Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: All bros/sis who aiming for FH landed - FALL IN

Quote Originally Posted by KarenK
    hubby & me worked out our cashflow based on HL repayment at 3.5% for the next 30 years to be really sure that we can afford before we moved in for the purchase. on top of this I had other buffers around the figures. super duper conservative and kiasi.......
    I stress test it up to 4%, and even for PC I never take more then 70% in the past, now LTV of course its 60%.

hubby & me worked out our cashflow based on HL repayment at 3.5% for the next 30 years to be really sure that we can afford before we moved in for the purchase. on top of this I had other buffers around the figures. super duper conservative and kiasi.......
    might as well buy a 1mil ppty only when u hf 1mil? hehehe.....take 50% loan and keep 50% for buffer to pay maint fee, ppty tax blah blah

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    might as well buy a 1mil ppty only when u hf 1mil? hehehe.....take 50% loan and keep 50% for buffer to pay maint fee, ppty tax blah blah
    if u know the line I'm in, u will understand why I'm so kiasi lorrr.........
    seen too many cases that went wrong so must learn from others' mistakes.....

if u know the line I'm in, u will understand why I'm so kiasi lorrr.........
    seen too many cases that went wrong so must learn from others' mistakes.....
    oooo

u work for ah long.com isit

generally FH ppty be it condo/apts/landed, drop lesser during downturn and 99lh drop more (with exception of HDB) and 99LH landed drop the most (dun ask me for concrete data )

when economy picks up, anything also sell.....99lh landed. buyers aso consider jus like bro radha
    But then.... 99LH first to drop and last rise (if ever). Not very good for flipping leh...

From my limited experience post-97, I find the best flippers are 2-3 bdrm condos. FH/LH no difference. Idea is to change hands fast, once hit profit target sell and move on to next flip ppty. Till 2003, capital gains tax was still in force so no tax issue as a ppty trader. Beyond 2005, things were looking so rosy that selling was getting more difficult bcoz prices were going up and up.

Meanwhile, 99LH landed throughout these was lagging way behind. In fact I think Loyang Villas has not even recovered from its pre-97 prices. Same for the Kew area 99LH properties. Not very good for flipping I think.

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    But then.... 99LH first to drop and last rise (if ever). Not very good for flipping leh...

From my limited experience post-97, I find the best flippers are 2-3 bdrm condos. FH/LH no difference. Idea is to change hands fast, once hit profit target sell and move on to next flip ppty. Till 2003, capital gains tax was still in force so no tax issue as a ppty trader. Beyond 2005, things were looking so rosy that selling was getting more difficult bcoz prices were going up and up.

Meanwhile, 99LH landed throughout these was lagging way behind. In fact I think Loyang Villas has not even recovered from its pre-97 prices. Same for the Kew area 99LH properties. Not very good for flipping I think.
    Today, the term 'flip' takes on a whole new meaning as compared to pre 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Hi radha08.....
    My advice to you is No 4.

However if you really really want to stay in landed FH, then why don't you consider selling away your HDB and add it with the proceeds of your sold condo, maybe you will find it more comfortable to get a FH landed for about 2.3- 2.5 mil? Wanna be my future neighbour?
    thought about it many times...letting go my HDB...but the BENEFITS far outweigh the capital gain of selling my hdb....agreed by selling i will have a few more hundred K to plonk into a landed but after MANY MANY hours of thought the benefits of keeeping are that if i buy a landed and my monthly mortgage is 4k to 5k...HALF that amount comes from my HDB rental....also in any eventuality at least i still have my HDB to go back to if market crash or whatever..i can stay my HDB rent out my landed.....worse case scenario if PUSH comes to shove and the need arises i can sell my HDB...lastly my HDB sits along upper east coast next to TEMASEK pri i have a GUT feeling that the ERL might plant a MRT station at my door step...sigh and last last lastly...like my wife always says my HDB flat is where my children were born....sigh...so sentimentally/financially/spiritually.. ...must keep my HDB la....

Quote Originally Posted by bullman
    Personally, I only buy FH landed. LH landed has many downsides besides what the Devil has kindly pointed out, people buy them primarily because its cheaper than its nearby FH. Period.

Just a gentle reminder for those looking to buy a FH landed: In today's market, 2 Mil is the entry price of an original condition landed with a reasonable land size. You need to fork out at least 100-200k to refurbish it to an acceptable standard of living. For A&A, it will range from $250- $500 k. For rebuild, its 800-1mil. On top of that, one should be taking 50-60% loan on the land mortgage and a max of 50% for the construction loan, plus 3 years of mortgage payments based on 3.5% interest rate of spare cash as buffer.
    yup thats the SAD reality...

it goes to show bro bullman's pocket super deep deep

3yrs buffer at 3.5%....super conservative....but i like it
    In today's market, we are buying at peakish price, despite the 10-20% firesale discount that one may be able to sniff out. The risk is definitely higher than buying in the 2008-2009 period, especially the landed market.

My pocket not is as deep as yours bro. Anyway, the time to over-leverage is long gone, 3Q 2008 to 2Q2009 was the golden period. Currently practicing consolidation.

Older LH landed languishing.... look at Villa Verde, Loyang Villas....etc little upside.

If downturn, there are rich pickings everywhere, I wouldn't be trying to flip LH landed.
    i actually looking at KEW.. ....MORE specifically this ONE....

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...-sale-kew-walk

so NOW you all know why...

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Bro, 2 if you want to stay, experience quality landed lifestyle without blowing a bigger hole in your pocket. Buy 999 or FH landed provided u want to pass on to next generation...

Once you stay in landed, you will finding parking in condo and taking lift to condo a hassle..., that how I feel. :
    thats exactly how i feel from PC to rented landed currently thought of go back to PC..damm sianzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    thats exactly how i feel from PC to rented landed currently thought of go back to PC..damm sianzzzz
    Den u climb up and down in the hse not sian meh?

Oh it is so beautiful!

I thought I saw this ad a few months ago and it was going for more than 2 mil?
    Is this house more than 10 years old? If it is, then you should think hard about buying it. It may need some repairs here and there, espcially with plumbing and water proofing.

wah lao.. 99lh...

but i like the high ceiling!

Since you are buying for own stay, the considerations are quite different. It certainly is a beautiful house.

However consider this, at $2m if its the original owner I think he lost money, if I am not wrong the Kew semi-ds were going for $2.5m or more in '95 or '96. Going forward I am not sure about the price trajectory.

Good luck and happy house hunting!

You renting landed meh?

Quote Originally Posted by latour
    You renting landed meh?
    Yup mistake should have just rented apt so i dunno the landed feeling...

Since you are buying for own stay, the considerations are quite different. It certainly is a beautiful house.

However consider this, at $2m if its the original owner I think he lost money, if I am not wrong the Kew semi-ds were going for $2.5m or more in '95 or '96. Going forward I am not sure about the price trajectory.

Good luck and happy house hunting!

I check pass 2 years caveats price plus minus 2 mil so i thinking not so
    Bad...

Den u climb up and down in the hse not sian meh?
    Actually i more worried about wifi signal no signal how to come
    Forum tcss....

thought about it many times...letting go my HDB...but the BENEFITS far outweigh the capital gain of selling my hdb....agreed by selling i will have a few more hundred K to plonk into a landed but after MANY MANY hours of thought the benefits of keeeping are that if i buy a landed and my monthly mortgage is 4k to 5k...HALF that amount comes from my HDB rental....also in any eventuality at least i still have my HDB to go back to if market crash or whatever..i can stay my HDB rent out my landed.....worse case scenario if PUSH comes to shove and the need arises i can sell my HDB...lastly my HDB sits along upper east coast next to TEMASEK pri i have a GUT feeling that the ERL might plant a MRT station at my door step...sigh and last last lastly...like my wife always says my HDB flat is where my children were born....sigh...so sentimentally/financially/spiritually.. ...must keep my HDB la....
    I was once thinking along the same line for a FH landed, finally decided to keep HDB for rental since its two blocks away from MRT station. In the mind still thinking of a FH/999 landed, but no to LH99 and clustered houses.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Oh it is so beautiful!

I thought I saw this ad a few months ago and it was going for more than 2 mil?
    Is this house more than 10 years old? If it is, then you should think hard about buying it. It may need some repairs here and there, espcially with plumbing and water proofing.
    Its actually a muslim house so i guess pretty ok cos our muslim
    Bros well known to take care of their stuff anyway c how maybe
    Tis weekend go look c...

Swee, beautiful... nice.

Its actually a muslim house so i guess pretty ok cos our muslim
    Bros well known to take care of their stuff anyway c how maybe
    Tis weekend go look c...
    their 99lease starting from?

like it jus buy lor.....only live once....$$ is secondary

20-30yrs later, ur kids may say y dad buy a 99LH landed last time?

Is LH landed that bad? at least no maintenance fee as compared to condo right? For retirement, is it still worth it to buy FH landed if one has no kids to pass the property on to?

Quote Originally Posted by bigapplefan
    Is LH landed that bad? at least no maintenance fee as compared to condo right? For retirement, is it still worth it to buy FH landed if one has no kids to pass the property on to?
    let say oredi half dead wif no kids...just go for rental la....hehehe

let say oredi half dead wif no kids...just go for rental la....hehehe
    Or check myself into nursing home..
    Sigh haha

Quote Originally Posted by bigapplefan
    If you are looking for space and buying for own stay and not really thinking about selling for a gain or investment value then by all means indulge in one.

BUT if you want to have a piece of land to call your own and pass down for generations to come with potential for upside, then go for FH or 999 yrs.

For 99LH, the value drops very fast once it has less than 70 yrs left. Banks also are less keen to lend when the property reaches that threshold. The value really plummets exponentially as the property ages.. The probability of gahment reclaiming the land and not renewing the lease is much higher than say a large condo devpt. Its worse if the lease is given by a private entity (FE for e.g.) You can be sure that they will reclaim the land for sure.

Here's an example of a landed with only 9 yrs lease left. Price??? $358psf

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...ang-kallang-bo
    Last edited by proper-t; 30-03-12 at 16:09.

Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    If you are looking for space and buying for own stay and not really thinking about selling for a gain or investment value then by all means indulge in one.

BUT if you want to have a piece of land to call your own and pass down for generations to come with potential for upside, then go for FH or 999 yrs.

For 99LH, the value drops very fast once it has less than 70 yrs left. Banks also are less keen to lend when the property reaches that threshold. The value really plummets exponentially as the property ages.. The probability of gahment reclaiming the land and not renewing the lease is much higher than say a large condo devpt. Its worse if the lease is given by a private entity (FE for e.g.) You can be sure that they will reclaim the land for sure.

Here's an example of a landed with only 9 yrs lease left. Price??? $358psf

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...ang-kallang-bo
    True la, why would private developer top up the lease..

Actually i more worried about wifi signal no signal how to come
    Forum tcss....
    Ahha apparently u can cable connect more than 1 router in serial.. That way u have 1 Internet plan but can have many stable hot spots in ur house.

their 99lease starting from?

like it jus buy lor.....only live once....$$ is secondary

20-30yrs later, ur kids may say y dad buy a 99LH landed last time?
    i think thats about the time to buy paper house for me...