Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you feel after EXCERCISING option..

Quote Originally Posted by latour
    Congrats bro, to your potential buy.
    FH, D15, 3bedr, $1.2xmil will certainly look like a good buy.
    not enuff info to judge leh... depends on the usable size, psf and also location...
    if near future mrt, then potentially good buy, best buy...

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    my target is gnd level apt d15 fh 3 bedder...1 to 1.2mil......minimum 1200sqft......dreaming about it...
    i'm sure can find... likely to be found only in the telok kurau area. or older small developments in Siglap. eg like the Gemini you mentioned before i think.

Quote Originally Posted by mkl22
    i'm sure can find... likely to be found only in the telok kurau area. or older small developments in Siglap. eg like the Gemini you mentioned before i think.
    Yup. Can.
    Recently alpha apartment, i think it is a penthouse, (2228sq ft) in Koon Seng Road sold for 1.66 mil, according to URA website.

For me, the most "stressful" time is probably at the time of signing the OTP because that is the decision point. When it comes to actual exercising of the option, no fweelings liao.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    For me, the most "stressful" time is probably at the time of signing the OTP because that is the decision point. When it comes to actual exercising of the option, no fweelings liao.
    This is especially so if the unit you are targetting at is the last unit of a new development or if you know there is competition, in the case of resale.

in a strange way buying property is like getting MARRIED

you see something/someone u like..make the arrangements...

then sign option(property)/ROM option(marriage)...

then live happily ever after...
    Not happy sell off (property)/ Divorce (marriage).. .

all shall be revealed after my 2ND viewing tonite...

today morning went to view...KNS...apt like fish market so many people viewing...i also stressed....as usual agent using pressure TACTICS...BUT i steady...just now i call her to arrange 2nd viewing tonite....for me one view daytime one view nitetime....if buy then good...OTHERWISE can continue.... ....

all this while i am shopping for stuff for my ongoing HDB renovations...MAJOR stress....just now go Lor 44 Geylang to buy toilet/kitchen stuff......i sit on TOILET bowl to try which one the best...Now my backside pain...

Quote Originally Posted by CondoWE
    Not happy sell off (property)/ Divorce (marriage).. .
    yup end of day GOVT make money...u SAD they HAPPY...

today morning went to view...KNS...apt like fish market so many people viewing...i also stressed....as usual agent using pressure TACTICS...BUT i steady...just now i call her to arrange 2nd viewing tonite....for me one view daytime one view nitetime....if buy then good...OTHERWISE can continue.... ....

all this while i am shopping for stuff for my ongoing HDB renovations...MAJOR stress....just now go Lor 44 Geylang to buy toilet/kitchen stuff......i sit on TOILET bowl to try which one the best...Now my backside pain...
    be careful... dun be 'tricked' by the psychology of "Loss aversion" and the "sunk cost fallacy"....

best of luck!

i like your job, 12 hour shift. lots of free time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    After OTP, still can change your mind at 1-1.25% a pop, but after S&P then no turning back liao ...

Bro, I m camping here for your update cos' I was looking ard the same requirements and budget as you are but have sound of given up, cos' couldn't find anything that is reasonable and I wasn't hoping FCL would drop their FV prices for me ....

u got GOOD memory wah my whole life story is in condosingapore...

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    i like your job, 12 hour shift. lots of free time.
    now sitting at blk 69 bedok south coffeeshop..having TEh-C......today/tom/fri/sat--OFFF

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    Bro, I m camping here for your update cos' I was looking ard the same requirements and budget as you are but have sound of given up, cos' couldn't find anything that is reasonable and I wasn't hoping FCL would drop their FV prices for me ....
    BRO trust me MINE is ANYTHING BUT new...but its FH......so throw in some $$$ can make it new...i GIVEN up on new launch..

Quote Originally Posted by limfc
    be careful... dun be 'tricked' by the psychology of "Loss aversion" and the "sunk cost fallacy"....

best of luck!
    Agent PLAYED this TRICK today...she told one of the party that was viewing that i am doing 2nd viewing...and agent told me another party was doing second viewing....it SO happened me and the party that she told i was doing 2nd viewing)its NOT true i only 1st viewing)...we park our car outside and that party talked to my wife...saying agent say u all doing 2nd viewing....i was like WTF..thats A DAMM GOOD agent..know what i mean...

just tell everybody else that everybody else doing 2nd VIEWING..then all KAN CHEONG spider one clown will SIGN OTP...

Agent PLAYED this TRICK today...she told one of the party that was viewing that i am doing 2nd viewing...and agent told me another party was doing second viewing....it SO happened me and the party that she told i was doing 2nd viewing)its NOT true i only 1st viewing)...we park our car outside and that party talked to my wife...saying agent say u all doing 2nd viewing....i was like WTF..thats A DAMM GOOD agent..know what i mean...

just tell everybody else that everybody else doing 2nd VIEWING..then all KAN CHEONG spider one clown will SIGN OTP...
    regardless of what tricks they play just stick with whatever price you think this property is worth. else walk away. if it is yours, it will be yours. else its not meant to be.

on a side note. i notice that some people are willing to let the place go to another person even at a lower price than another offer because they like that person better. don't really understand why. don't you sell to the highest bidder?

This is the agent trick be it BUC or resale lp, pc or hdb... !

hahaha...wat we interested now is did u being conned & signed the OTP ?

don't think so bro would be that silly. if after all the expert advice here he still sign without night viewing then really must kok head liao!!!

regardless of what tricks they play just stick with whatever price you think this property is worth. else walk away. if it is yours, it will be yours. else its not meant to be.

on a side note. i notice that some people are willing to let the place go to another person even at a lower price than another offer because they like that person better. don't really understand why. don't you sell to the highest bidder?
    why not? as the owner, he/she happy to sell to whoever mah...

if an atas man come and want to throw his filthy money at me, i'll galdly take it! of course, a lot of folks would have a lot more 'backbone' than me and say, you got and siam 1-side, dun want to friend you liao... just TCSS la... hee...

i guess the only reason i would not to deal with the other party is that he/she create a lot of problems for me, like creative financing, moving in / out timing, furnishing requirement and so on...

just my

steady steady la... the agents also making a living la... no close sales = no food to makan... just stick to your criteria before you go... if all your criteria met... then mai tu liaoz...

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    don't think so bro would be that silly. if after all the expert advice here he still sign without night viewing then really must kok head liao!!!
    ha ha...today i drive past a few times to check out the scene...so far only spotted a FEW---PUSSY ....cats sitting on the fence ....my doggy sure happy one...YUMMY...

i thinking of offering 10% less than asking...cos need to spend about 5% of that amount on reno... ...so if agent/owner...BITE then Ho say Liao...no bite then its back to the DRAWING board...wont BE the first time it happened....by the way its NOT a FANTASTIC apt...but its the kind i like...old school Gnd level...BIG patio/garden...no facilities...but can swim in bath tub...

i talked PERSONALLY to the owner trying to make a connection...hopefully that helps IF i decide to offer $$$ ...tonite

to me the most important thing i consider when signing OTP is whether i have an exit strategy. that's how i place my bets, whether in equities, forex or properties. if i am clear about my exit strategies, i'll just do it without emotions or regrets.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastboy
    to me the most important thing i consider when signing OTP is whether i have an exit strategy. that's how i place my bets, whether in equities, forex or properties. if i am clear about my exit strategies, i'll just do it without emotions or regrets.
    u pro la bro...

me small timer...when come to spending 1 Million....on property must go toilet think 100 times...

I wonder if exit strategy can be applied when comes to ROM...

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    I wonder if exit strategy can be applied when comes to ROM...
    wrong forum bro that one must ask in SamMy...Boy...

i am a sucker for these type apts....dont ask me why...maybe cos i dunno how else to accomodate 2 dogs/2kids ........dunno la...its old but i kinda liked it anyway viewing later 9pm....thinking of offering $1m...cos need to spend at least $50k to do up...agent told me val at 1.1m can CLOSE...but i called ocbc they said 1mil...so its a longggggg shot but worth a try.....not quite the equivalent of a 1.4mil famingo valley gnd unit but heck for a couple of 100k less...why NOT...

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...-madeira-court

Today I just posted about this new development on the same street, maybe its a sign...

Property Name: Meridian 38

Developer: JVA TelokKurau Pte Ltd

Type: Apartment / Condo

Address: 38, Lorong M TelokKurau

District: East Coast (D15-16)

Tenure: Freehold

Expected TOP: Year 2014

Unit Type: 2/ 3 Bedroom/ Penthouse

i am a sucker for these type apts....dont ask me why...maybe cos i dunno how else to accomodate 2 dogs/2kids ........dunno la...its old but i kinda liked it anyway viewing later 9pm....thinking of offering $1m...cos need to spend at least $50k to do up...agent told me val at 1.1m can CLOSE...but i called ocbc they said 1mil...so its a longggggg shot but worth a try.....not quite the equivalent of a 1.4mil famingo valley gnd unit but heck for a couple of 100k less...why NOT...

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...-madeira-court
    good buy. Just do it. anyway i think you'll need to spend about $80K if you want to talk about serious reno.

good luck!