Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: V on Shenton

the 1700+ at 1.7+ mil must be snatched up during vvvvip previews.
    By my estimate, > 60+ % sold already.

Quote Originally Posted by Learner
    and those are >1000 sqft units... so if prices quoted in propertyguru are accurate then prices have moved up about 200psf since aug

True. But most people cannot get those... Prob staff buys.
    Anyway, more important is what is the price going to be at your exit more than 4 years later and not in-between.

and those are >1000 sqft units... so if prices quoted in propertyguru are accurate then prices have moved up about 200psf since aug
    Quite simple, after the VVIP:
    - New MRT line announce
    - QE3

== Prices chiong again

i once heard when sales reach 60+% the developer is more confident and will not negotiate much. any truth in this?

and yes, qe3 is a booster but against gloomy economy backdrop, maybe they balance each other out.

and the new mrt is just beside it, but rightly mentioned it will be operational only in 2019. but with existing mrts around, i think still ok.

anyone check out the showflat? how is the quality?

i once heard when sales reach 60+% the developer is more confident and will not negotiate much. any truth in this?

and yes, qe3 is a booster but against gloomy economy backdrop, maybe they balance each other out.

and the new mrt is just beside it, but rightly mentioned it will be operational only in 2019. but with existing mrts around, i think still ok.

anyone check out the showflat? how is the quality?
    general rule of thumb but it really depends on the state of economy at that point of time and which developer you are dealing with.

thanks, dtrax and lifeline, for your advice. will check out the showflat if time permits

Thanks. wow prices are low in Aug... must be prelaunch...

they price it low as u will notice these are all low floor units without much in terms of view as they are blocked by buildings on opposite side of road or the office tower block.

Quote Originally Posted by august
    they price it low as u will notice these are all low floor units without much in terms of view as they are blocked by buildings on opposite side of road or the office tower block.

August - you have a good point there. i read the building is about 54 storeys. Must really study which floor and facing have good views, if any

Quote Originally Posted by august

Actually in this development, against usual norm, they started by releasing the middle to high floors first. The lowest levels 9 to 12 have not been released yet.
    I feel quality of fittings is just standard, maybe like sky habitat thereabouts. Take note of big squared pillared walls in the plan along with bay windows and balconies. The bay windows are interestingly of different heights in the studio under which the external air compressor sits on the outside.

Quote Originally Posted by lifeline
    Actually in this development, against usual norm, they started by releasing the middle to high floors first. The lowest levels 9 to 12 have not been released yet.
    I feel quality of fittings is just standard, maybe like sky habitat thereabouts. Take note of big squared pillared walls in the plan along with bay windows and balconies. The bay windows are interestingly of different heights in the studio under which the external air compressor sits on the outside.
    notice also some units have thicker than usual walls?
    i like the 3 bedder but the master bedroom wall has this thick section suddenly jutting out which means cannot place the bed at that side.

interesting thanks for pointing out those walls and pillars.

i looked at the street map, potential buildings blocking are dbs towers, sgx towers and sia towers. then there is the tall capital tower. the other facing still empty but i am sure there will be buildings there in future.

hmm.... looks like only the high floors will have good views... then again not sure if they are taller than those tall buildings around.

with the latest cm, it will be interesting to see if developer will lower price

with the latest cm, it will be interesting to see if developer will lower price

was in vicinity sat pm, of released units, >90% sold; of total dev, >> 50% sold.
    lots of recent indonesian purchases, with 10% absd! no price reduction. hearsay that actual shenton mrt, part of tsl, is just below 1 side of building; but that's 10 years away? downtown mrt may be next year. singapore conference hall may be left alone. rechecked the fittings - studio toilet is good; 3br is very nice with big marble pieces, 2.9mil up!!! you seem interested, better come see for yourself for reference first.

was in vicinity sat pm, of released units, >90% sold; of total dev, >> 50% sold.
    lots of recent indonesian purchases, with 10% absd! no price reduction. hearsay that actual shenton mrt, part of tsl, is just below 1 side of building; but that's 10 years away? downtown mrt may be next year. singapore conference hall may be left alone. rechecked the fittings - studio toilet is good; 3br is very nice with big marble pieces, 2.9mil up!!! you seem interested, better come see for yourself for reference first.

hi lifeline, i quite like the place... the accessibility and the surrounding development should add value to the place. saw the panaromic view preso and it seems above 40+ floors will have good city view. i am still skeptical about the seaview. i think very likely the view will be blocked once the govt sells the land behind it. There is a stack looking over the conference hall direction. that view should be good and could be better once the port relocates. are you also considering v shenton?

and the very high floors not released yet. seems like you need to throw in a cheque to trigger the release and then subject to developer to release.

kpo only cos relative got in yesterday...

kpo only cos relative got in yesterday...

hehe.... i am still considering. the price is quite steep. also to see if cm has any effect over the next couple of weeks.

hehe.... i am still considering. the price is quite steep. also to see if cm has any effect over the next couple of weeks.
    Got 2 other options. You can wait for the new tanjong pagar MRT development or consider the 2rms Skysuites@ anson

another option: buy altez subsale

using studio as guide :
    altez ~1950 to 2067psf asking
    skysuites ~2500+psf <400sf
    clift ~2200+psf
    glucoland ~?

big piece of researched info here. work out the implications yourself...
    those who are still investing will know what to do
    can treat me kopi when this info proves useful.

p/s not inducement to buy; just sharing only
    Last edited by lifeline; 08-10-12 at 01:58.

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    Got 2 other options. You can wait for the new tanjong pagar MRT development or consider the 2rms Skysuites@ anson

One more option, the upcoming Marina One.

another option: buy altez subsale

using studio as guide :
    altez ~1950 to 2067psf asking
    skysuites ~2500+psf <400sf
    clift ~2200+psf
    glucoland ~?

big piece of researched info here. work out the implications yourself...
    those who are still investing will know what to do
    can treat me kopi when this info proves useful.

p/s not inducement to buy; just sharing only

Thanks those are good comparison too

You can even consider South Beach Residences if they firesale 2k+ psf... right beside F1 track:

http://www.southbeachresidencessinga...#!gallery/cihc

You can even consider South Beach Residences if they firesale 2k+ psf... right beside F1 track:

Has it launched? can't find any pricing in property guru.

One Shenton many lost 3xxk if bought in 2007

2012-09-11 #09-XX 1,098sqft 1,685psf 2007-02-12
    1,920psf -258,030 2,038 -2.3

hmm ... why would anybody buy V on Shenton in this case
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    One Shenton many lost 3xxk if bought in 2007

2012-09-11 #09-XX 1,098sqft 1,685psf 2007-02-12
    1,920psf -258,030 2,038 -2.3

hmm ... why would anybody buy V on Shenton in this case
    Why so cheap? a loft unit?
    Or one shenton not so good?
    Clift is still flying.

yes, why is one shenton so cheap? please enlighten. thanks.

Anyone knows how is this project doing lately? From URA website prices seem to be hovering around 2k but it does not show the latest transactions. thanks.

Anyone knows how is this project doing lately? From URA website prices seem to be hovering around 2k but it does not show the latest transactions. thanks.
    told by agent 2 weeks ago of road show in hk about now... did not bother to ask for new updates. have you decided what you are going for? since day 1 of latest cooling measure, my friends have bought 4 units.

my friend just told me he called up last week... minimum size 1000sf above 30 storeys with indicative from 4k psf = 4mil minimum! How to get firesale at 2k psf

told by agent 2 weeks ago of road show in hk about now... did not bother to ask for new updates. have you decided what you are going for? since day 1 of latest cooling measure, my friends have bought 4 units.
    4 units at v shenton? i have yet to decide. while i like the place the price is very high