measure but did when over to blk 211 and 210 to see the view at the same time listen to the noise pollution.. i ask the sale person at the show room wat is the selling point of the fr project. he reply {fresh air} sorry again for the wrongful infor.
    simple. Just download a simple app 'db meter' or decibel/sound meter (along that line) using your android/ios device for an accurate measurement of the ambience noise. The 'noise' will be more pronounced as you elevate until a certain threshold (no idea on the threshold level though).

what! $300,000 just for the view!
    no wonder COV is so high
    Fwah I scream ice-cream.

that means $300,000/30yrs/365days=~$27/day for the view.

Assuming if one enjoys roughly about 2hrs per day, that is almost $13/hr!

If one is staying only for 15yrs, that is almost $27/hr rate