Thread: Ground Floor Condo Unit

Default Ground Floor Condo Unit

Does anyone out there staying in ground floor condo have any issues with roaches/smell from rubbish chute?

Quote Originally Posted by ccsee
    Does anyone out there staying in ground floor condo have any issues with roaches/smell from rubbish chute?
    i stayed in one for four years YES...got roach prob...YES...got dustbin smell...No privacy.....mosquitoes....BUT i STILL LOVE GND floor....

I am staying in robin road ground floor. No problem at all, actually I like it that way. You have a huge patio for gardening and my bicycles. I heard horror stories before like people throwing cigarettes and their sanitary pads. Lucky for me none Tio my unit.

Quote Originally Posted by ccsee
    Usually wont if is relatively new and is raised from the road level.

I wonder how does the rubbish disposal system work in condo? Don't tell me it's like in HDB - the cleaner opens the chute door and pulls out the din?

Quote Originally Posted by pinkpolkadot
    I wonder how does the rubbish disposal system work in condo? Don't tell me it's like in HDB - the cleaner opens the chute door and pulls out the din?
    LOL..... din or bin?
    Yup mine is like that.

Heh, yes.. condos work the same way as HDB... cleaners will pull out the bin and make a din while doing so.

thought there are some new condos using more sophisticated system. Something like you throw rubbish into the chute and it will be automatically sucked to a centralised areas for disposal

thought there are some new condos using more sophisticated system. Something like you throw rubbish into the chute and it will be automatically sucked to a centralised areas for disposal
    Ya la. U pay more for maintenance lor. ...

this one is a literally rubbish system (pun intended). because they use a series of valves and trapdoors, especially in a highrise, these doors tend to spoil really fast and it's damn difficult for the mcst to fix. not to mention mcsts to save money will not suck every day.

for e.g. the Sail, the first 8 floors always kena garbage smell. On really bad days, it can go up to 12 floors - super intense smells

Finally get to stay and experience ground floor patio living.
    The space, the convenient to the pool and gym, windy.....and more.

Was inspire by a relative patio unit a few years back, now I live my dream.
    What ia a good house?
    It is a good house as long as you love it

Let me share with you the bad thing about living in the first floor.

1. If the project is >20 storeys high, and you are staying in the 1st floor with a big patio. Good luck. You don't even dare to use the patio.
    2. Any sweet stuff left on the table for 10 minutes, you will see army of ants from outside garden or anywhere marching toward the table. Either your maid is very hardworking or the ants are faster than you.
    3. Kitchen Cabinet very prone to termite attack. If the termites launch attack from the nearby garden or soil, good luck.
    4. Whenever there is a notice about break-in, chances are, it is referring to the patio units. No matter how secure your main door, the balcony sliding doors are the weakness.
    5. Need to switch on aircon the whole night, else, you will attract unwanted guest.
    6. No privacy. Unless your patio unit is a few step above floor, else, all passer-by will see what you are doing.
    7. Unless your patio unit has a 5m ceiling, else, good luck to your utility bill.
    8. Very difficult to rent and sell unless your price is attractive.

Good luck.

If you encounter sewage choke, you can kiss goodbye to all your furniture and yr laminate floor.

Quote Originally Posted by bolster View Post
    If you encounter sewage choke, you can kiss goodbye to all your furniture and yr laminate floor.
    Bro, why you so strongly against ground floor unit?

I have always hesitated about ground floor as landed living have had to deal with so many kinds of pest already.

Once I started living on top floor, I never want to live lower, much less to mention ground floor.

Nonetheless, I think there are those who enjoy the typically higher ceiling, spacious feel?
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    Bro, why you so strongly against ground floor unit?

I have always hesitated about ground floor as landed living have had to deal with so many kinds of pest already.

Once I started living on top floor, I never want to live lower, much less to mention ground floor.

Nonetheless, I think there are those who enjoy the typically higher ceiling, spacious feel?
    I am one of those who think i will enjoy staying ground floor. I highly suspect it is because i hate waiting/taking lifts haha. In fact i even wanted to stay in the first floor hostel rooms back in school.

I guess the most important is to be happy in where you are, happy enough to overlook all the inconveniences that comes with it.

Quote Originally Posted by StormyNormy View Post
    I am one of those who think i will enjoy staying ground floor. I highly suspect it is because i hate waiting/taking lifts haha. In fact i even wanted to stay in the first floor hostel rooms back in school.

I guess the most important is to be happy in where you are, happy enough to overlook all the inconveniences that comes with it.
    Very true. If each likes different things, we end up not having to pay much more for what we want.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Personally, best ground floor unit.
    1. A few steps above ground level so that people who walk pass cannot see into the units.
    2. Beside the patio is either surrounded by the pond or swimming pool so that the intruder will think twice.
    3. Bedroom no sliding door.
    4. Toilet window not expose or accessible by others.

Government allow patio to cover 2m from the wall. Get approval from your management. After that, enclose it with sunshade (look at Floridian condo, similar to sliding door).

Personally, best ground floor unit.
    1. A few steps above ground level so that people who walk pass cannot see into the units.
    2. Beside the patio is either surrounded by the pond or swimming pool so that the intruder will think twice.
    3. Bedroom no sliding door.
    4. Toilet window not expose or accessible by others.

Government allow patio to cover 2m from the wall. Get approval from your management. After that, enclose it with sunshade (look at Floridian condo, similar to sliding door).
    Wa bro bolster you are the ground floor expert. I will make sure to follow your advise if i get one

Ha. Only here, we can speak our mind.

In front of buyer, everything opposite of what I say.

Really Meh..,......Bolster....

I pity you hv to 'lie' everyday. I smell a sour grape.
    What ia a good house?
    It is a good house as long as you love it

Not lie lah. All negative view has a positive action.

It is like making yourself looks good in front of the girl. Once she is your girlfriend, all the truth 'unearth'. Just adapt it or change.

Not lie lah. All negative view has a positive action.

It is like making yourself looks good in front of the girl. Once she is your girlfriend, all the truth 'unearth'. Just adapt it or change.
    I guess you are not a fan of Grd Floor thats why your analysis focuses on the bad. How about the benefits of staying on the Grd Floor anyone?

No need to take lift (no need scared breakdown touchwood), instant access to swimming pool and facilities is like maciam an extension to your home. Kids can run freely and make more friends? Not sure if im making sense but I'm sure there are fans of Grd Floor out there just like fans of Penthouses

I am high floor lover so I naturally avoid ground floor. But I am considering ground floor now for investment.

Is it easy to rent out? Lower rental than high floor? Interior wise, I'll of course make it look nice before renting so it's no issue.

Quote Originally Posted by icuppa View Post
    I am high floor lover so I naturally avoid ground floor. But I am considering ground floor now for investment.

Is it easy to rent out? Lower rental than high floor? Interior wise, I'll of course make it look nice before renting so it's no issue.
    I have two ground floor units rented out...... The Western like the ground floor unit carefree.,,,and I also have two young ladies renting my ground floor too, and facing the gate.... so wat is the problem..,,hahaha

The target audience is much smaller than typical units.

Frankly, the penthouse and the ground floor units are the most difficult to rent. If you have holding power and afford to let it vacant for a few month, then it is fine.

I used to stay low floor, occassionally encounter sewage choke. Cannot imagine those staying at ground floor.

The target audience is much smaller than typical units.

Frankly, the penthouse and the ground floor units are the most difficult to rent. If you have holding power and afford to let it vacant for a few month, then it is fine.

I used to stay low floor, occassionally encounter sewage choke. Cannot imagine those staying at ground floor.
    I speak from the owner point of view, no such problems....I rent out on getting keys at TOP, ......

As of another unit of mid floor wen rent out, I do get choke of the pipe, probably due to age or the construction of the building not good, .... Conclusion if it happens it will happen....

Brain died dog owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    Brain died dog owner.

I tink these dog owners are the minor..,as people are more educated now, they know of their responsibilities to clear it, ..... I don't see it at my Hdb estate although I see many dogs around, and I see one maid actually bring plastic bag to pick up wen the dog did it👍🏻

You are right. Catch red handed