Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beware of Malaysia properties

Default Beware of Malaysia properties

BETTER OR WORSE: Has the BN govt succeeded in fighting crime effectively?

Recent article - serious crimes seem to be increasing.

http://malaysia-chronicle.com/index....vely?&Itemid=2

Properties in Malaysia good leh - before you collect keys already got people staying in your house

there is another forumer open a thread about his 2 johor properties..
    the house still get ransack even though it is gated via 2 layers of security
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    4 layers. Perimeter barrier > Precint electronic barrier > main gate > main door

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    4 layers. Perimeter barrier > Precint electronic barrier > main gate > main door
    omg..
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

For crimes to happen even with this many layers of security could mean the guards are in cahoots with the robbers, or even worse, are the robbers themselves in their off time or when no one is looking.

In one expands this thought, other Malaysian properties with similar layered security will be similarly affected.

Quote Originally Posted by property_finder
    For crimes to happen even with this many layers of security could mean the guards are in cahoots with the robbers, or even worse, are the robbers themselves in their off time or when no one is looking.

In one expands this thought, other Malaysian properties with similar layered security will be similarly affected.
    My Malaysian friend says that you should buy there only if you are staying in the house. Else, really not too wise.

V. low / no rental demand as well.

U missed an impt barrier n man's best friend - dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni
    My Malaysian friend says that you should buy there only if you are staying in the house. Else, really not too wise.

Later got raped how?

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Later got raped how?
    without even knowing

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni

Ask Yowetan and whole family to buy landed in jb.. Think he can buy 2 there..

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    do u know which project in johor?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by House
    Properties in Malaysia good leh - before you collect keys already got people staying in your house
    LOL

Got previous cases whereby the security guard housebreak the condo/bungalow unit !

Such cases of rape/robbery also happen in Singapore. I thought I read in the papers recently that a condo guard raped a Japanese resident. Happened in Singapore.

http://news.xin.msn.com/en/singapore...fely-back-home

Anyway, just be very very careful when you are in there.. they have guns..

U missed an impt barrier n man's best friend - dogs.
    Dogs should be extra relevant in Johor given the high proportion of Muslims, in terms of anti theft mechanism. however, will not work on Chinese, Indian and other races burglars, which are plenty to go around too.

With the recent spate of kidnapping, burglary, atm machine snatching etc it is only additional negative publicity. Perhaps the media intended to sway upgraders and retirees away from greener (pun intended) pastures at neighbours. otw nobody gonna buy the avalanche of BTO coming up....

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
    With the recent spate of kidnapping, burglary, atm machine snatching etc it is only additional negative publicity. Perhaps the media intended to sway upgraders and retirees away from greener (pun intended) pastures at neighbours. otw nobody gonna buy the avalanche of BTO coming up....
    After exploring e prop mkt there, I can only conclude u either get robbed legally here (e.g. ABSD, high psf, useless air con ledge) or illegally snatch thieves there.

After exploring e prop mkt there, I can only conclude u either get robbed legally here (e.g. ABSD, high psf, useless air con ledge) or illegally snatch thieves there.
    I prefer to know what i will be robbed of (ABSD etc) than to be pointed with a gun.

Your security can be as many layers as a kweh lapis, you are still in danger because you need to travel out of your house eventually.

So many pp here r so concerned abt my safety

lol..........

Dogs should be extra relevant in Johor given the high proportion of Muslims, in terms of anti theft mechanism. however, will not work on Chinese, Indian and other races burglars, which are plenty to go around too.
    U r joking right? muslims wont rob a house becoz they scared to touch dog?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Dogs become delicious dog meat?
    Dogs useless one lah!

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Think he wrote wrong, "dog" should be "pig"?
    So to avoid getting rob by Indians, must rear a cow?
    Then how won't to get rob by Chinese, Bangla and Paki?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful

An old news:

Woodlands slasher faces three additional charges of attempted murder
    Posted: 29 October 2010 2106 hrs

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...090229/1/.html

SINGAPORE: A National Serviceman accused of slashing a woman to death in Woodlands last month, now faces three additional charges of attempted murder.

He allegedly slashed and injured three other women between January and May this year.

Soh Wee Kian looked dazed when the additional charges were read out to him in court on Friday.

In September, he was charged with the murder of 32-year-old clerk Hoe Hong Lin at a basketball court at Woodlands Drive 50.

He will be remanded for a psychiatric evaluation at the Changi Prison Complex Medical Centre and will be back in court on November 19. - CNA/fa

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    of coz it was half in jest. however, dogs are tainted to Muslims thus they will never keep them as pets but cats, as they cant touch them.

of coz it was half in jest. however, dogs are tainted to Muslims thus they will never keep them as pets but cats, as they cant touch them.
    No true lei. The Indonesian security guards have dogs at hotel entrance. They are Muslims.

Quote Originally Posted by mygeemeel
    No true lei. The Indonesian security guards have dogs at hotel entrance. They are Muslims.
    ah!! gee.. then I have been fooled bigtime for over twenty yrs eh?

pls read up more ba. r u local? I m quite surprised u dont know such.

http://guide.muslimsinbritain.org/guide9.html

but u do hv a pt on the indo guards wif dogs. perhaps they r indo but not Muslim, or relly hv to go thru thorough washing before each prayer they make. or perhaps if due to job or profession cant avoid is acceptable... no idea man.