Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Brooks collection @ Springside

How about those 4 bedroom dual key units? You can rent out the studio part and stay in the 3 bedroom part with your family.

The best option are the EC 4 bedroom dual key units. You can rent out the studio part as if renting a room like that, no restriction.

e.g.1
    http://www.twinwaterfalls.com/downlo...floor-plan.pdf
    type DK2

e.g.2
    http://www.onecanberra.sg/4bedroomdualkey.html

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    How about those 4 bedroom dual key units? You can rent out the studio part and stay in the 3 bedroom part with your family.

The best option are the EC 4 bedroom dual key units. You can rent out the studio part as if renting a room like that, no restriction.

e.g.1
    http://www.twinwaterfalls.com/downlo...floor-plan.pdf
    type DK2

e.g.2
    http://www.onecanberra.sg/4bedroomdualkey.html

I find dual key units space is actually "wasted" to cater for another kitchen allocation.

My opinion here.
    You need not go for freehold as there will always be a gap between FH and LH99. If u think that the price of FH will go up in 10 yrs time, then the LH99 will also go up in proportion. I assume that u are going for new projects. Try The Woods. Nice environment.

In this case u need not loan so much

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    My opinion here.
    You need not go for freehold as there will always be a gap between FH and LH99. If u think that the price of FH will go up in 10 yrs time, then the LH99 will also go up in proportion. I assume that u are going for new projects. Try The Woods. Nice environment.

In this case u need not loan so much
    The difference is not justifiable.

yowetan i can understand how u feel...what you are experiencing is "Buyers syndrome"...this is a very rare syndrome that affects approximately 2 out of 99999999 buyers of property in singapore...the 2 person affected are you and ME..

fh/99/landed/condo/ec/sembawang/siglap/penthouse...everything also WE want to buy...in the END never buy COS we DONT need a house desperately....

i am trying to find a solution to this syndrome...so in the meantime please continue with your game plan i will continue with mine....

oh by the way as OF yesterday evening i wanted to buy a LH 99 penthouse at simei green condo..had visions of coming back to my lovely koi pond in the patio way above the hustle/bustle of city life...but after the viewing the unit which is facing AFTERNOON sun...i figured that when i come back after work every day my koi pond would be a pond of FISH SOUP......thats HOW HOT the blady patio and unit are....

so today MY GPS is ON and i still searching for signal....so far NO signal what kind of property i should buy today...fh/99/landed/pc/ec

So remember YOU ARE NOT ALONE....

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    The difference is not justifiable.
    Not sure which area u are talking about...
    For eg. A inter terrace Westwood park cost say 1.5mil and for almost similar size terrace at Yunnan garden FH would be 2.5mil. Both are in D23. So isn't the gap very wide?? In 10 yrs time, if a Yunnan garden unit cost 3.5mil for eg, then likely the LH 99 Westwood park unit would likely be around 2.5mil...this is what I mean.

This is why I thanked hopeful for his/her insight.

I am still sourcing for a place for my growing members, consolidating all family members under a roof, maximising and controlling the expenditure flow.
    Oh..desire for multi-generational living under a landed roof. So this one becomes an emotional purchase rather than a logical purchase. In that case, just planned your finances and ensure installment is covered. But I think it's better you keep one of your HDB just in case you cannot tahan the installment and need to rent out the landed and move back to the HDB.

Then..just CHIONG ah! Since even if prices fall after you purchase, you will at least be staying there for a good 10yrs?

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Oh..desire for multi-generational living under a landed roof. So this one becomes an emotional purchase rather than a logical purchase. In that case, just planned your finances and ensure installment is covered. But I think it's better you keep one of your HDB just in case you cannot tahan the installment and need to rent out the landed and move back to the HDB.

Then..just CHIONG ah! Since even if prices fall after you purchase, you will at least be staying there for a good 10yrs?
    I am already 35, and I am intending to see myself through with this house if it ever goes through.

It is not just multi-generation but with 2 families; My parents and my in-laws (4 members) with my wife's brother (Single), my wife, 2 infant kids and myself would be using all 5 rooms.

This is why I am also strategically intending to loan 35-40 years since I wouldn't know what would become of me then? By then, the price could be inflated to 10 mil and above?

I am already 35, and I am intending to see myself through with this house if it ever goes through.

It is not just multi-generation but with 2 families; My parents and my in-laws (4 members) with my wife's brother (Single), my wife, 2 infant kids and myself would be using all 5 rooms.

This is why
    I am also strategically intending to loan 35-40 years since I wouldn't know what would become of me then? By then, the price could be inflated to 10 mil and above?
    so many ppl then very obvious landed is the only choice and the bigger the better. And since u buy to stay and stay until die, bro, mai tu liao. Just do it! Price drop or increase in short term doesn't affect u.

This is why I am also strategically intending to loan 35-40 years since I wouldn't know what would become of me then? By then, the price could be inflated to 10 mil and above?
    Wow.... you are so filial !
    What about your bro in law..... will he be contributing?

If you don't want to struggle with the loan, then consider jumbo HDB flat.

if you're buying a home, then I guess even if prices rise or fall, it should not concern u. Since u will not sell anyhow.

It is apparent that our leaders plan to keep the property market active to generate activity for our economy.

Front page article about property short supply and about increasing foreigner immigration into Singapore (25,000/year). These are indicators of what is to come.

Things like that are published under instruction of the gov

If I were in your position, I too would look toward a private property.

But, I feel Springside and Brooks collection although nice are too overpriced as you are paying for a new house with new design.

Why not look at a resale landed house say 20 years old with some minor reno.

Price will be a lot cheaper and will have redevelopment potential in future.

Another point is that there are only 70000 landed houses in Spore. Its all about supply and demand. GCBs prices go up due to extreme limited supply. Nexts comes detached with about 10000 units, semi-ds with 20000 units and terr with 40000 units or so, then come private apts with about 150000 units or so.

Singapore is a small island, and what we short most is land. I dont think you are wrong looking at landed. But think you looking a bit overpriced ones

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Wow.... you are so filial !
    What about your bro in law..... will he be contributing?

If you don't want to struggle with the loan, then consider jumbo HDB flat.
    HDB Flat is afterall belongs to government and is of leasehold.

I want something which I can call my own space.

Quote Originally Posted by danieltangtc
    if you're buying a home, then I guess even if prices rise or fall, it should not concern u. Since u will not sell anyhow.

It is apparent that our leaders plan to keep the property market active to generate activity for our economy.

Front page article about property short supply and about increasing foreigner immigration into Singapore (25,000/year). These are indicators of what is to come.

Things like that are published under instruction of the gov

If I were in your position, I too would look toward a private property.

But, I feel Springside and Brooks collection although nice are too overpriced as you are paying for a new house with new design.

Why not look at a resale landed house say 20 years old with some minor reno.

Price will be a lot cheaper and will have redevelopment potential in future.

Another point is that there are only 70000 landed houses in Spore. Its all about supply and demand. GCBs prices go up due to extreme limited supply. Nexts comes detached with about 10000 units, semi-ds with 20000 units and terr with 40000 units or so, then come private apts with about 150000 units or so.

Singapore is a small island, and what we short most is land. I dont think you are wrong looking at landed. But think you looking a bit overpriced ones
    Thanks for the cautious reminder and encouragement.

Yes, I am probably finding one where I can stay for long.

Unit that is of >10 years old, I am worried of the additional cost in renovation, doing up the whole house and making it durable, and reliable for the next 20 years. This is why I am hopeful in getting a new one.

Thanks for the cautious reminder and encouragement.

Yes, I am probably finding one where I can stay for long.

Unit that is of >10 years old, I am worried of the additional cost in renovation, doing up the whole house and making it durable, and reliable for the next 20 years. This is why I am hopeful in getting a new one.
    My friend, I have been staying in my fathers landed house for almost 30 years. Unless you buy a POS house built by PCK pte ltd, you will be surprised how durable these "old" houses are.

Look at older buildings like raffles hotel and thoses conservation houses. They are still standing. Anyhow, you should shop around for one of the best condition for psf

My friend, I have been staying in my fathers landed house for almost 30 years. Unless you buy a POS house built by PCK pte ltd, you will be surprised how durable these "old" houses are.

Look at older buildings like raffles hotel and thoses conservation houses. They are still standing. Anyhow, you should shop around for one of the best condition for psf
    Also, I feel based on your monthly household income, such new overpriced house above 2m are a bit too ex for you. You should aim for a FH landed inter terrace less than 2m. That should easily house your whole family.

You should aim to bring down your debt to the bank as fast as possible. MY wife and I own a fh semi-d and prime condo, but we choose to rent them out and stay with parents. Try to keep flat for rental if u can

Also, I feel based on your monthly household income, such new overpriced house above 2m are a bit too ex for you. You should aim for a FH landed inter terrace less than 2m. That should easily house your whole family.

You should aim to bring down your debt to the bank as fast as possible. MY wife and I own a fh semi-d and prime condo, but we choose to rent them out and stay with parents. Try to keep flat for rental if u can
    The problem/challenge is I am unable to locate/identify a reasonable unit that is less than 2 mil now.

Are your asset(s) fully paid, or still servicing the loan?

The problem/challenge is I am unable to locate/identify a reasonable unit that is less than 2 mil now.

Are your asset(s) fully paid, or still servicing the loan?
    Here let me help you locate some houses
    Our assets are still under finance, but not borrowing the way you plan to my friend. 80- 90% is crazy

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singa...itude=&submit=

MY wife and I own a fh semi-d and prime condo, but we choose to rent them out and stay with parents. Try to keep flat for rental if u can
    Your parents must be owning a huge house that you would rather stay with them than stay in your own semi D !

Here let me help you locate some houses
    Our assets are still under finance, but not borrowing the way you plan to my friend. 80- 90% is crazy

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singa...itude=&submit=
    I understand it is silly, however I have had no choice but to resort to this methodology if I am preparing to get a landed.

I understand it is silly, however I have had no choice but to resort to this methodology if I am preparing to get a landed.
    No problems my friend, unlike some other forummers, i encourage you to get a landed for own stay.

But you should not be getting an expensive new landed that has factored in developers profits.

Get one that is cheaper and easier to finance, there are many inter-terr in the 1.Xm range I posted earlier.

Construction cost is about 300psf to build a new 3.5 storey house. Try to find a house which is more than 300psf cheaper than new developments in the vicinity. try to aim for more than 400psf cheaper than new. That way, even if you want to rebuild in future, it will still be cheaper than getting a new overpriced unit (ie brooks collection)

Your parents must be owning a huge house that you would rather stay with them than stay in your own semi D !
    old house la...bought eons ago

No problems my friend, unlike some other forummers, i encourage you to get a landed for own stay.

But you should not be getting an expensive new landed that has factored in developers profits.

Get one that is cheaper and easier to finance, there are many inter-terr in the 1.Xm range I posted earlier.

Construction cost is about 300psf to build a new 3.5 storey house. Try to find a house which is more than 300psf cheaper than new developments in the vicinity. try to aim for more than 400psf cheaper than new. That way, even if you want to rebuild in future, it will still be cheaper than getting a new overpriced unit (ie brooks collection)
    Thanks for the calculation(s) factoring the rebuild etc; the cost 300psf seems too attractive. I did asked around before, and cost given to me rounds around 400-500psf instead?

Yes, I will keep a look out and be watchful of any potential gem(s),if any.

If you don't mind Jurong West, Yunnan Gardens is freehold, BIG land quite cheap psf and relatively new.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...yunnan-gardens

Thumbs up

Good advice...

If you don't mind Jurong West, Yunnan Gardens is freehold, BIG land quite cheap psf and relatively new.

Wah, can park 3 cars!
    But that area is mixed lease, right?
    Some FH, some 99 LH.... something like Pasir Ris, right?

Wah, can park 3 cars!
    I think so, must ask carefully regarding the house lease status. But the location is quite good, opposite the Jurong west recreation center and 10mins walk to mrt. Land psf less than 900 where to find now haa haa haa...

Thanks for the calculation(s) factoring the rebuild etc; the cost 300psf seems too attractive. I did asked around before, and cost given to me rounds around 400-500psf instead?

Yes, I will keep a look out and be watchful of any potential gem(s),if any.
    Erm, if you go to builders who are friends, 450psf can do you 3.5 story with basement using iranian marble and euro materials

Also, construction cost is on high side now. Construction cost follows economy. build during recession better price

Erm, if you go to builders who are friends, 450psf can do you 3.5 story with basement using iranian marble and euro materials

Also, construction cost is on high side now. Construction cost follows economy. build during recession better price

Thanks for the info. Do share with me the builder(s) contact if you have any, if and only if I finally get a landed.

Wah, can park 3 cars!
    Yunnan gdns all FH. The LH99 side is Westwood just nearby.

This house not bad, somemore has 3 storey 'skeleton' so simple A&A can update the house if new owner desires

This is one of the closest landed estates to the upcoming Jurong Lake District. So may fetch good rental and capital appreciation in future??