Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: How to id The property bubble

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    It's true. I was e Ang Mo lady.
    I thought so... no wonder i find the way she speaks sound freaking alike to someone here.........

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    I think this is subjective... Singapore needs an edge.

At this day and age the Chinese Garden at Jurong or Toa Payoh Gardens may not cut it, very "obiang". In the '70s and '80s people were so fond of taking wedding pictures there and when you had a foreign visitor, Chinese Gardens was one of the places that you might bring them to visit. But now you'll be lucky if delinquents are willing to hang out there

You are right that Bishan Park was already nice... but now its fabulous. The only silly thing IMHO was the name change... now it is called Ang Mo Kio-Bishan Park.
    hahaha... those were the days in the 70s.. remember Toa Payoh garden?
    I have not been to the new Bishan park yet, but from where I stand at the golf range, it does not looks impressive. I went to Ponggol and Seng Kang and I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Devilplate disappeared = big bubble.
    yah lor. where is he? I miss his posts

Yes totally remember Toa Payoh Gardens... used to enjoy meals at the restaurant there until I read in the Straits Times that Adrian Lim (convicted child murderer) had dinner there with his wife and mistress after torturing and murdering one of the kids. After that... just didn't feel like going there anymore.

Anyway, in highly urbanised Singapore we are going in the way of Hong Kong. I think it is a commendable effort to retain and/or enhance whatever greenery that we have. We distinctly trump Hong Kong in this area. I think it is a step in the right direction.

I like the green spaces in Punggol and Seng Kang too. Bishan park after the revamp is more contoured but at the same time looks less cultivated (wild)... sounds like a contradiction... but good fun for the family and exercise enthusiasts. Bishan and AMK residents are lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by stl67
    hahaha... those were the days in the 70s.. remember Toa Payoh garden?
    I have not been to the new Bishan park yet, but from where I stand at the golf range, it does not looks impressive. I went to Ponggol and Seng Kang and I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by stl67
    yah lor. where is he? I miss his posts
    I think he is posting with a new nick...