Thread: Should slow down and control GLS now before it is too late...

Default Should slow down and control GLS now before it is too late...

What do you guys think? I think this is also a very effective cooling measure. Seems like if GLS don't stop now, we will be facing with different problem. Or ultimate end result could be worst.
    PC price down, Resale HDB down, and the over supply with flood of new HDB in 5 year time when this ppl start to sell, wa, can't imagine...with the recent announcement of hdb first timer & 2nd timer queue shortening, it's time to jam brake on supply because some ppl might also jam brake due to global uncertainty. This global uncertainty itself is already a good CM...

To have soft landing......my opinion is to slow down or stop GLS until the vacant units start to move again.

Dream a dream.

Economy is failing.

Gahmen will not arrest their own lucrative source of income. Need to boost up the reserves. As long got dev bid, show goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    What do you guys think? I think this is also a very effective cooling measure. Seems like if GLS don't stop now, we will be facing with different problem. Or ultimate end result could be worst.
    PC price down, Resale HDB down, and the over supply with flood of new HDB in 5 year time when this ppl start to sell, wa, can't imagine...with the recent announcement of hdb first timer & 2nd timer queue shortening, it's time to jam brake on supply because some ppl might also jam brake due to global uncertainty. This global uncertainty itself is already a good CM...

To have soft landing......my opinion is to slow down or stop GLS until the vacant units start to move again.
    Why stop? Govt said they want correction. I think 20-30% correction is due anyway.
    So let the game go on till it reaches that level.

Quote Originally Posted by rockinsg
    Why stop? Govt said they want correction. I think 20-30% correction is due anyway.
    So let the game go on till it reaches that level.
    wont happen....singaporean got plenty plenty money....price drop 5% all cheong to buy..how to drop 20%..

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    wont happen....singaporean got plenty plenty money....price drop 5% all cheong to buy..how to drop 20%..
    I very much agree!
    Ask anyone around you looking for buy a property.

If u ask them pay 10% above current valuation they will say NO WAY!

But if you tell them got units selling at 5% below valuation - all cheong!

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    I very much agree!
    Ask anyone around you looking for buy a property.

If u ask them pay 10% above current valuation they will say NO WAY!

But if you tell them got units selling at 5% below valuation - all cheong!

DKSG
    yup this time around plenty plenty people waiting for repeat of early 2009 WONT happen....

Tonnes of people like MR B, missed the boat, money eroded until u gone crazy already ...

Assume 5.5% inflation rate for 10y (2005-2015)

Your purchasing power will erode by 40% so 100k left with 60k purchasing power

It is enough for property market to stay flat till 2015, u still lose 40% if you hold cash ... is it not SCARY??
    Ride at your own risk !!!

yup this time around plenty plenty people waiting for repeat of early 2009 WONT happen....
    When everyone is waiting for something to happen it will not happen, coz when it drop only 5% all cheong liao...

Quote Originally Posted by CCR
    When everyone is waiting for something to happen it will not happen, coz when it drop only 5% all cheong liao...
    Yah, a good example is Minton. In early 2012, the developer gave 5% discount. It suddenly sold so many units and became top 10 in sales charts for 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by lajia

How you get "over supply with flood of new HDB in 5 year time". You think HDB build house don't need time just say we will build 25,000 unit and the 25,000 appear overnight. You need to add 3 to 4 years and we need to wait for 8 to 9 years to see the new unit on the market.

They start building after the erection in 7 May 2011 plus 8 to 9 years and we are talking in 7 May 2019 earliest.

Many many many agents also waiting for that 5% drop situation to boost sales transactions, they have to earn a living mah...