Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Hillside and Hillington Green

Default The Hillside and Hillington Green

With crazy prices for new projects, and the lack of launches nowadays, thinking of looking into older developments for some value buys to stay....

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: The Hillside and Hillington Green

I think the Hillside looks nicer than Hillington Green, plus location-wise there is really no comparison. The Hillside wins hands down!

The Hillside: D21, Freehold

Hillington Green: D23, 999 years

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ht
    With crazy prices for new projects, and the lack of launches nowadays, thinking of looking into older developments for some value buys to stay....
    i agree. new projects are too expensive. have been looking at older developments myself and finally settled for a unit at avalon.

Hillside Guest

Hi HT, I would choose Hillside of course! Looks very distinguished perched up there on the slope overlooking the road. More prominent than Hillington Green.

Hillside Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    i agree. new projects are too expensive. have been looking at older developments myself and finally settled for a unit at avalon.
    Hasn't the Avalon's prices run up as well? If I'm not wrong it's run up a fair bit already... Well, on the other hand its still cheaper than a new one in a comparable location. Congrats!

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hillside
    Hasn't the Avalon's prices run up as well? If I'm not wrong it's run up a fair bit already... Well, on the other hand its still cheaper than a new one in a comparable location. Congrats!
    thanks! yup, prices have gone up recently. wish i had taken notice of this place a year ago when prices were less than 1k psf. managed to get my unit under 1.4k psf in mar and prices are now hovering around 1500-1600psf. and definitely much, much cheaper than the new projects launched/launching in that vicinity.

btw, i have been to hillside some years back and find the place to have a very resorty air. it's a nice place to stay in. but the entrance is very hidden, always have to drive up slowly so that i don't miss it.

robinsonscentrepoint Guest

I have a relative living at Hillington Green on one of the upper floors. It is very peaceful, the air smells great, and is well-maintained. Dunno about the other units but the one my relative lives in has a private lift lobby.

Thanks for the feedback. These 2 are the more popular ones in the area.

Hillside is FH, so I think it does command higher premium than Hillington Green.

Will be looking out for ads on these this coming weekend. Last transacted price of these units were around 550-600psf on the www.condo.com.sg, though the deals were completed 2 mth's back. Seems reasonable if still around this price.
    Last edited by ht; 22-05-07 at 21:14.

Unregistered Guest

Both these properties dont have very good amenities. The Linear is a gem in this regard. Stylish and well located. Its opposite future MRT and is currently very near Bkt Panjang Plaza and LRT. So, its really very convenient. prices there have really gone up tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Both these properties dont have very good amenities. The Linear is a gem in this regard. Stylish and well located. Its opposite future MRT and is currently very near Bkt Panjang Plaza and LRT. So, its really very convenient. prices there have really gone up tho.
    I have nothing against Linear buyers, I have visited a few times, the last time about 2 mths ago, in fact I almost wanted to get a unit about 18mths ago. Fortunately I did not.

While the design is unique and interior finishing is pretty nice, there are 2 key weaknesses : Facing; it is either the drain plus school or the main road plus western sun, plus the fact that Facilities are quite minimal, the pool is really too small for my liking. The development is pretty small.

I finally decided on the Infiniti in West Coast.

I could not believe that the Linear upped their price despite having so much problem selling off their units.

Unregistered Guest

Infiniti is a lousy choice, over-priced. Poor amenities, no where near public transport/shopping center, so darn near AYE is which has trailers rumbling up and down the road 24hrsx7days a week.

I have nothing against Linear buyers, I have visited a few times, the last time about 2 mths ago, in fact I almost wanted to get a unit about 18mths ago. Fortunately I did not.

While the design is unique and interior finishing is pretty nice, there are 2 key weaknesses : Facing; it is either the drain plus school or the main road plus western sun, plus the fact that Facilities are quite minimal, the pool is really too small for my liking. The development is pretty small.

I finally decided on the Infiniti in West Coast.

I could not believe that the Linear upped their price despite having so much problem selling off their units.

charis0 Guest

It's never healthy to criticise each other's property. Every condo has got its good points, otherwise no one will buy it in the first place ya?

The main thing is that everyone makes money, even if it's on paper right? Cheers!

Unregistered Guest

The reason why one would criticise others is due to fear that the others will be more popular choice than one's own. But if one is so confident of his own property in the first place, then why still need to run down others? By criticising others, it just goes to show that one already acknowledges that the others are better or faces an inferiority complex.

greywolf Guest

Anybody know what is happening to the large piece of land across hillington green with the new master plan ?

URA Guest

The land opposite Glendale Park is now on URA's reserve site (details release end of yr) for residential and 6000sq meter of "commercial" development. So finally some commercial developments envisaged in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by greywolf
    Anybody know what is happening to the large piece of land across hillington green with the new master plan ?

Unregistereddf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by URA
    The land opposite Glendale Park is now on URA's reserve site (details release end of yr) for residential and 6000sq meter of "commercial" development. So finally some commercial developments envisaged in the area.
    oh no. i prefer it to stay empty and green. it's so peaceful to jog there in the weekends.

hello charis Guest

Quote Originally Posted by charis0
    It's never healthy to criticise each other's property. Every condo has got its good points, otherwise no one will buy it in the first place ya?

The main thing is that everyone makes money, even if it's on paper right? Cheers!
    what a cop out.

hey babe, never see u around anymore?

how are they hanging?

Love greenery Guest

Me prefer it empty and green too! I bring my dog there for dog run. It's funny how pple at Hillview area are not exactly craving for big developments. But some commercial devts might bring more "life" to the area I guess....
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistereddf
    oh no. i prefer it to stay empty and green. it's so peaceful to jog there in the weekends.

Congrats! Guest

Peaceful area with lush greenery - a true oasis. The new downtown line has been announced - so Hillview will benefit from better transportation system. The station will be near Glendale Park and Salvation army, and within walking distance to some Hillview condos. Congrats to all those who benefit from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Love greenery
    Me prefer it empty and green too! I bring my dog there for dog run. It's funny how pple at Hillview area are not exactly craving for big developments. But some commercial devts might bring more "life" to the area I guess....

AgentKhoo Guest

True, all projects have their own attractions. Some may wonder why one wants to be so far from the city area. Whatever, as long as you are happy.

Unregistered1 Guest

Look at the map. D21 is not further than D15/D16 from the city It's just diagonally up in the north west along bukit timah road and nearer to Orchard. It's a misconception as there is no MRT. Also, near to nature, near great schools (not mediocre ones in the East) near good eateries along Bukit timah. Of course you can say red light districts like Geylang is nearer city, but there're people who do not like to stay in such crowded environment. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by AgentKhoo
    True, all projects have their own attractions. Some may wonder why one wants to be so far from the city area. Whatever, as long as you are happy.

Winner Guest

Wink

Well, if u wanna compare The Hillside & Hillingtin green, em... u can go viewg when the weather is heavy rain & u willl know why..........

Unregistered11 Guest

??? One of then leaks? But Hillington will get MRT in future. Hillside has monkeys? Hillington has more potential overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Winner
    Well, if u wanna compare The Hillside & Hillingtin green, em... u can go viewg when the weather is heavy rain & u willl know why..........

After 3 years since I posted on this topic, finally gotten a unit at HG

Congrats! Hope you enjoy your stay. As freehold and MRT nearby, downside will be minimal. It's a lovely area for self-stay.

After 3 years since I posted on this topic, finally gotten a unit at HG

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Congrats! Hope you enjoy your stay. As freehold and MRT nearby, downside will be minimal. It's a lovely area for self-stay.
    Has the peak hour traffic flow improved in that area?

I liked it when I was living around there, but early morning heading south to PIE was a nightmarish drive. And evening exiting PIE into Bkt Batok East Ave 3 was another nightmarish drive.

HG has huge masterbedrooms, if I remember correctly, can put grand piano plus king size bed...and a see thru glass panel into the bath?

Never had problem entry into PIE - u mean Jalan Anak Bukit or Dairy Farm right? Exit would be Upper Bukit Timah or Dairy Farm BKE - and also reasonably smooth - of course during peak hours that will be more traffic. Bukit Timah corridor generally smooth - I usually don't even go expressway. Never tried Bukit Batok Ave 3 during peak hours - that would be a farther route - no reason to exit or entry at Bukit Batok Ave 3 if you stay at Hillside or Hillington.

Quote Originally Posted by sfwoo
    Has the peak hour traffic flow improved in that area?

I liked it when I was living around there, but early morning heading south to PIE was a nightmarish drive. And evening exiting PIE into Bkt Batok East Ave 3 was another nightmarish drive.

HG has huge masterbedrooms, if I remember correctly, can put grand piano plus king size bed...and a see thru glass panel into the bath?

Never had problem entry into PIE - u mean Jalan Anak Bukit or Dairy Farm right? Exit would be Upper Bukit Timah or Dairy Farm BKE - and also reasonably smooth - of course during peak hours that will be more traffic. Bukit Timah corridor generally smooth - I usually don't even go expressway. Never tried Bukit Batok Ave 3 during peak hours - that would be a farther route - no reason to exit or entry at Bukit Batok Ave 3 if you stay at Hillside or Hillington.
    Working in Tuas...from Hillview, will head south to enter PIE by Bt Batok East Ave 3. And coming back from work, will exit PIE by same exit. Both ways, horrendously slow traffic flow during peak hrs.

So heading further west to Jurong huh? I work in the city, Never tried that direction. Maybe can try going by Upper Bukit Timah => Choa Chu Kang Road => Bt Batok Rd => Jurong Town Hall Rd? There should be numerous alternatives to Jurong I would think.

Quote Originally Posted by sfwoo
    Working in Tuas...from Hillview, will head south to enter PIE by Bt Batok East Ave 3. And coming back from work, will exit PIE by same exit. Both ways, horrendously slow traffic flow during peak hrs.

So heading further west to Jurong huh? I work in the city, Never tried that direction. Maybe can try going by Upper Bukit Timah => Choa Chu Kang Road => Bt Batok Rd => Jurong Town Hall Rd? There should be numerous alternatives to Jurong I would think.
    Tried...occasional bad jam on BT Batok Road from CCK to Jurong Town Hall Road! But this "hook" is usually a better bet at about 8plus am.

Now, I have moved...so I don't have to do this "hook" anymore!