Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to TEST you and your spouse/GF..compatible

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    two strangers agree to give everything to the other...it's a miracle ! treasure it!
    Sounds to me much higher risk than buying MM in suburban areas today hoping for capital gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    two strangers agree to give everything to the other...it's a miracle ! treasure it!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unconditional_love
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altruism

Hrmmm...

So true ...nobody to blame but ourselves.
    So what's the solution?

All I can do is to advise the kids...hope they don't follow in their parents fool-hardy steps...

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    Anyway, the problem with many marriages is that we tend to ignore signs of incompatibility during the courtship stage.
    Just my 2 cents...

Unfortunately, it is a human weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by gn108
    So true ...nobody to blame but ourselves.
    So what's the solution?

All I can do is to advise the kids...hope they don't follow in their parents fool-hardy steps...

And for this reason, Yowetan (if his stories are true) has something admirable... the harmony in his family almost seems too good and incredible to be believed.

For example..there won't be any fights between husband and wife over whose parents' house to go for reunion dinner during CNY since they are all living together.

hahaha every CNY gives me a liitle headache/anger in regards to hosting of reunion dinner...no choice but must learn to move on..

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    Do this simple TEST decide to do major reno to your house ...then GO down to Soon Bee Huat(Tiles supplier)at EUNOS next to the mosque opposite the famous yong tau foo shop...to choose the tile s for your whole house(Kitchen/bathroom/hall/bedroom)...

If you can do it in 30mins...NO quarrel--IDEAL couple

30mins-1hr...bit quarrel...OK i guess...

More than 1 hr with major argument..you got problems...

HAHAHA..yesterday me and my wife went there to choose tiles for our upcoming reno.....so many couples there haha so funny some argue some squabble...haha..oh by the way i took 30min to 1hr...
    Haha, my husband always say "up to you, up to you." He is very "qin-chai.
    Last edited by irisng; 13-08-12 at 17:43.

The lesson I learnt from marriage is to just give way and don't argue with the wife, my life is much more peaceful this way. I let my wife decide on all these renovation stuff so she is happy, and if she does not like the renovation later on, she cannot blame me. So either way, I win.

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    Haha, my husband always say "up to you, up to you." He is very "qin-chai.

Wow, "up to you" is my favorite phrase to my wife. Great minds think alike.

you;re fortunate that the wife takes control and decides.

some want control but cannot pull the trigger. Then when someone else decides, vetos the decision cos not really what she wants.

Quote Originally Posted by seletar
    The lesson I learnt from marriage is to just give way and don't argue with the wife, my life is much more peaceful this way. I let my wife decide on all these renovation stuff so she is happy, and if she does not like the renovation later on, she cannot blame me. So either way, I win.

Hahaha... this reminds me of my neighbour... also very "chin chai".. wife made all the decisions on renovation. Everthing also "ok,ok". When it came to the kitchen, wife decided not to make a "wet" kitchen"...

After renovations completed, the kitchen was smoking out the whole house for half the year (depending on monsoon season). Wife now blame the husband for not insisting on a "wet" kitchen....

Depending on the wife, some men can never win...

Over-reaching ...

Hahaha... this reminds me of my neighbour... also very "chin chai".. wife made all the decisions on renovation. Everthing also "ok,ok". When it came to the kitchen, wife decided not to make a "wet" kitchen"...

After renovations completed, the kitchen was smoking out the whole house for half the year (depending on monsoon season). Wife now blame the husband for not insisting on a "wet" kitchen....

Depending on the wife, some men can never win...

Haha, same leh, I will always seek my husband's opinion first, and he will tell me, you like it will do, no problem for him but if something pop up or not up to the standard, he will tell me his actual thinking, then I will ask him, aiyah why didn't you tell me earlier (not blame hor) haha , and then after that we will just let this matter pass.

My philosophy is small thing let wife decide but big thing I take charge.. !

Eg...buy car, property, share, bond..etc