Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: How to stop the shoebox craze?

Default How to stop the shoebox craze?

There has been plenty of discussion here about the crazy shoebox property and majority here seem to suggest that government should introduce cooling measures to contain the shoebox craze.

Question is, should we? or should we not?

what exactly can we do to contain shoebox prices without affecting the already depressing resale market for larger apartments?

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    There has been plenty of discussion here about the crazy shoebox property and majority here seem to suggest that government should introduce cooling measures to contain the shoebox craze.

what exactly can we do to contain shoebox prices without affecting the already depressing resale market for larger apartments?
    The resale market for larger apartments is that that depressing lah... bringing prices down will definitely bring the buyers back to look at larger apartments.

CM to contain shoebox units will not be required if larger units are cheaper...

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    The resale market for larger apartments is that that depressing lah... bringing prices down will definitely bring the buyers back to look at larger apartments.

CM to contain shoebox units will not be required if larger units are cheaper...
    it is either larger apartment price come down or wait for MM price to chiong higher.

MM will always exist due to Quantum Theory.

Who would stay in a shoebox if could stay in a larger flat apartment nearby for the same cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanarazu
    MM will always exist due to Quantum Theory.
    Wow Quantum Physics sia cheem SUpER LIkE

Quite a bit like Singapore - to other nations we succeed in mind-blowing ways even though people think we are too small to survive. I think MM is the future of rental apartments, from the way I see how some of our foreign talents can squeeze so many people in very small spaces.

There is even the Govt initiative to persuade them that they need to go for good living environment.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_797277.html

These kind of threads are the exact reason why prices continue to chiong upwards.

FAILURE TO UNDERSTAND QUANTUM THEORY.

That small units should look at quantum and not psf. Psf is for comparing like for like normal or large units except penthouse and patio types.

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    Wow Quantum Physics sia cheem SUpER LIkE
    I quite like MM leh. Walk a few steps you reach all corners of the house and easy to maintain.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni
    Quite a bit like Singapore - to other nations we succeed in mind-blowing ways even though people think we are too small to survive. I think MM is the future of rental apartments, from the way I see how some of our foreign talents can squeeze so many people in very small spaces.

There is even the Govt initiative to persuade them that they need to go for good living environment.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_797277.html

My goodness... Are they trying to "educate" the foreign talents? As if they prefer dirty toilets than clean ones....

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    I quite like MM leh. Walk a few steps you reach all corners of the house and easy to maintain.

that's why the MMs are suitable for working singles or couple... No need spend too much time to maintain....

In that case that's the way to go for Singapore.... with smaller family units or even just single households...

I love the part where i just sitting on the sofa, when sky turns dark, i just need to stretch out my arm to the wall switch turn on the light...

me is opposite..
    prefer bigger space house..
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Allow me to share my tots on Quantum Play Justification Model Effect:

QPJME theory: rcr MM [downstream] <- CCR MM [ur target] -> CCR studio [upstream], ocr MM <- Alexis [ur target] -> CCR MM

Test question 1: Based on the above Quantum theory, what is the equation for Parc Rosewood MM; and based on the current market, is it consider under or over value [5Marks]

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    me is opposite..
    prefer bigger space house..

I also wish... but no budget ler....

not only to get the space, but also $$ to get someone to maintain the space....

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    Allow me to share my tots on Quantum Play Justification Model Effect:

QPJME theory: rcr MM [downstream] <- CCR MM [ur target] -> CCR studio [upstream], ocr MM <- Alexis [ur target] -> CCR MM

Test question 1: Based on the above Quantum theory, what is the equation for Parc Rosewood MM; and based on the current market, is it consider under or over value [5Marks]
    Skip!!!! Next!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroaki27

older HDB 4/5 rm flat is big..

you won't get that kind of size with new HDB flat already
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

My goodness... Are they trying to "educate" the foreign talents? As if they prefer dirty toilets than clean ones....
    The government is trying to catch errant dormitories operators. Rem if there is an outbreak, it will spread very fast in the densely populated dorms and to the public.

max LTV of 50% for unit size less than 500 sqft ~

the rest use HDB size as benchmark, e.g. hdb (2 bedroom) is 65 sqm, if private 2-bedroom unit size goes below this benchmark, than max 50% LTV, and so on.

this will ensure private developments do not go below the "standard of living" that is set by public housing.

Get a wife. Its free of charge.

Who would stay in a shoebox if could stay in a larger flat apartment nearby for the same cost?
    this is not quite possible, unless you are refering HDB vs PC MM.
    I dont understand why should the government try to stop the MM craze?

not just a wife, a rich wife

btw nowadays wife demands to have maid rather than doing house chores

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33

Simple Slap a size tax on it! anything build i OCR that is shoe box will have a Additional TAX! like ABSD call ASBSD! Added Shoe Box Stamp Duty. its a multiple on the size. the smaller the higher the multiplier. deter the building of such small units!

Quote Originally Posted by Akira Fudou
    this is not quite possible, unless you are refering HDB vs PC MM.
    I dont understand why should the government try to stop the MM craze?
    Its just to appease the loud mouths brainless attributing overall prce rise to MM high psf.... THAT is all there is. As they see govt respond a bit... They start to attack hdb growing smaller too....

Getting a wife now is like getting a master not a maid. You become the maid

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    Simple Slap a size tax on it! anything build i OCR that is shoe box will have a Additional TAX! like ABSD call ASBSD! Added Shoe Box Stamp Duty. its a multiple on the size. the smaller the higher the multiplier. deter the building of such small units!
    Sure. CBD. As Mr Lim SS said...

howwww assuming if it accurate.. so manyyy MMss... mmmmmmmmmm

AGREE

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax

howwww assuming if it accurate.. so manyyy MMss... mmmmmmmmmm
    Buy one top mm and quickly rent out first, not only u joined them. U beat them to it...

Get a FT wife. FT for foreign talent, not Full Time.