Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 61116212627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Eight Riversuites @ Whampoa East Road (United Engineer Group LH 99 Years)

Quote Originally Posted by clemdale24 View Post
    Fierce. Im not trying to pick an argument with u here. just trying to express my views in the most diplomatic way possible.

i agree that both riverine and citylights, and southbank for that matter, are very good condos. too bad i was too young to purchase any of them in the late 2000s. in other words i missed the boat - not by stupidity. these 3 condos in the lavender area are very unique, stand alone condos in that region, and no doubt rental income wise they are quite unbeatable.

So what im saying now is that, being as iconic and one-of-a-kind in the vicinity, suddenly in the span of a few years, multiple blocks of other residential housing will sprout out directly in front, or next to them. Not only will the views be obscured, blocked and immensely changed, rental competition will be fiercer. From 3 condos to choose from, there could be 7. From 7 cars on the road, there could be 10. From 2 people walking on the sidewalk, there could be 5. From 3 people in the wendy's queue, there could be 4. So overall i find it hard to understand why or how this will benefit condos in lavender now. Maybe u could argue that prices may increase. Yes they could, but in a few yrs time, those 3 condos will be old. One selling point is of course, location, which never changes, but another top selling point of those 3 condos is the view, which as mentioned before, will take a hit the moment concrete slabs are erected in close proximity to them (i think riverine will be most affected, but yet again its the only freehold one amongst the 3).

As for 8RS, well u may not like the project and its surroundings, but i dont thnk u should diss it cos its not a bad project with not a bad pricing for its location. it may not compare highly to the condos in lavender for now, thats true. but it has all the material for further appreciation in price. we can offer our opinions freely but dont diss another project for the sake of it. i never did for the lavender condos - i only praised them - but offered my honest opinions on their future.
    There is no such thing as iconic and one of a kind, alomost every condo is one of a kind. As for the iconic one, there is only these hand. What Citylight and Riverine offers over 8RS is the basic fundamental of property, location.

I have my own opinion of this project that differs from a lot others here, but I stand by my point that the attractiveness of each property mentioned before, the market can speaks for them.

Quote Originally Posted by iridrium View Post
    There is no such thing as iconic and one of a kind, alomost every condo is one of a kind. As for the iconic one, there is only these hand. What Citylight and Riverine offers over 8RS is the basic fundamental of property, location.

I have my own opinion of this project that differs from a lot others here, but I stand by my point that the attractiveness of each property mentioned before, the market can speaks for them.
    U seem hell bent on mentioning things just to make yourself feel better. Like i said, lavender is a good area, but to me, so is boonkeng and thus so is eight riversuites. Both are equally close to the city, both are well connected by road train and buses. Im not too sure abt lavender but boonkeng also has a hawker centre, banks etcetc.. i dont want to keep repeating this. So yes u may not like this, and u may use the market sentiments to back yourself up, but for me, unfortunately (or fortunately) i dont always trust the market. I trust what i believe. The market is always right? - sorry, this phrase doesnt work for me.
    I've had enough. I'm done!!!

U seem hell bent on mentioning things just to make yourself feel better. Like i said, lavender is a good area, but to me, so is boonkeng and thus so is eight riversuites. Both are equally close to the city, both are well connected by road train and buses. Im not too sure abt lavender but boonkeng also has a hawker centre, banks etcetc.. i dont want to keep repeating this. So yes u may not like this, and u may use the market sentiments to back yourself up, but for me, unfortunately (or fortunately) i dont always trust the market. I trust what i believe. The market is always right? - sorry, this phrase doesnt work for me.
    Ok. And your point is?

You believe what you believe, and I believe what I believe.

I grew up around boon keng, I'm pretty sure I know the area quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonkee View Post
    Anything wrong with the design and layout? I feel ok wa, I like to see so many water inside this project ...
    Location, layout, design and price for 8RS all work to its advantage. In fact, it's sales is also not bad. 70% sold for such a large project in city fringe in a lacklustre environment is considered reasonable. Definitely got potential for upside in long run, esp when the area undergoes rejuvenation.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by timmy View Post
    Location, layout, design and price for 8RS all work to its advantage. In fact, it's sales is also not bad. 70% sold for such a large project in city fringe in a lacklustre environment is considered reasonable. Definitely got potential for upside in long run, esp when the area undergoes rejuvenation.
    I agree with you that BoonKeng is undergoing rejuvenation
    And hope they can do 'something' on the Kallang river

I agree with you that BoonKeng is undergoing rejuvenation
    And hope they can do 'something' on the Kallang river
    u are both right. its the whole package u look at, not one single factor. and true that 70% sold for a large development in 1.5 yrs since launching is not bad.

Hmm saw the promotion outside the showroom. Buy a 3 bedroom unit can get a car with special price. Just curious how much the buyer need to pay for the car, with COE? Anyone here know the details ? Can share thanks!

Hmm saw the promotion outside the showroom. Buy a 3 bedroom unit can get a car with special price. Just curious how much the buyer need to pay for the car, with COE? Anyone here know the details ? Can share thanks!
    Top up 10 k get a Renault fluence 1.6(A) with Coe. But not a discount. Price of car already built into higher condo price.

Talking

Top up 10 k get a Renault fluence 1.6(A) with Coe. But not a discount. Price of car already built into higher condo price.
    Thanks Timmy for the info Then I guess should be for those super high floor units la, e.g > 20 and the price is $$$$$$$&$$

Phew! then not so heart pain . If the promotion is for all 3 bedroom units, then I hahahaha

Thanks Timmy for the info Then I guess should be for those super high floor units la, e.g > 20 and the price is $$$$$$$&$$

Phew! then not so heart pain . If the promotion is for all 3 bedroom units, then I hahahaha
    which type/ floor unit did u buy?

which type/ floor unit did u buy?
    936. Mid floor. U?

What a whole lot of nonsense. How much boon keng will benefit will never be comparable to Kallang. It is like comparable jurong west to marina bay.

8RS itself is disadvantage by the roads surrounding the site and further added the bad design and layout. I can understand why you trying to flog a dead horse, but what I don't understand is why you need to brig down city light and riverine . The price they are commanding now is a reflection of the market sentiment and the fact that 8RS is still not sold out is a reflection of general view of the project.

People are not blind here you know.
    This is a forum of which everyone has the right to share their views. Obviously it's common there's a clash of opinions but I think you should have a better choice of words.

I do not agree 100% of what the other bro is saying but I certainly wouldn't say it's nonsense.

Both 8RS and Rivierine certainly have their upsides and everyone have their unique views. Let's respect that.

Being born around Boon Keng doesn't make a person more knowledgeable of property in that area. It's like saying I'm smarter than an investor simply becos I studied investment in school. Unfortunately it's more than that.

Let's all make this a better place and both share and respect each views.

As for the other bro, I feel that 8RS has the potential to reach the PSF of Rivierine, but once Kallang Bugis and Kallang River is fully developed, then the sky is the limit for those vested there.

Just my 2ct worth of opinion. Peace out and happy sharing everyone.

Today's Straits Times reveals that the government has plans for country's first retirement village to be located in Whampoa. The village will include studio flats, with elderly friendly facilities. Whampoa was selected for its high proportion of poor elderly residents, many of whom live in 3 room flats or smaller. Discussion is ongoing and approval from the authorities are likely to be granted next year.

Any bros in here have any idea where in Whampoa this retirement village may be located? Whampoa is a medium-sized estate, stretching from Boon Keng across the CTE to Kim Keat.

Also, what would be the impact of a retirement village on the surrounding condos?

Quote Originally Posted by derekong View Post
    This is a forum of which everyone has the right to share their views. Obviously it's common there's a clash of opinions but I think you should have a better choice of words.

I do not agree 100% of what the other bro is saying but I certainly wouldn't say it's nonsense.

Both 8RS and Rivierine certainly have their upsides and everyone have their unique views. Let's respect that.

Being born around Boon Keng doesn't make a person more knowledgeable of property in that area. It's like saying I'm smarter than an investor simply becos I studied investment in school. Unfortunately it's more than that.

Let's all make this a better place and both share and respect each views.

As for the other bro, I feel that 8RS has the potential to reach the PSF of Rivierine, but once Kallang Bugis and Kallang River is fully developed, then the sky is the limit for those vested there.

Just my 2ct worth of opinion. Peace out and happy sharing everyone.
    Obviously lots of newbies and some vested trying to cyber bully me? Lol. Which part of my words is a bad choice of word? Problem here is that there are too many self serving people here trying to misled people. Yes, growing up at boon keng doesn't make me a expert, but it make me know who is trying to kid who.

And it piss me off when someone does that. I won't diss a place I grew up in, had load of great memories of, but that does not make it a great place right?

To put things into context, the msg I was replying to goes like this:

Originally Posted by clemdale24
    i personality think that it will benefit 8RS to a certain extent, due to its close proximity. for now, besides the new condos and HDBs in the boonkeng area, there are no new plans for a mall or a mixed development (yet). i still believe that in time to come the area will be rejuvenated and the current old (one room) hdbs will be relocated.

contrary to what many believe, i dont think that projects such as citylights and riverine will stand to benefit much from the kampong bugis plans. if anything, the area will become seriously cluttered and they will blend in to become on of the many condos there. riverine is now a stand-alone condo, very unique, and its views to the south are no doubt very good. with the built up of kampong bugis i think most of this will be lost. also, to the north of riverine, next to kallang mrt, a plot of land is currently being built a BTO project called kallang trivista. kallang is enroute to serious clutter... i think.

AND I still uphold my belief that 8RS will never be as good as city light or riverine. I know people here spent lots of money on unit here, but hey, it's just my 2cents worth of opinion. Peace out and happy sharing.

Anyone has any views on this?

Today's Straits Times reveals that the government has plans for country's first retirement village to be located in Whampoa. The village will include studio flats, with elderly friendly facilities. Whampoa was selected for its high proportion of poor elderly residents, many of whom live in 3 room flats or smaller. Discussion is ongoing and approval from the authorities are likely to be granted next year.

Any bros in here have any idea where in Whampoa this retirement village may be located? Whampoa is a medium-sized estate, stretching from Boon Keng across the CTE to Kim Keat.

Also, what would be the impact of a retirement village on the surrounding condos?

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepless View Post
    That means less chance for the 1 room flats there to be en-bloc.

Bishan folks goes up in arm to prevent a age home to be built because it , I quote ," affect the value of their house". So I think people won't like it.

Why would a retirement village impact surrounding property prices?
    Won't any one of you grow old? Stop being selfish. Those Bishan folks will have retribution.

Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew View Post
    Why would a retirement village impact surrounding property prices?
    Won't any one of you grow old? Stop being selfish. Those Bishan folks will have retribution.
    I can't agree more. But it is not how I feel matters right? I am just quoting the reaction when similar things happen elsewhere.

I just hope those selfish ass-es don't get old and lonely next time.

I can't agree more. But it is not how I feel matters right? I am just quoting the reaction when similar things happen elsewhere.

I just hope those selfish ass-es don't get old and lonely next time.
    But where in whampoa? Anyone knows?

Not sure too......

Tsao Foundation in talks with MOH, HDB to launch retirement village
    Published on Nov 28, 2013

By Janice Tai

Singapore's*first HDB retirement village is likely to be located in Whampoa.

Under this retirement village model, which is common in countries such as the United States and Britain, elderly persons live within an area that has a wide range of facilities and services catered to their needs.

Tsao Foundation is in discussions with the Health Ministry and the Housing Board to set up such a retirement village at a cluster of HDB blocks in Whampoa.

Some plans include having studio apartments with features that are more suited to the elderly who are mobile. Those who need help with basic tasks like bathing or eating will be housed in a 10-room ward or a nursing home. Medical staff will be on hand to tend to their needs.

By Janice Tai

Under this retirement village model, which is common in countries such as the United States and Britain, elderly persons live within an area that has a wide range of facilities and services catered to their needs.

Tsao Foundation is in discussions with the Health Ministry and the Housing Board to set up such a retirement village at a cluster of HDB blocks in Whampoa.

Some plans include having studio apartments with features that are more suited to the elderly who are mobile. Those who need help with basic tasks like bathing or eating will be housed in a 10-room ward or a nursing home. Medical staff will be on hand to tend to their needs.
    Is it confirmed, or just a speculation? Thought Ura released 60 yr lease site at jalan kechil jurong for retirement housing? Wouldn't Ura want to follow thru their plans, rather than look at whampoa?

Whampoa is HDB type retirement homes village.

Jalan jurong Kecil is private developed retirement village 60 yrs lease.

Different masses.
    Just Do It! 要拼才会赢!

Not sure too......
    Whampoa is so big.. could be anywhere i think.
    could be near boonkeng mrt (where the one room flats are), or could be across the CTE on the balastier road/kim keat road side.

if new hdbs could be built on the site where the one room hdbs are, it would be v good for the surroundings..

Published on 30 Nov, 2013

http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/...ation-20131130

No discussion with HDB on retirement village: Foundation

WE REFER to Thursday's article ("First HDB retirement village on the cards").

The Tsao Foundation is celebrating its 20th anniversary, and I shared with The Straits Times the aspiration for creating a community that would enable successful ageing and ageing-in-place, and discussed a pilot scheme to enable seniors to age-in-place that we are developing in conjunction with the City For All Ages initiative and other partners in Whampoa.

In that conversation, I mentioned that such a community would - ideally - have a comprehensive slew of services integrated into HDB housing, such as assisted living facilities.

It is our hope that we will have the opportunity to participate in such a scheme in the future, and we have expressed our interest to the Ministry of Health.

I emphasised that this conversation on our possible involvement is very exploratory and far from concrete.

The Tsao Foundation is not in discussion with the HDB on setting up Singapore's "first HDB retirement village" and I apologise if it has been miscommunicated.

Mary Ann Tsao (Dr)

Chairman Tsao Foundation

By Janice Tai

Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew View Post
    Published on 30 Nov, 2013

http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/...ation-20131130

No discussion with HDB on retirement village: Foundation

WE REFER to Thursday's article ("First HDB retirement village on the cards").

The Tsao Foundation is celebrating its 20th anniversary, and I shared with The Straits Times the aspiration for creating a community that would enable successful ageing and ageing-in-place, and discussed a pilot scheme to enable seniors to age-in-place that we are developing in conjunction with the City For All Ages initiative and other partners in Whampoa.

In that conversation, I mentioned that such a community would - ideally - have a comprehensive slew of services integrated into HDB housing, such as assisted living facilities.

It is our hope that we will have the opportunity to participate in such a scheme in the future, and we have expressed our interest to the Ministry of Health.

I emphasised that this conversation on our possible involvement is very exploratory and far from concrete.

The Tsao Foundation is not in discussion with the HDB on setting up Singapore's "first HDB retirement village" and I apologise if it has been miscommunicated.

Mary Ann Tsao (Dr)

Chairman Tsao Foundation

This is a case of very poor reporting by ST. Publish article without checking with authorities, leading to unproductive speculation. I suspect MND must have asked Tsao to issue a clarification letter. Actually it doesn't make sense to have such a prime area reserved for retirement housing in the long run.

This is a case of very poor reporting by ST. Publish article without checking with authorities, leading to unproductive speculation. I suspect MND must have asked Tsao to issue a clarification letter. Actually it doesn't make sense to have such a prime area reserved for retirement housing in the long run.
    any updates?

any updates?
    9 units sold in nov.

9 units sold in nov.
    whats the total sold?