Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Unpredictable outcome of shoebox apartments

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    Thanks hiroaki san. Its nice of you...

Do u qualify btw?

I am not qualified that's why I kept quiet quiet most of the time...

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroaki27
    I am not qualified that's why I kept quiet quiet most of the time...
    Aiya what a pity... Eyeing any shoebox projects recently? Or any regular?

I am in the market for a 500-700sqft property for investment. any recommendation?

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper
    I am in the market for a 500-700sqft property for investment. any recommendation?
    How soon u need it
    Whats ur budget ceiling
    Capital gain potential or rental yield or both
    1br or? >500 sf is not shoebox for 1br

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper
    The Scotts Tower / Scotts Square

Default Bought Ness @ Geylang!!

Quote Originally Posted by House
    yupz. cos that is all they can afford. (below 1m)
    Hey, I ve been following this thread - but a bit too lately as I already purchased a shoebox unit 570sqft for $1274 psf Hoping to reap profits after 4 yrs (speculating things go as it seems). Me too was thinking of the demand rise from the buyers who would be looking for smaller space since no large family will be staying (either retired couples or young couples who intend to go sans marriage/child for sometime).

Ahhh u all think I screwed up? or got potential!!! The developers selling showing prospects of payalebar hub!!! (Sighhhhh)

Quote Originally Posted by jo@sg
    Hey, I ve been following this thread - but a bit too lately as I already purchased a shoebox unit 570sqft for $1274 psf Hoping to reap profits after 4 yrs (speculating things go as it seems). Me too was thinking of the demand rise from the buyers who would be looking for smaller space since no large family will be staying (either retired couples or young couples who intend to go sans marriage/child for sometime).

Ahhh u all think I screwed up? or got potential!!! The developers selling showing prospects of payalebar hub!!! (Sighhhhh)
    How high in psf do you reckon it can go for that location in 4 yrs?

How high in psf do you reckon it can go for that location in 4 yrs?
    Good question to an amateur first-time investor am looking at 1600-1800 psf?

Another thing I missed out in the above post is that this 570sqft 'shoebox' is a 2bed/1bath unit.

Ness is in even numbers where all the happenings take place rite? FH is still alrite.

If for rental investment then should just buy MM at around 4xxsq ft cos your rental will not be different by alot.

For own stay will be a No No for me.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    Ness is in even numbers where all the happenings take place rite? FH is still alrite.

If for rental investment then should just buy MM at around 4xxsq ft cos your rental will not be different by alot.

For own stay will be a No No for me.
    (Sigh) So you think, it is still a good buy for resale in 3-4 years?

no worries lah, can just rent out and collect rental. If gov decides to revamp geylang you ho say liao!!

In anyway, the prices can go either way. No point regretting and move on. Your initial outlay is not that high to begin. I also wish your target price will come true which bodes well for many other areas as well!

Another thing I missed out in the above post is that this 570sqft 'shoebox' is a 2bed/1bath unit.
    Ok..... (cant think of anything else to say)

MM must play on quantum theory. For example a 2rm 5XX sqft Eon@Shenton is not really a MM because of its sheer quantum size of 1.2mil average, nevermind the rooms are MM, but its price is not MMish. To have the MM advantage in capital appreciation effect, you need to compare with an upstream property. For example pple still hoot alexis, MM FH recently sold at >=700k [initial price 420k] is justified because ONR 1rm LH condo already close to 1mil based on current price. An alexis MM can potential fetch 2.8k r even 3k where a normal 1rm ONR can fetch as much as 3.5k.

Similarly a 470k vibes@upp serangoon MM will have very good potential for cap. appreciation with the same logic

Having said that, that does not mean a 2rm MM will not have capital appreciation but might be slightly more challenging because your competition will be those condos in the 850-900k [assuming ur target sale price] range or more

I think you need to throw away the old school theory of applying psf gain in shoebox unit imo because most buyers will be looking at the quantum size. You cannot compare psf of a MM condo in the same area of non-MM condo simply becoz prices of MM condos are "misconstrued" in the first place unless you find a gem where the psf of a MM beside another Non-MM development have the same psf, provided both are same tenure and location

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    I think you need to throw away the old school theory of applying psf gain in shoebox unit imo because most buyers will be looking at the quantum size. You cannot compare psf of a MM condo in the same area of non-MM condo simply becoz prices of MM condos are "misconstrued" in the first place unless you find a gem where the psf of a MM beside another Non-MM development have the same psf, provided both are same tenure and location
    Totally Agree :-)

Ok..... (cant think of anything else to say)
    Mate, nothing else to say means am I expecting too much of a profit from this investment ??? Ur thoughts on this investment (570sqft - 2bed unit Ness@Geylang)?????

Quote Originally Posted by desfrie
    In anyway, the prices can go either way. No point regretting and move on. Your initial outlay is not that high to begin. I also wish your target price will come true which bodes well for many other areas as well!
    Thanks for your thoughts mate! :-)

Jo, every project has its potential, you can never know what's going to happen in 2-3 yrs' time. Just look forward to your investment and enjoy the excitement

Mate, nothing else to say means am I expecting too much of a profit from this investment ??? Ur thoughts on this investment (570sqft - 2bed unit Ness@Geylang)?????
    I really cant predict the future. But there is no govt plans to clean up Geylang as yet, so based on current situation, i cant comment further. And NESS is not that near to paya lebar hub development as well to enjoy the effect. So its a bit of a

I would suggest avoiding counting the chickens before they are hatched. You cant sell it during the 4yrs SSD anyway... So might as well wait it out.

Since sis evergreen say i have potential at poetry, i leave with one here..

Life throws us many a chance
    Embrace it like your partner in dance
    One can never completely be sure
    Just be happy and look to the future

seriously how much do you expect to subsale it 4 yrs down the road?

IMHO, no offense intended. MMs in geylang need to hold at least 10-15 yrs.

Not forgetting ;

1) there is still quite a lot of big size units around.
    2) take this realtime example http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...le-skt-mansion
    which condo in geylang can beat this? size + price + 3mins to MRT
    3) the sports hub is too far for lorong 30s, your nearest is the paya comm hub but still - lots of condos are coming up at paya lebar area. Your rival condos are those near city plaza area, haig road. And if your rental is no good....so will your resale value.

Since sis evergreen say i have potential at poetry, i leave with one here..

really good leh

Quote Originally Posted by evergreen
    really good leh
    Thanks! I will practise more when got chance in other threads kekekeke

Thanks! I will practise more when got chance in other threads kekekeke
    Later you will become poetryguru.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanarazu
    Later you will become poetryguru.
    What to do... U already cheenapun guru......

Plenty things we never know
    One day we may see it snow
    But before us stands the now
    Grab it, don't keep asking how

~Like~ ppty investors should be punching numbers yet we have quite a few "shi ren" here.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    ~Like~ ppty investors should be punching numbers yet we have quite a few "shi ren" here.
    尸人? 市人? 湿人?

EASTWOOD REGENCY EASTWOOD ROAD Apartment 1 740,000 517 Strata 1,432psf Apr-12

D16 freehold ... very far from MRT ..Fragrance MM still can

EASTWOOD REGENCY EASTWOOD ROAD Apartment 1 590,000 506 Strata 1,166 Jul-10

profit > 100k in barely 2y
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    EASTWOOD REGENCY EASTWOOD ROAD Apartment 1 740,000 517 Strata 1,432psf Apr-12

D16 freehold ... very far from MRT/amenities ..Fragrance MM still can

EASTWOOD REGENCY EASTWOOD ROAD Apartment 1 590,000 506 Strata 1,166 Jul-10

profit > 100k in barely 2y
    Have u join MM club yet? Club MooMoo not MoMo nor 妹妹 妈妈 慢慢来. 秘密 默默