Thread: Is gold leading indicator of sg property market?

Default Is gold leading indicator of sg property market?

Gold Doubles since the first QE, it is not producing yield but price elastic, unlike food, transport, telco biz. Since Singapore lands are sold like gold, gold price could ultimately be used by chief valuer to value GLS, what say u ?
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Gold priced in AUD (AUD is more stable than USD and interest yielding), definitely no bubble sign yet as real bubble is exponential, not linear

In 2003/2004, many OCR properties near MRT was priced at 400psf and priced was stagnant, much like gold price in AUD
    In 2008 prior to Lehman, OCR properties near MRT was priced at 700psf, it briefly went down to 600psf early 2009 just like Gold having a small dip
    After QE1/QE2, gold has doubled from 800-1600 AUD
    Now Optima @ TM 4XXsqft is priced at 1445psf, went up from 900psf in end 2009

There is high correlation definitely
    Last edited by phantom_opera; 28-07-12 at 13:15.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Gold priced in AUD (AUD is more stable than USD and interest yielding), definitely no bubble sign yet as real bubble is exponential, not linear

In 2003/2004, many OCR properties near MRT was priced at 400psf and priced was stagnant, much like gold price in AUD
    In 2008 prior to Lehman, OCR properties near MRT was priced at 700psf, it briefly went down to 600psf early 2009 just like Gold having a small dip
    After QE1/QE2, gold has doubled from 800-1600 AUD
    Now Optima @ TM 4XXsqft is priced at 1445psf, went up from 900psf in end 2009

There is high correlation definitely
    good analysis but how do we make use of gold price to predict the direction of property price? i.e. is it going up or down from here?

I think if Singapore goes into a crisis, the property and gold price trends will diverge.

Default Watch out for gold price

Default Talk Of A Gold Bubble Is Nonsense

Marc Faber thinks gold is not at all in a bubble ... i think he holds a lot

26 July, 2012

Talk of a gold bubble is nonsense. There is no sign of the price surge you saw with the Nasdaq bubble or oil stocks in the late 70s, or the jump in the gold price from $380 an ounce to $800 between November 1979 and February 1980. - in Arabian Money

More will invest in gold and other precious metal with the removal of GST. Will pretty prices follow?

The only question is whether Gold price can break through next resistance to hit an all time high in USD

It seems to hit all time high for EURO

if anything to go by ... gold is a good indicator for HK property market

Mario and Bernanke are Masters of kicking the can

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    The only question is whether Gold price can break through next resistance to hit an all time high in USD

It seems to hit all time high for EURO

Now only nominal high.. Wait till it breaches real peak then everyone (mine included) jaw drop. Lol.. I recall during one of my seminars I gave in 2010, I mentioned that gold is a steal at 1250 and has a parabolic potential for 50% fibo extension chance of fruition. At that time there were many doubters. Hiaks.
    But for it to breach the elusive 2k mark will require this thurs midnite for fairy to wave magic wand Liao. Will big Ben have the political will to do it? Million dollar question!

Quote Originally Posted by Vincegoh
    Now only nominal high.. Wait till it breaches real peak then everyone (mine included) jaw drop. Lol.. I recall during one of my seminars I gave in 2010, I mentioned that gold is a steal at 1250 and has a parabolic potential for 50% fibo extension chance of fruition. At that time there were many doubters. Hiaks.
    But for it to breach the elusive 2k mark will require this thurs midnite for fairy to wave magic wand Liao. Will big Ben have the political will to do it? Million dollar question!
    If QE3 is not as big or as open ended, market may crash lol

Dow gold ratio is now at 7.66 ... would it go below 4?