Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 70% of sky habitat snapped up in a day!

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    !st u need to proof u are beyond reasonable doubt u are above 18!
    i got my bus card can?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    Come to think about it, how is it possible for a young couple to purchase 1.2mil condo without parent's help. 20% downpayment is already 240k.
    Why not? u think too lowly of us kids these days

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    "raise 2 children, put them through uni, have money for retirement" these are all future expenses, that you must INVEST for it, not SAVE for it.

why 5k mortgage ? 1mil loan today is 3k installment for young people. Future rate hike ? You are young, your income will rise too rite ? This is a risk, but young ppl like you wouldn't expect yourself making the same salary in the next 5ys isn't ?
    i like ur thoughts same sentiments

I come here to see if any update on Sky Habit sales and all I see is tirade over income and household expenses.

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    I come here to see if any update on Sky Habit sales and all I see is tirade over income and household expenses.
    lol

This thread has changed into a lecturing one.

Quote Originally Posted by price
    i like ur thoughts same sentiments

INVEST FOR FUTURE, BIG SAVING, PAY IN CASH etc are nice to hear.

But still, you need to show us the money. No Money No Honey.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    INVEST FOR FUTURE, BIG SAVING, PAY IN CASH etc are nice to hear.

But still, you need to show us the money. No Money No Honey.
    That's why we say leverage wat.

Ringo's family expense is at least 6.5k to 7k per month my best guess

MPV car to carry 1 maid 2 kids and wife - 1500 pm
    Insurance - 1000 pm
    Tuition/childcare for 2 kids - 1000 pm
    Maid - 1000 pm (insurance, agency fee, food, maid levy)
    PUB + condo maintenance + groceries - 1000 pm
    Eat out at Dempsey once or twice a week - 800 pm
    Income tax, property tax - ?
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera

Insurance - 1000 pm
    6.5 to 7k per month expenditure is not extravagant at all.
    It is just the basic necessity (excluding the dempsey hill part).
    You have not factored in the vacation expenses, phone bills, broadband bills, shopping expenses, car insurance, car servicing, car wear and tear, visits to the doctor and dentist, contribution to parents.

Quote Originally Posted by price
    That's why we say leverage wat.
    The world seem like a perfect place isnt it? Just walk into the bank, get a bank loan and walah, you are rich.

amk probably belongs to the upper middle class or the top income band but most of us are middle class (my definition is family income < 15k per month)

It is definitely possible to live without a maid, cut down insurance and drive a Kia Picanto just to squeeze out extra 2k per month saving for investment .. but it requires huge sacrifices of lifestyle and your spouse may not agree with you

amk probably belongs to the upper middle class or the top income band but most of us are middle class (my definition is family income < 15k per month)

It is definitely possible to live without a maid, cut down insurance and drive a Kia Picanto just to squeeze out extra 2k per month saving for investment .. but it requires huge sacrifices of lifestyle and your spouse may not agree with you

I actually think that AMK doesnt even have a family of his own and he is probably still free loading in his parents home.

When you have both husband and wife working and kids, it will be very difficult to not have a maid at home.

On the maid part. For DINK, probably they don't need one. Otherwise for those with children, it is not possible to live without a maid for the below cases & I've seen quite a number of them.

Both are working and their parents don't want (I'm not kidding) or cannot (too old or weak) look after grandchildren . They got no choice but to get a maid or put the child into childcare. And childcare is more expensive compare to kindergarten usually. But then come back from work still got to check email or prepare presentations/reports for next day & look after crying baby or help child with homework. So they rather not cook themselves so still need the maid otherwise cannot finish report.

Sometimes, it's not a matter of choice but force to do so. Otherwise one got to stop working & stay at home. That means 40 to 50% income lost if both earn equal amount. So they rather have a maid than lost 50% income.

Ya think came to wrong thread. The other SH thread is the correct one lol. This thread is the one that bemoan why so many people can afford to buy SH....in other words the sour grapes thread wakakakaka

Ya think came to wrong thread. The other SH thread is the correct one lol. This thread is the one that bemoan why so many people can afford to buy SH....in other words the sour grapes thread wakakakaka
    This thread has no limits. The SKY IS THE LIMIT.
    We talking about 家事 now 柴米油盐

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

That is very common isn't it? The not so common thing is he is spending much more than he can afford vs others who are spending this amount pm (that is why he is whinning why he can't set aside $5k pm to invest in properties etc).

And if a person is money-not-enough, he should not have car, $1k pm insurance, tuition for kids, eating out because he simply can't afford these luxuries!

Insurance - 1000 pm

Yes, why some people can afford to put >$5k pm into property instalments but others can't!

I actually think that AMK doesnt even have a family of his own and he is probably still free loading in his parents home.

When you have both husband and wife working and kids, it will be very difficult to not have a maid at home.
    Ya! Agree. And we didnt want to live our lives full of sacrifices. Invest and make so much money for what ? also to enjoy life and live life to the fullest!

We are pass the era where we sacrifice 85% of our lives and the other 15% of the last part of our lives fighting diseases.

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    That is very common isn't it? The not so common thing is he is spending much more than he can afford vs others who are spending this amount pm (that is why he is whinning why he can't set aside $5k pm to invest in properties etc).

And if a person is money-not-enough, he should not have car, $1k pm insurance, tuition for kids, eating out because he simply can't afford these luxuries!

sacrificing all the comfort and security of your family just because you lan lan want to live in a 1.2M PC?

you think raising kids is like buying teddybear?

Cool

sacrificing all the comfort and security of your family just because you lan lan want to live in a 1.2M PC?

you think raising kids is like buying teddybear?
    I agree that $6-7k expense is not excessive if take into account car expense, maid, 2 kids, household expenses, tax, holiday, parents allowance, so on and on...

So if you have $10k income, what do you do? Just allocate to what is more important... To some, it is driving a BMW, to another, it is staying in a PC.

For me, i will not go for $1.2m property because I am risk-adverse. And nothing wrong with that... I just don't get as rich as the guy who sold pepper crab.

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    Ya! Agree. And we didnt want to live our lives full of sacrifices. Invest and make so much money for what ? also to enjoy life and live life to the fullest!

We are pass the era where we sacrifice 85% of our lives and the other 15% of the last part of our lives fighting diseases.

DKSG
    Touche!

And that's actually what all these arguments in this thread is really about, isn't it? It's not about whether such and such income can/should/shouldn't buy a condo of such and such price. It's about the standard of living that you should have as a nation that has been told to tighten your belt and slogged for 47 years. It's whether you should still be tightening your belts like 10/20/30 years ago, or whether you should now be looking forward to certain comforts and luxuries in life while still remaining reasonably competitive. In the final analysis, it is quite pathetic to be competitive and hardworking only for survival.

young man, grow up.

It is definitely possible to live without a maid if your kids are studying in secondary/JC/university or working already ... so amk may be in that situation, drive to Sheng Siong buying crabs / prawns and then reach home and steamboat every day

If your kids already in JC/Uni ... no point to have so high insurance & won't need a big car too ...

So may be we are comparing apple and orange

But if Ringo with family income of 10k cannot afford comfortably 1.2m condo ... does it mean our condo price is beyond affordability or simply that Singapore cost of living is simply too high??

Anybody like him, regardless of income (even if earn $1m a year but also spend $990k a year) will also got no money to buy a $1.2m property!
    So the problem is not with income but.....................

It is definitely possible to live without a maid if your kids are studying in secondary/JC/university or working already ... so amk may be in that situation, drive to Sheng Siong buying crabs / prawns and then reach home and steamboat every day

If your kids already in JC/Uni ... no point to have so high insurance & won't need a big car too ...

But if Ringo with family income of 10k cannot afford comfortably 1.2m condo ... does it mean our condo price is beyond affordability or simply that Singapore cost of living is simply too high??

Anybody like him, regardless of income (even if earn $1m a year but also spend $990k a year) will also got no money to buy a $1.2m property!
    So the problem is not with income but.....................
    Can afford or not all depends on individual la.
    No one can dictate affordability.

If one's life desire is to bring up the kids, then staying in condo is secondary, one will feel like after spending on kids, cant get a condo.

If one's life is about enjoyment and living your own life (of course still take care of kids reasonably well), this person may decide whole family move into condo and ENJOY! Dont spend too much on piano lessons, ballet, 3rd set of tuition, etc etc.

Its all about choices one make in their lives. Dont try to cast everyone in your own mould, it wont work.

This is the same as people with kids always think that all couples must have kids - ridiculous thinking!

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    Can afford or not all depends on individual la.
    No one can dictate affordability.

If one's life desire is to bring up the kids, then staying in condo is secondary, one will feel like after spending on kids, cant get a condo.

If one's life is about enjoyment and living your own life (of course still take care of kids reasonably well), this person may decide whole family move into condo and ENJOY! Dont spend too much on piano lessons, ballet, 3rd set of tuition, etc etc.

Its all about choices one make in their lives. Dont try to cast everyone in your own mould, it wont work.

This is the same as people with kids always think that all couples must have kids - ridiculous thinking!

DKSG
    Its human nature ma not to suffer alone but drag others down into same predicament lol

Quote Originally Posted by PN
    This thread has no limits. The SKY IS THE LIMIT.
    We talking about 家事 now 柴米油盐

Ya man... Woops think I just contributed another response... :-p

I think it is pointless for us to argue what is necessary and what is not

However I am still interested to know how AMK will managed a $10K household income that can finance a 1.2m property, raise a family, invest for the future, buy car in cash, and still have money to retirement.

After so much big talk about INVEST FOR THE FUTURE, LEVERAGE etc etc, lets give him a chance to show us the money.

Anyway like you said, he might be a senior citizen, just like Teddybear who 30 years ago already bought a HERMES bag for his wife, so lets welcome these investment GURU to teach us how to get rich.

With your kind of attitude, you expect us to teach you to become rich? lol!

I think it is pointless for us to argue what is necessary and what is not

However I am still interested to know how AMK will managed a $10K household income that can finance a 1.2m property, raise a family, invest for the future, buy car in cash, and still have money to retirement.

After so much big talk about INVEST FOR THE FUTURE, LEVERAGE etc etc, lets give him a chance to show us the money.

Anyway like you said, he might be a senior citizen, just like Teddybear who 30 years ago already bought a HERMES bag for his wife, so lets welcome these investment GURU to teach us how to get rich.

With your kind of attitude, you expect us to teach you to become rich? lol!

My reference to you was only as a senior citizen, not some investment GURU...

'US'????