Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13182328333839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1480

Thread: ECO at Bedok South near Tanah Merah MRT (FEO)

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    Better buy more sweets this year....
    do u want?
    Can i come trick or treat at your house?

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    Can i come trick or treat at your house?
    there are lots of children running and door knocking on that nite....just be fun lor!
    trick or treat : both are ok with me....I am old enough to enjoy all these...so long everyone is happy

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    The units lease is up and the tenants are in the midst of moving out. HDB is taking the land back for redevelopment. Not exactly sure what kind of development but the blocks are definitely more than 20yo....
    Yes, actually its 4 blks nos 47 to 50. My sis-in-lay was in blk 49 and hdb repossessed the blks some yrs back indicating that they will be redeveloped. My sis-in-law was then offered vista 8 for relocation. As for ECO being a cemetery site, must be many many yrs back then as my wife who grew up in blk 49 cannot recall there being a cemetery.
    Would have taken a 2 br at ECO, unfortunately, not prepared to tie up my funds at the moment as am awaiting Waterview TOP, then decide whether to keep or let go Aquarius.

Quote Originally Posted by jbtay
    Yes, actually its 4 blks nos 47 to 50. My sis-in-lay was in blk 49 and hdb repossessed the blks some yrs back indicating that they will be redeveloped. My sis-in-law was then offered vista 8 for relocation. As for ECO being a cemetery site, must be many many yrs back then as my wife who grew up in blk 49 cannot recall there being a cemetery.
    Would have taken a 2 br at ECO, unfortunately, not prepared to tie up my funds at the moment as am awaiting Waterview TOP, then decide whether to keep or let go Aquarius.

My Friend lived at bedok south > 40 yrs . It was a kampong in the 60's & Eco condo site was a cemetery. Buying Eco condo is not a wise investment for a price of >$1300psf leasehold. The Esta condo Freehold @ Amber road is selling around $1350psf. This will be a better investment. But With the latest CM annoucement, property investment is no longer a good hedge against inflation.

if U want to simply want to better used of your >$300k cash to beat inflation. U should look into BOND. Today, OUE (4% ) 7yrs new bond is 9x oversubscribe.This OUE bond LTV is 70%. If U get allocation. U only need to come out cash $75k to buy 1 lot (min $250k). The rest $175k is borrowed @ interest rate 1.35%. So your effective yield is actually 8%. U can sell the bond anytime.

The rich people are moving into Bond, not property. U can find out more from your Std chart or DBS relationship manager. U need to wait for a stock mkt deep correction maybe next yr to be able to buy the SG bond at good price. Start to find out more about bond.

rdgs,
    Vic

Quote Originally Posted by cbsh38584
    My Friend lived at bedok south > 40 yrs . It was a kampong in the 60's & Eco condo site was a cemetery. Buying Eco condo is not a wise investment for a price of >$1300psf leasehold. The Esta condo Freehold @ Amber road is selling around $1350psf. This will be a better investment. But With the latest CM annoucement, property investment is no longer a good hedge against inflation.

if U want to simply want to better used of your >$300k cash to beat inflation. U should look into BOND. Today, OUE (4% ) 7yrs new bond is 9x oversubscribe.This OUE bond LTV is 70%. If U get allocation. U only need to come out cash $75k to buy 1 lot (min $250k). The rest $175k is borrowed @ interest rate 1.35%. So your effective yield is actually 8%. U can sell the bond anytime.

The rich people are moving into Bond, not property. U can find out more from your Std chart or DBS relationship manager. U need to wait for a stock mkt deep correction maybe next yr to be able to buy the SG bond at good price. Start to find out more about bond.

rdgs,
    Vic
    U quoted the price of The Esta is the lowest end of $1360, the highest is $1548psf and a bigger quantum. Please give a fairer picture on pricing when u quote.

As for the new bond issue, SCB will not give u upfront leverage financing, ie u need to come out with the full $250,000 first, and once ur alloted, then u can apply for the leverage. Once the leverage comes, u can only buy over OTC at a min of $250,000. I am not sure about DBS as their pricing is not so attractive to me.

For the OUE case, it is over-subscribed within 10 minutes, only institution buyers, with a size of only $200m and there is no LTV given for this. With such a small sze issue, u hardly can find an OTC market. And, u cannot even get one lot if ur just a small fish of 1 lot.

On top of this, there is a custodian fee, I cannot recall the %.

BTW, u must be quite a big customer with DBS or SCB to have a cost of fund of 1.35%.
    In average, the leverage cost is 1.55% to 1.8%pa, depends on who you are.

also forgot to add, there is a spread when u buy / sell at OTC, I think is 0.5%

BTW, u must be quite a big customer with DBS or SCB to have a cost of fund of 1.35%.
    In average, the leverage cost is 1.55% to 1.8%pa, depends on who you are.

also forgot to add, there is a spread when u buy / sell at OTC, I think is 0.5%
    wow lots to learn from u!

I think chestnut have mentioned before.. what is the focus here..

if you want income, bonds might be the instrument..
    but if you want capital appreciation, property will be the instrument.

But definitely agree bonds with leverage is damn good returns. Now is only how much risk appetite you have. Maybe cbsh378$784 can shed some light on how he mitigate the risks of borrowing costs going up and his risk management or money management on bonds.

I have created a separate thread "BOND THREAD" under category coffee talk.

can we have all the bond discussion in there....

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...t=15297&page=6

rdgs,
    Vic

Whether a condo site was previously a cementry or not will be long forgotten once the place is up and surrounding gets developed. Agree about comparing LH and FH based on pfs, but to be fair, comparison needs to be based on similar size and quantum, and site area/facilities/MRT.

I have created a separate thread "BOND THREAD" under category coffee talk.

can we have all the bond discussion in there....

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...t=15297&page=6
    good move. i want to know more about Eco's sales rather than bonds.

Quote Originally Posted by ekl2ekl2
    Whether a condo site was previously a cementry or not will be long forgotten once the place is up and surrounding gets developed. Agree about comparing LH and FH based on pfs, but to be fair, comparison needs to be based on similar size and quantum, and site area/facilities/MRT.
    The Eco condo is near MRT. Those facing MRT will need to take note of the Train Breaking noise when approaching Tanah Merah station. The Eco condo price is already price in MRT location.

The Esta condo is yet to price in Potential upside when Eastern line MRT station is announced. But again, the latest CM make it difficult for potential property investors to buy now.

I believe property will not crash due to the low interest rate. So does BOND.
    If interest rate will to slowly creep up 2-3%. You have plenty of time to sell your bond. As for property, U need to wait till the 5th year to be able to sell due to the stamp duty penalty. If U cant rent out. U need to come out 30k to 40k/yr or more (50k/yr) to service your loan , property tax & maintenance fee. U really need to have a deep pocket for this property investment.

rdgs,
    Vic

are you a bond salesman? you describe it like the best thing since slice bread.

and by the way, bonds aren't without their downside, because of the excessive yield compression, when interest rates rise, those low yielders are going to be hit first, and it could hit faster than you can call your broker to sell ah. And in an OTC market, bear in mind you have to deal with bid offer spreads that may widen in times of less favourable market conditions.

but please take this bond discussion to the other thread, i have no wish to continue talking about bonds in Eco's thread.

Quote Originally Posted by kane

and by the way, bonds aren't without their downside, because of the excessive yield compression, when interest rates rise, those low yielders are going to be hit first, and it could hit faster than you can call your broker to sell ah. And in an OTC market, bear in mind you have to deal with bid offer spreads that may widen in times of less favourable market conditions.

but please take this bond discussion to the other thread, i have no wish to continue talking about bonds in Eco's thread.
    I am not an expert. Just learn from the expert. We shall only talk about ECO condo . No bond discussion here.

Quote Originally Posted by price
    wow lots to learn from u!
    he is champion la bro...old bird and seasoned player...we all can learn from him....

I realize I can really learn a lot here and it's v current!

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    he is champion la bro...old bird and seasoned player...we all can learn from him....
    yes yes, too bad ive been too busy to learn

cbsh38584 , sorry, but why are you anti eCO?

Quote Originally Posted by kane

ha ha ha ... exactly !!!
    Ride at your own risk !!!

SINGAPORE: 515 units out of the 603 units released at eCO condominium project have been sold within a month.

They were launched for sale on September 22.

The 748-unit development, located at Bedok South is a joint venture between Far East Organization, Frasers Centrepoint and Sekisui House.

The developers said all 240 two- and three-bedroom condominium units have been sold out.

Meanwhile, about half of the SOHO and suite units were snapped up, mostly by buyers aged 30 to 49 years.

In a joint statement released on Tuesday, the developers added that over 90 per cent of the buyers were Singaporeans or Singapore Permanent Residents.

And majority of the buyers are living in the Bedok, Chai Chee, Marine Parade, and East Coast districts.

Prices for units at eCo start from S$810,000 for a one-bedroom suite.

The project is estimated to be completed in 2017.

- CNA/fa

Source - http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...232977/1/.html

Let's see what Keppel Land's launch next year, should be around early 3Q2013

Quote Originally Posted by reporter2
    http://www.todayonline.com/Business/EDC121022-0000081/URA-awards-site-near-Tanah-Merah-MRT-at-S$434,6m

URA awards site near Tanah Merah MRT at S$434.6m

Updated 05:00 PM Oct 22, 2012

SINGAPORE - The Urban Redevelopment Authority on Monday awarded the tender for a housing site in New Upper Changi Road to Keppel Land unit Sherwood Developments, which beat ten other bidders with its highest bid of S$434.6 million.

The site was launched for sale under the Confirmed List of the Government Land Sales programme. Located within an established private housing estate and close to Tanah Merah MRT Station, the 99-year leasehold site has an area of 343,171 sq ft and a maximum gross floor area of 549,078 sq ft. The tender closed last Tuesday.

"When awarded the site … Keppel Land plans to develop about 700 homes ranging from 500 to 1,400 sq ft in one- to four-bedroom configurations," said the developer, whose bid translates to S$791 per sq ft per plot ratio.

Mr Lee Sze Teck, Senior Manager of Training, Research and Consultancy at DWG, noted at the close of tender that Sherwood's bid was 7.1 per cent higher than the second best bid from Bayfront Land, a joint venture between Fragrance Group and World Class Land.

The estimated breakeven is between S$1,150 and S$1,200 psf, while the selling price could be in the range of S$1,400 to S$1,450 psf, higher than the average selling price of S$1,300 to S$1,400 psf at eCO in Bedok South, he added.

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    SINGAPORE: 515 units out of the 603 units released at eCO condominium project have been sold within a month.

They were launched for sale on September 22.

The 748-unit development, located at Bedok South is a joint venture between Far East Organization, Frasers Centrepoint and Sekisui House.

The developers said all 240 two- and three-bedroom condominium units have been sold out.

Meanwhile, about half of the SOHO and suite units were snapped up, mostly by buyers aged 30 to 49 years.

In a joint statement released on Tuesday, the developers added that over 90 per cent of the buyers were Singaporeans or Singapore Permanent Residents.

And majority of the buyers are living in the Bedok, Chai Chee, Marine Parade, and East Coast districts.

Prices for units at eCo start from S$810,000 for a one-bedroom suite.

The project is estimated to be completed in 2017.

- CNA/fa

Source - http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...232977/1/.html
    800k suites make Watertown suites @ 500k look dirt cheap

the really scary part is after MAS loan restriction, the sold units are still moving like 10-20 per week with the "from YXXk" ever increasing

looks like CM is getting less and less effective ...
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    the really scary part is after MAS loan restriction, the sold units are still moving like 10-20 per week with the "from YXXk" ever increasing

I think they moved about 50 units after the CM effected on 6 Oct.
    Well done....

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera

Not surprising as majority of us agree that the current CM has limited effect. On the other hand, it may well have pushed some of those fence sitters over.

The marginal investors have been squashed out. Those that remains are real investors with real deep pockets or those with real needs like their sole property.

There are really that many real investors ?

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    There are really that many real investors ?
    I guess those with more than 3 units (ie. 4 and above) could b considered as investors?

Despite the Seven Magnificent CMs, quite amazing that they are so many investors and well leveraged families buying for the next generation.

Every new launch, at least within walkable distance to MRT/facilities has been snapped up like hotcakes. The queues, throwing cheques for balloting, the frenzy etc. Sometimes wonder how come they are so many cash rich people.

The now "billion" dollar question is when this party is ever going to end, if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by price
    800k suites make Watertown suites @ 500k look dirt cheap
    Hmm, less than a year ago WT was going for 1k Psf for their suites? I tot was going to b more ex than that...