Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: COE $82k. Still cheap?

Default COE $82k. Still cheap?

Comparing with 1994's high of 110k

Considering inflation and comparing with 1994, it is still v cheap. However, in absolute figures, its threading on ridiculous levels already.

My hongkong friends says that Singapore COE is still very cheap compare to hongkong where only really "rich' people can own car !

How come my car trade in value nvr increase one!

Gona be my first virgin time driving a car till scrap liao.....wakakakaka

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    How come my car trade in value nvr increase one!

Gona be my first virgin time driving a car till scrap liao.....wakakakaka
    my car only left 2 years. siao liao

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Considering inflation and comparing with 1994, it is still v cheap. However, in absolute figures, its threading on ridiculous levels already.
    Hahaha, Early morning FB got flooded with tonnes of complaints about COE @ such prices. Wonder what happened in 1994.

Quote Originally Posted by price
    Hahaha, Early morning FB got flooded with tonnes of complaints about COE @ such prices. Wonder what happened in 1994.
    I heard ppl flip cars during tat period! Wakakaka tio fried deep deep for those who hold the last baby at 110k coe

I heard ppl flip cars during tat period! Wakakaka tio fried deep deep for those who hold the last baby at 110k coe
    Cars also can flip 1 meh? I thought once pass onto first buyer Depreciation is crazy

Cars also can flip 1 meh? I thought once pass onto first buyer Depreciation is crazy
    Bcoz coe keep increasing.....den some of them keep changing new cars la.....can even make small profit for their trade in car.....but very silly one la.....

We are very likely to surpass $110k Cat B COE next year once the COE quota is cut. Cat A will swell as people downgrade from Cat B. Situation is getting bad...

Now Toyota no 120k no talk?

Now Toyota no 120k no talk?
    Swift sport oredi 10xk......omg!

You want to flip? Buy now... when COE hits $120k next year, you've gained $35k in one year. Consider depreciation even at $30k/yr, you can still sell your car @ a profit of $5k same time next year. Lol!

You want to flip? Buy now... when COE hits $120k next year, you've gained $35k in one year. Consider depreciation even at $30k/yr, you can still sell your car @ a profit of $5k same time next year. Lol!
    Use $120k to earn 5K through such risks? 120k can very easily get u another $5k in a year!

Use $120k to earn 5K through such risks? 120k can very easily get u another $5k in a year!
    Lol.... ok... returns may even be 10k... whatever...

in 1994 people page their friend then kao pay kao bu.

COE prices up... even motor insurance companies are making profits... car owners are therefore the greatest losers...

Last year, the local motor insurance industry achieved an underwriting profit of S$21.2 million.

Before you can digest these price hikes, fuel prices also climbed and still climbing...

masses and middle class are unhappy with transport matters? MRT breakdown again, again and again, now become norm. COE and cost relating to owning a car up & up, becoming more & more out of reach of middle class. next GE how? SME also upset, Goods Vehicle COE so high now, difficult to survive. Many may just be upset over these matters...; another reason to vote & repent?

Any idea when the new Lexus IS will be launching?

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Any idea when the new Lexus IS will be launching?
    you called borneo yet? how COE can come down when you're still bio-ing cars like IS.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    you called borneo yet? how COE can come down when you're still bio-ing cars like IS.
    Read in article around 2014, not confirmed leh. Okay, tmr will go and disturb car agent...

Read in article around 2014, not confirmed leh. Okay, tmr will go and disturb car agent...
    2014?! a bit early to be bio-ing right? are the sneak peak designs even out yet??

2014?! a bit early to be bio-ing right? are the sneak peak designs even out yet??
    Everything under cover leh, so really don't know. Toyota has been shifting its focus to Lexus and hybrids. It's bread and butter Toyota CMI in terms of design and technology breakthrough.

Everything under cover leh, so really don't know. Toyota has been shifting its focus to Lexus and hybrids. It's bread and butter Toyota CMI in terms of design and technology breakthrough.
    as long as the car doesn't need me to send in for some ad hoc repairs within the first 6 months, i'll be very happy liao. my colleague just kenna one, 2 times send back to workshop within 6 months. it was a continental brand...

reliability is above all else for me. i don't need breakthrough technology...

but speaking of which, i hear their hybrid technology is pretty good.

and if you talk about design, their new mark x is actually quite nice, but the lower models can't seem to make it... the new camry looks kinda promising so far though.

as long as the car doesn't need me to send in for some ad hoc repairs within the first 6 months, i'll be very happy liao. my colleague just kenna one, 2 times send back to workshop within 6 months. it was a continental brand...

reliability is above all else for me. i don't need breakthrough technology...

but speaking of which, i hear their hybrid technology is pretty good.

and if you talk about design, their new mark x is actually quite nice, but the lower models can't seem to make it... the new camry looks kinda promising so far though.
    To design vios to camry, toyota juz pressed e resize button.

I agree, and when it got to mark x, the design team suddenly woke up!

Only bio... not buy... me also bioing lots of cars... only bio.

Its small medium and large size for vios, altis and camry.

I agree, and when it got to mark x, the design team suddenly woke up!
    The previous Mark X design was v sleek and nice too. Think Borneo pump in more for this model. In fact, that previous Mark X design was in the market over 2 generations of Camry. Has great appeal to drivers.

The previous Mark X design was v sleek and nice too. Think Borneo pump in more for this model. In fact, that previous Mark X design was in the market over 2 generations of Camry. Has great appeal to drivers.
    I heard Mark X was rumored to be a Lexus, but eventually the design went over to Toyota when the Lexus division was created. That's why it is in a class of its own. Savings hard now for the COE (not even the car yet) haha