Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 51015202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast

Thread: Eight Riversuites @ Whampoa East Road (United Engineer Group LH 99 Years)

Quote Originally Posted by nav14
    Not everyone believes in feng shui mumbo jumbo like the toilet door cannot face the bed.Cannot buy a unit based on showflat. Bad design can be camouflaged by million dollar decor and many unsuspecting buyers have fallen for this. They only realise their folly when they open the door 3 years later. Lesser the camouflage like in 8 RS , lesser the shock. The 1 bedder and 2 bedder designs very practical and will provide good yield if leased. Price cannot be high as even Yishun projects are now being priced in the same price bracket.
    yeah right....the layout of the rooms in 8 RS are pathetic. The first time i went to the showflat, my partner and I were disappointed as well. No wonder the sales are so-so...

Of course if you are vested, then it's a different story

Not everyone believes in feng shui mumbo jumbo like the toilet door cannot face the bed.Cannot buy a unit based on showflat. Bad design can be camouflaged by million dollar decor and many unsuspecting buyers have fallen for this. They only realise their folly when they open the door 3 years later. Lesser the camouflage like in 8 RS , lesser the shock. The 1 bedder and 2 bedder designs very practical and will provide good yield if leased. Price cannot be high as even Yishun projects are now being priced in the same price bracket.
    LOL. Then this must be the mother of all Fengshui mumbo jumbo. Imagine waking up everyday and then first thing you seeing the toilet door, toilet mirror and toilet bowl.

Anyway, isn't this forum for sharing opinion? But pray share a yishun project that is $1,400psf. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by iridrium
    LOL. Then this must be the mother of all Fengshui mumbo jumbo. Imagine waking up everyday and then first thing you seeing the toilet door, toilet mirror and toilet bowl.

Anyway, isn't this forum for sharing opinion? But pray share a yishun project that is $1,400psf. Thanks!
    Put the bed against toilet wall, u won't see toilet. Lol. Toilet door is either directly facing bed or side facing bed in many floor plans. I don't see any problem with that, most of time toilet door is closed.

But I do agree show flat is not impressive at all compared to FEO show flat. UE is very poor in marketing. Anyway upon TOP u only get plain walls, not those million dollar interior decor.

Actually hor, most of the units in this project don't have toilets facing the bed. There are plenty of choices in the same project with reasonable layout. Just avoid those layout that u don't like loh. Someone else will still buy if they don't mind.

Yes you are right, it is the mother of all fengshui mumbo jumbo.
    Yes this forum is for sharing and all opinions should be welcomed including mine about the feng shui mumbo jumbo. Why so much of negativism about the toilet? In case you do not know many will spend more $$ doing up their toilets than their bedrooms. Maybe that has got something about feng shui also.
    Go to the URA website and check out the prices of Skies@Miltonia and also 8RS to see how many 8RS units have been transacted at prices below SM. I hope you know where Skies@Miltonia is.

Skies Miltonia more expensive than 8RS?

Impossible leh

Quote Originally Posted by ghariwala
    Check out the evening time, how long it takes cars to enter the condo
    As far as I know 50% of the parking lots are empty at City Square. In fact they have cordoned off Basement 3 due to the low usage. Basement 1 is 70% filled and Basement 2 is 20% occupied at any point in time. Swimming pool is only packed on Sat and Sun afternoon. You can take your pick of the sun lounger at any other time. I can bring you for a tour if you want to be better informed and if that will get you to stop making wild comments.

Quote Originally Posted by cnud
    Skies Miltonia more expensive than 8RS?

Impossible leh
    Not generally but quite a number of units, especially those high flr with reservoir view units, at SM are priced higher than the lowest deals done at 8RS.

As far as I know 50% of the parking lots are empty at City Square. In fact they have cordoned off Basement 3 due to the low usage. Basement 1 is 70% filled and Basement 2 is 20% occupied at any point in time. Swimming pool is only packed on Sat and Sun afternoon. You can take your pick of the sun lounger at any other time. I can bring you for a tour if you want to be better informed and if that will get you to stop making wild comments.

The fella that said master bed facing toilet for one of the layout

Why not just pick other layouts lah... There are so many different options like D1or D2 that do not have such issue.

that is if you are really serious about wanting to buy instead of see see look look.

Quote Originally Posted by hovivi
    The fella that said master bed facing toilet for one of the layout

Why not just pick other layouts lah... There are so many different options like D1or D2 that do not have such issue.

that is if you are really serious about wanting to buy instead of see see look look.
    That fellow will be me. Like I have said previously, I am just pointing out the flaws of the layout and surprised that a local developer did not pick it out and even choose that layout as one of the showflat model.

Btw hovivi, I think you made a comment in Echelon thread " Is it just me? Hate it why lying on the bed and there is a direct uninstructed view of the toilet bowl. They could have switch toilet bowl and shower screen position."

My answer to you will be the same:Why not just pick other layouts lah... There are so many different options that do not have such issue.

bought a loft unit there, my 1st property, any neighbours? haha

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Garandbutt
    bought a loft unit there, my 1st property, any neighbours? haha
    Hi Garandbutt, did u buy this unit in Feb?

To the rest: Is this project really that bad ? I am considering to get 1 unit here since I like the location (3 stops to dhoby ghaut, near to bugis, lotsa eateries nearby, walking distance to MRT) and had been following this thread for awhile. The negative comments were mainly on the layout, the 2 busy roads.
    I have concerns too on the busy roads and the primary school next to it
    At the same time, I am also considering 1 unit @ The Lenox (walking distance to Kembangan MRT and there r eateries around too). It's FH but small project, having bay windows in all bedrooms , 1 balcony, and smaller size. The psf is much higher than the surrounding FH projects

Dilemma dilemma dilemma

Appreciate any opinion out there

Thanks

Default DK

Bought a DK unit here.

Quote Originally Posted by kepah

To the rest: Is this project really that bad ? I am considering to get 1 unit here since I like the location (3 stops to dhoby ghaut, near to bugis, lotsa eateries nearby, walking distance to MRT) and had been following this thread for awhile. The negative comments were mainly on the layout, the 2 busy roads.
    At the same time, I am also considering 1 unit @ The Lenox (walking distance to Kembangan MRT and there r eateries around too). It's FH but small project, having bay windows in all bedrooms , 1 balcony, and smaller size. The psf is much higher than the surrounding FH projects

Dilemma dilemma dilemma

Thanks
    best suggestion is for you to walk around the area during peak hours and assess. anyway there are still so many units left unsold...you can still take your time. I went to the showroom in dec on a sat afternoon, the agents were swatting flies

Dilemma dilemma dilemma

Thanks

Hi kepah, yup i bought it in feb.

Quote Originally Posted by iforum
    Bought a DK unit here.
    Hello neighbour!

Did anyone bought e loft units? e agent said that they had sold some but i cant see it on URA. so was just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Garandbutt
    Hello neighbour!

Did anyone bought e loft units? e agent said that they had sold some but i cant see it on URA. so was just wondering.
    You bought stack 25 loft units? Nice! No record in squarefoot, maybe agent was referring to 1195 sqft unit.

I bought a unit last year.

Dilemma dilemma dilemma

Thanks
    One man's meat is another man's poison. Some may not like the project, but I like the location and unblocked design. Personally don't like the projects with blocks facing each other and some more just 20m away.

Smile

I am also vested, any owner post photo of site progress?

Quote Originally Posted by jpm77
    You bought stack 25 loft units? Nice! No record in squarefoot, maybe agent was referring to 1195 sqft unit.
    yea stack 25! maybe, but was just wondering y ain anyone buying loft units in this project.

Heard that the Sennett 2 bedder has indicative price of more than 1.2 million. At that price, can buy a 3-bedder compact at 8RS. Will this redirect interest to 8RS?

Went to the showroom this afternoon at sennett residence and was not quite impress by the finding. Only 290 parking lots for total of 330 units there !!!!
    The interior material was so so and not as impress by what the ppls commented here especially only one bedder come with the built in fridge and the rest none !!!

1 Bedder 485sqft at Stack 22 & 23 lowest floor start at estimated $770k.
    1 bedder for 582sqft at stack 04 & 27 lowest floor at $860k
    2 bedder 711sqft at stack 08 lowest floor at $1.1mil
    2 bedder 819sqft at stack 16 & 17 lowest floor at $1.2mil
    2 bedder 851sqft at stack 25 & 26 lowest floor at > $1.2mil plus !!!

Worst of all the stack 8 and stack 7, block to block facing 13.5meter and taken the distance of the balcony into consideration both unit just 4.5 meter apart only!!

Just the best part a foot step away from mrt other then that I think only one word to say , " "

After viewing I think 8Rs going to move fast soon .

Quote Originally Posted by Noexit
    Went to the showroom this afternoon at sennett residence and was not quite impress by the finding. Only 290 parking lots for total of 330 units there !!!!
    The interior material was so so and not as impress by what the ppls commented here especially only one bedder come with the built in fridge and the rest none !!!

1 Bedder 485sqft at Stack 22 & 23 lowest floor start at estimated $770k.
    1 bedder for 582sqft at stack 04 & 27 lowest floor at $860k
    2 bedder 711sqft at stack 08 lowest floor at $1.1mil
    2 bedder 819sqft at stack 16 & 17 lowest floor at $1.2mil
    2 bedder 851sqft at stack 25 & 26 lowest floor at > $1.2mil plus !!!

Worst of all the stack 8 and stack 7, block to block facing 13.5meter and taken the distance of the balcony into consideration both unit just 4.5 meter apart only!!

Just the best part a foot step away from mrt other then that I think only one word to say , " "

After viewing I think 8Rs going to move fast soon .
    Indeed, notwithstanding the upcoming development plans for potong pasir, I think it is hard for prices there to scale new heights beyond $1800-$2000 psf in near term. But there is scope for whampoa prices to play catch up.

Default Ceiling height?

Hi all,

Anybody knows about the ceiling height of this project for normal units (non loft units) ? I noticed 1 person asked this qs previously but there's no answer. Wondering there's available information now?

Thanks

2.85Mtrs as i asked that question when i was there. Not impressed with the layout. Actually very disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Clearvision
    2.85Mtrs as i asked that question when i was there. Not impressed with the layout. Actually very disappointed.

有没有? got so disappointing uh??!

Quote Originally Posted by Clearvision
    Hi Clearvision,

Thanks for the info. I'm ok w/ the floor plan though for 2 bedrooms, better than Sennett 2 bedrooms floor plan (don't like the idea of entering house through kitchen)

I see an increasing trend of new developments with layouts where the kitchen is at the main entrance. Personally, I have no problem with it but I understand not all are like me.

Just curious why developers are increasingly adopting this design. Is it reflective of a new trend of preference, where more homebuyers are open to new living concepts? I mean, when I read renovation forum and there are discussions about premium luxury brand fridges being displayed in the living room near the door entrance, as a designer item akin to an expensive piece of furniture, it seems that the new living concept is catching on.