Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 271217222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast

Thread: Eight Riversuites @ Whampoa East Road (United Engineer Group LH 99 Years)

Visited the showflat couple of times since start of the year. Looking at couple of projects like Bartley ridge, Sennett residence, d'Nest.. And this comes out to be the top choice, Bartley ridge could be the top choice but the surrounding look pathetic.. I'm buying for own stay so amenities are key.

Main reasons:
    City fringe, full of amenities, near to 2 MRT line, able to have city view for 2 bedder still available, competitive pricing.

However, what is holding us back are those Strata terrace(only one sold from cavaet) car park.. The whole project looks cramp and seems to me the developer are trying to squeeze every juice out of the project.

Sill pondering...

Quote Originally Posted by scenzz
    Visited the showflat couple of times since start of the year. Looking at couple of projects like Bartley ridge, Sennett residence, d'Nest.. And this comes out to be the top choice, Bartley ridge could be the top choice but the surrounding look pathetic.. I'm buying for own stay so amenities are key.

Main reasons:
    City fringe, full of amenities, near to 2 MRT line, able to have city view for 2 bedder still available, competitive pricing.

However, what is holding us back are those Strata terrace(only one sold from cavaet) car park.. The whole project looks cramp and seems to me the developer are trying to squeeze every juice out of the project.

Sill pondering...
    Just buy after all your key criteria have been met. Strarta terrace and car parks ..small and trivial matter .. project look cramped (which project today look spacious ).. Don't regret if the 2 rooms sold out after you tu ..tu until you have no choice left. IMHO.

If you think it suits you, just buy.
    Last year, I was looking to get a unit. Knowing 'Bartley Ridge' land was bid at a lower price compare to 8 River. I was keen to wait n see. But I was uneasy as many months down the road, either new CM or policy will be implementated. I like the amenities in 8 River so just go ahead n purchased a unit in May instead of waiting for Bartley Ridge to launch.
    Is 8 River a good choice? To me it is not the best but that time was a good choice. I never regretted becoz if I have done in later....CM was introduced in Oct. Another CM was introduced in Jan this year.

[QUOTE=Dragonfly]If you think it suits you, just buy.
    Last year, I was looking to get a unit. Knowing 'Bartley Ridge' land was bid at a lower price compare to 8 River. I was keen to wait n see. But I was uneasy as many months down the road, either new CM or policy will be implementated. I like the amenities in 8 River so just go ahead n purchased a unit in May instead of waiting for Bartley Ridge to launch.
    Is 8 River a good choice? To me it is not the best but that time was a good choice. I never regretted becoz if I have done in later....CM was introduced in Oct. Another CM was introduced in Jan this year.[/QUOT

True , no project is perfect , as long the price reasonable and the location ok. The price within your range that ok . Now no project is cheap coz land is selling more and more expensive and the labour cost went double up .

Default Site Progress 26-May-2013

Quote Originally Posted by boonchiz

Thanks for the photo. Looks pilecap not done yet.

According to newspaper, all one bedders are sold.

Quote Originally Posted by jpm77
    Thanks for the photo. Looks pilecap not done yet.
    how are they gg to squeeze 1k plus units into this small plot of land???

Thank god, I didn't buy this development

Quote Originally Posted by Estrangable

Perhaps u like to do your homework before reporting an erroneous no. of units to mislead people?

843 unit + 19 strata house . Also a lot

Quote Originally Posted by timmy
    Perhaps u like to do your homework before reporting an erroneous no. of units to mislead people?
    oops...damn, it must be so easy to mislead people. 1k or 800 plus...it doesnt negate the fact that it will be jammed and squeezed. Of cos if u fancy the development or u are vested, then u can find all sort of reasons to justify the purchase.

Thanks for the photos
    Looking forward to the construction.

oops...damn, it must be so easy to mislead people. 1k or 800 plus...it doesnt negate the fact that it will be jammed and squeezed. Of cos if u fancy the development or u are vested, then u can find all sort of reasons to justify the purchase.
    new launches are generally squeezy. If you want to throw stones can throw at any project, there are pros and cons of each of them. So which project did you buy?

Same argument applies. If you are not vested in a project, u can find 1001 reasons to nick pick on it. I am not saying that 8RS is perfect in every sense, or that everyone should like the place. I just find it objectionable for someone to put in statistics that are clearly wrong. It seriously erodes the credibility of that person, and makes one wonder if the person has ulterior motives.

A separate point is that while land size matters, the plot ratio, mix of unit size, no. of MM units etc etc also matter in determining the spatial quality of a project. making a sweeping statement based on a erroneous figure dilutes the quality of discussion.

So is it good buy??

Quote Originally Posted by csgan97
    So is it good buy??
    Based on location alone, based on price comparison, "what do you think ?"

Everyone has his/her own answer.

So is it good buy??
    I like the area...
    If those strata houses are not there and underground car park, definitely a good buy...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by alamak
    Based on location alone, based on price comparison, "what do you think ?"

Everyone has his/her own answer.
    I went there yesterday. The following are my point of view:
    1) Interior quality not that good / nice as compared to other new launch
    2) Price wise 1400 to 1600 per sqft for 3 / 4 bedder not that cheap (for high floor)
    3) Not 1 to 1 parking as it has 862 units with only 854 parking lots (assumption where 1 bedder usually wont own a car, near mrt dont need a car and not many visitor)
    4) Amenities so-so only and no shopping mall
    5) swimming pool is so small then again all city fringe project swimming pool is small

Okay enough complaint. I also got something that i think its good.
    1) near mrt
    2) if the unit is higher than 20 floors the view will be fantastic
    3) near town

Different people got different point of view. I hope i dont offence anyone here ...

Actually, i might consider the unit there but still looking around to find anything better ...

So is it good buy??
    You won't get cheaper psf. Just survey those new condos pricing from Potong pasir to Punggol.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Default My two cents

Personally, I think this is quite a good 'black horse' project based on the following points:
    • Near to MRT
    • Near town
    • Not too high a PSF despite the above
    • Nice design

I think it's not sold out yet, imho, because of the pricing policy. ~300psf difference between units with orientation and level differences might trigger psychological barriers. Also, it could be branded in a more atas manner. Feels quite mass market

Nothing is perfect but these days, we can hardly find the units that are mostly unblock. It has 800+ units instead of 1000.
    Any one can criticize this project or any project. However, like Timmy mentioned, get the facts right before making a comment.

Anyone has updates on the construction or payment progress?

All the buyers lets join the
    Facebook Page : Eight Riversuites Residents Singapore

All the inquiries, comments and info are welcome to post on this page.

This project looks super cheap now vs JGateway.
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Ipadbee

Ipadbee, what is the facebook page link pls?

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    This project looks super cheap now vs JGateway.
    You want to come back to Kallang area meh?
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

just passed by - Construction cranes are on site now.

Any pic? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ipadbee

Link please. Btw, I hope this fb acct is managed by buyers instead of agents. We can discuss progress & latest update. I have another condo whereby fb acct is managed by our own purchasers. They control & limit agents, advertisement etc.

Quote Originally Posted by iforum
    Ipadbee, what is the facebook page link pls?
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eight...475212?fref=ts

Welcome all to join this page.