Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MM is a VERY good investment...if...

Default MM is a VERY good investment...if...

You have spare cash...lets face it MM apts are here to stay like it or NOT changing demographics/lifestyle/acceptance have led to this trend...

..Now the way i look at it $500k MM apt...if u put down 40% DP thats $200k...your mtly mortagage factoring in ups/downs in interest rate..etc etc..is about $1.2k for a 30 year loan...i am PRETTY sure if YOUR NOT greedy achieving this sort of RENTAL is easily POSSIBLE....so in short if you rent for 30 years after that the unit if yours....assuming in 30 years time with inflation/deflation whatever ECONOMIC crap...the price still maintain at $500k...you have effectively grown your $200k to $500k.....isnt that good....and there are many many PLUS points...

1)for example you retire and want a small place to live with your wife..can move there

2)your kid grow up get married need somewhere to get started...you got your MM

3)you have relatives from OVERSEAS who you hate can throw them there

of course the wonderful bros/sis here will all have their 2 views....so let it roll manz....

in investment it all boils down to ROI, ur points only indicate tat mm can be self sustainable from rental, but ROI wise may be pretty bad. usually high ROI from property is achievable from price appreciation not from rental, correct me if im wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    in investment it all boils down to ROI, ur points only indicate tat mm can be self sustainable from rental, but ROI wise may be pretty bad. usually high ROI from property is achievable from price appreciation not from rental, correct me if im wrong.
    return on investment..thats roi right...ya i suppose so i never studied economics....but i just trying to figure out why sporeans snapping up these MMs like no tommorow then i came to my own 2 analysis...

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    return on investment..thats roi right...ya i suppose so i never studied economics....but i just trying to figure out why sporeans snapping up these MMs like no tommorow then i came to my own 2 analysis...
    me also no study econmics, just offering my 1cent view too ; )

It is land that the FH/999LH the MM sits on that will appreciate with time. The MM itself I suppose after 20 years will start to depreciate.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    It is land that the FH/999LH the MM sits on that will appreciate with time. The MM itself I suppose after 20 years will start to depreciate.
    What will happen to those 99 years LH MMs? Like KG and soon to be built PRW?

Very hard to sell after 20 years... unless there is revision in plot ratio to allow developers to reap profit with another taller MM tower in its place.

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    You have spare cash...lets face it MM apts are here to stay like it or NOT changing demographics/lifestyle/acceptance have led to this trend...

..Now the way i look at it $500k MM apt...if u put down 40% DP thats $200k...your mtly mortagage factoring in ups/downs in interest rate..etc etc..is about $1.2k for a 30 year loan...i am PRETTY sure if YOUR NOT greedy achieving this sort of RENTAL is easily POSSIBLE....so in short if you rent for 30 years after that the unit if yours....assuming in 30 years time with inflation/deflation whatever ECONOMIC crap...the price still maintain at $500k...you have effectively grown your $200k to $500k.....isnt that good....and there are many many PLUS points...

1)for example you retire and want a small place to live with your wife..can move there

2)your kid grow up get married need somewhere to get started...you got your MM

3)you have relatives from OVERSEAS who you hate can throw them there

of course the wonderful bros/sis here will all have their 2 views....so let it roll manz....
    Actually, I quite agree with your comment. Even a minimum rental of 1.5 to 1.8k is enough to cover the monthly installment.

Point 1 - exactly my thought
    Point 2 - well may be , but prefer atleast they can get their own HDB flat
    Point 3 - No No

With radha logic, basically, all FH/999yrs condos are good buy as long as rental can cover installment.

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    With radha logic, basically, all FH/999yrs condos are good buy as long as rental can cover installment.
    ya but TO BUY A 1 mil apt u need 400k for 40% DP...but 400 to 500k MM...u need much much less.....anyway just my thoughts since i see so many people crazy about MM

CM6 sure something to target MM liao lo
    Buy now b4 it is too late
    Ride at your own risk !!!

MM projects easy to enbloc and renew after 20yrs. Few units and most owners are cost conscious and $mind....

Quote Originally Posted by price
    What will happen to those 99 years LH MMs? Like KG and soon to be built PRW?
    Enbloc and renew. Lease top up...

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    MM projects easy to enbloc and renew after 20yrs. Few units and most owners are cost conscious and $mind....
    You need a developer willing to buy and top up the lease. That will be unattractive to the developer if the lease is running low and plot ratio had already been maximised.

You need a developer willing to buy and top up the lease. That will be unattractive to the developer if the lease is running low and plot ratio had already been maximised.
    99LH MMs bought on small plot developments bgt at $1,400 psf above are dead duck !!!

Govt releasing lots of GLS. Developers would prefer to bid for these rather than purchase en bloc 99LH. If hoping for en bloc, it may be more prudent to go for FH.

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    Govt releasing lots of GLS. Developers would prefer to bid for these rather than purchase en bloc 99LH. If hoping for en bloc, it may be more prudent to go for FH.
    Absolutely. But then Buying MMs especially those 99LH MMs on those kuching karat plot are like buying penny China-based stocks ..So far all doomed and faded to oblivion and never ever to recover... So don't just play play .. Know what you are playing ..

the purpose of buying mm is for rental so this has to be the priority. so long as the location is rentable, the rest is not as important. the price will move by the market. But paying 1400psf will need to be careful. Its kinda tricky if the rental yield is substainable.

1 cents...

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    the purpose of buying mm is for rental so this has to be the priority. so long as the location is rentable, the rest is not as important. the price will move by the market. But paying 1400psf will need to be careful. Its kinda tricky if the rental yield is substainable.

1 cents...
    Guess what. those who Bought at such price will tell u is for own stay. while secretly drooling and wishing over 2.8k rental for 409sf like prestige hts to happen to them

Guess what. those who Bought at such price will tell u is for own stay. while secretly drooling and wishing over 2.8k rental for 409sf like prestige hts to happen to them
    can get 2.8K per month? not bad lah, positive cash flow. 3-4 years ago, you buy at this price but the rental is now 4K...locatin is good, no short of tenants, good facilities for the tenant to enjoy, good developers as well.

but again, if 4 years later, look back to today's market, I dont think the ppty market can cheong so much. I will not be surprised if it is still maintained at today's price. 1cents

can get 2.8K per month? not bad lah, positive cash flow. 3-4 years ago, you buy at this price but the rental is now 4K...locatin is good, no short of tenants, good facilities for the tenant to enjoy, good developers as well.

but again, if 4 years later, look back to today's market, I dont think the ppty market can cheong so much. I will not be surprised if it is still maintained at today's price. 1cents
    Dont say so early bro. The market surprised us again and again just when we thought it peaked out...

Dont say so early bro. The market surprised us again and again just when we thought it peaked out...
    the higher the stake, the fall harder. It always suffer hard fall with long recovering period.

i have seen the market up and down...but the developer were not as clever.. I am concern at the rate it goes, the fall could be hard. the ocr price keeps climbing and ccr price stegnant as of now. who will be most affected?

However, I do hope the market will surprise us since I am vested.

Thats true. When Centrios at AMK transacted at 1200pfs, all the experts said this price was mad and reports in ST quoted analysts saying that >1000pfs in HDB hubs cannot be sustained. Look what happened now at SH!

Since 2010, may have predicted a price correction, look what is happening now for new launches. After CM5, even the most optimistic analysts predicted a 5-10% fall within 3-6 months, while the pessimistic ones up to 30-35% and a recession. Look what is happening now 5 months down the road, just a minor scratch for resales only.

The party will have to end one day but there may be more surprises before this day comes.

the higher the stake, the fall harder. It always suffer hard fall with long recovering period.

i have seen the market up and down...but the developer were not as clever.. I am concern at the rate it goes, the fall could be hard. the ocr price keeps climbing and ccr price stegnant as of now. who will be most affected?

However, I do hope the market will surprise us since I am vested.
    developer how to lose? just keep on buying GLS and keep on launching.
    when the crash comes, they have 10 profitable projects and 2 unprofitable projects, so overall they still make.

Quote Originally Posted by ekl2ekl2
    Thats true. When Centrios at AMK transacted at 1200pfs, all the experts said this price was mad and reports in ST quoted analysts saying that >1000pfs in HDB hubs cannot be sustained. Look what happened now at SH!

Since 2010, may have predicted a price correction, look what is happening now for new launches. After CM5, even the most optimistic analysts predicted a 5-10% fall within 3-6 months, while the pessimistic ones up to 30-35% and a recession. Look what is happening now 5 months down the road, just a minor scratch for resales only.

The party will have to end one day but there may be more surprises before this day comes.
    Until then, let us all long-vested already investors HUAT HUAT HUAT ah!!!!! Good to tell ourselves based on paper gain all of us can afford at least a unit in The Sail... Lol tanks everybirdy tanks to those newbie buyers at the bottom of the pyramid...

Until then, let us all long-vested already investors HUAT HUAT HUAT ah!!!!! Good to tell ourselves based on paper gain all of us can afford at least a unit in The Sail... Lol tanks everybirdy tanks to those newbie buyers at the bottom of the pyramid...
    Cannot really huat like that. We are stuck. If we sell, we will not be able to buy again without kena ABSD. As a result we have to hold until such time as the ABSD is lifted by which time we will probably be a down cycle of the economy and unable to reap good profits anyway. So far it is only PAPER GAIN as you rightly said.

It is difficult for us to upgrade and buy more or better units because of 1. ABSD 2. 40% DP.

Those who sold their units that were bought 3 years or more ago could be worst off. Got money in bank but no more rental income and see inflation depleting their cash. Worst off if they sold off all their units including the shelters over their heads by helping others to pay for their homes.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    Cannot really huat like that. We are stuck. If we sell, we will not be able to buy again without kena ABSD. As a result we have to hold until such time as the ABSD is lifted by which time we will probably be a down cycle of the economy and unable to reap good profits anyway. So far it is only PAPER GAIN as you rightly said.

It is difficult for us to upgrade and buy more or better units because of 1. ABSD 2. 40% DP.

Quote Originally Posted by qianfugui
    99LH MMs bought on small plot developments bgt at $1,400 psf above are dead duck !!!
    I don't understand why are people paying so much for resale at Kovan Grandeur. n the new Cardiff Residence, selling at FH prices.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Those who sold their units that were bought 3 years or more ago could be worst off. Got money in bank but no more rental income and see inflation depleting their cash. Worst off if they sold off all their units including the shelters over their heads by helping others to pay for their homes.
    That is what makes me think twice before selling my property. Just have to hold on. That is probably what keeps the market from dropping too. If other owners have the same mindset and are holding on....then prices will not drop. Need to wait for a MAJOR financial catastrophe. Hello Spain?

Quote Originally Posted by price
    I don't understand why are people paying so much for resale at Kovan Grandeur. n the new Cardiff Residence, selling at FH prices.
    Didnt you read... PRC and Pinoy buyers. Cash rich but Damn c*** dunno the market one... No wonder both countries fight over some island... Coz sama sama and great minds think alike. When I see them chatting happily with each other (more like signing as Pinoy no speak Mandarin and PRC no speak ah English) in their little condo I wonder if they know their homeland is squabbling....