Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: All bros/sis who aiming for FH landed - FALL IN

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    Don't anyhow buy JUST BECAUSE OF THE URGE.

Be very very patient, hang onto your $$$ and wait for the next big crisis to hit. If need be, move back to the HDB.

At current prices, it's even strechingggg it to get a decent size decent condition condo let alone landed. But I think the chances of prices softening gets higher with each passing day.

Please don't flame me if proven wrong as there are so many factors beyond our control and knowledge.
    tks sis who registered as a bro.......totally agree with u on that one....when i bought my hdb i loan 140k cos of grant...then i bought my pc i loan 450k....now thinking of loaning 1MILLION plus/minus.......wont flame you cos end of day we each are responsible for our own actions forum is a place to share ideas/knowledge...tks

There r too many neg news n public sentiment against rich PRs. Also not many major investment news. I might revise my projection downwards for landed properties. Property investment cld become a passing fad by e end of e year when most people realise e magnitude of new TOPs n govt strong intention to clamp down on price increase.

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    tks sis who registered as a bro.......totally agree with u on that one....when i bought my hdb i loan 140k cos of grant...then i bought my pc i loan 450k....now thinking of loaning 1MILLION plus/minus.......wont flame you cos end of day we each are responsible for our own actions forum is a place to share ideas/knowledge...tks
    Hi radha08, could you share with me your profile and household income so I can make a comparison and analysis with my situation. TIA.

Well, I'm also aiming for a landed home..

Mr. B told me to wait till End 2014.. Luxus Hill & Pavilion easily can get at $1.25M (50% off at current $2.5M)
    But if didn't fall to that level, he has promised me that he will top-up the "different$$"
    eg. If I only manage to get at $2.25M, he will top-up $1M for me.

So meanwhile I just have to wait lor..

radha08, my imagination of you is that you have seen it all... so, maybe only mr job's wisdom below can inspire you a bit?

====================================

Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life.

Because almost everything - all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.

Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.

Huh????

Haha... I think you may be misinterpreting Steve Jobs' intention in his speech. He is not talking about material possesions like a house....

Quote Originally Posted by limfc
    radha08, my imagination of you is that you have seen it all... so, maybe only mr job's wisdom below can inspire you a bit?

Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life.

Because almost everything - all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.

Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.

Quote Originally Posted by limfc

bro my outlook on life is simple....

life is like a game of SOCCER...except in LIFE its in years not MINUTES like soccer....

life: 1st HALF....0-45 years....work HARD...build your empire

2nd half 45 - 90 years cruise along HOLD on tight to your winnings...along the way u might get sick/disease(yellow carded)...BUT come back STRONGER...if the game doesnt end at 90...then you are in extra time....but ITS GOT TO ENDDDDDD....

so having said that i am just into 2nd half........and so was Mr Jobs....GOT money also NO use...ONE RED card and YOUR OUT...think about it...bro limfc or is it fclim........FC=Football Club

life is like a game of SOCCER...except in LIFE its in years not MINUTES like soccer....
    2nd half 45 - 90 years cruise along HOLD on tight to your winnings...along the way u might get sick/disease(yellow carded)...BUT come back STRONGER...if the game doesnt end at 90...then you are in extra time....but ITS GOT TO ENDDDDDD....
    so having said that i am just into 2nd half........and so was Mr Jobs....GOT money also NO use...ONE RED card and YOUR OUT...think about it...bro limfc or is it fclim........FC=Football Club
    LFC = Liverpool Football Club. Hehe.. But lim peh here not limfc hor....

Hi Bro radha08..... i like your soccer analogy!
    It is really appropriate.
    Just like to add to it.... your spouse is your team mate.
    How you play the game will also depend on her.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Hi Bro radha08..... i like your soccer analogy!
    It is really appropriate.
    Just like to add to it.... your spouse is your team mate.
    How you play the game will also depend on her.

Haha.. Yeah. Most of the time running up and down, sweating and chasing that elusive goal. Some even score own goal like the Mr. ? and his S friend..

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    LFC = Liverpool Football Club. Hehe.. But lim peh here not limfc hor....
    So you are the father of Radha08? LFC totally CMI this season lah... falling down the league table. 2nd half of table soon man! Can't wait for the season to end and MCFC to win league...

So who are your forwards, midfielder and defender? R u the skipper or you are ruled by someone else???

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    So you are the father of Radha08? LFC totally CMI this season lah... falling down the league table. 2nd half of table soon man! Can't wait for the season to end and MCFC to win league...
    Yah lor..Serves them right. Last time, my Lim bro offered $500M to buy them, oso dun wan..

Yah lor..Serves them right. Last time, my Lim bro offered $500M to buy them, oso dun wan..
    Wow, I didn't know you got so big time brother!
    Are you by any chance Paul?

Two little dicky birds sitting on a wall,

One named Peter, one named Paul.
    Fly away Peter, fly away Paul,

Come back Peter, come back Paul!

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Wow, I didn't know you got so big time brother!
    Are you by any chance Paul?

Two little dicky birds sitting on a wall,

One named Peter, one named Paul.
    Fly away Peter, fly away Paul,
    Come back Peter, come back Paul!

四海之内皆兄弟 mah. I know him, but he dunno me la.

四海之内皆兄弟 mah. I know him, but he dunno me la.
    Your 兄弟 is not any 兄弟 leh... he just give you 1% of his fortune and you can pay cash for a property in Sentosa cove already in cold hard cash still got change leh... This type of 兄弟 I also want!

The most successful investors are defined by their actions in a bear market, not a bull market.

1963... renovation will easily cost $250k... A&A will be about $500k... but I guess location is pretty decent... can check it out!

1963... renovation will easily cost $250k... A&A will be about $500k... but I guess location is pretty decent... can check it out!
    Ya boy.... interested party should call the agent to check it out.
    The dream of 1.5m for a FH landed house is here, if the advert is true.
    Check for
    1) Unit No.
    2) Facing
    3) Near main road or not.
    The most successful investors are defined by their actions in a bear market, not a bull market.

eh... sorry brudder, pai seh... i not really into soccer... if continue your example, since we all going to get red card sooner or later... why think so hard? just enjoy within means la... so, if you really really like landed and can afford it, just get it lor... nobody really know when red card will be given right, can be 45mins, 46 mins or heng heng survive until after 90+ mins? if you can fulfill one more dream before get red card, also good what, tio bo? hee hee hee....

Default I am puzzle

Could someone advise and enlighten me?

radha08's household income is around 10k. He has a HDB and renting a landed now.

Mine is around 7k with 2k rental income. I have a HDB flat and staying in it now.

However, when I aim for my 2nd property I recieved many cautious advices on getting one. But, I dun see the same for radha08.

Please enlighten me, what are the reasons for that disparity?

Scenario A : you have 1mil cash on hand and do not have any other outstanding loan and you do not have a job at the moment.

B: you have 200k cash on hand, 10k active income and you have 500k outstanding loan.

which one in a better position to buy a property?

quite near CTE though, and also seems that it is a small landed estate surrounded by high rise buildings. However it should be RCR if I'm not wrong.

quite near CTE though, and also seems that it is a small landed estate surrounded by high rise buildings. However it should be RCR if I'm not wrong.

As long as you can meet the downpayment, loan can be approved and can pay the monthly instalment for at least 5 years (provided your job is secured or you have cash reserves), just wack a FH/999 landed, cos price will sure go up!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    As long as you can meet the downpayment, loan can be approved and can pay the monthly instalment for at least 5 years (provided your job is secured or you have cash reserves), just wack a FH/999 landed, cos price will sure go up!
    Make that 10 years instead of 5...

Make that 10 years instead of 5...
    Wah! Super safe. Maybe make that the next CM.... Sure will stabilise price... More like crash market

Quote Originally Posted by stl67
    I am hoping to move to a bigger landed, inter terrace also can. But looks like miss e boat Liao.
    pardon my ignorance but wad's an inter-terrace (difference to that of terrace house or semi-d)?
    Last edited by Vincegoh; 01-06-12 at 14:01.

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    Could someone advise and enlighten me?

radha08's household income is around 10k. He has a HDB and renting a landed now.

Mine is around 7k with 2k rental income. I have a HDB flat and staying in it now.

However, when I aim for my 2nd property I recieved many cautious advices on getting one. But, I dun see the same for radha08.

Please enlighten me, what are the reasons for that disparity?
    i guess the difference is in terms of reserves radha has built up over the years. i like to think u are around the same age as me; hence cash reserves (unless u have rich parents and relatives) should be comparatively limited as of now.

my household income is more than twice yours and i'm still deliberating whether i can even afford a PC, what more a landed.

i guess for me, unless i have a good half mil in cash saved up and are able to maintain a household income of at least 25k, i will not dare to take the step to join the class of landed owners. but will always keep a lookout to acquire some market knowledge from the experts!

but yeah, it's always good to harbour the dream of owning a landed. helps to drive us to work harder to fulfill our dreams. but juz make sure u have your sums and cash flows carefully worked out to avoid becoming the next fire-sale victim.

huat arhh...