Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good response to Haus@Serangoon Garden

Default Good response to Haus@Serangoon Garden

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/arch...rangoon-garden

Published July 18, 2012

Good response to Haus@Serangoon Garden

By Felda Chay

HAUS@SERANGOON Garden, an environmentally friendly project by City Developments Ltd (CDL) and Hong Realty, was popular among homebuyers over the weekend, with 28 of the 40 terrace houses on offer at the preview sold.

Prices start from $2.4 million for an intermediate terrace unit with a land area of 1,615 square feet. Corner terraces cost more and start from $2.8 million for a unit with a land area of 2,284 sq ft.

CDL said about 40 per cent of buyers are residents in the neighbourhood. Said CDL group general manager Chia Ngiang Hong: "Landed housing space is becoming increasingly scarce, even more so in mature estates such as the popular Serangoon Gardens residential enclave."

Haus@Serangoon Garden is the first landed housing estate here to win the Building and Construction Authority's Green Mark Platinum award.

CDL said homeowners "stand to achieve up to 40 per cent" in utility savings for each terrace house. "Every unit comes with a one kilowatt-peak photovoltaic system installed on its roof. This generates solar power that offsets the grid electricity consumed by appliances such as the refrigerator provided in each house," the property developer said.

Each home also has a socket outlet suitable for electronic vehicle charging, which supports the government's initiatives for green transport and caters to demand for electric vehicles.

In all, Haus@Serangoon Garden will have 18 corner units and 79 intermediate terrace homes. All 97 units have two storeys, a basement and an attic. The 99-year leasehold project is expected to be completed by 2016.

All this while I thought it was 999y.
    Wow.... so laku one. 99yLH and yet can sell at such price!
    Amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    All this while I thought it was 999y.
    Wow.... so laku one. 99yLH and yet can sell at such price!
    Amazing!
    Not so laku lah when you considered people can buy penthouse with the same or even smaller built-in area at tripe or quadrable the price eg Solei Penthouse etc also for a 99LH properties some more in the air. At least they have land space and also more built-up area comparatively. Of course if you compare to your freehold landed there is nothing to say ..

Just like I bgt my FH full Condo at City fringe 6 years ago for $625 psf where people now can pay $1400psf for 99LH apartment at Ponggol. So just be thankful for your luck (and hindsight if any).

Quote Originally Posted by alamak
    Not so laku lah when you considered people can buy penthouse with the same or even smaller built-in area at tripe or quadrable the price eg Solei Penthouse etc also for a 99LH properties some more in the air. At least they have land space and also more built-up area comparatively. Of course if you compare to your freehold landed there is nothing to say ..

Just like I bgt my FH full Condo at City fringe 6 years ago for $625 psf where people now can pay $1400psf for 99LH apartment at Ponggol. So just be thankful for your luck (and hindsight if any).
    Condo different cos foreigner eligible.
    Resale better.
    Rental better.
    I really cannot swallow such prices for a 99y LH landed at such a price.

if 99LH Archipelago town house best
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    if 99LH Archipelago town house best
    How's the sale of the archi townhouses? I think they cost more than 2.4mil?

Condo different cos foreigner eligible.
    Resale better.
    Rental better.
    I really cannot swallow such prices for a 99y LH landed at such a price.
    True. True. Like my bro-in-law who bought his landed corner terrace at Pavillion Rise in 2002/2003 period at $1.25M now double already. I told him "waiting to triple" is not likely as landed can only be bought by a small Singaporean mkt .. and that's why only foreigner/PR help to keep our 99LH/FH Condo /Apartment price bouyant..

when lease is expiring can just pay to the government to top up the lease right

True. True. Like my bro-in-law who bought his landed corner terrace at Pavillion Rise in 2002/2003 period at $1.25M now double already. I told him "waiting to triple" is not likely as landed can only be bought by a small Singaporean mkt .. and that's why only foreigner/PR help to keep our 99LH/FH Condo /Apartment price bouyant..
    you just make a mistake giving advise to your brother in law.
    if he take your advise and sell, subsequently price increase, he will blame you
    if he take your advise and sell, subsequently price drop, he will forget that it is your advice.

no upside, plenty of downside.

Don't discount the impact of NEW citizens.

The recent population studies (25K to 30K new citizens needed) and the recent comments by our dear PM (on integrating well with new citizens) is indicative of a potential massive influx of new citizens in the near term. The pool of buyers for landed will be increased significantly very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    How's the sale of the archi townhouses? I think they cost more than 2.4mil?
    Yup, much more.
    According to ura website prices were between 3.4- 3.6 mil.

Yup, much more.
    According to ura website prices were between 3.4- 3.6 mil.
    Wow! Are they larger unit than the Haus?

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    Wow! Are they larger unit than the Haus?
    Yup, bigger.
    4402 sq feet.
    Strata semi D.
    http://archipelagocondo.com/home/wp-...emi-Detach.pdf

No. look at the Arcadia. Even when the owners are prepared to pay an arm and a leg to top up lease, URA said NO. URA is the landlord - they have the right not to top up the lease. in fact, I have NEVER heard of landed owners who manage to top up the lease. Just look at those landed at Geylang or Bedok. Now only worth $100+k which is essentially the present value of future rentals.

Also, financially make no sense to top up the lease at market rate. its analagous to buying a brand new property. Might as well go for a swanky new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    when lease is expiring can just pay to the government to top up the lease right

life is short and 99LH in general is more than enough... even if you cannot sell later, it can leave you thru for say 2-3 generation if you buy brandnew now.

imagine buying a 2mil landed LH now, it will cost you 1.7K a month if you live thru it... can you rent a landed 1.7k a mth 30 yrs down the road?? probably not...

so for own stay, choose something you like and for investment, watch out for timing.

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    life is short and 99LH in general is more than enough... even if you cannot sell later, it can leave you thru for say 2-3 generation if you buy brandnew now.

imagine buying a 2mil landed LH now, it will cost you 1.7K a month if you live thru it... can you rent a landed 1.7k a mth 30 yrs down the road?? probably not...

so for own stay, choose something you like and for investment, watch out for timing.
    40% down, at 1700 permonth to pay off the house is a good deal. Looking at the price of current house price for Landed, I would doubt I will be able to afford a 3.6 mil appt yet along, plus all the fee to pay for the facilities.

I guess, thats one of the reason why buying landed and not cluster still provide a lower recurring cost

CDL's results statement says 49 out of 60 launched units sold.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    CDL's results statement says 49 out of 60 launched units sold.
    this is quite good result in my opinion. now seems like landed is really in demand...timing is quite good.

It is very good response, considering they are 99LH and the price tag.

Wow.... very good response!
    Perhaps because the location is good.
    But how far or near is it to the CTE?

it is actually quite near, but they are camouflage by a lot of trees planted very close to earch other. so i guess the trees absorbed a lot of noise and pollution and car lights.

ok this is my opinion....location is actually no good u need to go so far in thought there would be peace and exclusiveness...but then, too close to CTE liao.

Quote Originally Posted by stl67
    it is actually quite near, but they are camouflage by a lot of trees planted very close to earch other. so i guess the trees absorbed a lot of noise and pollution and car lights.
    some of the better developers provide double glaze glass to absorb the noise. But when you open the window the noise filters in. So lppl

Close windows and turn on aircon. I've always found landed to be a little warm. End up turning aircon on most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Close windows and turn on aircon. I've always found landed to be a little warm. End up turning aircon on most of the time.
    thats why maybe 8 out of 10 have ceiling fans... not like HDB whereby your unit is high up in the air catching the wind...

99LH landed can sell so well. FH landed huat huat ah!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    99LH landed can sell so well. FH landed huat huat ah!
    Not much correlation I think...every category has its own market, not every one can effort FH. The gap still quite significant if u add any A&A or major reno into it.

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    ok this is my opinion....location is actually no good u need to go so far in thought there would be peace and exclusiveness...but then, too close to CTE liao.
    Agreed! I too don't understand why it's selling so well! Location pretty sucky, right next to CTE. Even with the trees blocking the sound, the constant traffic hum is still there. You just need to stand on the development plot itself to hear it. And what about the pollution? If I have $2.8m I wouldn't buy that. Better to spend $2m on older FH mid-terrace in a quieter / more peaceful location, and spend $800k doing it up to my liking.

Buyers could be overwhelmed by the location as it is near serangoon garden. It is Important to have landed next to park or water boddy to be cooler.