Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HDB disposal and condo purchase overlap at which point?

Default HDB disposal and condo purchase overlap at which point?

You
    may buy the private property after the first appointment of the selling flat.

As
    the policy/procedure may change from time to time, please enquire with us again
    for the prevailing policy at the point of your application.

That was the reply I got from HDB (as i got special approval to sell within 3 yrs) regards to whether i can buy a condo once my buyer exercised his option to buy my hdb...

now question is... "buy the private ppty" means the completion of the condo purchase (around 8 weeks after option exercise) needs to be after 1st apptmt? or does it mean i can only exercise option after 1st apptmt?

anyone faced similar situation before?

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

ummm... why must you sell your hdb first before buying condo ??... for avoiding that absd or what ??... don;t fully understand your question... thought after hdb-mop you can buy condo and holding both hdb and condo at the same time ??...

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    ummm... why must you sell your hdb first before buying condo ??... for avoiding that absd or what ??... don;t fully understand your question... thought after hdb-mop you can buy condo and holding both hdb and condo at the same time ??...
    nope mine is special case.. i sold before MOP is completed... so need special approval.

Are u the owner of the Toa Payoh flat that sold for a record 894k?

Quote Originally Posted by maisonjai
    Are u the owner of the Toa Payoh flat that sold for a record 894k?
    haha.. i wish bro.

Can disclose what special request you gave to HDB to sell your flat before the MOP?

Quote Originally Posted by Beebot
    Can disclose what special request you gave to HDB to sell your flat before the MOP?
    Family of 5 (with intention to add 1 more) squeezing into 59sqm home with one toilet. Plus household income.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincegoh
    Family of 5 (with intention to add 1 more) squeezing into 59sqm home with one toilet. Plus household income.
    Household income? You not getting a EC, aren't u?

Wow! That's a squeeze! 3 room flat?

Given the crunch of re-sale HDB and big supply of condos, I suppose HDB is more willing to agree to your request.

Ya! Contibuting to local headcount is way more impt than MOP anyday man!

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    Household income? You not getting a EC, aren't u?
    My household income way above EC ceiling bro.. So can't qualify.

Actually the reason why I was able to buy my resale flat 3 yrs back with 30k cpf family grant was cos I bought together with my dad (who has zero income). I got married soon after I got the flat before I added my wife's name to the flat (had to incur double stamp duty though). Otherwise with my wife income I won't be able to get a free leg up with a cpf grant as our income would have exceeded the income ceiling.

Wow! That's a squeeze! 3 room flat?
    Yah that's why I think I got waiver to sell before mop and buy a condo.

Even though my original intention is to keep my hdb flat. Shrugs.. I'm now barred from even buying hdb resale for the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
    Ya! Contibuting to local headcount is way more impt than MOP anyday man!
    Yeah when it comes to policy conflict, family wins!!

Default When should one sell HDB

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Given the crunch of re-sale HDB and big supply of condos, I suppose HDB is more willing to agree to your request.
    May I know your take on the over supply situation in HDB in years to come, if any?

I belongs to the group who owns both but staying in PC. The rental from HDB is v gd esp if considering 7% based on purchase price then. Recently, tenants have requested for extension of 1 more year of lease.

Based on the pricing now, it would be a matter of time before correction begins again just like the trigger for 98 crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Reisor
    May I know your take on the over supply situation in HDB in years to come, if any?

I belongs to the group who owns both but staying in PC. The rental from HDB is v gd esp if considering 7% based on purchase price then. Recently, tenants have requested for extension of 1 more year of lease.

Based on the pricing now, it would be a matter of time before correction begins again just like the trigger for 98 crash.
    Rental or sale of HDB now all very good because it is peak.

Quote Originally Posted by Reisor

I dun think HDB prices n rental will correct much as costs n population r still increasing. Oversupply will not happen as HDB can rent them out to e foreign workers, students n lower income families.

Quote Originally Posted by 2824
    Rental or sale of HDB now all very good because it is peak.
    With rental peaking and 25k BTO p.a. for next few years, will HDB prices continue to rise?
    If ave rental per unit ave 2.5kx12=30k, even against a resale price of $600k-700k (whether 4 or 5 rm), the yield is still comfortably 4-5% easily outmatch the low interest rate now.
    So most of those HDB Upgraders (Pasir Ris, Tampines, Sengkang, pungol) will not want to sell but rent out with good yield.
    However, this could spark the start of huge supply of HDB for rental when so many owns 2 or more, plus the many investors of MMs & 1-2 bedders having TOP in 2-3 years time.
    if the FTs are absorbing well, good but their numbers are finite. So, will "oversupply" starts in this aspect, from year 2015 huge # BTO completed, 2020 oversupply of HDB resale after MOP.

if oversupply happens, hdb at the lowest pecking order will get hit the most. imagine full facilities mass market condo @ mrt rent $2k,hdb @ mrt can rent how much? 1k? hdb not near mrt completely no rental. this is the scenario if massive oversupply, massive retrenchment.

My household income way above EC ceiling bro.. So can't qualify.

Actually the reason why I was able to buy my resale flat 3 yrs back with 30k cpf family grant was cos I bought together with my dad (who has zero income). I got married soon after I got the flat before I added my wife's name to the flat (had to incur double stamp duty though). Otherwise with my wife income I won't be able to get a free leg up with a cpf grant as our income would have exceeded the income ceiling.
    So I suspect the 5 includes your father coz his hdb flat is sold? Wow, in less than 3 yrs, you have 2 kids already and planning for the 3rd? Impressive! Way to go! Our country needs families like yours!

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    if oversupply happens, hdb at the lowest pecking order will get hit the most. imagine full facilities mass market condo @ mrt rent $2k,hdb @ mrt can rent how much? 1k? hdb not near mrt completely no rental. this is the scenario if massive oversupply, massive retrenchment.
    Well when that happens, its more than just rental we are concerned about. The world would have been a different place to live in already. Govt would have stepped in to help the economy, (I didn't say rental market) and minimize the impact. Well, when that happens, I'll eat bread daily and use the money to service my mortgage loans liao!! Plus drink lots of water to feel bloated!

The valuation officers will ensure that the correction of HDB and land prices won't be too steep. If it gets worse we might start our own printing also via hand-outs that may look like the recent GST rebates and upward salary revisions. This will be effectively stealing the wealth from the savers via inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    So I suspect the 5 includes your father coz his hdb flat is sold? Wow, in less than 3 yrs, you have 2 kids already and planning for the 3rd? Impressive! Way to go! Our country needs families like yours!
    yeah it includes my father. my father is a low income earner so he didn't even get the chance to own a hdb flat... he scrimped and saved his way to put me through school (plus i was quite a sickly kid ).

my wife was already expecting my 1st kid before we got married and delivered 1 mth after moving into our hdb flat. just had our 2nd kid last year...

me wanna get the kids one shot out of the way.. so we can focus on building our retirement funds once i settle their education funds. haha..

yeah it includes my father. my father is a low income earner so he didn't even get the chance to own a hdb flat... he scrimped and saved his way to put me through school (plus i was quite a sickly kid ).

my wife was already expecting my 1st kid before we got married and delivered 1 mth after moving into our hdb flat. just had our 2nd kid last year...

me wanna get the kids one shot out of the way.. so we can focus on building our retirement funds once i settle their education funds. haha..
    Better not under-estimate the cost of bringing up 2/3 kids.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Better not under-estimate the cost of bringing up 2/3 kids.
    i set aside 5k a mth for 2 kids currently (and will set aside up to 7k a mth once they reach schooling age).

plus i have both their insurance and term plans done up since birth so they will each receive a lump sum of money when they get to tertiary education age (fully cover local uni or partially cover overseas study).

i set aside 5k a mth for 2 kids currently (and will set aside up to 7k a mth once they reach schooling age).

plus i have both their insurance and term plans done up since birth so they will each receive a lump sum of money when they get to tertiary education age (fully cover local uni or partially cover overseas study).
    Looks good.

sickly kid? how so? care to share if not too intruding...

I also. I had asthma, allergies, eczema, spine issues, gastric troubles, heart disease... all except last are inherited.

now uncle liao, most are well managed. unless sudden extreme stress strike then all may act up at one go lol...

part of y dun want kids... dont wish to c them suffer...

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    sickly kid? how so? care to share if not too intruding...

I also. I had asthma, allergies, eczema, spine issues, gastric troubles, heart disease... all except last are inherited.

now uncle liao, most are well managed. unless sudden extreme stress strike then all may act up at one go lol...

part of y dun want kids... dont wish to c them suffer...
    wah, your case seems quite serious. hopefully u are feeling much better now?

i had severe digestive issues since an infant and eczema issues too. abit of stunted growth when i was kid as i'm not absorbing nutrients etc etc. had asthma too but most conditions under control now and haven been bothering me much (Touch wood!)... but i still look like a refugee as i have problems gaining weight. lol

but my poor son abit unlucky cos he inherited my tummy and eczema issues. worse still, he inherited my wife's poor eyesight (her myopia is more thousand plus degrees) and has very bad squinting on both eyes so will need surgery soon. sigh.. daughter also got bad eczema. damn poor thing.

wah, your case seems quite serious. hopefully u are feeling much better now?

i had severe digestive issues since an infant and eczema issues too. abit of stunted growth when i was kid as i'm not absorbing nutrients etc etc. had asthma too but most conditions under control now and haven been bothering me much (Touch wood!)... but i still look like a refugee as i have problems gaining weight. lol

but my poor son abit unlucky cos he inherited my tummy and eczema issues. worse still, he inherited my wife's poor eyesight (her myopia is more thousand plus degrees) and has very bad squinting on both eyes so will need surgery soon. sigh.. daughter also got bad eczema. damn poor thing.
    I can feel your 'sigh'ness... As a kid I feel inferior to the sporty fit guys as my stamina is limited. During NS could complete 2.4km and pass IPPT was already very very thankful. But often pass out during subsequent normal LIFE Runs... really cmi.

During primary school I also considered underweight and even had to take vitamins supplements recommended by the school. Thats around the same time that they found out I got scoliosis (mild la). Milk is not that great although I was ok during the Milk program in pri sch and absolutely love the choc milk, come to sec sch after puberty I always LS after taking any milk... till now I am intolerant to lactose and allergic to some seafood. Till now I still have difficulty putting on and keeping the weight. My BMI hovers around 18-18.5 normally. People do envy me for able to eat anything I want without putting on at all hahahah.... guess we do have some advantage.

For conditions like eczema and digestion related (actually the skin, eye, nose, stomach lining complex all related and linked)... these are often passed on to children (high rate of inheritance). Can't be helped...

The fortunate part about inherited diseases (other than inherited properties ) is that you have gone through yourselves so you will be the best person to help your kids cope with them. The hard part is the esteem and peer pressure, but that can be overcome with a little bit more attention from you as parents. Tell them they are unique just like everyone else and nobody is perfect. These 'problems' help them become stronger adults in future.
    Last edited by carbuncle; 03-07-12 at 17:47.

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    I can feel your 'sigh'ness... As a kid I feel inferior to the sporty fit guys as my stamina is limited. During NS could complete 2.4km and pass IPPT was already very very thankful. But often pass out during subsequent normal LIFE Runs... really cmi.

During primary school I also considered underweight and even had to take vitamins supplements recommended by the school. Thats around the same time that they found out I got scoliosis (mild la). Milk is not that great although I was ok during the Milk program in pri sch and absolutely love the choc milk, come to sec sch after puberty I always LS after taking any milk... till now I am intolerant to lactose and allergic to some seafood. Till now I still have difficulty putting on and keeping the weight. My BMI hovers around 18-18.5 normally. People do envy me for able to eat anything I want without putting on at all hahahah.... guess we do have some advantage.

For conditions like eczema and digestion related (actually the skin, eye, nose, stomach lining complex all related and linked)... these are often passed on to children (high rate of inheritance). Can't be helped...

The fortunate part about inherited diseases (other than inherited properties ) is that you have gone through yourselves so you will be the best person to help your kids cope with them. The hard part is the esteem and peer pressure, but that can be overcome with a little bit more attention from you as parents. Tell them they are unique just like everyone else and nobody is perfect. These 'problems' help them become stronger adults in future.
    spinal issues can be quite problematic especially when we get on with age.. i hear chiropractors can help to alleviate symptoms and strengthen your spine. my ex boss also has problems with his spine so he visited one of these chiropractors and swore by the effect. i can try to help u get the contact...

yah sometimes feel quite helpless as nothing much i can do to help with the itching and problems. but yeah, i believe with proper guidance can help them to see through it and turn out to be a strong point to give them a steely resolve.

me too had an inferior complex when i was a kid.. but am now supremely confident about myself (not physically)! so hopefully will teach my kids the same about knowing how other capabilities can be key to unlocking windows of opportunities in the world.

no one owes us a living and it's up to us to make the best of what we have.