His family rich, his mum top mgmt in manulife
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    His family rich, his mum top mgmt in manulife
    Was that in the article as well?

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Was that in the article as well?
    yep it was

This kind of kid has all the support they need from parents. My insurance agent's whole family are agents including her two children who are the cannot study type. As she is semi retired, she gave up her clients numbering to more than 1000 to her two kids to manage and sell products to just to start them off. Some children just get all the help they need, parents even bought them cars to drive. At least I can be proud of myself for being self-made.

I always wonder what is the govt agenda for consistently featuring such kind of 'success stories'...

To give the poor hope? Or to make the rich feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    I always wonder what is the govt agenda for consistently featuring such kind of 'success stories'...

would you buy a newspaper that perpetually told you doom and gloom stories? Imagine if that was headline news on a bright cheery sunny Sunday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by price
    23 years old who made the million dollar table
    KNS i was aiming for that yellow EVO...

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...&highlight=evo

Quote Originally Posted by radha08

get a white and spray it yellow?

wasnt it silly to empty his 200k savings + pay for the car in 60k cash?

Give hopes to anyone in singapore and not just the scholars.

Yes I think the idea of the paper is to give every one hope. Dun always say in Singapore only the rich get richer and ordinary folks no hope.

Btw u know how diff to get ppl to agree to be interviewed ? As a result some who agreed went in with an agenda. u can see some of the cases are so blatantly advertising for themselves.

So far no article showcase poor can be rich, only rich getting richer lol

So far no article showcase poor can be rich, only rich getting richer lol
    harder to find mah.

Last week biz woman got questioned whether illegal sublet of her 3r hdb at Tiong bahri while stay at penthouse in geylang

Quote Originally Posted by price
    wasnt it silly to empty his 200k savings + pay for the car in 60k cash?
    60k but i bet he threw in another 10 to 20k on mods upgrade repair...this kinda of car like pretty woman ex to maintain...

Last week biz woman got questioned whether illegal sublet of her 3r hdb at Tiong bahri while stay at penthouse in geylang
    well she is a biz woman maybe she running a biz in geylang...

60k but i bet he threw in another 10 to 20k on mods upgrade repair...this kinda of car like pretty woman ex to maintain...
    Better to be humble. He probably does not know how formidable IRAS is yet.

born through the right hole, that's rich get richer what? most of the time sunday times "me and my money section" never showcase ordinary folks get rich.

like u said, not easy to find such examples. ordinary folks get rich also won't agree to be interviewed for sunday times because they are more humble. financial planner, feature liao will gain business mah, so definitely will agree.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Yes I think the idea of the paper is to give every one hope. Dun always say in Singapore only the rich get richer and ordinary folks no hope.

Btw u know how diff to get ppl to agree to be interviewed ? As a result some who agreed went in with an agenda. u can see some of the cases are so blatantly advertising for themselves.

no govt agenda. only personal agenda of the pple who agree to be featured. and sph agenda for future potential advertising from these pple. hahahahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    no govt agenda. only personal agenda of the pple who agree to be featured. and sph agenda for future potential advertising from these pple. hahahahahahahahaha
    u scratch my back i scratch urs...

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    born through the right hole, that's rich get richer what? most of the time sunday times "me and my money section" never showcase ordinary folks get rich.

like u said, not easy to find such examples. ordinary folks get rich also won't agree to be interviewed for sunday times because they are more humble. financial planner, feature liao will gain business mah, so definitely will agree.
    Those people who stay in HDB but have a few condos to collect rental, are they consider rich? Unless they go round telling people that they have a few condos renting out, otherwise nobody will know that they are rich except the IRAS.

So wonder why is it that HDB owners can buy pte ppty but pte ppty owners cannot buy HDB .

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    This kind of kid has all the support they need from parents. My insurance agent's whole family are agents including her two children who are the cannot study type. As she is semi retired, she gave up her clients numbering to more than 1000 to her two kids to manage and sell products to just to start them off. Some children just get all the help they need, parents even bought them cars to drive. At least I can be proud of myself for being self-made.
    Also have to depend on the children themselves whether are they capable to make use of the chance that they have to excel in their careers.

I know of someone, father is a businessman doing quite well, later hand over the business to his son but in the end, the son made a mess of the business .

HDBs would be 100-200k higher if pte property owners can freely buy it.

Furthermore, they enjoy a lot more from the special package given by ah kung.
    Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    Those people who stay in HDB but have a few condos to collect rental, are they consider rich? Unless they go round telling people that they have a few condos renting out, otherwise nobody will know that they are rich except the IRAS.

So wonder why is it that HDB owners can buy pte ppty but pte ppty owners cannot buy HDB .

what i am saying is at least these kids get a headstart in life ahead of other kids. apart from an education, my parents did not go beyond that to help me in anything else, some kids are just fortunate, can't deny. Of course if we were to compare, there are also kids that are far worse

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    Also have to depend on the children themselves whether are they capable to make use of the chance that they have to excel in their careers.

I know of someone, father is a businessman doing quite well, later hand over the business to his son but in the end, the son made a mess of the business .

Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day.
    Teach a man how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime.

words of wisdom.

It is not difficult to know how to fish, the most difficult part is when not to fish and when to double up your fish

It is not difficult to know how to fish, the most difficult part is when not to fish and when to double up your fish
    It is not difficult to fish,it is how to have a great catch of good fish.