Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 510151617181920212223242530354045 ... LastLast

Thread: Skies Miltonia @ Miltonia Close- 99 Years By TG Development

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    well surely u have heard of Tong Gardens ... too bad their project price not peanuts

since they refused to employ me, I will spill their beans, I mean, nuts here.

read below

Tong Garden siblings fight over $2m ‘loan’

Yet another dispute in snacks firm founder’s family lands in court.

Sun, Feb 22, 2009
    The Straits Times

By Khushwant Singh

EVEN before the founder of Tong Guan Food Products died in 1984, his children were constantly bickering.

Then the court battles began over various issues of the family business when their mother and the wife of Mr Ong Tong Guan, Madam Chai Ah Chee, died in 1999.

In at least the fourth and latest case before the High Court, the youngest daughter, Ms Ong Siew Lay, 43, wants her brother, Mr Ong Boon Chuan, 54, to return $2 million he allegedly borrowed from her.

In court documents produced at the hearing, which started on Wednesday, Ms Ong, a housewife, maintains that her father gave her 50,000 shares in the holding company for the Tong Garden brand of nuts and snacks, which had been held for her by her mother. In 1999, she agreed to sell the shares to Boon Chuan.

She said she had then loaned the money back to him – at her mother’s suggestion – as he needed it for a property development business.

But when she asked for the money in June 2007, he denied it was hers.

‘He told me to get a lawyer if I wanted to talk to him,’ she recalled.

In his documents, Mr Ong Boon Chuan says the shares were his mother’s and she had given them to him.

In court yesterday, Ms Ong testified that her father had told her shortly before he died that she would get a 10 per cent share in the company, amounting to 50,000 shares, which her mother would hold for her.

According to the father’s wishes, three of the five sons would get 20 per cent each, as the other two had been given other gifts.

Four daughters would receive 10 per cent. The eldest daughter was left out as she had married the son of a business competitor.

The oldest brother, Leong Chuan, did not want his sisters to be involved in the business, and he bought the shares of two sisters in 1991 for $500,000 each.

Ms Ong was asked why she had not sold the shares at this time. Was it because they belonged to her mother rather than her? She denied this.

She told Senior Counsel Michael Khoo, who is acting for Mr Ong Boon Chuan, that she had held onto her shares because she knew they were ‘safe’ with her mother.

Testifying for her younger sister, Ms Ong Siew Kuan, 50, said that her mother had not been given any shares in the company – which was to spare her from the inevitable bickering between the siblings.

Her voice breaking at times, the office administrator said: ‘My father was very hurt by the behaviour of some of us and he wanted to spare my mother the same agony.

‘He told me he would leave her enough money so she would not have to depend on any of the children.’

In the last 10 years, there have been at least three legal tussles among the siblings, mainly over shares and control of the holding company.

The case in 2000 prompted a judge to call it an ‘ugly family dispute among siblings’.

The hearing continues today.

This article was first published in The Straits Times.

This is unrelevant to Skies but another sad story on family feuds.

There will be another plot of land for condo developments just right beside Skies Miltonia.
    The price will just continue to rise, Since skies is below 1300 range, I think it might exceed that range.

[quote=jacelynchia]

Anyone knows will there be a discount if buyer refers another buyer?
    My cousin's friend interested as well.

[quote]

wont have more discount.. not like far east

sad news but Thanks anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by jacelynchia

Can anyone double confirm that how much marble is used for units, Is it the entire unit or just the bedrooms? Thanks
    Please refer to OTP.

Please Don't make me worry. I was just joking but It would be nice if you could let him know. haha
    Although many are using it for home stay but at the pricing we paid and the given the fact that the land price is not that high.
    We do hope that the whole development is beyond our expectations since this location is not that popular for now but I'll know it will be in years to come.
    The main concern is still how the overall condo fares rather than the location.
    Hope It will be a Mega project standard!
    You're right on the land price and in fact lower than MR. That was why i said the next plot will be at least 10-15% higher then SM land price as benchmark has been tested & set at $1200psf range with relatively good response.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    They were Main contractor and handling lots of hdb projects. You are all making him rich. Main contractor turns developer like sim lian, etc, can usually offer a few choices for finishes. Will let him know if I see him. He has really aged a lot. Work stress but worth it with a mega project like this one.
    Also handle lots of pte projects as well.

http://www.tgdevelopment.com.sg/new_peak.html

The MR owners are so happy that skies have high pricing but they neglected the fact that there are high competition due to several new developments especially The bad facing units at MR are at very very high risk.

If future buyers can afford MR, It is actually benefiting Skies owners.
    Everyone must know that there are high risk due to competition as the area offers a wide selection of properties for future buyers.
    If by any chance, the new development pricing comes out similar or below skies, The whole Area property prices's might crash or go down.

As for Rental wise, Competition is strongest as future owners can just move from place to place at the miltonia area to try out after their rental lease is over unless the area is highly sought after.

The shaughnessy area is over 3200 square feet and only asking about 1.5 m for it. Psf at around 480 only.

The MR owners are so happy that skies have high pricing but they neglected the fact that there are high competition due to several new developments especially The bad facing units at MR are at very very high risk.

Everyone must know that there are high risk due to competition as the area offers a wide selection of properties for future buyers.
    If by any chance, the new development pricing comes out similar or below skies, The whole Area property prices's might crash or go down.

As for Rental wise, Competition is strongest as future owners can just move from place to place at the miltonia area to try out after their rental lease is over unless the area is highly sought after.

The shaughnessy area is over 3200 square feet and only asking about 1.5 m for it. Psf at around 480 only.
    With the latest CM, believe property will chiong for those costing 1million and below. This is regardless of psf.

For those unit above 1 million , sales may be impacted due to higher cash/cpf downpayment of 40%/60% temporarily.

But, believe once potential buyer see property price 'no down leh' after being at the sideline for several months/years, those who can afford one mil and above ones will chiong also.

Then garmen come new CM again, sales will temporary slow a little with price stay put/marginally up. People chiong to buy again, CM again. So the cycle repeat itself.........

Until when ? You guess?

Just did a recce of the proposed site for the international school where the hoarding is, it's 850m edge to edge between the 2 plots, or 11min walk.

To make a decent return at 1200 psf, the area must appreciate to the rate close to what OCR is asking for...and OCR rate must appreciate to CR rate and so on and so forth.

This will spark greater resentment from the middle class against the government, the at same time make Singapore even more expensive.

I think government will play a hand to moderate pricing.

Do not think the price in other development will differ greatly from SM for at least 5 years.

at a lower psf, those owners can afford to ask for a lower rental to compete, that will be their edge.

I was saying only "IF" the new one drops in pricing, Which is unlikely.
    My main concern is competition due to new developments as The area is not that popular now and that there are more new upcoming developments.

MR owners can rejoice as the pricing is increased but at the same time, it provided more options for future buyers so The poor facing units may be left out unless there is a huge pricing difference, which is unlikely.

Given the fact that The shaughnessy was asking around 1.5m while skies townhouses 3.8m.
    Competition is very strong, be it resale or rent.

After SM, it is popular now. Hillview/ Dairy Farm area got 10x more condos than here. No worries.

with quite a handful developments plan coming up... can bet there will be many more condo coming along...and sure got some kanna the crash

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    with quite a handful developments plan coming up... can bet there will be many more condo coming along...and sure got some kanna the crash
    The fear is Europe collapse, US change fiscal policy. Will caused liquidity issue and current prices cannot be supported.

Than bank will ask for top up.....actually if it happen I will probably enter the market for another 3 bedder

Overall Singapore's economy is not that badly affected, actually we are still doing well.
    Our GDP and the IRs secured our economy, If Govt bring in more foreigners, The property market will just keep going up, see no signs of it going down.
    Govt must release land at the right prices and at the right time.
    Judging at the rate Singaporeans are buying properties, people do have the money and the holding power.

Overall Singapore's economy is not that badly affected, actually we are still doing well.
    Our GDP and the IRs secured our economy, If Govt bring in more foreigners, The property market will just keep going up, see no signs of it going down.
    Singapore economy is even more fragile than what most people think.

There will be less foreigner...it is clear tha the government is concerned that our society cannot accommodate more people from diverse culture.

We have negible internal market. What happen externally will affect us totally.

Foreign investors are finding cheaper and just as good location. We can be gateway to Asia perhaps for another 10 15 years before places like Malaysia catches up. And that is dependent on them having a stable government too.

PAP is destabilized, by next election it will be clear we rejecting them.

Over 100k units of private developments are ready next 3 years plus another couple of hundred thousand HDB...there will be overssuppy vs declining demand

Dun forget upgrades are also hoping to sell or rent HDB or their investment

Quote Originally Posted by aang1971
    Singapore economy is even more fragile than what most people think.

There will be less foreigner...it is clear tha the government is concerned that our society cannot accommodate more people from diverse culture.

We have negible internal market. What happen externally will affect us totally.

Foreign investors are finding cheaper and just as good location. We can be gateway to Asia perhaps for another 10 15 years before places like Malaysia catches up. And that is dependent on them having a stable government too.

PAP is destabilized, by next election it will be clear we rejecting them.

Over 100k units of private developments are ready next 3 years plus another couple of hundred thousand HDB...there will be overssuppy vs declining demand

Dun forget upgrades are also hoping to sell or rent HDB or their investment

Hahaha, stop discussing these matters on skies thread.
    Later affect skies's sales and affect the confidence of new buyers.
    Now more and more singaporeans are rich and look forward to better quality of lifestyle, I know many buyers now are looking to home stay.
    That can hold the prices up and not outgoing of supply.

Now more and more singaporeans are rich and look forward to better quality of lifestyle, I know many buyers now are looking to home stay.
    Well just trying to make people understand what they are in for.

In fact I will be affected too since I bought MR. But I know there are unrealistic expectations after the recent jump in private property prices...

As long you are aware that property is actually a long term investment that average around 4 to 7% return and have cash flow to hold until payback period of 7 to 10 years...you are ok.

Dun be smoked by agents and developers. There are some who make quick bucks, but there are people who over extend themselves too

Well just trying to make people understand what they are in for.

In fact I will be affected too since I bought MR. But I know there are unrealistic expectations after the recent jump in private property prices...

As long you are aware that property is actually a long term investment that average around 4 to 7% return and have cash flow to hold until payback period of 7 to 10 years...you are ok.

Dun be smoked by agents and developers. There are some who make quick bucks, but there are people who over extend themselves too

I do know many buyers now who come into the market because they have earn quite a bit from previous investments and now looking for a better place to live.
    I am just looking for home stay now, That's is why the bar is raised and we buyers expect the best in furnishings and facilities.
    I bought skies because I loved the design of the place esp the sky gym and sky deck and the views.

True.

Hillier got 1 MM closed to $1800psf. New condo coming up next to it. What will the price be?

After eCO, next to optima, also another condo coming up. What will the price be? Land price is much higher than eCO.

What will be the price when MCL launch their JE project?

Thomson site, upcoming Bukit. Panjang Hub both at record land bid price. What will the price be?

FEO expected to come in strongly for Yishun Hub. What will the price be?

Quote Originally Posted by Pro888
    True.

Hillier got 1 MM closed to $1800psf. New condo coming up next to it. What will the price be?

After eCO, next to optima, also another condo coming up. What will the price be? Land price is much higher than eCO.

Thomson site, upcoming Bukit. Panjang Hub both at record land bid price. What will the price be?

Developer will bid strongly and price higher as long as they sense buyers willing to accept

If market collapse , price drop and bank call buyers to top up loan, the developers will have made the money leow and have enough to lie low and wait for turn around.

Can buyers do the same? If can , go in and get the best choice you can.

If borderline...well better reassess your liability

I feel there is too much excessive liquidity, and MAS is right to let sing$ appreciate...but this will affect export, but since demand is not there, may as we'll protect domestic market first

Developer will bid strongly and price higher as long as they sense buyers willing to accept

If market collapse , price drop and bank call buyers to top up loan, the developers will have made the money leow and have enough to lie low and wait for turn around.

Can buyers do the same? If can , go in and get the best choice you can.

If borderline...well better reassess your liability

I feel there is too much excessive liquidity, and MAS is right to let sing$ appreciate...but this will affect export, but since demand is not there, may as we'll protect domestic market first
    Even Wing Tai (the only developer) tried to talk down the market, but in the end, bid high for the land at Prince Charles.

Crisis, no one will be spared, but those places i mentioned earlier will be affected the most. Skies buyers are still not aggressive & they do have longer term perspective.

True.

yishun hub location is really interesting. novena medical hub in the making?

True.

Do you know when yishun hub project will start?
    Has the land be brought or is it for sale already?
    If FEO gets it, pricing real sky high.

Do you know when yishun hub project will start?
    Has the land be brought or is it for sale already?
    If FEO gets it, pricing real sky high.
    HDB (land managed by) is in the midst for preparing the site tender docu. Might be 1st half of next year. Add another 9mths for project launch to public. FEO always goes for prime site near mrt. Further, northpt managed by Fraser. Lastly, a site bigger than watertown/BR, only the big players have the muscle & risk appetite to take it on.

Base pricing have been primarily set reference to the abv projects. Will wait what Sim Lian going to offer for the Bukit Panjang Hub very soon. Also a record land price, project will be priced higher than Hillier. Then, we will see Yishun hub as North Skies, proudly brought to you by FEO JV.

HDB (land managed by) is in the midst for preparing the site tender docu. Might be 1st half of next year. Add another 9mths for project launch to public. FEO always goes for prime site near mrt. Further, northpt managed by Fraser. Lastly, a site bigger than watertown/BR, only the big players have the muscle & risk appetite to take it on.

Base pricing have been primarily set reference to the abv projects. Will wait what Sim Lian going to offer for the Bukit Panjang Hub very soon. Also a record land price, project will be priced higher than Hillier. Then, we will see Yishun hub as North Skies, proudly brought to you by FEO JV.
    Regardless of what, thank you for the information you have provided,
    Just that how True is this project and is the name really north skies?
    I'm not saying that skies is a big word or they cannot use but what is the purpose of the name north skies when they have no views?

I'm not saying that skies is a big word or they cannot use but what is the purpose of the name north skies when they have no views?
    I see, the name is not confirmed yet!
    Anyway Thanks again for your help!

The reference to skies may be related to "sky high" prices that will be charged.