Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: How to id The property bubble

Quote Originally Posted by Douk
    Someone mentioned resale market is picking up again.
    little chance..

relatives or friends choosing new over old/ resale..

most shld know the answers la..

unless its huge discount

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    I always lim kopi there la....heheheheheh
    Can we have tea together some day? Will like to learn more from you in person.

brother House, if you happen to meet this Buffett guy, tell him to donate some zeros to this Blackjack21 guy. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    Can we have tea together some day? Will like to learn more from you in person.
    brother yowetan, so happy you invited me .

One fine day I might just meet up with brothers here. But now is not the time la...because I am really darn ugly and badly needed a plastic job. If I meet any of you here, I will loose my standing in your heart hor especially the hearts of the sisters here.

Then, after which what I said will not be convincing anymore liao hor...

WOAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

You think I am handsome? I BLUFF YOU ONE LA...hehehheheheh

brother yowetan, so happy you invited me .

One fine day I might just meet up with brothers here. But now is not the time la...because I am really darn ugly and badly needed a plastic job. If I meet any of you here, I will loose my standing in your heart hor especially the hearts of the sisters here.

Then, after which what I said will not be convincing anymore liao hor...

WOAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

You think I am handsome? I BLUFF YOU ONE LA...hehehheheheh
    I am keen in your insight not Outsight (looks).

many many humorous pple in this forum I like

My insights are stolen in bits and pieces from the brothers and sisters here. Opppppss... and my third eye is bluff one also. I merely studied psychology and use the way someone writes to guess his occupation and traits. Now you know who is the real smart one.. IT IS YOU.

heheheheheheh

Take for example, why I started this thread is not because I know how to ID the property bubble, but rather I gathered the inputs from the forum and then come to my conclusions with some economic facts from news like Bloomberg or Channelnewsasia, etc.. of course I have my grassroots in the actual battle field to confirm my so called "insights".

Yowetan... i like your sense of humour too!

Default Shops Closing Down

To echo BJ21's Great Paradigm Shift,
    I can see shops closing down:

Bookstores are already closing down;
    Retail Clothing shops will be the next
    (shoe shops will be the exception - need sisters here to confirm);
    Office shops will move more and more to home
    - no more traffic jam
    - just hope people don't move too far and cross the causeway

What will be left?
    Hair salons
    Hospitals
    ... those require absolute human touch.

Thanks,
    Richard

Food......

Quote Originally Posted by richwang

Retail Clothing shops will be the next
    (shoe shops will be the exception - need sisters here to confirm);
    Office shops will move more and more to home
    - no more traffic jam
    - just hope people don't move too far and cross the causeway

What will be left?
    Hair salons
    Hospitals
    ... those require absolute human touch.

Thanks,
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by richwang
    ehh....I thought bookstores closed down coz of ebooks? CD shops kaput also coz of iTunes.

Quote Originally Posted by House
    many many humorous pple in this forum I like
    Hmmm "House".....nice nick... good use of Gregory House as avatar... and appropriate to the topic of discussion... clever!

I will not order clothing, handbag, shoes etc online. I need to try it and feel the material.

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    Hmmm "House".....nice nick... good use of Gregory House as avatar... and appropriate to the topic of discussion... clever!
    thanks!

but me actually very the ah gong....came here to understand more stuffs cos can see many many high intelligent beings posting here

we do not need to predict when, how and why.

let nature takes its course. we examine and take it from there.

psssst! ....tell u guys something...: last weekend hor, the crowds are back in the showrooms...I mean, not those newly launch projects hor...but those already launched sometime liao. I know u are busy quarelling to take notice, so thought I drop by to tell you..BUT i must say, not sure if this is a one off thing or it will last la...so can only confirm much later..shhhhhhhhh...hehehhehehehehehe

I agree with you on this one. Some people on the sidelines are starting to take action given the resilience of the market. Very much so for the CCR. My visits to showflats tells me that many buyers are Singaporeans.

On another note, there are alot of qualitative factors at play making Singapore a place to be in the region. I had a preview of the Gardens by the Bay and you will understand why so many foreigners want to take a stake in Singapore. I am from the tourism industry and this is something I have not seen overseas. Go and see when it is open on 29 June and you will know what I mean. It is really world class and I can imagine the property prices for developments around the garden in due time!

Quote Originally Posted by desfrie
    I agree with you on this one. Some people on the sidelines are starting to take action given the resilience of the market. Very much so for the CCR. My visits to showflats tells me that many buyers are Singaporeans.

On another note, there are alot of qualitative factors at play making Singapore a place to be in the region. I had a preview of the Gardens by the Bay and you will understand why so many foreigners want to take a stake in Singapore. I am from the tourism industry and this is something I have not seen overseas. Go and see when it is open on 29 June and you will know what I mean. It is really world class and I can imagine the property prices for developments around the garden in due time!

Yes indeed brother. But I wish these new buyers will keep in mind the 3Ls when buying property. Property purchases are long life items and affects one's financial position directly. Do hope they look at returns and not potential capital gains.

My household income is 7k+ with 2k+ rental = 10kSGD.

Why am I not buying then? Am I too conservative, aka Kiasi?
    Good to be on the conservative side. My bro and his wife combined income $25K only go for max $1.5M FH landed property which he bought in 2010. On hindsight it's a wise choice as price has gone up 40 to 50% in today's value.

Quote Originally Posted by amazon777
    Good to be on the conservative side. My bro and his wife combined income $25K only go for max $1.5M FH landed property which he bought in 2010. On hindsight it's a wise choice as price has gone up 40 to 50% in today's value.
    It depends i guess.... your bro accept lower profits for less risk.... if he had bought two now make 100%

Quote Originally Posted by desfrie

MBT initiated this project. Cost 2bio leh

Quote Originally Posted by stl67
    MBT initiated this project. Cost 2bio leh
    To create the artificial environment for the exotic plants is very costly. Another costly stupid project is the retrofitting the Bishan Park as part of ABC Waters programme - it is already a nice park to begin with but I'm not sure why the need to make it look like a swamp. I think there are other ways to spend the money more effectively.

I think this is subjective... Singapore needs an edge.

At this day and age the Chinese Garden at Jurong or Toa Payoh Gardens may not cut it, very "obiang". In the '70s and '80s people were so fond of taking wedding pictures there and when you had a foreign visitor, Chinese Gardens was one of the places that you might bring them to visit. But now you'll be lucky if delinquents are willing to hang out there

You are right that Bishan Park was already nice... but now its fabulous. The only silly thing IMHO was the name change... now it is called Ang Mo Kio-Bishan Park.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    To create the artificial environment for the exotic plants is very costly. Another costly stupid project is the retrofitting the Bishan Park as part of ABC Waters programme - it is already a nice park to begin with but I'm not sure why the need to make it look like a swamp. I think there are other ways to spend the money more effectively.

Young Punks, take note who your target market segment is when buying properties hor:

Studio : Retired Elderly, Elderly Singles, Young Singles, Young couple with no kids. Likely professions: Executives and Students. Rental Budget Max: S$3000. Likely percentage in the market: 35% ( Takes the MRT )

2-Bedders: 2 young professionals can share one unit, Young Family with not more than 2 kids, Middle and Senior Managers. Likely professions: Management.Rental Budget :S$5000- S$7000. Likely percentage in the market:35% (Drives )

3-Bedders: 3 professionals can share one unit, Executives with more than 2 kids, Senior Managers and Directors. Likely professions: Management. Rental Budget: S$7000- S$9,000.Likely percentage in the market: 25% ( Drives )

Bungalows: CEO or chairperson who needs to entertain. Likely profession: TalkCorkSingSong. Rental Budget: Above S$15,000. Likely percentage in the market: 3%-5%. ( usually this class only go for bungalows )

Disclaimers: Above from my experience inside my brain, not from reports outside my brain. Thank You.

神龙股侠。

Devilplate disappeared = big bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Devilplate disappeared = big bubble.
    DEVILPLATE COME OUT HERE !

Young Punks, take note who your target market segment is when buying properties hor:

Studio : Retired Elderly, Elderly Singles, Young Singles, Young couple with no kids. Likely professions: Executives and Students. Rental Budget Max: S$3000. Likely percentage in the market: 35% ( Takes the MRT )

2-Bedders: 2 young professionals can share one unit, Young Family with not more than 2 kids, Middle and Senior Managers. Likely professions: Management.Rental Budget :S$5000- S$7000. Likely percentage in the market:35% (Drives )

3-Bedders: 3 professionals can share one unit, Executives with more than 2 kids, Senior Managers and Directors. Likely professions: Management. Rental Budget: S$7000- S$9,000.Likely percentage in the market: 25% ( Drives )

Bungalows: CEO or chairperson who needs to entertain. Likely profession: TalkCorkSingSong. Rental Budget: Above S$15,000. Likely percentage in the market: 3%-5%. ( usually this class only go for bungalows )

Disclaimers: Above from my experience inside my brain, not from reports outside my brain. Thank You.

神龙股侠。
    Which districts are likely to fall within the respective categories?

Quote Originally Posted by insigina
    Which districts are likely to fall within the respective categories?
    One day, I was drinking coffee at I12. A very beautiful angmo lady emerged from nowhere and approached me.

she asked me , " How to go to Singapore Sports Council at Kallang".

I looked at her big....big.......................big eyes and replied , " take a bus, lady ."

she insisted, " no, I want to walk. in Germany, I walk like 10km everyday."

"be my guest", i told her and gave her the direction.

Good Luck.

WOAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

One day, I was drinking coffee at I12. A very beautiful angmo lady emerged from nowhere and approached me.

I looked at her big....big.......................big eyes and replied , " take a bus, lady ."

Good Luck.

WOAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
    Hahaha good one

Good Luck.

WOAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
    It's true. I was e Ang Mo lady.