Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: COE $82k. Still cheap?

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    I heard Mark X was rumored to be a Lexus, but eventually the design went over to Toyota when the Lexus division was created. That's why it is in a class of its own. Savings hard now for the COE (not even the car yet) haha
    I will not be surprised if what you said is true...

Yeah won't be surprising, there is a certain degree of cutting edge to it.

mark x handling quite bad.....actually lexus aso same same.....steering wheel no feel at all

one thing gd abt lexus is the super quiet cabin.....gd for those sedate drivers.....

To design vios to camry, toyota juz pressed e resize button.
    its the same across other brands wat

it shd be like tat....continuality of the brand's DNA mah.....how can every model be vastly different in design rite?

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    I agree, and when it got to mark x, the design team suddenly woke up!
    mark x only looks great when compared to camry hor.....

wakakakaka

Any idea when the new Lexus IS will be launching?
    not so soon la....rumored to be 2014....

buy new GS la but too me it looks weird.....expect new IS to be similar in design too

lexus retain same engine rite for GS....so boring

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    not so soon la....rumored to be 2014....

buy new GS la but too me it looks weird.....expect new IS to be similar in design too

lexus retain same engine rite for GS....so boring
    IS will be my next car! I still rem 2009 the car agent offered IS 250 for <$110k to me but I din take up as I just ordered another car. Now IS is >$210k.

mark x only looks great when compared to camry hor.....

wakakakaka
    Bro, C180, BMW 3, Audi A4, or maybe Volvo S60 (But now China brand )? Which will u pick?

IS will be my next car! I still rem 2009 the car agent offered IS 250 for <$110k to me but I din take up as I just ordered another car. Now IS is >$210k.
    where got so big difference of 100k? COE up by 75k max only wat....

u compared basic with luxury pricing isit.....ur 110k is basic model and after discount whereas 210k is luxury model b4 discount?

IS super boring.....2.5V6 is so outdated liao.....but i must say their seats very comfy anf cabin super quiet.....gd to be chauffered ard but definitely not a driver's car....wakakakaka

where got so big difference of 100k? COE up by 75k max only wat....

u compared basic with luxury pricing isit.....ur 110k is basic model and after discount whereas 210k is luxury model b4 discount?

IS super boring.....2.5V6 is so outdated liao.....but i must say their seats very comfy anf cabin super quiet.....gd to be chauffered ard but definitely not a driver's car....wakakakaka
    Ya, waiting for a new engine but read that it might be 4 cylinders. Too much TCSS here. Back to work already. C u guys!

Quote Originally Posted by price
    Bro, C180, BMW 3, Audi A4, or maybe Volvo S60 (But now China brand )? Which will u pick?
    i tested all the above b4.....

my pick will be latest 3 series!(haven test drive but i heard much better den older 3 series!!!) but the pricing aso the highest.....new 320 oredi >200k lor....disgusting......

c180 vs A4 1.8T vs S60 1.6.....i will choose C180 bcoz of the 7Gtronic gearbox and rear wheel drive

s60 seats very comfy but totally lousy handling.....FWD and steering wheel no feel.....

A4 slightly better handling den S60 but their CVT gearbox sucks big time (minimally must get their A4 2.0T wif 7sp dual clutch but den shd compared wif S60 2.0 and C200/C250 and BMW 328 liao)

i tested all the above b4.....

my pick will be latest 3 series!(haven test drive but i heard much better den older 3 series!!!) but the pricing aso the highest.....new 320 oredi >200k lor....disgusting......

c180 vs A4 1.8T vs S60 1.6.....i will choose C180 bcoz of the 7Gtronic gearbox and rear wheel drive

s60 seats very comfy but totally lousy handling.....FWD and steering wheel no feel.....

A4 slightly better handling den S60 but their CVT gearbox sucks big time (minimally must get their A4 2.0T wif 7sp dual clutch but den shd compared wif S60 2.0 and C200/C250 and BMW 328 liao)
    Wah 320 so exp now? My buddy just bought a 323i (PI) convertible @ 200k leh? Maybe 1 month ago? Are your prices from Performance?

I'm seeing more and more S60s around these days. Perhaps the price tag lowest tats why?

Haha your analysis is based on actual driving feel. Mine was based on brand name and looks. That's why i picked the 180

Shall go test drive the new bm3!

Wah 320 so exp now? My buddy just bought a 323i (PI) convertible @ 200k leh? Maybe 1 month ago? Are your prices from Performance?

I'm seeing more and more S60s around these days. Perhaps the price tag lowest tats why?

Haha your analysis is based on actual driving feel. Mine was based on brand name and looks. That's why i picked the 180

Shall go test drive the new bm3!
    my pricing is based on latest new 3 series hor.....who is interested wif 323i anymore??? detuned 2.5L inline6 .....smooth engine but simply no power liao.....turbo is the way to go

to be exact new 320 cost i tink 21xk now after less.....crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

funny leh....if based on brand/looks.....volvo definitely OUT liao.....and tot for a yng chap of 24yo shd go for A4 for the bling bling LED lights rite? wakakaka....merc abit ah pek for 24yo leh.....wakakakaka

u shd go for A5 1.8T coupe PI for the best looks and pocket frenly.....

my pricing is based on latest new 3 series hor.....who is interested wif 323i anymore??? detuned 2.5L inline6 .....smooth engine but simply no power liao.....turbo is the way to go

to be exact new 320 cost i tink 21xk now after less.....crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

funny leh....if based on brand/looks.....volvo definitely OUT liao.....and tot for a yng chap of 24yo shd go for A4 for the bling bling LED lights rite? wakakaka....merc abit ah pek for 24yo leh.....wakakakaka

u shd go for A5 1.8T coupe PI for the best looks and pocket frenly.....
    Me no like 2 doors Gotta ferry my mummy around wat.

Ya many ppl say i like ah pek cars. But I guess i'm just biased towards merc. lol

Dont think A4 is nice leh. Maybe S5

Me no like 2 doors Gotta ferry my mummy around wat.

Ya many ppl say i like ah pek cars. But I guess i'm just biased towards merc. lol

Dont think A4 is nice leh. Maybe S5
    to me A4 definitely more hippy den C .....LOL

tats y i recommend u to go for A5 coupe mah for best looks....got A5 SB wat....4seater

the new facelifted A5 SB ok leh....although i prefer the older one

no nid to waste $$ on S5.....gers aso duno u pay alot more for it and in SG, 3L v6 supercharged is way way overkill

but den i nrly got myself a 2nd hand S5 V8 last yr......the V8 engine sound STEAM MAN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    COE prices up... even motor insurance companies are making profits... car owners are therefore the greatest losers...

Last year, the local motor insurance industry achieved an underwriting profit of S$21.2 million.

Before you can digest these price hikes, fuel prices also climbed and still climbing...
    Signs that crude futures may hit much higher levels are converging, say oil traders and analysts, some of whom predict that Brent (Intercontinental Exchange Europe: LCOCV1) crude could reach $200 a barrel within the next 12 months.

Singapore based cars are no longer for everybody liao...

Signs that crude futures may hit much higher levels are converging, say oil traders and analysts, some of whom predict that Brent (Intercontinental Exchange Europe: LCOCV1) crude could reach $200 a barrel within the next 12 months.

I hope this triggers scrapping of cars.

actually crude oil prices haven catch up wif inflation yet...tats wat i read somewhr....

remember in 2008, there is a spike in oil prices? den later on lehman bro burst and oil px crash down to below $40

I hope this triggers scrapping of cars.
    And our lovely govt still wants to trim the number of COEs to be given out? Sure got problem lah... its a vicious cycle. The higher the COE prices, the more people will hold on to their older cars which will in turn further reduce the number of certificates available. Then this will further drive the COE prices and here we go again. The rules of the game must change lah...

actually crude oil prices haven catch up wif inflation yet...tats wat i read somewhr....

remember in 2008, there is a spike in oil prices? den later on lehman bro burst and oil px crash down to below $40
    2 ways to look at this... inflation rates are too high so its a good thing to have that little bit more of breathing space if oil prices have caught up or oil prices are catchin up too quickly and it might well overtake inflation rate to push it further up up up... .

And our lovely govt still wants to trim the number of COEs to be given out? Sure got problem lah... its a vicious cycle. The higher the COE prices, the more people will hold on to their older cars which will in turn further reduce the number of certificates available. Then this will further drive the COE prices and here we go again. The rules of the game must change lah...
    COE reduction is the way to go.....

perhaps they shd hf more categories for COE quota.....2nd car onwards per household liao bid under another category.....taxis applicable too?

COE reduction and lots more MRT lines coming up simply means our MIW will push for higher population......gd for landlords lor....

perhaps they shd hf more categories for COE quota.....2nd car onwards per household liao bid under another category.....taxis applicable too?

COE reduction and lots more MRT lines coming up simply means our MIW will push for higher population......gd for landlords lor....
    Good point... hmmm... buy property better than buy cars... Lol!

No choice. Last few years too liberal and car population exploded.

The higher the price of a car, the higher its status symbol. Only the rich can afford and many people will still chase for it, like private condos. Poor people go public, in housing and transport.

Good idea on the 2nd car COE category. The rich gets richer and splurge on cars!

Good idea on the 2nd car COE category. The rich gets richer and splurge on cars!
    No difference wat. Total number of COEs must still remain the same. 1st car lagi siong with less COEs since some will be diverted to other cat.

Anyway, how to tell if it is 2nd car? 1st car, husband. 2nd car, wife. 3rd car, mother. etc...

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    No choice. Last few years too liberal and car population exploded.

The higher the price of a car, the higher its status symbol. Only the rich can afford and many people will still chase for it, like private condos. Poor people go public, in housing and transport.
    So govt budget pump in so much more into our transport system to cater to the middle class Singaporeans who will soon not afford a car liao.. hmmm...

No difference wat. Total number of COEs must still remain the same. 1st car lagi siong with less COEs since some will be diverted to other cat.

Anyway, how to tell if it is 2nd car? 1st car, husband. 2nd car, wife. 3rd car, mother. etc...
    1 car per household/same address lah

of coz same number of COE.....aiyo u dun get the idea.....lol

Maybe set some HDB similar rulings. Form Family nucleus to be eligible to buy cars.

2nd car category supply less COEs lor? So the prices of this cat of COE will be super sky high. lol

So govt budget pump in so much more into our transport system to cater to the middle class Singaporeans who will soon not afford a car liao.. hmmm...
    SBS and SMRT buses need COE anot har? 900 additional buses to compete...