Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari, taxi and motorcycle crash kills 2

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    I don't know if I m imaging things but I feel that most drivers now tend not to speed off at traffic light junction. It is like everyone is waiting for someone to go first.
    Kia su become Kia si

I don't know if I m imaging things but I feel that most drivers now tend not to speed off at traffic light junction. It is like everyone is waiting for someone to go first.
    Drivers practising Road Courtesy or they waiting for others to 去先.

I no needt o imagine things. I know I'm more hesitant when I'm driving off from traffic light and more so when I'm turning right. I will move off slowly to ensure there's no on coming ferrari or the likes...

hahaha...

all humji liao..

I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

You all dont like that la. Human nature react that way after the horrible accident. For me i dont drive, so when crossing the road i make sure i cross when red man is on just like the jaywalker who narrowly escaped...

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    You all dont like that la. Human nature react that way after the horrible accident. For me i dont drive, so when crossing the road i make sure i cross when red man is on just like the jaywalker who narrowly escaped...
    LOL.......
    Usually if do illegal thing then will be more guarded.

Actually, it is also not very safe to use zebra crossing. Once I was at the zebra crossing preparing to cross the road, just about to step out on the road, a lorry suddenly drove pass me at a high speed and it was a turning corner. I quickly stepped back, if not I won't be in this forum already. After this experience, I always make sure that the road is cleared before I proceed to use the zebra crossing.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    I no needt o imagine things. I know I'm more hesitant when I'm driving off from traffic light and more so when I'm turning right. I will move off slowly to ensure there's no on coming ferrari or the likes...
    When it is time to go, it is time to go. I still rem one driver got killed along Yio Chu Kang road when a tree fell on his car last year.

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    Actually, it is also not very safe to use zebra crossing. Once I was at the zebra crossing preparing to cross the road, just about to step out on the road, a lorry suddenly drove pass me at a high speed and it was a turning corner. I quickly stepped back, if not I won't be in this forum already. After this experience, I always make sure that the road is cleared before I proceed to use the zebra crossing.
    Even at zebra x, always make sure approaching vehicles stop before crossing.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    When it is time to go, it is time to go. I still rem one driver got killed along Yio Chu Kang road when a tree fell on his car last year.
    Yes yes... when its time to report, its time to report but you don't have to aid in that process by being careless... Lol... furthermore, I'm more concerned for the passengers in the car on my left, both front and back seats!

seems it doesnt has any effect on pedestrians...

I still see many walk blindly on green man.

All taxis should have front and side airbags... I think it could have made a difference.

Can't believe this. Same type of accident, same place, same day, almost same time. Very uncanny...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8F0wPmbUW8&sns=em

'Ferrari crash site' sees another accident
    Posted: 26 May 2012 1427 hrs

SINGAPORE: A traffic accident involving two cars and a taxi occurred at the junction of Rochor Road and Victoria Street early Saturday morning.

That is the exact location where a Ferrari sports car crashed into a taxi and a motorcycle two weeks ago, killing three persons and injuring two others.

This time, the taxi driver was fortunate as the Lexus collided into the back of his vehicle.

Police said they were alerted to the Saturday incident at 3.15 am.

A video recording showed a Lexus beating the red light at the junction and crashing into the rear of the taxi and another car at 3.15am.

The taxi passenger was sent to the Singapore General Hospital and treated as an outpatient.

The Singaporean driver of the Lexus has been arrested for suspected drink-driving and dangerous driving.

The 30-year-old man was found to have 42 microgrammes of alcohol per 100 millilitres of breath.

This exceeds the prescribed legal limit of 35 microgrammes of alcohol per 100 millilitres of breath taken.

Police investigations are still ongoing.

If convicted of drink-driving, he will be disqualified from driving for at least a year.

First-time offenders can be fined between $1,000 and $5,000, or jailed up to six months. Repeat offenders face a fine of up to $30,000 and a maximum three years in jail.

They may also be given six strokes of the cane if the accident results in death or serious injury.

- CNA/wk/ac/de
    http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1203715/1/.html

mmmm.........junction now "dirty" liao, luckily driver not ah tiong.

must be extra "vigilant and careful" when driving past that junction.

was discussing with friends...
    someone wondered whether during road widening works, was any overhead traffic lights removed and not subsequently reinstated? seems like most traffic junctions have those overhead traffic lights. can this be another factor, if true?

that place is juz pure bad fengshui, beside is the land which no local developers dare to invest and throw to malaysia for the land exchange

There should be speed bumps at this junction.
    So scary!
    This time the faster car was unscathed.
    Imagine if the car had been side by side with taxi......

think i will not drive along that road once evening comes!

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Can't believe this. Same type of accident, same place, same day, almost same time. Very uncanny...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8F0wPmbUW8&sns=em
    Proven drunk driver this time. Go figure for the previous Ferrari case...
    Is there a prominent watering hole or ktv further up the road??

Do a road diversion and close this junction altogether lah... so prone to accidents.

Do many giant humps at that junction, cars no choice but to slow down.

Roster sexy babes a la F1 Grid Girls style 24/7... Then traffic sure slow down to a crawl and ultra safe.

Default Poem of the Day

Life passes by in a hurry
    No time to savor the curry
    Just beware of that Ferrari
    Don't be turned into potpurri

taxi company can afford to engage lawyer to sue for damages.
    If private car.....owner suay liao cos can only claim himself.

Quote Originally Posted by lifeline
    was discussing with friends...
    someone wondered whether during road widening works, was any overhead traffic lights removed and not subsequently reinstated? seems like most traffic junctions have those overhead traffic lights. can this be another factor, if true?

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...204106/1/.html

LTA to change traffic light timings at Ferrari crash junction
    By Evelyn Lam/Tan Qiuyi | Posted: 28 May 2012 2138 hrs

SINGAPORE: The Land Transport Authority (LTA) said it would synchronise the timings of the traffic lights at an area where two accidents happened within a span of just two weeks.

The traffic signals at the junction of Rochor Road and Victoria Street and the pedestrian crossing linking Bugis Junction and Bugis Village will now turn green at about the same time.

LTA said it was implementing the change, based on suggestions from the public, describing it as an "added precautionary measure".

The junction of Rochor Road and Victoria Street was the scene of two accidents that saw three dead and three injured.

The first accident on May 12 involved a speeding Ferrari, while the second one on May 26 involved a Lexus. Both cars crashed into taxis.

Both accidents happened in the wee hours on a Saturday and involved cars travelling in the same direction.

Some suggested that the straight road and the close proximity between the sets of traffic lights at two different stretches - they are about 100m apart - encouraged reckless drivers to speed in the wee hours, to try and pass the consecutive sets of lights before they turn red.

Those Channel NewsAsia spoke with, however, said it may be a problem with the positioning of the traffic lights at the intersection, which may be confusing to drivers.

Along Victoria Street, the junctions just before and after the intersection with Rochor Road have overhead traffic lights. Only the intersection where the accidents took place does not overhead traffic lights.

"Many drivers think the traffic light is still far away, and don't realise there's actually an intersection there," said taxi driver Albert Ho.

Dr Lee Der-Horng, associate professor of civil engineering at the National University of Singapore, said the timing of the traffic signals might have been a factor in the accidents.

"One possibility is that at the pedestrian crossing, maybe, the driver tried to beat the yellow signal. So after he travelled the 50, 60 metres, when he reached the major intersection, the traffic signal already turned to red," he said. "So it becomes a case where he beat the red light; therefore, the accident happened."

Dr Lee said that besides the traffic signal timings, overhead traffic lights would give drivers a better view of the signal.

"This intersection is actually satisfactory, from the safety's point of view, from the sight distance," he said.

"The only thing that could possibly improve the safety for this particular intersection is, we can probably add one more cantilever type of traffic signal, or the overhead type of traffic signal at the major intersection."

However, the Land Transport Authority said its planning engineers found no issues with the existing traffic scheme at the location.

"Our traffic planning engineers have driven through the junction of Victoria Street and Rochor Road during the day and in the middle of the night, to film the line of sight from a driver's perspective," LTA said.

"The traffic planning engineers have conducted a careful evaluation of the traffic signal configuration, and assessed that there are no issues with the existing traffic scheme at that location."

LTA said the traffic lights at the junction are distinct and can be clearly seen by the driver, whichever lane they are driving on.

The Singapore Road Safety Council has said it will consider the need to tighten specific road safety measures, after police investigations into the two accidents are completed.

- CNA/wm

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Do many giant humps at that junction, cars no choice but to slow down.
    those at immigration checkpoint one good

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    those at immigration checkpoint one good
    after that, that area will be traffic jam..

a few bad eggs does not mean the traffic system is a problem leh...

Quote Originally Posted by august
    a few bad eggs does not mean the traffic system is a problem leh...
    Totally agreed!!
    This is totally the faulty of the driver of the Ferrari & the Lexus.. nothing wrong with the traffic light system