Thread: Westvale up for en bloc sale

Default Westvale up for en bloc sale

SINGAPORE: Westvale Condominium at Pasir Panjang Road has been put up for collective sale with an indicative price tag of S$85.5 million.

The 62,710-square-foot freehold site has a potential gross floor area of 96,574 square feet, inclusive of 10 per cent balcony space, and an allowable building height of up to five storeys.

The indicative price works out to be about S$892 per square foot per plot ratio. There is also a development charge on the property of S$625,000.

Currently, the condo has a total of 32 strata walk-up apartments and over 80 per cent of the owners have consented to the sale.

Westvale Condominum's marketing agent Jones Lang LaSalle said 115 residential units, with an average size of 800 square feet each, could potentially be built on the site.

The site is adjacent to the National University of Singapore Campus, the National University Hospital and the Singapore Science Parks.

Mr Nicholas Ng, Associate Director of Investments at Jones Lang LaSalle said, "The site is strategically located along Singapore's 'Technology Corridor' and NUS. It is also a stone's throw away from the newly completed Haw Par Villa MRT Station.

"Given the limited freehold land supply in this mature residential estate, we are expecting a healthy response from developers."

The tender will close at 3pm on April 19.

- CNA/wm

Since I am vested in this area, the success of the en-bloc is good news. However, from a personal viewpoint, I am saddened that the era of huge spacious livable units had passed. Viewed a unit there two years back. The bedrooms were extremely large, 2000sqft unit with only 3 bedrooms and 1 store. The new condo that rises from its ashes will have the same 3 bedrooms with 1 store, but confined to 800sqft of space.

I'm also vested in the area but I reckon the asking is too high and EB activity too low. Success will be challenging. But I agree with your other point - so we should enjoy and be thankful for our spacious living.

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    Since I am vested in this area, the success of the en-bloc is good news. However, from a personal viewpoint, I am saddened that the era of huge spacious livable units had passed. Viewed a unit there two years back. The bedrooms were extremely large, 2000sqft unit with only 3 bedrooms and 1 store. The new condo that rises from its ashes will have the same 3 bedrooms with 1 store, but confined to 800sqft of space.