Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: COE $82k. Still cheap?

Try $84k for big cars and $85k for open category...

Ups again eh?

Time for everybody to ride motorcycles ...soon Singapore will become like Ho chi minh city...

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Ups again eh?
    Told u COE will hit $100k soon... Wait until August when supply is halved..

And it reached a new peak just nice on the day mkt sentiment worsens significantly.. Hmm does it imply beginning of the downturn?

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Time for everybody to ride motorcycles ...soon Singapore will become like Ho chi minh city...
    Motorized bicycle better - no need COE!

Heh, so $82k is cheap

Quote Originally Posted by price
    Heh, so $82k is cheap
    I agree. The COE should shoot up end of this year once the quota is cut in Aug. This will drive properties near MRT stations and good schools up.

We all read Tharman's speech yesterday. The supply of COEs will not increase just to placate a car starved nation. Improving public transport will be the main objective. Not just MRT, but buses, taxis etc as well.

May well have those small private buses operating in the estates to shuttle residents to MRT stations and around, like in HK, leaving SMRT and Comfort Delgro to focus on the MRT and main bus services.

SHHHH the trick is buy from DIRECT owner...buy car left 2 years...get yourself a GOOD mechanic...and voila...u be cruisin with minimum $$ and achieving maximun mileage...tahts what me and my wife doing 2 cars with about $800 Dep a Month... ...and WE talking 2 RESPECTABLE japanese hatchbacks...honda/suzuki...

Not been keeping abreast of car market but I noticed that all the transfer fee in sgcarmart for all cars are currently at only $11. Why huh?

Mr Tharman S. whisper this during Budget, u miss it?

"The Additional Transfer Fee, or ATF, is levied on used-vehicle transactions at 2% of the vehicle value at the point of transfer. Arising from feedback from the public and the motor industry, the Government has reviewed and decided that the ATF is no longer necessary. I will therefore abolish the ATF, starting tomorrow. This is estimated to cost the Government $70 million per annum in revenue forgone "

As announced by the Minister for Finance during Budget 2012, the Additional Transfer Fee for the transfer of vehicle registration will be removed with effect from 18 February 2012. In addition, the Transfer Fee for all vehicles will be revised to $11. These changes will apply to all transfers of vehicle registration effected on or after 18 February 2012.

U going to upsize ur car soon?

Quote Originally Posted by maisonjai
    Mr Tharman S. whisper this during Budget, u miss it?

"The Additional Transfer Fee, or ATF, is levied on used-vehicle transactions at 2% of the vehicle value at the point of transfer. Arising from feedback from the public and the motor industry, the Government has reviewed and decided that the ATF is no longer necessary. I will therefore abolish the ATF, starting tomorrow. This is estimated to cost the Government $70 million per annum in revenue forgone "

As announced by the Minister for Finance during Budget 2012, the Additional Transfer Fee for the transfer of vehicle registration will be removed with effect from 18 February 2012. In addition, the Transfer Fee for all vehicles will be revised to $11. These changes will apply to all transfers of vehicle registration effected on or after 18 February 2012.
    Thx for the clarification... Missed it totally...

U going to upsize ur car soon?
    Maybe.... another 3 years' lifespan for 1st COE. Not too sure if I should wait out... COE price! Housing price! Did we choose to live in such a high cost society? Are we responsible for such a current predicament or is it too much to ask our policy makers to help us out?

Today another round of bidding.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Maybe.... another 3 years' lifespan for 1st COE. Not too sure if I should wait out... COE price! Housing price! Did we choose to live in such a high cost society? Are we responsible for such a current predicament or is it too much to ask our policy makers to help us out?
    Wah....
    <1.6 $64,201
    >1.6 $91,000
    'open $92.010
    3 years can wait out, in 2~3 years will down 30%<...heehee sounds familiar?
    90k can dress up my place like a showflat liao, spending on a coe not for me leh cos pocket not so deep. 1 sheet of A4 paper 0.75sqft 10yr LH...haha

90k can let u take $24.65 taxi fare daily for 10 years.

Wah....
    <1.6 $64,201
    >1.6 $91,000
    'open $92.010
    3 years can wait out, in 2~3 years will down 30%<...heehee sounds familiar?
    90k can dress up my place like a showflat liao, spending on a coe not for me leh cos pocket not so deep. 1 sheet of A4 paper 0.75sqft 10yr LH...haha
    Home prices up, COE aka car prices up, transport fares up, oil prices up, food prices up, how come salary no up? When people complain, others will say govt don't owe us a living but where to draw the line? Its no longer a matter of owe or no owe. At this type of living expenses, are we still wrong to ask for help?

Home prices up, COE aka car prices up, transport fares up, oil prices up, food prices up, how come salary no up? When people complain, others will say govt don't owe us a living but where to draw the line? Its no longer a matter of owe or no owe. At this type of living expenses, are we still wrong to ask for help?
    Ok bro, u write in ST forum ask for Cooling Measure for car, i support...40% Dp for cars, SSD below 4yrs etc.
    But garman always focus on core inflation only leh.

forget to add god bless singapore...

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Where is the cooling measure for COE? We need more COEs, more & wider roads, better public transport with no Breakdown as cooling measures!

category C so ex .. taxi so ex ... biz cost up up up ... they will sooner or later transfer the cost to consumer

Inflation will hit big time this year, guarantee > 5% liao
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Gov just made 100mil in one day, more than it collected as ABSD for 3months

Did Tharman budget all this in ? Looks like this year he will have a super surplus.

Come Aug when the COE quota is further slashed, the previous COE record will surely be broken... the funny truth is our lovely MIW can explain very convincingly the reason for slashing the COE number coz of less deregistration, etc but they don't address the undesirable effects that come along with it. Citizens no choice have to bear the brunt of this policy.

They just say too expensive then don't buy car. Take the public transport which fails as often as my need to top up fuel for my car... just 2 days back and today again train failure... my colleague mentioned that last time take train to school for your exams is safer than taking bus/car coz of traffic jam, etc but no longer so... also the call system for taxi is also recently challenged... don't drive car, can't take public transport (including Taxi) then just walk to work or luggi better, work from home lor?

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Gov just made 100mil in one day, more than it collected as ABSD for 3months

Did Tharman budget all this in ? Looks like this year he will have a super surplus.
    LTA has the best printer in the world other then the one in FED.

LTA has the best printer in the world other then the one in FED.
    FED flushes the markets with liquidity....

LTA soaks up liquidity....

Where got same....

Maybe that's the garment's way to dealing with excess liquidity

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    FED flushes the markets with liquidity....

LTA soaks up liquidity....

Where got same....

Maybe that's the garment's way to dealing with excess liquidity
    u are right, COE 1pc exchange for USD100 720pcs....our's better in performance. GLS plots are soaking up a lot of liquidity too.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Worst still, for past 15 years when population increased by 30%, COE increased by 30%, road network and throughput only increase like 3%?
    We are paying for their inefficiency and incapability / inaction and they sit there and can make more money and claim credit for bringing in more revenue from COE, ERP, car park fees etc etc?

Come Aug when the COE quota is further slashed, the previous COE record will surely be broken... the funny truth is our lovely MIW can explain very convincingly the reason for slashing the COE number coz of less deregistration, etc but they don't address the undesirable effects that come along with it. Citizens no choice have to bear the brunt of this policy.

They just say too expensive then don't buy car. Take the public transport which fails as often as my need to top up fuel for my car... just 2 days back and today again train failure... my colleague mentioned that last time take train to school for your exams is safer than taking bus/car coz of traffic jam, etc but no longer so... also the call system for taxi is also recently challenged... don't drive car, can't take public transport (including Taxi) then just walk to work or luggi better, work from home lor?