Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212631364146 ... LastLast

Thread: ECO at Bedok South near Tanah Merah MRT (FEO)

laguna, so this eco unit for your son is not going to be under the trust?

heard eco brought back interest for bedok residences. good to have new launches

Is the Show flat ready?don't mind taking a look

Laguna is trying to buy another property under his son's name? Should just ask son to wait if still single. Difficult to buy a flat once you have a private property. Have a colleagues son who is a medical student in the 3rd year and girlfriend will be graduating from the law school soon. They should get a hdb flat once girlfriend graduate othewise it will exceed the household limit. Prefer to decide later to pass on to them as gift after assessing their spouse.
    Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    Single 23yo how to get hdb?

ECO is designed by Keang Young, the architect who designs Solaris and NLB HQ.
    Quote Originally Posted by propertychap
    heard eco brought back interest for bedok residences. good to have new launches

Quote Originally Posted by Worsty
    Laguna, throw in a R8. Acutally i prefer eco la if one drives..quieter but that's just me. Bedok central is too busy liao
    R8 for my son? the car will be scrapped within 3 months and my son in hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    I don't think Laguna's son fancy going to wet market or whatever market aunties go to ... no hot babes there
    I hope he knows what is wet market about.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Why buy condo first? Should go for a HDB flat first. It is a Singaporean's privilege.
    In fact, I have a different thinking. I rather my both children are not eligible to buy from HDB as their family income ceiling exceeded.

Looking at property market cycle, if they buy HDB, be it BTO or resale, with MOP 5 years, and BTO another 3 years for building, then they will miss a good property cycle. That will be even more costly to them.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    laguna, so this eco unit for your son is not going to be under the trust?
    No, we give our children the down payment with a cap for their first property. My girl, we funded the down payment for her first property and she just sold it last week with some profit. Without the seed money, it is difficult for the children to start.

Laguna is trying to buy another property under his son's name? Should just ask son to wait if still single. Difficult to buy a flat once you have a private property.
    Ya, understand, but my grandchildren will be at Toa Nan, and there is no new HDB flats there.

Also, if buy now, the property when completed, will be just in time for his marriage and no excuse for not producing children.....

I did not have an opportunity to buy a hdb flat. Would encourage if they have the opportunit before they exceed the limit.

Fortunately we have a house walking distance to my old school which my grandchild can stay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    R8 for my son? the car will be scrapped within 3 months and my son in hospital.

I hope he knows what is wet market about.

In fact, I have a different thinking. I rather my both children are not eligible to buy from HDB as their family income ceiling exceeded.

Looking at property market cycle, if they buy HDB, be it BTO or resale, with MOP 5 years, and BTO another 3 years for building, then they will miss a good property cycle. That will be even more costly to them.

No, we give our children the down payment with a cap for their first property. My girl, we funded the down payment for her first property and she just sold it last week with some profit. Without the seed money, it is difficult for the children to start.

Ya, understand, but my grandchildren will be at Toa Nan, and there is no new HDB flats there.

Also, if buy now, the property when completed, will be just in time for his marriage and no excuse for not producing children.....

Fortunately we have a house walking distance to my old school which my grandchild can stay.
    u already have a grandchild?!

Ride at your own risk !!!

Laguna .. its so fortunate to be your children, having their parents to pay for their downpayment. The initial 'lever' is indeed critical in today's market and economy

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro
    Laguna .. its so fortunate to be your children, having their parents to pay for their downpayment. The initial 'lever' is indeed critical in today's market and economy
    let's look at it this way, eventually all my monies will be their monies. It is to give them earlier for better use and have a better head start than others.

Looking at the rate the property prices going up, when can my son saves his down payment fast enough to catch up.

Far from retire. My child is studying in the same school as me. Hope my grandchild too.
    u already have a grandchild?!

My intention is to pass on the properties to them as gift. They should buy a HDB (unless not eligible) plus rental income from properties to supplement their active salary. Should be quite comfortable.
    let's look at it this way, eventually all my monies will be their monies. It is to give them earlier for better use and have a better head start than others.

Looking at the rate the property prices going up, when can my son saves his down payment fast enough to catch up.
    Last edited by DC33_2008; 09-09-12 at 11:06.

Far from retire. My child is studying in the same school as me. Hope my grandchild too.
    U think too far lol, 二十四孝爷爷

That's really a fresh perspective. Thanks for the insight.

My intention is to pass on the properties to them as gift. They should buy a HDB (unless not eligible) plus rental income from properties to supplement their active salary. Should be quite comfortable.
    All of us, really, take care of our children too well......

I am not sure whether they will take care of me equally well....

paying downpayment for them but making them responsible for the ongoing mortgage is a good way to help them grow up

I do not give them earlier but only when I pass on. Our name will be on the title deeds as this is a legacy that we pass on.

paying downpayment for them but making them responsible for the ongoing mortgage is a good way to help them grow up
    ya, all of a sudden, my son realises the bread and butter issues, checking on the maintenance fee, monthly payment, interest, walking distance to MRT, rental yield, supply situation etc etc. and how much he needs to earn and save to support a family....

DC... pls don't spoonfeed them. Just pay for downpayment like bro Laguna if you will. Else they will depend on you for everything maybe even expect you to buy for their grandchildren...

Have u ever thought of Singapore peak at year 2020 like Japan in 1980

Thank god my mum never did anything for me. I will do only minimal not to run afoul of the law for her.

ya, all of a sudden, my son realises the bread and butter issues, checking on the maintenance fee, monthly payment, interest, walking distance to MRT, rental yield, supply situation etc etc. and how much he needs to earn and save to support a family....
    What they say is true indeed. WHEN placed into a situation, the boy needs to grow up into a man and he will.

I do not give them earlier but only when I pass on. Our name will be on the title deeds as this is a legacy that we pass on.
    The legacy I want to leave behind is not the name on the title deeds but how the parents bring them up to where they are and what they are....

Money and properties are never the subject between the family. I have seen too many family members fighting for monies in my life time and I don't want this to happen to my children.

So long u have more than one child, it is also very difficult to have a fair distribution of wealth among them. eg, my girl is a superb earner, a HNWI at the age of 25 on her own and my son is an average earner, how shall I distribute my wealth??? My friends also have the same problem

Just like what Laguna said. We will leave behind what we have to them as we pass on. I will pass my properties to them as gift when I pass on. $ has no name to it but title deeds have my name. Trust is the best. Still prefer them to own a HDB flat as I did not have a chance.
    DC... pls don't spoonfeed them. Just pay for downpayment like bro Laguna if you will. Else they will depend on you for everything maybe even expect you to buy for their grandchildren...

Share equally to reduce friction between your two kids. How you bring them up will be forgotten in the world we are living in right now. It is unfortunate. Ask your girl who is the HNWI industry. How many can have a clear conscience when they look after their clients investment plan when they move up the ladder? This applies to lawyers, politicians, etc too.
    The legacy I want to leave behind is not the name on the title deeds but how the parents bring them up to where they are and what they are....

Money and properties are never the subject between the family. I have seen too many family members fighting for monies in my life time and I don't want this to happen to my children.

So long u have more than one child, it is also very difficult to have a fair distribution of wealth among them. eg, my girl is a superb earner, a HNWI at the age of 25 on her own and my son is an average earner, how shall I distribute my wealth??? My friends also have the same problem

My mother continuously pick issues to fight on about money all my life. Even though me and my siblings are not working we still give ample allowances and its never enough for her to go on her own shopping and touring sprees. She has never really spent a single cent on us. Its all my Dad money. He is the bo chap type who leaves all the money management to her. She has her own stash of half a million or so.

What do you do with such parents, if I may ask, respectfully?

Share equally to reduce friction between your two kids. How you bring them up will be forgotten in the world we are living in right now. It is unfortunate. Ask your girl who is the HNWI industry. How many can have a clear conscience when they look after their clients investment plan when they move up the ladder? This applies to lawyers, politicians, etc too.
    I do agree. Often in the working world. Its like they say shen bu you ji...

When you toil day in and out its difficult to see things and the big picture clearly.

Only after a break of almost a year than I come to realise a lot of things and see clearly things for what they are...

Have u ever thought of Singapore peak at year 2020 like Japan in 1980
    yes, I have re-profiled my investments alr.

Japan is a different animal from Sg, how many Prime Minister they have changed....lost count...their debt to GDP is extremely high...FDI is relatively low...I see they will still in current stage for the next 10 years at least. I don't see a break through.

With the current SSD, the big supply of new launches will not hit the market till 2016, and HDB will only hit resale market 2020...interest rate will stay low for quite some time...the ECB, Fed, BOJ will not raise their interest, as the amount of interest they pay will kill their economy further....

My son counts left, counts right and share with me the reason for not going ahead.