Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How to stop the shoebox craze?

As long as prices maintain or cheong, smaller units will get increase interest.
    The only problem i can see is couple choose to stay in MM at their ideal locatiion at the expense of having a child.

Smaller units also benefited Developers, so its a win win formula to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    Get a FT wife. FT for foreign talent, not Full Time.

FT = good income
    FT = maid at home

or both?

I love the part where i just sitting on the sofa, when sky turns dark, i just need to stretch out my arm to the wall switch turn on the light...
    Hahaha... Very funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Akira Fudou
    The only problem i can see is couple choose to stay in MM at their ideal locatiion at the expense of having a child.

the couple could buy a bigger place next time after having babies.

they could either sell or rent out MM....

very good plan.... it is always good to get married young...

I love the part where i just sitting on the sofa, when sky turns dark, i just need to stretch out my arm to the wall switch turn on the light...
    That's the other 關燈 theory about MM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanarazu

not true ler

nowadays we have remote for TV, Hifi, aircon, lightings.... it works everywhere, not just in MMs!

Get a FT wife. FT for foreign talent, not Full Time.
    you are hilarious!! haha burst out laughing at this 1

Quote Originally Posted by Akira Fudou

My neighbour opp stay in < 400sf MM couple with a kid and now the wife expecting.... Move in not even one year only....

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni
    Hahaha... Very funny.
    If my remote run out of batt, i simply stretch out my leg and press the tv controls directly....

Quote Originally Posted by price
    you are hilarious!! haha burst out laughing at this 1
    If we stay in MM 2gayther guarantee u life full of laughter....

Quote Originally Posted by august
    max LTV of 50% for unit size less than 500 sqft ~

the rest use HDB size as benchmark, e.g. hdb (2 bedroom) is 65 sqm, if private 2-bedroom unit size goes below this benchmark, than max 50% LTV, and so on.

this will ensure private developments do not go below the "standard of living" that is set by public housing.
    developer build 501sqft loh

1. MM is the side effect of LTV = 40%, instead of getting a 2br, investors can only afford MM or 1br now

2. MM is ideal as a temp home for small family (assume not qualified for HDB) while saving money for bigger home or waiting for price to correct after cashing out ..

3. MM is fun, I can collect MMs in various projects, one has Marina Bay View, one has Reservoir View, one has D15 seaview, one has park view so when I retire ... take turn to enjoy great views

Isn't it fun other than the higher rental yield?
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kanarazu
    Omgomgong .... I had to read this 3x to catch the joke!!!

really good one bro salute

Was wondering why u use 关 when i obviously said 开

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    Simple Slap a size tax on it! anything build i OCR that is shoe box will have a Additional TAX! like ABSD call ASBSD! Added Shoe Box Stamp Duty. its a multiple on the size. the smaller the higher the multiplier. deter the building of such small units!
    I think it is easier to control at the source.

perhaps URA can lay down the condition for the site plot ratio. if developer's plan exceed a certain threshold no. for MM apartment, plot ratio we be reduced, so psf cost for developer will rise.
    Last edited by Ringo33; 10-05-12 at 22:49.

Buy one top mm and quickly rent out first, not only u joined them. U beat them to it...

I think a safer bet is to get something that has some x-factor. be it location, view, services etc.

My neighbour opp stay in < 400sf MM couple with a kid and now the wife expecting.... Move in not even one year only....
    maybe MM actually help procreation because apartment too small nothing to do. so couple end up spending more time making love and sleep

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    I think it is easier to control at the source.

perhaps URA can lay down the condition for the site plot ratio. if developer's plan exceed a certain threshold no. for MM apartment, plot ratio we be reduced for psf cost for developer will rise.
    Last year Nov already had the max dwelling units rule imposed but only for GPR 1.4 residential units (divide total psf by 70 sqm) but I guess that measure is limited.

Just side step a little bit.

If MND do clamp down on MM unit say next month, how will that affect the price of existing MM properties.

maybe MM actually help procreation because apartment too small nothing to do. so couple end up spending more time making love and sleep
    I do think so too! Esp most MM projects have limited facilities... Additional benefit: when bb cry middle of the night, only few steps can reach the crib. Bb no need cry too long until sore thoat.... bb will not crawl out of window...most MM have large balconies or ac ledge!

I think a safer bet is to get something that has some x-factor. be it location, view, services etc.
    actually MM dun really need alot of x-factor as long as well located but if u want super safe can factor in the x-factor, for example those fragrance, macly, oxley.. development MMs the rental yield all super high. One of them is suites @ owen [FYI, it was one of the TOP 3 record holder if I remember correctly in terms of rental $psf/mth]. If you refer to http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/proje...en-1255/sale/1, rental yield so high for first owner, they cant even be bothered to sell the MM 1 bedder

x factor? U mean like aleXis?

Just side step a little bit.

If MND do clamp down on MM unit say next month, how will that affect the price of existing MM properties.
    MM = rare in the very future. Those FH/999 ones will be good. Many MM units these days are is mass market projects like parc rosewood, ripple bay, 8 riversuites etc.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

But it is true that the MM high $psf is distorting the market isn't it? Because of that, we have all the cooling measures, when in fact the CMs should just need to apply on MM units.
    Because of the absolutely cheap quantum, all the govt's CMs are just useless and any new rules that apply universally to all type of properties will be useless. Even if they lower LTV to 30% also useless on MMs because what is $280k cash anyway on a $400k MM?

Its just to appease the loud mouths brainless attributing overall prce rise to MM high psf.... THAT is all there is. As they see govt respond a bit... They start to attack hdb growing smaller too....

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    But it is true that the MM high $psf is distorting the market isn't it? Because of that, we have all the cooling measures, when in fact the CMs should just need to apply on MM units.
    Because of the absolutely cheap quantum, all the govt's CMs are just useless and any new rules that apply universally to all type of properties will be useless. Even if they lower LTV to 30% also useless on MMs because what is $280k cash anyway on a $400k MM?
    Good point u raised... The paw of a cute teddybear no matter how big will still be smaller than the bear itself....

The root of the problem is HDB owners are buying MMs for the purpose of low-quantum investment without the intention of staying in them. To solve this root problem, disallow HDB owners from holding onto their flats after they buy private property. The investment MMs will disappear as the upgraders will truly have to stay in what they buy.

All the CM measures so far have only succeeded in distorting the market.

Of course the HDB owners will cry father cry mother at this suggestion, remember HDB is public housing meant for people who cannot offer private housing.

If you can't accept the above, stop complaining about the proliferation of MMs....
    Personally I like MMs. Like phantom, I collect MMs...

If you cant beat them, join them

The graph just tells you when the developers launch their MMs en mass, because the buying should coincide with launches.

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    The root of the problem is HDB owners are buying MMs for the purpose of low-quantum investment without the intention of staying in them. To solve this root problem, disallow HDB owners from holding onto their flats after they buy private property. The investment MMs will disappear as the upgraders will truly have to stay in what they buy.

All the CM measures so far have only succeeded in distorting the market.

Of course the HDB owners will cry father cry mother at this suggestion, remember HDB is public housing meant for people who cannot offer private housing.

If you can't accept the above, stop complaining about the proliferation of MMs....
    Personally I like MMs. Like phantom, I collect MMs...
    Do we have statistic to show how many TOPed MM are rented out and how many are for own stay?

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    The graph just tells you when the developers launch their MMs en mass, because the buying should coincide with launches.
    12/03 surge should be due to watertown??