Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: Today my tenant called me...

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    agent here should be able to help...haha..below 2.5k no nit com to agent right?
    based on my past 2 tenants profile both which i closed myself....i feel there is more of a personal touch when you rent out on your own...my first tenants 3 sia stewardesses...stayed for 3 years and still drop me an email once in a while and my current tenant a nice chap.....take care of my place...never bother me much and swee swee owe $$ pay $$...plus if its a DIRECT deal between landlord/tenant - NO COMMISION involved for both parties and thats a GOOD way to start off a tenancy agreement......OF course if unable to rent out on my own then all i need to do is walk into any crowded coffeeshop and SHOUT.....AGENT AGENT...Lai Lai....sure got 3 or 4 come RUNNING to YOU....

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    agent here should be able to help...haha..below 2.5k no nit com to agent right?
    Is this true? Below 2.5k no need agent comms?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
    never heard of that...from what i know agent 1 2 also they want

I heard for private pc but hdb not too sure...someone told me before...

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    What to do! SIM grad...$3k+ is considered very good alr.....
    But he has many many many years experience.

Definitely not true. No minimum cap for agents com. Speaking from personal experience here. Both hdb and condo. As tenant and as landlord.

What to do! SIM grad...$3k+ is considered very good alr.....

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    But he has many many many years experience.
    So Laguna is male or female?
    Most people get the impression that he is male.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    So Laguna is male or female?
    Most people get the impression that he is male.
    LOL, I can always date u out for a drink if your husband does not mind...

Should start a new thread: Is Laguna Male or Female?

I personally think he's an elderly gentleman.

LOL, I can always date u out for a drink if your husband does not mind...
    My husband would not mind if you are a straight female.

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    I dun give allowances for money saved will be of a better use in coming near future.
    you are using your parents' coffin money to chase a dream which is 50-50 of going boom or bust?

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    neither........sold condo at peak and got a feel of landed living....its nice BUT not that nice...

many many moons ago a lot of older relatives adviced me dont play shares..i never listened...got burnt many times over...people say save money manage your finances i neber listened...i want to enjoy life partying/driving fast cars...that kind of thing now looking back i guess they were right so i become OLD man now advice young man...young man show me finger.....and the world goes Round and ROUND
    haha, typical chinese mentality. loves a gamble.. me too lost a small fortune since young gambling from cards to soccer to shares. but i think it made me wiser lah.

No insurances for my parents and in-laws; will depend on government policies and help. I believe hospital(s) will accept patients and provide necessary treatment even if we have no money. It was reported in straitstimes too. Hence, I am not worry over this.

Kid(s) education I will send them to good primary school. I will not throw in money like the enrichment classes but essential fundamental classes. I will probably opt for the PAP schools to enjoy heavy subsidies from government/MOE.

As mentioned, if I found one suitable unit in Mt Sinai, I will rent out my HDB flat as well to get another 2k+ disposal rental income. In total, I will be left with 7+2+2 = 11k SGD.

With the possible montly expenditure of 6k (Max) - I am left with 5k. Minus away the possible Mt Sinai PC loan, I might left with 1-2k excess cash. I believe we can live with it.
    i will commit suicide if my kids do this to me.

Hi, I understand your good intent.

Having said that, we have analyze our situation and assess our ground multiple times. My wife and myself have concluded that we are pretty much stable for we are decent employees with below market rate salary which is no beneficial to a downsizing department in term of cost cutting.

There are many high income earners who should be worrying when/if the recession really comes.
    decent employees but with below market rate salary. oxymoronic.

strange world these days. low income earners not scared while high income earners quake in their boots.

Quote Originally Posted by danntbt
    ...to get an EC he would have to sell one of his 2 HDBs.

Basically its not a BASIC choice, but he is banking on high-stake gamble - going in at a historical peak without willing to dispose of what are in his hand.

His parents are at an age where he is lucky that they are still able to take care of his Home while he and his wife go out to work. (At this point I am unsure if his in-laws are staying with him?) What's more this parents willingly contribute the rental of their HDBs to his income since whenever. He is banking on them to continue status quo.

He is banking on the govt to take care of the parents in event that they fall sick, and willing to put all his savings to buy a 3rd property.

A FH condo with 3 bedroom in Mt Sinai(...he is banking that it will still be in the region of 1.2-1.5 million) ... and the conservancy....possibly about $400-500pm? ( He forgot to list down this additional cost and property tax)

When his children go to school with both parents working, other costs that may not be evident until one realized that good schools are good because majority of the students there are competitive, and competitive means money as majority resort to tuition to stay competitive. Is he banking on his children to be geniuses that are independent learners? And staying near Henry Park, which he is banking on, does not guarantee a place there either.

And when his parents grew old they may not be as strong and he may need to get a maid......hopefully he and his wife's income will grow proportionately during the growing-up years of both his kids and parents. Banking on a bank job that pays when times are good.........

Hope the Bank do not run when the crunch comes, but of course there are success stories from the past, I have a friend who was a teacher together with his wife, used to owned Ixora(this went en bloc, reaping $5m each for the owners a few yrs back) and City Towers at the same time on teachers' salaries...because they borrowed from relative to buy their first PC and moves up from there. There is also another friend, also, a teacher, owns a landed with pool, moving up from a Sengkang flat to Trevorse to another PC and the current Landed by timing his investment well, sacrificing certain convenience like car for a duration etc.
    unfortunately kids' expenses will also be going up as the years pass.

and indeed there are many success stories out there where gambles paid off. but there are many many more failure stories too. end of day, who suffers most? definitely not him but his dependants who have no backup plans nor rainy weather funds to fall back on.

Yowetan,
    Hope that your kids will treat you the same way you treated yr parents when you are old ! !

Very sad to bring up such a boy haiz..

Princess first and possibly only post in this year and is to reply to Mr Tan... Wow he sure is popular.

Quote Originally Posted by chanelprincess34
    Yowetan,
    Hope that your kids will treat you the same way you treated yr parents when you are old ! !

Very sad to bring up such a boy haiz..
    wah, join in 2009, 3 posts.
    interested in you. turn out your gender is male in your profile.
    lost interest already.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincegoh
    unfortunately kids' expenses will also be going up as the years pass.

and indeed there are many success stories out there where gambles paid off. but there are many many more failure stories too. end of day, who suffers most? definitely not him but his dependants who have no backup plans nor rainy weather funds to fall back on.
    ...he has insurance....his parents fully paid HDB....which is as good as his......and his 5 Rm Tiong Bahru HDB, with 400K plus loan, but possibly a market value of over 800K at least.... he is one lucky dude with 2 HDBs and aspiring to own a 3rd property - preferably at mt Sinai or Flamingo valley....if he put his parents name in the PC purchase, he should not have any problem securing a loan with the capital on hand in the form of the parents' fully paid HDB.....technically he has about $1M in his properties...and hoping to make his next million......

...so why are we not happy with the govt who has made all these possible? The fantastic public housing scheme that make their citizen rich.......but provided with parental help of course. So be nice to your parents.....

...he has insurance....his parents fully paid HDB....which is as good as his......and his 5 Rm Tiong Bahru HDB, with 400K plus loan, but possibly a market value of over 800K at least.... he is one lucky dude with 2 HDBs and aspiring to own a 3rd property - preferably at mt Sinai or Flamingo valley....if he put his parents name in the PC purchase, he should not have any problem securing a loan with the capital on hand in the form of the parents' fully paid HDB.....technically he has about $1M in his properties...and hoping to make his next million......
    his parents how to take 30 year loan, so old already? if 5 year loan, cannot service monthly repayment.
    hdb cannot be used as collateral, as richwang found out.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    his parents how to take 30 year loan, so old already? if 5 year loan, cannot service monthly repayment.
    hdb cannot be used as collateral, as richwang found out.
    ...loan based on YOWetan an wifey.....house can have more than 2 names right?

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Yes, you are right. Condos once rented out, owners transfer all right of use of the facilities to the tenants. Luckily there is no such person like you and your friends in my condos. Anyway, even if there are, the MCs will get the security guards to chase you out even if you are owners because you have no right to be using the facilities when you already tenanted out your units.
    Please share your condo name so I ask my business friends to buy the MMs there and invite their bangladesh workers to go there soak and picnic during sundays.

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    ya but landed got NO FT and thats the BEST thing EVER about landed...IMHO...
    Radha08,
    May I know where is your rented landed?
    I am also considering renting landed.
    Would the monthly rental be cheaper than an average condo with the same # of rooms?

...loan based on YOWetan an wifey.....house can have more than 2 names right?
    provided no existing loan with the names or else 60% loan.