Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ECG Landed Property Collection?

Quote Originally Posted by bullman
    Just surprised by the purchasing power of this new emerging class. Most bought HDB as their first purchase and has satisfied the MOP. They mentioned that they wish to upgrade directly to a landed rather than a condo given the small gap in prices absolutely, if they were to purchase a reasonable size 3 BR
    I think this will tell a good story:

All in District 20

1. HDB resale in Bishan 5rm, ask $720k

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...eet-23-9446767

2. Sky Habitat @Bishan: ~$1.9m

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...le-sky-habitat

3. Landed (ask excess of $1.65m)

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...homson-gdn-est-

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Luxus Hills now got people advertise 3 mil for 1615sq ft .
    Ya, trying to set benchmark for Luxus Hill. Pavilion Park $2.65mil for 1614sqft (land)...

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...-pavilion-park

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Ya, trying to set benchmark for Luxus Hill. Pavilion Park $2.65mil for 1614sqft (land)...

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...-pavilion-park

The new phase of PP is NS facing which makes it more attractive than the previous phase.
    But at least it is relatively acceptable, unlike Luxus Hills .
    The Springside also relatively reasonable.
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...ction-new-laun

With only 70,000 landed properties in Singapore with a population of over 5 million, it is no brainer that landed prices will continue to soar!

As more and more landed are sold to developers who turn them into apts and condos, the supply is getting fewer each day!

As the price gap (in terms of quantum) between landed and condos widens, only the priviledge ones can own and stay in landed.

Land itself (excluding rebuilding cost) now sells for $1000psf on avg, it will head for $1500psf very soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    With only 70,000 landed properties in Singapore with a population of over 5 million, it is no brainer that landed prices will continue to soar!

As more and more landed are sold to developers who turn them into apts and condos, the supply is getting fewer each day!

As the price gap (in terms of quantum) between landed and condos widens, only the priviledge ones can own and stay in landed.

Land itself (excluding rebuilding cost) now sells for $1000psf on avg, it will head for $1500psf very soon!
    After hearing this I think don't wait already...go buy now but still can't afford FH...

Ya boy.. I am also starting my engine to look at landed now.
    Think must buy within this 3months.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue

I was looking very hard in D15 and most original condition small inter terrace are going for 1100 to 1200 psf

I was looking very hard in D15 and most original condition small inter terrace are going for 1100 to 1200 psf
    Maybe u should go further up as in D20+ and the money saved can get you min 1 SLK... And maybe better condition or new ones.

No need to look so hard. Just buy up the entire row since you are a bull!

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    No need to look so hard. Just buy up the entire row since you are a bull!
    Its almost impossible to get a row of terrace nowadays unless one is a big scale developer with deep pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    Maybe u should go further up as in D20+ and the money saved can get you min 1 SLK... And maybe better condition or new ones.
    Thanks for the advice but I prefer D15. The money saved should be put in the bank as cash reserve amounting to 3 years of mortgage payments.

BTW, I am a Beemer fan.

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    You will soon understand my frustrations. Most sellers are not really serious anyway, even when you meet their asking, they withdraw the unit from market.

You will soon understand my frustrations. Most sellers are not really serious anyway, even when you meet their asking, they withdraw the unit from market.
    Ya, many not serious about selling, tikam tikam, owners sometimes put up becos Agent keep pestering them to try & see if offer meet their expectation...

Landed looks damn good from outside, but only for big ones you feel the shiokness of space. Else condos seem to be a better choice for actual living, and not for investment.

Thanks for the advice but I prefer D15. The money saved should be put in the bank as cash reserve amounting to 3 years of mortgage payments.

BTW, I am a Beemer fan.
    I also like D15 as I grew up in the east and have been staying in the east eversince.
    I am gonna miss katong once I shift.
    But beggars can't be choosers, so I have settled for something away from my beloved eastern side.
    So with the amount of money saved by getting an ulu house, I might just consider buying the ultra light Audi A6 .

Landed looks damn good from outside, but only for big ones you feel the shiokness of space. Else condos seem to be a better choice for actual living, and not for investment.
    You are quite right.
    But for condo cannot stay in old ones.
    Otherwise a lot of headache.
    Each year after attending the AGM, I get so frustrated and last year was the last straw and that spurred me to make the move to get a landed.

Sounds like cluster housing could be your choice pricing play a part also, 1.5mil condo & 1.5mil landed, within same district, I would rather go for landed...my opinion.

Have not looked at the old ones. But the newly built ones are all keen to sell ..hehe..

Wah so stressful.... got time limit one ar?
    Where you looking at?

What do you think of this one?
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...homson-gdn-est-

land size so small...

Have not looked at the old ones. But the newly built ones are all keen to sell ..hehe..
    I have looked through them and realised that there are some which represent good value. BTW, I am looking for a D15 inter on my sister's behalf, and she prefers something whereby she can configure the layout from scratch.

I also like D15 as I grew up in the east and have been staying in the east eversince.
    I am gonna miss katong once I shift.
    But beggars can't be choosers, so I have settled for something away from my beloved eastern side.
    So with the amount of money saved by getting an ulu house, I might just consider buying the ultra light Audi A6 .
    I think that in your case, the difference can get you a baby Lambo.

You are quite right.
    But for condo cannot stay in old ones.
    Otherwise a lot of headache.
    Each year after attending the AGM, I get so frustrated and last year was the last straw and that spurred me to make the move to get a landed.
    Looking at my friends' landed, I would say landed is actually high maintenance. Those that claim low maintenance actually didn't really maintain well, or are very lucky with their sound structure, good contractors workmanship, lack of pests or weeds, no heavy digging nearby etc. So you won't get into arguments over maintenance in landed, but you either save and let the house rot or pay to restore the condition.

Looking at my friends' landed, I would say landed is actually high maintenance. Those that claim low maintenance actually didn't really maintain well, or are very lucky with their sound structure, good contractors workmanship, lack of pests or weeds, no heavy digging nearby etc. So you won't get into arguments over maintenance in landed, but you either save and let the house rot or pay to restore the condition.
    From my observation of those that units were recently rebuilt, most do not have a garden or the garden is really minimal. I guess the new profile of owners prefer max built in. In the set-back areas, most prefer a water feature/lap pool etc rather than greenery.

From my observation of those that units were recently rebuilt, most do not have a garden or the garden is really minimal. I guess the new profile of owners prefer max built in. In the set-back areas, most prefer a water feature/lap pool etc rather than greenery.
    That's what makes the entire landed property area very hot and dry nowadays. It is made worse by the high BTOs, ECs, condos etc around them. The latest victims are those staying in Jalan Kayu area, where in front are giant BTOs and at the back are the Seletar Aerospace.

That's what makes the entire landed property area very hot and dry nowadays. It is made worse by the high BTOs, ECs, condos etc around them. The latest victims are those staying in Jalan Kayu area, where in front are giant BTOs and at the back are the Seletar Aerospace.
    Thats very true. I guess you are an early bird like myself looking at Classified on a Sat morning. There are indeed 1-2 good buys today in D15. Maybe its my lucky day after 2 months of tough luck.

Thats very true. I guess you are an early bird like myself looking at Classified on a Sat morning. There are indeed 1-2 good buys today in D15. Maybe its my lucky day after 2 months of tough luck.
    SPH should just digitize the advertisements and make our search easier online. Other property websites will be forced to shut down or go into niche areas.

SPH should just digitize the advertisements and make our search easier online. Other property websites will be forced to shut down or go into niche areas.
    It already is. Check out www.data.com.sg includes listings from agencies and papers. Bro hyena you so green ah...

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    It already is. Check out www.data.com.sg includes listings from agencies and papers. Bro hyena you so green ah...
    Ok, thanks. Ya, I'm still very green in properties...

Ok, thanks. Ya, I'm still very green in properties...
    No sweat. We all learn from one another. Give you the exact link - coz the sea of links are confusing. http://www.data.com.sg/pspublic/Post...?cID=singapore its FOC