Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 61116171819202122232425263136 ... LastLast

Thread: Eight Riversuites @ Whampoa East Road (United Engineer Group LH 99 Years)

Quote Originally Posted by ekl2ekl2
    Probably one of the reasons.

BR 200plus sqfeet 700 units.

But city square residences 200k sq feet >900units, have not heard people say it is over-crowded.
    CSR don't have 3 rows of town houses to clog up the open space....

Imagine the 3 rows stacked on top of each other and the space that will free up....

The plus point of this development is unblocked from mid to high level. Nowadays blocks are so closely spaced in many new development, you will feel more cramped in such development though the land area is bigger.

Heard that they are marketing the cluster houses in China now I guess that's the only way to move those houses!

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger
    Heard that they are marketing the cluster houses in China now I guess that's the only way to move those houses!
    i think the units here will start selling after Potong Pasir's 3 plots are launched.

Quote Originally Posted by price
    i think the units here will start selling after Potong Pasir's 3 plots are launched.
    8RS is so bloody packed and crammed...in my opinion, it's definitely not a good buy. 800 plus units in such small area. Layout of the apartments is crappy as well.

Just went to the showroom a couple of weeks ago, there is basically no one in the showroom... swatting houseflies.

Quote Originally Posted by Estrangable
    8RS is so bloody packed and crammed...in my opinion, it's definitely not a good buy. 800 plus units in such small area. Layout of the apartments is crappy as well.

Just went to the showroom a couple of weeks ago, there is basically no one in the showroom... swatting houseflies.
    yea and thats why the only reason why it'll start moving is because its prices will slowly become "cheap" compared to the other nearby projects. That's what happened to Parc Vera, or even Minton

Quote Originally Posted by Congress
    The plus point of this development is unblocked from mid to high level. Nowadays blocks are so closely spaced in many new development, you will feel more cramped in such development though the land area is bigger.
    It's unblocked front and back with views of the flyers and city. If you look at many of the other recent condos, you are looking at someone else living room.

I agreed with Hovivi. Projects like Parc Rosewood, Eco & A Treasure Trove buildings are very close & near to each other. But still selling very well. 8 Riversuites developer is not so aggressive, maybe that is why the project is moving slow. But I see this as a next Bartley Residences. BR also moving slow but pick up very fast recent months. Ppl will start to look for bargain. Like what Price has said, this project will start to move then.

saw the extra 2% discount for buyers who buy 2 units. anyone interested in pairing up here? lol

Quote Originally Posted by price
    saw the extra 2% discount for buyers who buy 2 units. anyone interested in pairing up here? lol
    they have to do more, -2% but 6% stamp duty

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    they have to do more, -2% but 6% stamp duty
    yea i recall Minton doing a 5% cut for all units and then sales picked up very fast!

Ok quite a few negative comments on this project, but everything has its price. In light of all the shortcomings, what do people here think would be a good price (in terms of psf) for a 3-BR (980sf), Lvl 6-10?

Ok quite a few negative comments on this project, but everything has its price. In light of all the shortcomings, what do people here think would be a good price (in terms of psf) for a 3-BR (980sf), Lvl 6-10?
    Looking at the prices suburb condos are selling, I would say $1.3 million would be a very good deal for 8RS for the size and floor u mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by timmy
    Looking at the prices suburb condos are selling, I would say $1.3 million would be a very good deal for 8RS for the size and floor u mentioned.
    That's about the price they're offering now, about $1310psf, which works out to $1.3mil or so. But if that's a very good deal then the units should be moving faster. Would anyone jump in at $1260psf?

That's about the price they're offering now, about $1310psf, which works out to $1.3mil or so. But if that's a very good deal then the units should be moving faster. Would anyone jump in at $1260psf?
    best thing to do, drop by the showflat to see if you like it. For me and my gf, we dun...in fact she hated the design and layout. Plus the price isnt really attractive. To each his own.

Mum saw washing machine in living room hidden corner and laughed.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by Estrangable
    best thing to do, drop by the showflat to see if you like it. For me and my gf, we dun...in fact she hated the design and layout. Plus the price isnt really attractive. To each his own.
    I diff from yr view ..layout is rectangular and furnishing is good. At such prices, it provides big 60x60marbles tiles n quality fittings eg taps, shower sets etc. Feels like a hotel....the same architect also designed luxurious suites in Amara Sanctuary Resort ...daily rate > $300 :P

great job for him to put 800+ in units with mostly unblock view. (but also feel probably have too many strata houses )... good use of landscaping to cover the carpark n make use of its top. The view n fun at the 4 bbq garden terence on 28flr with unblock views should be gd.

with 0.3km to boon keng n 10mins to downtown mrt....i think rental will be high

agree that the marketing is lousy....

yes agree, if not for SSD & ABSD, wld have sold my 1+study at st. michael area to get a 2br 8RS

Quote Originally Posted by timmy
    if you dont't own any property, you're short. take cover quickly

Wow which project are U currently staying in now?

Quote Originally Posted by auroraborealis
    yes agree, if not for SSD & ABSD, wld have sold my 1+study at st. michael area to get a 2br 8RS

not staying but rented out; yield not bad 5%
    1+study cannot house 2 adults & 2 growing teenagers man

Quote Originally Posted by Noexit
    Wow which project are U currently staying in now?

Quote Originally Posted by auroraborealis
    not staying but rented out; yield not bad 5%
    1+study cannot house 2 adults & 2 growing teenagers man
    So 8RS can get better than 5% rental yield you think?

The first batch of 1 bedroom buyers paid 54xk. So yes. 5% is achievable

erm, let me try clarify my tots

5% yield was based on purchased px; yield is more like 4% based on current market px

if no SSD or ABSD, i can sell the small unit & get the 2br @ 8RS at the same px based on current mkt valuation; thus no cashflow impact

however, i stand to lose rental income until 8RS TOP. this is compensated by 8RS location nearer to mrt & amenities => if mkt unchg, rental yield potentially >5% (cos my initial outlay unchg; also now bigger unit); if mkt no good, rental wont fall as much cos location & amenities

but with SSD & ABSD, no deal

from owner's perspective, wifey didnt like the location when viewed
    cos it's sandwiched between 2 busy roads & a loop
    she say will feel v stressful if stay there (despite the convenience)

I am looking for a one bedder near city fringe. I just called the agent and the 1 bedder only left with high floor and north east facing the schools.

Price for 22nd floor and above is $682,000 which is about $1500psf

Way above my budget for a 1 bedder. Anyone knows of any other new launch around D12 and D13 with prices around $1300 to $1400psf?

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanpower
    I am looking for a one bedder near city fringe. I just called the agent and the 1 bedder only left with high floor and north east facing the schools.

Way above my budget for a 1 bedder. Anyone knows of any other new launch around D12 and D13 with prices around $1300 to $1400psf?
    Brand new? Just TOP? Haha look across the road. It's less than $1400.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Check out Suites @topaz..Prices there should be within your budget.

[QUOTE=ironmanpower]I am looking for a one bedder near city fringe. I just called the agent and the 1 bedder only left with high floor and north east facing the schools.

Way above my budget for a 1 bedder. Anyone knows of any other new launch around D12 and D13 with prices around $1300 to $1400psf?[/QUOTE Look out for riverbay maybe will be within your bardget

Cradels in balestier got a few low floor units selling at 640k for 441sqft, last month, but I think now no more liaoz.

I'm looking for a 1 bedder which is at most 400m to a MRT. The Senette is next on my list.

I am afraid it will be sold out when launch.