Thread: D22 Landed property undervalued?

Default D22 Landed property undervalued?

Is D22 landed property undervalued?? What's your take on this?

Can produce some supportings as to y u think is undervalued?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    Can produce some supportings as to y u think is undervalued?
    I think he is talking the The Woods at westwood ave.

Yunnan garden landed selling 2.2mil (3200sqft) there about, look at Pavilion park, currently transact at 2.6mil (2898sqft). One near pioneer MRT and the other not near any but maybe u can say near LRT...
    Both are FH...and of course if you mentioned about The Woods, which new development is at or near this pricing per sqft comparing the builtin PSF? I'm interested to know as well...
    So, are this undervalued? I'm still looking around...

Is yunan garden brand new oso? For landed, to value it would be to split the land price and the built in price. Say for Pavillion Park, land is 1615sqft and built in 2898 sqft. For the land, use $1000psf x 1615 sqft = $1.615m. For the built in, use $300psf x 2898 sqft = $869k. So it shld be worth $2.5m. U do the same calculation for Yunan garden if it is brand new. If old, built in psf is considerably lesser.

This is just a gauge, provided land psf over at that area is $1000psf. U could check how much old hses in that area are selling their land for.

Is yunan garden brand new oso? For landed, to value it would be to split the land price and the built in price. Say for Pavillion Park, land is 1615sqft and built in 2898 sqft. For the land, use $1000psf x 1615 sqft = $1.615m. For the built in, use $300psf x 2898 sqft = $869k. So it shld be worth $2.5m. U do the same calculation for Yunan garden if it is brand new. If old, built in psf is considerably lesser.

This is just a gauge, provided land psf over at that area is $1000psf. U could check how much old hses in that area are selling their land for.
    have you ever though of buying your own land and build your own house? how much can be saved?

have you ever though of buying your own land and build your own house? how much can be saved?

Building ur own dream hse is always cool but the time, efforts and loan interest, have to shift hse twice in a year as well as the risk of cost overrun, being cheated by builder...i prefer to buy ready made and do customization work from there.

How much can be saved really depends on whether u get a good reliable builder, economies of scale in getting rare building materials, whether u bgt
    the land cheap in the first place and etc...

question is with all the happening coming on the way to Jurong Lake District, will these have lots of potential comparing to their peers in CCK, Clementi, Hillview etc. If this is going to be the 2nd CBD, then it should be considered things that surrounds this JLD and not how far you are from CBD or Orchard. Mindset need to be changed...just my opinion.
    So back to the question if you think D22 landed is undervalued? just for discussion sake...

Eh...how come so many CBDs? people oso said Paya Lebar Busines Hub is going to be 2nd CBD. Now Jurong oso?

Are there really going to be so many companies and offices to be set up in the near future amidst the current economic crisis?

In any case, IMHO, all landed in Singapore are undervalued at the moment regardless of location. There is still a lot of room to improve for landed prices, especially when u see Sentosa Cove 99 yrs can sell more than $2000 land psf and condos are selling more than $1000 built-in psf on average!

So did I answer your question?

Eh...how come so many CBDs? people oso said Paya Lebar Busines Hub is going to be 2nd CBD. Now Jurong oso?
    16 April 2012
    URA to launch the tender for the Reserve List site
    at Boon Lay Way (Jurong Gateway)
    The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) announced today that it has accepted an application from a developer to put up the residential site at Boon Lay Way (Jurong Gateway) for sale by public tender.
    The land parcel was made available for sale through the Reserve List system on 22 December 2011. URA received an application from a developer for the site to be put up for public tender. The developer committed to bid at a price of not less than $214,712,572 in the tender for the land parcel. As the minimum price committed by the developer is acceptable to the Government, the site will be released for sale by public tender.
    In accordance with the procedures of the Reserve List system, URA is making public the minimum price committed for the site. However, the identity of the applicant will not be released. URA will launch the public tender for the site in about two weeks. The launch date will be announced later. The tender period for the land parcel will be about four weeks.
    Details of the land parcel
    With a site area of about 1.2 ha, the residential site will have a maximum permissible gross floor area (GFA) of 48,670 sqm and can potentially yield about 590 housing units.
    The land parcel is located in Jurong Lake District,*which is envisioned to be Singapore’s largest regional hub outside the city centre, with a good mix of residential, office, retail, hotel, entertainment, food & beverage (F&B) and other complementary uses.
    Details of the land parcel and its location plan are provided in *Annex 1 and Annex 2. More details on the land parcel are available on the URA website at http://www.ura.gov.sg/sales/BoonLayJ...-intro(T).html

the JLD developments (the new CBD) is at Jurong East while e.g. Yunnan Garden is at Jurong West (Pioneer MRT). Just wondering how much spillover effect will there be? cos Jurong East and Jurong West, though both in Jurong, are quite far apart. Anyone here can advise? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jesico
    the JLD developments (the new CBD) is at Jurong East while e.g. Yunnan Garden is at Jurong West (Pioneer MRT). Just wondering how much spillover effect will there be? cos Jurong East and Jurong West, though both in Jurong, are quite far apart. Anyone here can advise? thanks
    Maybe in 10 years time......

2nd CCR = Jurong East
    2nd RCR = Jurong West, CCK, Bukit Batok
    2nd OCR = the rest of Singapore (excluding 1st CCR and 1st RCR)

it is quite far apart...

jurong west will benefit is the tuas area get converted ..
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    it is quite far apart...

jurong west will benefit is the tuas area get converted ..
    how come far?? Jurong East and West separated by a canel...from Jurong pt to JE mrt only 3 short stations about 5min drive and if you say from Boon Lay MRT to Chinese Garden MRT (where the JLD spread across to JE interchange area), it is less than 5 min and another less than 5 min to JE interchange....like that far??

Pls dun be too optimistic tat Jurong or Paya Lebar or Changi or watever will become 2nd CBD.

At most it becomes like a Tampines only

Then again, landed is scarce and no matter what location, it is undervalued.

Pls dun be too optimistic tat Jurong or Paya Lebar or Changi or watever will become 2nd CBD.

At most it becomes like a Tampines only

Then again, landed is scarce and no matter what location, it is undervalued.

not sure if you are aware of the transformation in Jurong. Maybe it is good for you to drive along and see what is going to happen there and how diff it will become compared to Tampines (which merely house a few banks, shopping malls and??). you might invest in JLD eventually....

no offence, just my opinion. It will not be "at most like Tampines only"...

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    not sure if you are aware of the transformation in Jurong. Maybe it is good for you to drive along and see what is going to happen there and how diff it will become compared to Tampines (which merely house a few banks, shopping malls and??). you might invest in JLD eventually....

no offence, just my opinion. It will not be "at most like Tampines only"...

Seriously, I do not know and nobody knows. The last time I was at Jurong East was a month ago. Nothing much has changed compared to few years ago leh. the mall has improved and a new foodcourt has been added to the MRT station. The meaning of CBD means it has to be centrally located, not at one extreme end of the island. If not, all the commuters will jam up heading west to work in the mornings.

Like tat hor, wouldnt Changi be a better location given the airport is there which conveniences business travellers.

Seriously, I do not know and nobody knows. The last time I was at Jurong East was a month ago. Nothing much has changed compared to few years ago leh. the mall has improved and a new foodcourt has been added to the MRT station. The meaning of CBD means it has to be centrally located, not at one extreme end of the island. If not, all the commuters will jam up heading west to work in the mornings.

Like tat hor, wouldnt Changi be a better location given the airport is there which conveniences business travellers.
    I go to Jurong for work a few times a week and I agree with you that not much has changed except for the condos coming up there and the Canadian School.

But I am so excited and can't wait for it to be the largest regional hub outside the city centre.
    Huat ah!

Lol, then all the GCB, Sentosa Cove, Orchard Rd owners start to sell their properties and move to Jurong. Really huat for the folks who have invested there man!

my dream is to own a large plot of land at pulau ubin (got FH there?) to build a palace.. can get freehold there?

then buy a nice yacht to commute between punggol/keppel/changi and pulau ubin.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincegoh
    my dream is to own a large plot of land at pulau ubin (got FH there?) to build a palace.. can get freehold there?

then buy a nice yacht to commute between punggol/keppel/changi and pulau ubin.
    Pulau Ubin got potential to become the 2nd Sentosa Cove once Sentosa Cove gets too congested! Then govt will build a bridge across to link to the main island

For your reading....

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/prope...on-a-gold-mine

" Nonetheless, landed properties still command very high capital appreciation in the long term because of the high demand.

“Owning landed property is also a matter of national pride as it is only available to Singaporeans and permanent residents (PRs),” added Chunduri.

In general, landed home transactions fell across the majority of Singapore’s districts from 2007 to 2011. According to the number of caveats lodged, with data taken from the URA (Urban Redevelopment Authority), the largest drop in transactions was seen in prime districts 10 and 11 at 63 and 62 percent respectively.

An exception to the decline was recorded in districts 22 (including Boon Lay, Lakeside, Jurong) and 28 (Seletar and Yio Chu Kang), which saw increases at 85 and eight percent respectively. "

Truly undervalued.....which the recent report also pointed out.

Terraced homes in the west - favoured for its lower absolute prices - have risen 97 per cent in the past three years while those in the east and north-east were up 89 per cent, Mr Png said.

'Demand for terraced homes has increased along with rising mass affluence of local buyers, who upgrade their homes for larger living spaces... and to capitalise on the current low favourable interest rates,' said Mr Png.

And also, comparing to the rest of OCR, it has the least landed developments.

District 22
    LAKESIDE GROVE Corporation Walk, 1 other street
    THE WOODS Westwood Avenue
    WESTVILLE Westwood Avenue, 4 other streets
    WESTWOOD PARK Jurong West Avenue 5, 4 other streets
    YUNNAN GARDENS Yunnan Drive 1, 10 other streets

Villa Verde?

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    Villa Verde?
    U mean that one in CCK, D23? Diff location...If this dev can sell 1.6mil for normal 1615 sqft type, the D22 should command higher price in my opinion...