Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: New Cooling Measures

My conclusion... Singaporeans like to live around familar surroundings...

Hence there are hugh demand now for mass market condo near HDB Catchment areas... Prices have gone up so much that even though better located condos like Dakota, Dleedon, balmoral all around same psf but still the demand in mass market still better...

Or singaporeans just assume that condos at these places command much higher prices so dont bother to look

Quote Originally Posted by CCR
    My conclusion... Singaporeans like to live around familar surroundings...

Hence there are hugh demand now for mass market condo near HDB Catchment areas... Prices have gone up so much that even though better located condos like Dakota, Dleedon, balmoral all around same psf but still the demand in mass market still better...

Or singaporeans just assume that condos at these places command much higher prices so dont bother to look

you could be right there. its a kampong spirit kind of thingy.

Some S'poreans actually really think certain areas too ex, hence conveniently write them off their search lists

SH highest psf in April 1893psf Is this the highest in RCR so far?
    Seahill highest psf is 1,573psf
    WT highest psf is 1,556psf
    RIVIERA 38 also managed to sell 15 units at median of 1162psf
    Last edited by phantom_opera; 15-05-12 at 18:46.
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    D19 fast becoming the next D15

KOVAN RESIDENCES KOVAN ROAD Condominium 1 1,250,000 883 Strata 1,416psf May-12
    KOVAN RESIDENCES KOVAN ROAD Condominium 1 1,280,000 883 Strata 1,450psf May-12

Wow... Same psf as a 2 bedder in Bliss@kovan.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    HDB no facilities, plus live among foreign workers (many 3rm HDB flats rented to big group of foreign workers all squeeze within 1 unit!) and the lowest rung group of people in Singapore? Not sure you ever visited those HDB flats where whole blocks consist of 3rm HDB flats, then you will understand how bad these places and environment are!
    agree with your comments. I have a chance to know those rental flats are mostly old man and foreign workers. With no work and illness and loneliness, some of the older folks choose to jump down from their blocks. I hear that one month you could hear 2 cases in a precint. Its all not reported. But I think it will be very depressing to stay in those flats.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    8@W got no amenities like KR. Plus it hasn't TOP. Once TOP then see how the market respond to this project...
    8@W has a good pool of investors in this project. From hearsay. The buying and selling will sure push up the valuation. The location isnt bad thou... so many pockets of land, buyer and seller are willing to close deal provided not greedy. perhaps dp knows this.

Do you think the current record breaking prices are substainable as older projects are doing catching up now.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    agree with your comments. I have a chance to know those rental flats are mostly old man and foreign workers. With no work and illness and loneliness, some of the older folks choose to jump down from their blocks. I hear that one month you could hear 2 cases in a precint. Its all not reported. But I think it will be very depressing to stay in those flats.
    Dog eye see people low.... Sigh. You guys must have grown up in nice GCB or posh swanky multimillion condo...

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    Dog eye see people low.... Sigh. You guys must have grown up in nice GCB or posh swanky multimillion condo...
    huh? I say Rental flat....tats the reality, no money, sick, lonely and old...you can just imagine.

duplicate post

SH highest psf in April 1893psf Is this the highest in RCR so far?
    Seahill highest psf is 1,573psf
    WT highest psf is 1,556psf
    RIVIERA 38 also managed to sell 15 units at median of 1162psf
    ho say liao!! haha.. SH owner very happy and the rest of the owners will be very very happy

you can get less than half the price 1.5 years ago in RCR.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    huh? I say Rental flat....tats the reality, no money, sick, lonely and old...you can just imagine.
    Yes rental flat is like that. Sorry, I take back the dog eye comment I made. But I said rent 3rm HDB!!! Dunno how come become rental flat?!

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    Yes rental flat is like that. But I said rent 3rm HDB!!! Dunno how come become rental flat?!
    rental 3room hdb also have all kinds of characters and people usually buy and sell after few years for whatsoever reasons, difficult to have a neighbour for long.

singaporean family will buy direct from hdb and not thru resale with obvious reasons.

rental flat is worst of the worst. I think.

Quote Originally Posted by stl67
    Yah, this is what I told my wife. I will certainly go earlier so she better treasure me NOW. Further more, I eat quite unhealthily but compensate by exercising.
    At least you still compensate by exercising. For me, I eat unhearlthily and also no exercise.

I always think that for a couple, the person who goes first are more fortunate, as the other half that left behind will "suffer from memory". 思念是最难受的.

HDB no facilities, plus live among foreign workers (many 3rm HDB flats rented to big group of foreign workers all squeeze within 1 unit!) and the lowest rung group of people in Singapore? Not sure you ever visited those HDB flats where whole blocks consist of 3rm HDB flats, then you will understand how bad these places and environment are!
    Actually not really, I think it depends on which areas. My mother-in-law stays in a 3rm HDB flats >40 yrs. There is a coffee shop at the ground floor. Btw, her surroundings are blocks of 3rm HDB flats. That area looks ok to me, not that complicated.

R u implying tt e ruling party has neglected e HDB heart-landers despite all e upgrades, particularly e lower income who stay in 3 bedroom? Want to lim kopi?

The HDB dwellers worst nightmare:

1. Funeral rituals at void deck, sometimes as long as 5 days, on music for the dead till midnight and then turn on again as early as 7+am

2. People talking loudly at car park or common facilities past midnight

3. Urine in the lift

4. Rubbish left by young punks in void deck

1. Funeral rituals at void deck, sometimes as long as 5 days, on music for the dead till midnight and then turn on again as early as 7+am

Actually most people quite automatic, at about 10pm they finish the prayers, and rarely do they start early in the morning. Frankly I don't mind these "farewell parties". After all, it's the final farewell.

Yup

3. Urine in the lift
    Yup

Yup

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    Actually not really, I think it depends on which areas. My mother-in-law stays in a 3rm HDB flats >40 yrs. There is a coffee shop at the ground floor. Btw, her surroundings are blocks of 3rm HDB flats. That area looks ok to me, not that complicated.
    Yup... agreed... my HDB flat has coffeeshop, barber, clinic, SingaporePools, provision shops, bookshop, not forgetting a huge child care centre at my void deck, etc. Too spoilt liao... then my PC only got a quiet coffeeshop and a provision shop nearby, oh yes plus a tyre shop which is like huh!!! Nothing else!

The HDB dwellers worst nightmare:

3. Urine in the lift

Once I found vomit in the HDB lift and it was the start of a long weekend so no cleaners came. Fortunately, some nice residents took the liberty to clean the lift by pouring water into the lift. You forgot few other points.

5. People help you little your house by throwing flyers and pamphlets into your unit. Even when you are sitting in the living room with door open, they just walk pass and throw the rubbish in...

6. Your cars in the MSCP will have flyers stuck onto your windscreen like once a wk or twice a wk. Then if you throw the flyers onto the floor, you are considered to have littered the area. What I did was to loosen the flyers but still leave them on the windscreen then drive off and the flyers will fall off. Like that I'll feel better!

7. You have people loitering and even glue sniffing in the corridors or lift lobby. Then when you call the town council to come and investigate, they come the next day and say can't find the culprits... In condo, you can get your security guards who can come within 15 minutes and chances of catching the culprits are much much higher...
    Last edited by ysyap; 16-05-12 at 08:04.

Some years back I recall reading the HDB was trying to secure the void deck area by grilling it up and access is by card. I am not sure what happen to the project but I thought this was a good attempt to give a sense of security to the residents.

Quote Originally Posted by insigina
    Some years back I recall reading the HDB was trying to secure the void deck area by grilling it up and access is by card. I am not sure what happen to the project but I thought this was a good attempt to give a sense of security to the residents.
    Where preventive controls like these were less feasible due to cost etc I think detective control like CCTV had been implemented for some estates at staircases, lift lobbies and mail box areas.

Remembered pet causing issue in pc too , cat urinating dog poo poo u name it

Looks like a HDB bashing thread...

Some people like everything very clinical. Some people prefer a more colourful life in the heartlands with the local things u guys precisely despise - maybe the lonely old man sitting in the void deck, the getai during the 7th month, the old lady collecting cardboards, the ah long runner making phone calls using the public phone, the Chinese funeral rituals every now and then, or the noisy kopitiam showing soccer matches with occasional shouts of "GOAL!". In fact, there are people who get upset when their home becomes overly "genteel" - like what's happening to Tiong Bahru when the ang moh starts to move in and "hip cafeterias" start to replace the provision shops and kopitiams. To each his own. Let's not bash up those who love their HDB heartlands and their idiosyncracies. It's the only place we can see some snippets of the real Singapore.

Well said Mr Bird... Most will agree to preserve the Uniquely Singapore but all will have Not In My Backyard attitude. Its like kids oh so cute to play with but as long as its not my own to be responsible for....

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon

Some people like everything very clinical. Some people prefer a more colourful life in the heartlands with the local things u guys precisely despise - maybe the lonely old man sitting in the void deck, the getai during the 7th month, the old lady collecting cardboards, the ah long runner making phone calls using the public phone, the Chinese funeral rituals every now and then, or the noisy kopitiam showing soccer matches with occasional shouts of "GOAL!". In fact, there are people who get upset when their home becomes overly "genteel" - like what's happening to Tiong Bahru when the ang moh starts to move in and "hip cafeterias" start to replace the provision shops and kopitiams. To each his own. Let's not bash up those who love their HDB heartlands and their idiosyncracies. It's the only place we can see some snippets of the real Singapore.
    Like.

HDB has its own charm (which I sometimes miss)... to each his/her own

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon

This forum being CondoSIngapore certainly attract people living in Condo or people aspire to live in. As such, it is not surprising to hear bashing of HDB living. Hopefully, as our quality of lives improve over the years, we shall not forget where we all came from at some point of our lives.

Remember, not too long ago, there was only wooden huts and handful of HDB flats in Queenstown, Toa Payoh and MacPherson Estate in this city state during the 60s' and early 70s'. There was no new towns such as Ang Mo Kio, Pasir Ris or Tampines. Nor was there any condos the very fortunate few who now live in.

We are all part of this progress story and HDB living will continue to be our way of lives at least for 80% of our friends here. At least I would not bash the people who gave me what I have now.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Leeds
    This forum being CondoSIngapore certainly attract people living in Condo or people aspire to live in. As such, it is not surprising to hear bashing of HDB living. Hopefully, as our quality of lives improve over the years, we shall not forget where we all came from at some point of our lives.

Remember, not too long ago, there was only wooden huts and handful of HDB flats in Queenstown, Toa Payoh and MacPherson Estate in this city state during the 60s' and early 70s'. There was no new towns such as Ang Mo Kio, Pasir Ris or Tampines. Nor was there any condos the very fortunate few who now live in.

We are all part of this progress story and HDB living will continue to be our way of lives at least for 80% of our friends here. At least I would not bash the people who gave me what I have now.
    Excellent words from Wild Falcon and Leeds to remind us that even if some might have bypassed HDB living in their lives, the broad success of SG (and thus all of us) must be attributable directly or indirectly to the success of the HDB.

HDB certainly have more of a kampong feel than PC. HDB dweller tends to know their neighbor better and it is also very common for HDB folks to give food and gifts to their neighbors during festive seasons. And also they are more tolerant towards others behavior.

In PC, most are so uptight, fake, pretentious and unfriendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    In PC, most are so uptight, fake, pretentious and unfriendly.
    dude u r not qualified to make such statement