Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: KATONG REGENCY 70% SOLD AT AVERAGE $1600psf

Frankly i am curious what would happen when interest raise in 2 yrs time in 2014. say go back to 3-4%.. how many people can sustain such interest payment.

When the tide goes out... how many naked people will be exposed?

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    Frankly i am curious what would happen when interest raise in 2 yrs time in 2014. say go back to 3-4%.. how many people can sustain such interest payment.

this other scenario may happen too. with so many units in the market, there will bound to be banks that lose market share and some that want to gain market share. what happens? tada, loan packages with competitive interest rates. unless you are saying that all banks gang up to form a cartel to control interest rates

why not? with LTV @ 40% many of these buyers can hold

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    i don't believe he was forced to sign on the dotted line. furthermore, he went in with his eyes wide open.
    u know one day maybe he will be even grateful that "the agent persuaded me to sign" ...

to Shawn, as an agent, you should know the interest on this project was really huge. the other agent was not "lying" to say "there is a queue behind you". whether they are all "carrot heads" or not is not yet proven, but you can't really say the other agent "coerced" him. You've got to admit that was a very effective (or even standard ?) sales tactics from agents.

I know on day 1 the original Wee family bought several units. I dare not say they know nothing about this area.....

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    this other scenario may happen too. with so many units in the market, there will bound to be banks that lose market share and some that want to gain market share. what happens? tada, loan packages with competitive interest rates. unless you are saying that all banks gang up to form a cartel to control interest rates
    no need gang up lah.. FED raise interest all will follow. coz currently the loan margin is so low. in times of slow down less new loans upping interest rates improve margin. More quality loan less quantity is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by price
    why not? with LTV @ 40% many of these buyers can hold

You sure many LTV 40%? many are 2nd prop with paid up HDB so no need 40% LTV. Plus all cheong new launch even need to pay 40% is pay later. when tide rolls out well they can hold.. sure sell HDB to pay up lor. whole family squeeze into a 500sqf MM. That what I call quality living.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    u know one day maybe he will be even grateful that "the agent persuaded me to sign" ...

to Shawn, as an agent, you should know the interest on this project was really huge. the other agent was not "lying" to say "there is a queue behind you". whether they are all "carrot heads" or not is not yet proven, but you can't really say the other agent "coerced" him. You've got to admit that was a very effective (or even standard ?) sales tactics from agents.

I know on day 1 the original Wee family bought several units. I dare not say they know nothing about this area.....
    Actually hor, "developer own self buy few units" is also a sales tactic. That aside, I believe the more pragmatic reason is so that valuers will match the project asking price. They base valuation on most recent transacted pricing.

no need gang up lah.. FED raise interest all will follow. coz currently the loan margin is so low. in times of slow down less new loans upping interest rates improve margin. More quality loan less quantity is fine.
    The bank's margin is independent of the sibor rate. The sibor may fluctuate but the bank's margin movement is aligned to the competitive marketplace. That said, banks prefer low sibor then they are able to dish out low quantum loans left, right and centre...like they do today!

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    Actually hor, "developer own self buy few units" is also a sales tactic.
    oh u thought I'm referring to the UOL Wee & Co ? no no, I'm referring to the other Wee, the one who built and owns Lion City hotel. His family sold the site to UOL, and his family bought into this project on day 1.

oh u thought I'm referring to the UOL Wee & Co ? no no, I'm referring to the other Wee, the one who built and owns Lion City hotel. His family sold the site to UOL, and his family bought into this project on day 1.
    Correct. I heard bought one stack.

Quote Originally Posted by kal
    left 5 units
    Is this project a sold out yet? If so it would really be power! Sold out in a week!

If not wrong they also own a row of bungalows along Thiam Siew Ave, which are being rented out.

Oh I see! For sentimental value then in this case...

This project is over rated. Too near geylang. Quite a congested area. So don't see why people rush in. Going to be interesting to see if any people back out.

Quote Originally Posted by gap969
    If not wrong they also own a row of bungalows along Thiam Siew Ave, which are being rented out.
    That is one really very well kept row of houses!!!

This project is over rated. Too near geylang. Quite a congested area. So don't see why people rush in. Going to be interesting to see if any people back out.
    May be over rated but think many people see good rental value bec of mall, MRT and close to city. Some probably have businesses near by, and the so called Paya Lebar hub development. All these together come together and you get "almost sold out" within a week. Many here have predicted that.

Quote Originally Posted by ekl2ekl2
    May be over rated but think many people see good rental value bec of mall, MRT and close to city. Some probably have businesses near by, and the so called Paya Lebar hub development. All these together come together and you get "almost sold out" within a week. Many here have predicted that.
    I'll buy this over SH anytime. FH wins hands down already....

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    I don't think FH or LH really matters in the short to medium term. More importantly is that KR residents can get accustomed to daily living in that environment. Its really not for everyone. No point FH if you are not accustomed or cannot adjust to the area.

Quote Originally Posted by insigina
    I don't think FH or LH really matters in the short to medium term. More importantly is that KR residents can get accustomed to daily living in that environment. Its really not for everyone. No point FH if you are not accustomed or cannot adjust to the area.
    I speaking from the view point of a long term investor. FH beat LH in the long run. No arguement on that.

Your nick seemed to suggest otherwise....!!!!! Lol

I speaking from the view point of a long term investor. FH beat LH in the long run. No arguement on that.
    Then this becomes a FH vs LH debate...not KR vs SH

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    Your nick seemed to suggest otherwise....!!!!! Lol
    My nick came 1st

Anyway, it's my personal choice.... FH over LH.... KR over SH... Nothing to debate over...

heard last unit sold today.. ...........

WOW
    Ride at your own risk !!!

So much for cooling property market!

Cheong ah! Huat ah!

Yeah FULLY SOLD..confirm plus chop.

Most forumers were spot on. Many have said KR will easily be sold out.
    Most probably bought not for self stay but for rental.

sold out in a week? yoo hoo where's CM6??

So much for cooling property market!

Cheong ah! Huat ah!
    Yeah its amazing!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    sold out in a week? yoo hoo where's CM6??
    Tomorrow is Thursday no? Maybe...