Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast

Thread: Significant Property News & Discussions

plenty of fights in CCR these days....

A drunk man who assaulted a fellow party-goer with a pair of aluminium tongs, leaving the victim bleeding from the eye and with a fractured eye socket, was sentenced on Monday to nine months in prison for the unprovoked attack.

During a brawl at Club V5 last July, Dickson Tan Yong Wen stabbed Mr Teo Kiee Kee in the region of his right eye with the tongs, which he had picked up from the bar counter nearby,
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    plenty of fights in CCR these days....
    Your thread "owners in the west - beware" has already closed down, still wana talk nonsense?

I just checked my bloomberg terminal, SGD SOR 3mth fixing is 0.51%, two weeks it is around 0.25%.
    Tight liquidity at year end, let hope MAS intervene to keep its current FX appreciation stance

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    3-MTH SOR jumping! Now almost same as 3-MTH SIBOR!

3 month SIBOR = 0.445%
    3 month SOR = 0.444%

In general, 3-M SOR loan usually +1.0% spread
    while 3-M SIBOR loan using +0.90% spread,
    so 3-M SOR housing loan should be more expensive than 3-M SIBOR housing loan...................

Avoid SOR loan at all cost! Expect SOR to go up even much more as US$ exchange rate increases vs S$!

Quote Originally Posted by k00L View Post
    I just checked my bloomberg terminal, SGD SOR 3mth fixing is 0.51%, two weeks it is around 0.25%.
    Tight liquidity at year end, let hope MAS intervene to keep its current FX appreciation stance
    Not sure what nonsense you are talking about here because MAS has never use interest rate intervene FX rate of S$.

Perhaps you should just stick with trolling instead of trying to act like you know what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by k00L
    Your self denial is understandable... Bought at the peak at 17xx psf in OCR, the URA index has headed downhill, Lakefront rental demand has fallen, Lakeville sales volume has stagnant, a EC that is 100% cheaper, for sake of your sanity, better to be in the state of self denial that to admit to be carrothead

Anyone with the slightest common sense will know that its impossible for a troll like you to know what i own what I bought and how much I pay for it.
    All you are capable of doing in this forum is to make up silly self fulfilling stories to entertain yourself.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Shifting little india to JLD makes sense, majority of foreign workers are staying around JLD.
    JLD steering committee should organise more Bollywood movies screenings in Jurong lakeside park on sunday for them. Afterall they contribute to SG economy and deserve the best of what JLD has to offer to them.
    HAHA...bollywood movies in Jurong Lakeside Park? You really hate people with dark skin right?

Do you think rising interest rate will affect the sex industry? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by kOOL
    A man and three women were arrested on Tuesday for allegedly carrying out prostitution activities in a Housing Board flat in Jurong West.
    Neighbours had raised concerns that a brothel was being run in their midst.
    A spokesman for the police said they responded to a call for assistance at 8.45pm. They went to the fifth-storey flat at Block 669B, where the four suspects were arrested.
    The owner of the flat, who wanted to be known only as Madam Chai, told The Straits Times that she had rented the flat out to four men and two women on Monday for around $3,000 a month. They were all from China.
    The 60-year-old said: "In our contract, we stated that there must be no immoral activities. I did tell my neighbours to keep a lookout on the number of men and women entering the flat.
    "Now that police are involved, I chased the other tenants out immediately.
    "I don't want this sort of hanky-panky to happen again. I don't want to rent out my flat any more - once bitten, twice shy."
    One neighbour told Chinese evening daily Lianhe Wanbao that there are secondary schools in the vicinity, and he did not want students to be exposed to such illicit activities. He said he hoped that police will step up security in the estate.
    Police investigations are ongoing.
    The maximum penalty for living on a prostitute's earnings is a five-year jail term and $10,000 in fines

This article was first published on Sep 4, 2014.
    Get a copy of The Straits Times or go to straitstimes.com for more stories.
    - See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/crime/4....58FIItLO.dpuf

Your thread "owners in the west - beware" has already closed down, still wana talk nonsense?
    The closing down cost him blood,sweat and tears. It's time for him to clean up the saliva left in his trumpet. Polish up with autosol.

Quote Originally Posted by sunrise View Post
    The closing down cost him blood,sweat and tears. It's time for him to clean up the saliva left in his trumpet. Polish up with autosol.
    Since you have openly admitted that prostitution (or like you said kio kuay) is part of your life, do you mind sharing with us your rich and filthy experience with the whores?

Quote Originally Posted by sunrise
    U mean you have never visit whore house in your life time? Then I have to call you "sang Kai Zai"

I know to you visiting prostitute is no big deal, however do you know that people like you belongs to the high risk HIV carrier?
    And also do you know that in certain culture, holding hands is not homosexual?

Care to share why we should beware of drinking water there?

This is no big deal when comparing to same sex holding hands at Teban reservoir. Beware! Of the drinking water there..

This is hilarious!!!

HAHAHA??

Naive??? LOL!!

Ha ha ha! Ringo! You very naive!
    I received all my property taxes already! All properties AV remains the same, despite the property prices have crashed, the rents have dropped!
    The same will happen to your OCR property! Rent drop but your property AV will not drop!

You should perhaps learn to keep your mouth shut instead of always fantasizing that you are the smartest asshole (a word which you like to use in this forum). NAIVE??? HAHAHAHAHA....ROTFLOL

40 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE?? LOL!!!

Stop lying about your experience and pretending that you own so many property..(EXPOSED!!)

One in four private home owners will pay less property tax next year after the taxman marked down the annual values of about 73,300 homes.

Letters have been sent to home owners to outline their levies for the coming year.

This comes on the heels of property tax relief for many owners of Housing Board flats, who saw their annual values cut by about 3 per cent earlier this week.

The Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (Iras) reviews property values every year using a mass appraisal system that bases the annual value on rents paid for similar homes nearby.

The slowing rental market has led it to reduce the annual values for 25.7 per cent of private homes from Jan 1 next year.

This is in contrast to the 2013 review for the 2014 levy when only 2 per cent of private homes had their annual values reduced.

This year's reductions come amid a cooling property market where vacancies - a forward indicator of falling rents - are rising.

This is good news for some but not all private home owners.

Oil trader David Goh, for example, has been sent his property tax bill, which has been unchanged for the last three years. Even if rents move down next year, the property tax he will pay over the next 12 months will not change.

Some feel that the volatility in the property market cannot be captured by annual reviews. Iras, however, pointed out that Hong Kong also reviews the annual values once a year while some countries have longer review cycles of three to five years.

Expediency must be a factor too, noted Rodyk & Davidson partner Lee Liat Yeang: "Maybe Iras could do a review twice a year. But if the administrative cost is high, is there any value in that?"

Some home owners said their annual values were skewed higher by neighbours who renovated their properties, raising the annual values for the rest of the street.

"In the past, there were more owner-occupiers," said Mr Goh, 54, who lives in a terrace unit in Holland Grove. "Now, I have three expat neighbours renting homes with swimming pools in their backyards."

Iras maintains that owners can raise objections if they believe there is an error in the annual value calculations, but a lack of good rental information has impeded some from taking that approach.

"It's not that the process is not transparent, but that both Iras and home owners are handicapped," said KPMG Singapore principal tax consultant Leung Yew Kwong. "It's impossible for Iras to go into every house to assess the condition it is in, and rental information is difficult for individuals to get."

Property taxes are also a sore point for some private home owners at the higher end of the rental market. This group says it has been paying higher levies since the Government introduced a more progressive property tax schedule at the start of this year.

Higher annual values should be a result of higher annual rents, but such properties are also more difficult to rent out in the soft real estate market.

"As you go up the annual value ladder, those in the high end are affected by a double whammy of high taxes and (no one to rent to)," said Mr Lee.

There are about 70,000 landed residential properties and 215,000 private high-rise flats here.

In the 12 months to March 31, property tax contributed $4.2 billion - 10 per cent of total tax revenue. Of that, taxes on private residences contributed $720 million, and Housing Board flats contributed $150 million.

- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/sin....WOJUq8Cc.dpuf

I know to you visiting prostitute is no big deal, however do you know that people like you belongs to the high risk HIV carrier?

never talk nonsense here to make another thread close down.

My oh my poor ringgo
    Cannot comprehend basic linggo

Thread on west closed in shame
    Now acting like damsel in pain

Action irks of desperation
    Mindlessly fighting for fruition

My oh my poor ringgo
    Binggo!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sorry, I was asking you about your experience with prostitute (something which you openly admit).

How long have you been doing that? Are you not afraid of HIV?

Quote Originally Posted by AssetRichMoneyPoor View Post
    My oh my poor ringgo
    Cannot comprehend basic linggo

Thread on west closed in shame
    Now acting like damsel in pain

Action irks of desperation
    Mindlessly fighting for fruition

My oh my poor ringgo
    Binggo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you agree that only pathetic losers needs to set up multiple account to troll? LOL..

Sunrise, there is a nice article for you. I am sure you can relate to what the author is saying.

Prostitution in Singapore is legal, but various prostitution-related activities are not. This includes public solicitation, living on the earnings of a prostitute and maintaining a brothel.

In practice, police unofficially tolerate and monitor a limited number of brothels. Prostitutes in such establishments are required to undergo periodic health checks and must carry a health card.

Apart from these regulated brothels, commercial sex workers can be found in many "massage" or "spa" establishments. Some massage parlours, including Tui na outlets, employ scantily clad women from mainland China and offer massages as a pretext for sexual services.

These activities are illegal, and the operators of such massage establishments risk jail if exposed by anti-vice police raids. The main red-light district in Singapore used to be in Geylang, Orchard Towers, nicknamed the "Four Floors Of Whores", is a shopping centre frequented by prostitutes. Some bars in Duxton Hill also offer sexual services.

Prostitution is an activity which is shunned by society yet the ‘sex industry’ makes a significant contribution to the Chinese economy. It is estimated that there are 20 million sex workers in China. Two anti vice campaigns conducted in Beijing suggested that Beijing alone has between 200,000 and 300,000 sex workers. Earnings from providing sexual services are considerable.

For obvious reasons most of this doesn’t appear as taxable income. Where the state does gain is through personal consumption. Prostitutes need to buy quite a lot of equipment. Condoms and other sexual aids. But also more expensive items like cell phones, apartments, rooms, nice clothes, cosmetics, cars and even bodyguards.

When we consider that the Chinese GNP was 8.3 trillion in 1999 the sex industry comes in at 12.8%. Economist Yang Fan estimates that recent legislation introduced in the PRC to curb prostitution caused the GNP to drop by 1%.

What is prostitution?
    ‘Prostitutes’ increasingly referred to as ‘sex workers’ which is seen as more acceptable are females or possibly males that provide sexual services in return for money.

A study conducted in China identified the following categories of ‘sex worker’.

‘Second wives’. Traditionally referred to as concubines, ‘second wives’ provide ongoing sexual services to married men.

‘Packaged women’. Accompany clients on business trips.

‘Female companions’. A nebulous term to describe women who entertain male clients in karoke or similar venues.

‘Ding Dong girls’. ‘Ding dong’ refer to the door bell. Ding-dong girls rent rooms in which to entertain clients.

‘Massage parlour girls’. At face they value provide massage services, often in hotels or in high street salons. ‘Massage’ is a term that is somewhat loosely used in the sex industry.

‘Street girls’. Literally approach men on the street.

‘Underclass women’. Generally service migrant workers. They represent the lowest stratum of sex work.

Why is the sex industry in China so big?

There are estimated to be a one hundred million unemployed women in China today. A by product of China’s economic expansion which has taken place within an unprecedented short period of time.

Education and training however has failed to keep pace with economic change. Many of the women come from rural areas where traditional forms of employment have been displaced by rapid industrialization.

Often, not having any qualifications or the opportunity to acquire the necessary skills, prostitution is their only option. Similarly many females in the cities find themselves unemployed as a consequence of new technology and changes in patterns of employment.

Combined with this the break down of the old social order in China has brought with it a new morality in which promiscuity in it various forms is seen as more acceptable. Mass consumerism also has also given rise to an acquisitive instinct particularly among the young and what one author aptly described as a ‘no money no honey’ mentality.

‘The Six Devil Women’ directed by Ma Tin Yin is a lurid tale of sex and murder. The sort of movie you might find for sale for $9 in the rack at the back of your local convenience store. Six country girls are drawn to Shenzhen, initially to work in beauty salons but are drawn into prostitution, car jacking and ultimately murder. Not the most philosophical of films yet it makes some interesting sociological observations. How, for example, in the ‘new’ China, the allure of materialism is gaining a hold on young people’s lives. And how many see prostitution as one way of making money quickly. An extreme scenario perhaps, but the underlying message is a moralistic and cautionary indictment of the flip side of life in the ‘new’ China’.

Who are the ‘sex workers’?
    In 1999 Professor Pam Suiming of Renimim University conducted an interesting study of the sex industry in China. Specifically she was able to profile a ‘typical’ Chinese sex worker.

According to her study, rural girls are most likely to become sex workers. Simply because they are most likely to find themselves unemployed through, either lack of opportunity or skills. Another feature is that they tend to lack a cohesive social or family network.

In many instances the woman had been disowned by her family or she had deliberately severed contact with them. She is no longer likely to be a virgin. Virginity is highly prized in China. In all probability she is likely to be divorced or to have been abandoned by a boy friend. She is also likely to have friends already working in the sex industry.

So what of the women who become sex workers? According to Professor Suimin, their aspirations as much the same as the rest of us.

Typically they want their own home and family. Another characteristic of the women she met was that they didn’t complain about their lot but, at the same time, they didn’t express feelings of contentment or of happiness.

Except when they were trying to keep up appearances of the benefit of a client. Generally their lives seemed characterized by emptiness and very little fulfillment. Perhaps most significantly the majority of the women saw prostitution as a temporary phase in their lives and something that they intended to put behind them once things get better. They saw their situation as a form of deferred gratification. As one girl put it ‘no one chooses to be a sex worker’.

Prostitution is rarely undertaken as an individual venture. Most women work in groups which are controlled by male or females bosses. Males bosses are sometimes known as ‘hen heads’.

Strong bonds and group norms also tend to exist within groups of sex workers. Perhaps this is inevitable when we consider that virtually all the factors identified by social psychologists as promoting group cohesiveness are a feature.

Prostitution is an activity which is shunned by society. This has the effect reinforcing the group sense of togetherness. Social bonding helps alleviate the feelings of being stigmatized. Even if society disowns us we still have each other.

To many girls the group becomes a substitute for the family that they never had or that disowned them because of the work that they do. Sex workers typically spend a lot of time together waiting for clients.

Often in cramped conditions. Physical proximity promotes cohesiveness. But at the same time many sex workers command high earnings. This is facilitated by the support of the group. So like a football team that keeps winning, this has the effect of inspiring and motivating the women to carry on.

Dragon Girls is a term used by Chinese author Jiu Dan in her published novel “Crows’ to describe the Chinese women who come to Singapore, initially to work in the sex industry but with the hope ultimately of meeting and marrying a rich foreigner. Many come in on student passes or on social passes.

After all Singapore Immigration is unlikely to grant an employment pass or work permit to a Karoke bar hostess, even if she does describe herself as a ‘guest relations officer’! The book stirred up a controversy in China and even more so when it was published in Singapore.

On one level it is seen as an attempt to vilify Chinese women. Crows are scavengers and many see the Chinese girls as being depicted in a similar light. On another level it is seen as a reaction to a society dominated by men and money.

Perhaps, in a sense, it is neither. The girls from China simply desire something better. And many succeed. Away from the hostess bars of Shenzhen and Shanghai; living in a condominium in Singapore and driving a Mercedes Benz, people will soon forget that you were once a Dragon Girl.

- See more at: http://sbr.com.sg/leisure-entertainm....FAevTgxK.dpuf

Teddybear, dont act blur leh.

I received all my property taxes already! All properties AV remains the same, despite the property prices have crashed, the rents have dropped!
    The same will happen to your OCR property! Rent drop but your property AV will not drop!

You should perhaps learn to keep your mouth shut instead of always fantasizing that you are the smartest asshole (a word which you like to use in this forum). NAIVE??? HAHAHAHAHA....ROTFLOL

40 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE?? LOL!!!

Stop lying about your experience and pretending that you own so many property..(EXPOSED!!)

One in four private home owners will pay less property tax next year after the taxman marked down the annual values of about 73,300 homes.

Letters have been sent to home owners to outline their levies for the coming year.

This comes on the heels of property tax relief for many owners of Housing Board flats, who saw their annual values cut by about 3 per cent earlier this week.

The Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (Iras) reviews property values every year using a mass appraisal system that bases the annual value on rents paid for similar homes nearby.

The slowing rental market has led it to reduce the annual values for 25.7 per cent of private homes from Jan 1 next year.

This is in contrast to the 2013 review for the 2014 levy when only 2 per cent of private homes had their annual values reduced.

This year's reductions come amid a cooling property market where vacancies - a forward indicator of falling rents - are rising.

This is good news for some but not all private home owners.

Oil trader David Goh, for example, has been sent his property tax bill, which has been unchanged for the last three years. Even if rents move down next year, the property tax he will pay over the next 12 months will not change.

Some feel that the volatility in the property market cannot be captured by annual reviews. Iras, however, pointed out that Hong Kong also reviews the annual values once a year while some countries have longer review cycles of three to five years.

Expediency must be a factor too, noted Rodyk & Davidson partner Lee Liat Yeang: "Maybe Iras could do a review twice a year. But if the administrative cost is high, is there any value in that?"

Some home owners said their annual values were skewed higher by neighbours who renovated their properties, raising the annual values for the rest of the street.

"In the past, there were more owner-occupiers," said Mr Goh, 54, who lives in a terrace unit in Holland Grove. "Now, I have three expat neighbours renting homes with swimming pools in their backyards."

Iras maintains that owners can raise objections if they believe there is an error in the annual value calculations, but a lack of good rental information has impeded some from taking that approach.

"It's not that the process is not transparent, but that both Iras and home owners are handicapped," said KPMG Singapore principal tax consultant Leung Yew Kwong. "It's impossible for Iras to go into every house to assess the condition it is in, and rental information is difficult for individuals to get."

Property taxes are also a sore point for some private home owners at the higher end of the rental market. This group says it has been paying higher levies since the Government introduced a more progressive property tax schedule at the start of this year.

Higher annual values should be a result of higher annual rents, but such properties are also more difficult to rent out in the soft real estate market.

"As you go up the annual value ladder, those in the high end are affected by a double whammy of high taxes and (no one to rent to)," said Mr Lee.

There are about 70,000 landed residential properties and 215,000 private high-rise flats here.

In the 12 months to March 31, property tax contributed $4.2 billion - 10 per cent of total tax revenue. Of that, taxes on private residences contributed $720 million, and Housing Board flats contributed $150 million.

- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/sin....WOJUq8Cc.dpuf

See how this shameless fellow tries to flip her PRATA?? LOL!!!

Property tax and AV like transport fare and GST, will only revised upwards, when did you ever see they revise downwards???
    I count myself lucky not to hold those 25% of properties with dropped AV. Dropping AV means their rental must have dropped by a lot! Ops!

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Default Civil servant confirms $1k/mth can afford 2 room flat, is this real???

Below from Asiaone forum...

Jacky, a family with no flat will also die with $1K hor!
    Protected December 10th, 2014 | Author: Editorial

Jacky Foo

Last week, the Consulate-General of Singapore to Hong Kong, Jacky Foo, rebutted Dr Chee’s article (“A New Vision for Singapore”, Nov. 28) in a letter to WSJ (‘Singapore’s consulate-general to HK rebuts Dr Chee‘).

A Consulate-General is a civil servant working under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Earlier this year in June, the PMO defended Jacky Foo’s action of responding to a foreign publication.

“When a foreign newspaper carries an article with misrepresentations about Singapore, it is important that our diplomatic representative defend Singapore’s interests by correcting misrepresentations and providing a balanced view. Our Consul-General in Hong Kong did just that when he responded to the South China Morning Post article,” said the PMO.

In any case, in his recent rebuttal to Dr Chee, Mr Foo said:

“He (Dr Chee) takes issue with income inequality in Singapore. Indeed it has increased, as it has in many other countries. But in Singapore, the low-income have access to high-quality education, health care and public housing, like other citizens.

Families earning just 1,000 Singapore dollars ($800) a month can afford to own a two-room apartment.”

According to the latest HDB BTO launch in November [Link], indeed, a Singaporean family can literally afford a 2-room HDB flat (Type 1 – 36 sqm) at $45,000 (after grants) in Sengkang Anchovale Fields. The monthly HDB instalment is stated as $159 (25-year loan).

For that matter, the family can also literally afford a 4-room HDB flat at $240,000 in Sembawang Sun Breeze because the stated monthly HDB instalment is only $967, less than the family’s income of $1,000.

However, common sense dictates that it would be impossible for the family to survive after paying the $967 monthly instalment. Hence, to truly afford a 2-room flat, the family must calculate its finances and make sure that it has enough money left to pay for their living expenses, after paying for the housing instalment.

Calculating living expenses for family with $1,000 monthly income

TRE then set out to interview various people including a provision shop owner to determine if a Singaporean family can truly “afford to own a two-room apartment”, after taking into account of the bare living expenses of a family consisting of a couple and a child toddler.

This is what we have determined by pushing to the limits:
    Detail Monthly Remark
    2-room monthly installment 159 Sengkang 2-room
    Electricity, water, gas (no telephone) 120 with a child, water consumption will be higher, e.g. need to boil water to sterilize milk bottle etc
    S&CC for 2-room flat 28 AMKTC charges $28 monthly for 2-room flat
    Toilet paper, toothpaste, washing detergent, dish detergent, floor detergent, soya sauce, black sauce, oil, rice, canned food, maggie mee, flour, salt, sugar, soap, margarine, tea leaf, condensed milk etc 200 shop at NTUC once a month (average of $50 a week)
    Fish, meat, veg, fruits, bread (for breakfast) etc 300 $10 a day (Take note of current wet market price – lean meat $15/kg, 1 egg $0.22, fish avg $10/kg, 1 duck $18, 1 piece of chicken breast $4 etc)

Personal
    Husband’s lunch while working 60 $2 mixed veg rice, $1 coffee ‘O’ for 20 working days
    Husband & wife’s Bus/MRT fare 150 husband $120 (working), wife $30 (move around)
    Husband’s hair cut 10 assume wife keeps long hair and doesn’t go to salon
    Husband & wife’s medical fee 10 assume a person sees doctor 3 times a year, each time $20 (polyclinic $11 for consultation only, medicine extra) – works out to $120 a year. This is for common ailment, like cough, cold, diarrhea etc.
    Husband & wife’s clothing, slippers, shoe, socks, undergarments etc 20 assume each person spends $120 per year – total $240 per year

child
    Milk power 100 2 tins (about $50 per tin)
    Diapers 35 $17.5 per pack with 48 pieces inside – 2 packs 96 pieces, assume 3 pieces per day
    Child’s medical fee 10 double that of adult – 6 times a year – 6 x $20 = $120 (polyclinic $11 for consultation only, medicine extra)
    Child’s clothing 10 $120 a year

Total excluding HDB mortgage 1053
    Total including HDB mortgage 1212

With a salary of $1,000, the take home pay is actually only $800. The monthly CPF is 370, consisting of $200 of employee’s contribution and $170 of employer’s contribution (employer’s contribution is 17% starting in 2015). Hence, the monthly CPF will be enough to pay for the instalment of their 2-room flat mortgage.

However, with $800 of take home pay, it is clearly not enough for the family to pay for the above monthly living expenses at $1,053. It is short of $253 every month. Either the family will have to cut down the above expenses further by $253 or they will have to make up for the shortfall from somewhere else.

Perhaps Mr Foo is expecting the family to eat bread and drink water everyday? That can help to save some $200-300 a month for sure.

Now, note that the above calculation has already made quite a number of generous assumptions. Many things have been excluded. For examples:

None of the family members has chronic illnesses like high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol, etc.
    No hospitalizations for anyone
    No entertainment – can only go to free venues like parks, museums, window shopping at malls etc.
    No overseas holiday – perhaps walk to Sentosa to see the big merlion from outside
    No Milo, no soft drinks, no liquor, no beer
    No newspaper
    Assets have not been taken into account (e.g. milk bottles, fridge, TV, fan, table, chairs, bed, mattress, bed sheets, pillows, blankets, mop, pails, cooking utensils, etc) – let’s assume all these were given by relatives when the couple were married
    We assume assets like TV/fridge/light bulbs/fan etc, won’t breakdown – any breakdowns will need money to either repair or buy replacements
    Etc (do help to fill in)

Talking to various people, it is found that in actual fact, the families who are really in such dire situation usually will make up for their couple hundreds of dollars of shortfall either from government or relatives’ handouts. Some will see MP every month to get vouchers and help. Others are funded by NGOs. In cases where the family has wealthier relatives, they may chip in to help.

Whatever the case is, it is safe to conclude that with a family income of $1,000 and living in a 2-room flat, it’s hard for the family to get by without handouts. The situation becomes even worse if the family has an elderly to support also.

Perhaps this is what Mr Foo wants to see, that the family will continue to get couple of hundreds of dollars of handouts from the government each month so that they will feel “indebted” and thank the government every month?

One of the people TRE talked to was a provision shop owner. When TRE told him what Mr Foo had said about surviving on $1,000 for a family living in a 2-room flat, he was visibly angered:

“Don’t say 2-room flat, even with no-room flat the family will also die with $1,000 a month!”

Going by the above calculation, the provision shop owner appears to be right.

Property tax and AV like transport fare and GST, will only revised upwards, when did you ever see they revise downwards???
    I count myself lucky not to hold those 25% of properties with dropped AV. Dropping AV means their rental must have dropped by a lot! Ops!

4 floor of whores? This everybody also knows, they are the high-class ones some more! No nuisance, don't create noise and disturb neighbours, regularly checked and confirm no diseases......

What is more scary are those ILLEGAL WHORE condos and apartments beside your house in JURONG that you least expect, and you chase also can't chase away, and they are ILLEGAL, and they bring in all kind of people and thugs and gangsters, and diseases, and they create nusiance, noise, etc! Even POLICE also can't do anything to help you, just like they can't do anything to the illegal loan sharks harassing you! Oh, I forgot that you are Ringo, who like the free "enjoyment" and the excitement from the "free" moaning "noise" coming from your neighbouring unit in JURONG! Oh my god! Don't know what to say!
    Teddybear do you call those whore at Orchard Tower as high class? Perhaps you have no class after all? LOL

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Ringo,
    You mad dog shamelessly barking every where?

What flip prata? What is wrong with flipping prata? You despice the Indians flipping prata??????

Oh by the way, CCR property prices already crashed!
    OCR property prices is falling faster than CCR NOW!
    Rental have been falling for all private properties, with OCR falling faster than CCR!
    So, it is strange that only about 25% of the private properties get their AV reduced!
    Don't you find it strange? Or you telling us that the rental statistics are fake hence said rental drop but yet don't reduce AV?

Green horn teaching ecperienced investor how to invest? Wow!
    They sure will die pain pain in 6 years time! For SURE because OCR private condos crashing!
    Teddybear, something is not right here, 1 WEEK ago you said that 2 to 3 years the price will drop by 20-30%,
    now you are saying 6 years. Why so ? Because lack of confident in your prediction so need to buy a bit of time? LOL!!

As we all know, OCR private condos are seriously OVER-PRICED!
    should see JGateway drop another 20-30% below $1400 psf in next 2-3 years!

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...623#post492623

Do you think rising interest rate will affect the sex industry? LOL
    After your thread "owners in the west beware" is shut down, you really gone nuts! Better seek help from woodsbridge hospital, please call 6389 2200 Mon – Fri to book appointment

Moderator, please ban ringo33, he seems to be suffering obsessive compulsive disorder, and needs cold turkey treatment

This is a property forum, why spend so much time talking about WHORE?

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybear
    4 floor of whores? This everybody also knows, they are the high-class ones some more! No nuisance, don't create noise and disturb neighbours, regularly checked and confirm no diseases......

What is more scary are those ILLEGAL WHORE condos and apartments beside your house in JURONG that you least expect, and you chase also can't chase away, and they are ILLEGAL, and they bring in all kind of people and thugs and gangsters, and diseases, and they create nusiance, noise, etc! Even POLICE also can't do anything to help you, just like they can't do anything to the illegal loan sharks harassing you! Oh, I forgot that you are Ringo, who like the free "enjoyment" and the excitement from the "free" moaning "noise" coming from your neighbouring unit in JURONG! Oh my god! Don't know what to say!

You should stop recommending people to check out prostitution.

Btw, how much did Teddybear pay you do be her DOG? LOL!!

You can go to Block 669B in Jurong

A man and three women were arrested on Tuesday for allegedly carrying out prostitution activities in a Housing Board flat in Jurong West.
    Neighbours had raised concerns that a brothel was being run in their midst.
    A spokesman for the police said they responded to a call for assistance at 8.45pm. They went to the fifth-storey flat at Block 669B, where the four suspects were arrested.
    The owner of the flat, who wanted to be known only as Madam Chai, told The Straits Times that she had rented the flat out to four men and two women on Monday for around $3,000 a month. They were all from China.
    The 60-year-old said: "In our contract, we stated that there must be no immoral activities. I did tell my neighbours to keep a lookout on the number of men and women entering the flat.
    "Now that police are involved, I chased the other tenants out immediately.
    "I don't want this sort of hanky-panky to happen again. I don't want to rent out my flat any more - once bitten, twice shy."
    One neighbour told Chinese evening daily Lianhe Wanbao that there are secondary schools in the vicinity, and he did not want students to be exposed to such illicit activities. He said he hoped that police will step up security in the estate.
    Police investigations are ongoing.
    The maximum penalty for living on a prostitute's earnings is a five-year jail term and $10,000 in fines

This article was first published on Sep 4, 2014.
    Get a copy of The Straits Times or go to straitstimes.com for more stories.
    - See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/crime/4....AbpjqRIr.dpuf

After your thread "owners in the west beware" is shut down, you really gone nuts! Better seek help from woodsbridge hospital, please call 6389 2200 Mon – Fri to book appointment

Moderator, please ban ringo33, he seems to be suffering obsessive compulsive disorder, and needs cold turkey treatment
    This is really hilarious.

Making fun of DARK SKIN and talking about WHORE in other thread is fine, but you are feeling uncomfortable talking about the same subject you always love in this thread?

And now asking moderator to ban those who speak your language?? LOL!!!

Are you a clone of Teddybear in disguised? EXPOSED!!!
    Last edited by Ringo33; 11-12-14 at 21:01.

Ringo,

Don't be such a liar and to show no integrity and no moral character here and trying to put words into other people's mouth!

When did I say I doesn't like dark skin? Please show evidence to back up your false allegation!

Teddybear, why do you have to be so RUDE??

ASSHOLE sign coming out??

This is getting hilarious! Lock, stock & barrel Ringgo?
    The harder you try the more "lau kui" you get.

Give it a rest and get some sleep. Poor boy

Quote Originally Posted by AssetRichMoneyPoor View Post
    This is getting hilarious! Lock, stock & barrel Ringgo?
    The harder you try the more "lau kui" you get.

Give it a rest and get some sleep. Poor boy

Whats the point of setting up so many forum account to amused yourself? Why not just use back REGULATORS or Patrickstar forum account since we all know you are the same guy who like to talk about SPERM and other vulgarity in this forum?

LOL. And btw, why do you even bother to post in this super boring thread?