Thread: Are we all gonna live past 90?

Default Are we all gonna live past 90?

Taken from cpf web:

"Singapore has one of the highest life expectancies in the world. For Singaporeans who are aged 65 today, about half of them are expected to live beyond 85, and a third are expected to live beyond 90. Future retirees, including those who will be turning 65 in the next few years are expected to live even longer."

Thanks but no thanks...

http://www.ssa.gov/planners/lifeexpectancy.htm

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
    Taken from cpf web:

"Singapore has one of the highest life expectancies in the world. For Singaporeans who are aged 65 today, about half of them are expected to live beyond 85, and a third are expected to live beyond 90. Future retirees, including those who will be turning 65 in the next few years are expected to live even longer."

Thanks but no thanks...

bull la this report...its a propaganda to brainwash sinkie.s to let MIW increase min. sum and retirement age

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
    Taken from cpf web:

Thanks but no thanks...

"Expected" is vague. Which percentile? 90th percentile, 70th percentile or 50th percentile? Maybe euthanasia will be allowed when the day comes. I do not wish to live too long as well, especially if I have dementia and my kid has plans to dump me at nursing homes.

living in the city == won't live that long

no $$ no long life
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

i don't think i wanna live that long

It is stupid.

At the age of 85, how many can still walk? If I want to see the world after my retirement, shouldn't I be given this freedom to do so? After all, it is my own money.

Quote Originally Posted by paulho77
    bull la this report...its a propaganda to brainwash sinkie.s to let MIW increase min. sum and retirement age
    What else can it be?
    Minimum sum gonna raise to $200k or whatever stupid amount as long as sinkies cannot withdraw

Quote Originally Posted by House
    What else can it be?
    Minimum sum gonna raise to $200k or whatever stupid amount as long as sinkies cannot withdraw
    Property the only way can utilize the ordinary account... No wonder all cheong buy property.