Thread: Smoking in Condos

Default Smoking in Condos

Most condos disallow smoking within the premises. Even if you argue that you smoke by the bbq pit, when if there is a bbq the smoke is worse.

What do you do with neighbours who smoke in their balconies and the second hand smoke drifts into your house? Or worse into your bedroom when you are sleeping... (smokers tend to stay up late into the hours when others are smoking)

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
    Most condos disallow smoking within the premises. Even if you argue that you smoke by the bbq pit, when if there is a bbq the smoke is worse.

What do you do with neighbours who smoke in their balconies and the second hand smoke drifts into your house? Or worse into your bedroom when you are sleeping... (smokers tend to stay up late into the hours when others are smoking)
    alamak... bro,... you just teach me another reason for me to dislike mm liow...

solution for you: buy a corner corner mm ??....

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    alamak... bro,... you just teach me another reason for me to dislike mm liow...

solution for you: buy a corner corner mm ??....
    Hey but swriously ikan bro, even in normal units also will face the problem wan. Like if they design the balconies to be next to or near each other. Or worse some still have the hdb habit of smoking in toilet (presumably easier to poo poo out). Actually any tight layout condo will face same issue ler.

i always find cigarette butts and ash on my balcony! i think they are fire hazards! what if they get caught on the curtain in my living room? these ppl are very inconsiderate! they know how to smoke but do not know how to use ashtrays!!!

Quote Originally Posted by absolutwild
    i always find cigarette butts and ash on my balcony! i think they are fire hazards! what if they get caught on the curtain in my living room? these ppl are very inconsiderate! they know how to smoke but do not know how to use ashtrays!!!
    They can always argue oh recently monsoon season lot of strong winds it blew the butts out from the ashtrays... nobody any the wiser to verify

Quote Originally Posted by absolutwild
    haha... me got 1 industrial unit with balcony and top floor, after top with all units vacant, i always got next door throwing cigarette butts onto my balcony, and keeping their own balcony clean... could not do anything,... and have to make sure myself come early to cleanup, during those diy renting out viewing...

Hey but swriously ikan bro, even in normal units also will face the problem wan. Like if they design the balconies to be next to or near each other. Or worse some still have the hdb habit of smoking in toilet (presumably easier to poo poo out). Actually any tight layout condo will face same issue ler.
    true,... but may be i got that idea of smokers are at younger age, and after they married with kids, will quit smoking bcoz of family health, $$-saving and more responsible...

anyway, smokie neighbor cannot be controlled/predicted one... purely 'luck' 1... condo already much better than hdb in smoking created problems... just make sure your next 3rd mm purchase will be a corner units, with 'L' or 2-sided windows+balconies...

true,... but may be i got that idea of smokers are at younger age, and after they married with kids, will quit smoking bcoz of family health, $$-saving and more responsible...

anyway, smokie neighbor cannot be controlled/predicted one... purely 'luck' 1... condo already much better than hdb in smoking created problems... just make sure your next 3rd mm purchase will be a corner units, with 'L' or 2-sided windows+balconies...
    My 3rd? But i already have way more than that... Did u mistake me for someone else.

My 3rd? But i already have way more than that... Did u mistake me for someone else.
    arh... very paiseh... very sorry arh!...

like that next mm go buy penthouse mm, with rooftop terrace, corner unit plus 'L' 2-sided windows... shiok!... and no cigarette smoke will reach you...

arh... very paiseh... very sorry arh!...

like that next mm go buy penthouse mm, with rooftop terrace, corner unit plus 'L' 2-sided windows... shiok!... and no cigarette smoke will reach you...
    讨厌... Dont tempt me leh

Cannot see a solution to your problem...... No difference betwen your neighbor cooking curry and the smell drifts into your apartment, a puppy that keeps barking no end throughout the night, or a baby crying next door.
    Nothing to do with MM really, even larger unit could have a side-by-side balcony or a balcony above and below yours. Since it is already so late, maybe, close the door and turn on the air-condition..........zzzzzzzz

Many yrs ago i had a similar experience with a neighbour staying directly above me smoking late in the night by his windows. His cig ashes would be collected on my sills.

Eventually, i dropped him a very polite note to share with him my concerns on fire hazards and health. He stopped doing it the very next day. Another way is to approach the fellow directly and share with him yr concerns. However, some guailan ones with nasty characters may not buy that ....

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro
    Many yrs ago i had a similar experience with a neighbour staying directly above me smoking late in the night by his windows. His cig ashes would be collected on my sills.

Eventually, i dropped him a very polite note to share with him my concerns on fire hazards and health. He stopped doing it the very next day. Another way is to approach the fellow directly and share with him yr concerns. However, some guailan ones with nasty characters may not buy that ....
    did he scratch your car? I kanna 2 scratches. luckily not round the car. heng ah

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    did he scratch your car? I kanna 2 scratches. luckily not round the car. heng ah
    Nope he didn't

私宅个个有规条
    烟烟相报何时了
    笑容问好别放掉
    规规矩矩错不了

Buy a unit with no balcony lor. That should stop the ciggy problem? No where for ppl to smoke and throw their buts.

Instead of completely banning smoking, can't these condos have designated smoking points, "yelloe boxes"?

Quote Originally Posted by vince.toh70
    Instead of completely banning smoking, can't these condos have designated smoking points, "yelloe boxes"?
    People who are automatic will go to spots like corner of the open air carpark or near rubbish dump side to smoke. Ensuring that the smoke will not drift howsoever to anyones unit. I have actually seen tenants going downstairs from their house to such spots just for a puff. And is PRC somemore. Salut!

My side also have angmoh heavy smokers.
    We close the windows and turn on aircon when it happens.
    Luckily, they seem to be heavy smoker only during weekends.

People who are automatic will go to spots like corner of the open air carpark or near rubbish dump side to smoke. Ensuring that the smoke will not drift howsoever to anyones unit. I have actually seen tenants going downstairs from their house to such spots just for a puff. And is PRC somemore. Salut!
    My condo prohibits smoking in the whole estate, including open space. Is this right?

People should be allowed to smoke in their own house, just like they should be allowed to cook curry in their own house. A bit of smoke won't die.