Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: More cooling measures 'likely'

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    OMG..... !
    Sorry, they are not goats.
    Ha ha....it was just a honest question...lol I almost fall off the coach...

That's right... I agree with you.
    I feel that for own stay it is better to clear up loan.
    2nd property can take own sweet time if interest rate is low.
    But clear up loan may mean inefficient use of capital?

even for own stay, clear loan fast is not advisable

- what if you need a car next and must take a car loan? if you still have cash, you can borrow less for the car loan (or simply just pay cash for car) .. housing loan interest is so low now so what is the hurry?

- what if emergency situation arise and u need cash?

- in the period of high inflation yet low interest, borrowing means taking advantage of depositors

Basically it boils down to cash flow ... if you are in business, would you do the same?
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rein
    But clear up loan may mean inefficient use of capital?
    For me it is better to clear loan for roof over my head asap.
    What happens if you invested in something that goes bust... then you may not have the means to service the loan.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    even for own stay, clear loan fast is not advisable

- what if you need a car next and must take a car loan? if you still have cash, you can borrow less for the car loan (or simply just pay cash for car) .. housing loan interest is so low now so what is the hurry?

- what if emergency situation arise and u need cash?

- in the period of high inflation yet low interest, borrowing means taking advantage of depositors

Basically it boils down to cash flow ... if you are in business, would you do the same?
    I would set aside a sum to buy a car, renovate house, vacation expenses etc and emergency money.
    Then whatever that is left that is not needed urgently, I would use it pay up the loan for my first property asap.
    Then if I still have extra, I will invest in another property or stocks, etc.

For me it is better to clear loan for roof over my head asap.
    What happens if you invested in something that goes bust... then you may not have the means to service the loan.

I would set aside a sum to buy a car, renovate house, vacation expenses etc and emergency money.
    Then whatever that is left that is not needed urgently, I would use it pay up the loan for my first property asap.
    Then if I still have extra, I will invest in another property or stocks, etc.
    It depends, what if the roof over your head is HDB 30y loan fixed @ 2.6% Ah Gong money
    Ride at your own risk !!!