Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ... 271217181920212223242526273237 ... LastLast

Thread: Eight Riversuites @ Whampoa East Road (United Engineer Group LH 99 Years)

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanpower
    I'm looking for a 1 bedder which is at most 400m to a MRT. The Senette is next on my list.

I am afraid it will be sold out when launch.
    But senette will not be around 1300 to 1400 for 1 bedder .

Quote Originally Posted by Noexit
    But senette will not be around 1300 to 1400 for 1 bedder .
    Average psf for senett is 1450, so 1-bed should be higher than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger
    Average psf for senett is 1450, so 1-bed should be higher than this.
    Is Sennett pricing confirmed?

Quote Originally Posted by ekl2ekl2
    Is Sennett pricing confirmed?
    Was told by a tuan sing sales guy. Will have to wait and see if its confirmed. The delay is due to an architectural plan issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger
    Was told by a tuan sing sales guy. Will have to wait and see if its confirmed. The delay is due to an architectural plan issue.
    Thanks. Make Riversuites look relatively cheap.

Yup, and dun forget that there is another two project beside Sennett coming up next year too and one of it is by CDL am sure the price at this location going up and up

Yup, and dun forget that there is another two project beside Sennett coming up next year too and one of it is by CDL am sure the price at this location going up and up
    yes yes and u will hwat hwat with ur unit at r38

Quote Originally Posted by price
    yes yes and u will hwat hwat with ur unit at r38
    Hope so thanks huh .

the higher it rise, the harder it will fall....ridiculous pricing right now.
    This is a crazy market. 700 plus units cramped into a small piece of land and yet there are people calling this a good buy....

of cos if you are vested, you will praise this area to high heavens. Dont get me wrong, i also bot an apartment near the area for personal stay but some of the sentiments i saw in this forum borders idiocy.

Then again.....if i bought one for investment purpose, probably i will also start screaming how great this location is as well and hopefully to bring up the "sentiments"

Quote Originally Posted by Estrangable
    the higher it rise, the harder it will fall....ridiculous pricing right now.
    This is a crazy market. 700 plus units cramped into a small piece of land and yet there are people calling this a good buy....

of cos if you are vested, you will praise this area to high heavens. Dont get me wrong, i also bot an apartment near the area for personal stay but some of the sentiments i saw in this forum borders idiocy.

Then again.....if i bought one for investment purpose, probably i will also start screaming how great this location is as well and hopefully to bring up the "sentiments"
    8RS looks relatively cheap compared to condos at PP.
    Think that is a fair statement.

Whether such prices are sustainable in 3-5 years time no one knows.
    But when condos at district 13 at PP reach a peak near 2000pfs like what is happening now, sentiments are riding ahead of reasoning. But we all may still be wrong bec we are in unusual times. Look around, the bears have largely disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanpower

Price for 22nd floor and above is $682,000 which is about $1500psf
    22nd floOr? Imagine the panoramic view of the city, national stadium, flyers, etc.

Different people have different priorities when viewing properties. some people are willing to buy apartments right next to expressway even though it is noisy. Others r willing to pay for units which r far from roads, need shutter bus to mrt n have high maintaince fees. These buyer probably rank other qualites like teneur of land more importantly.

Some people like small projects for exclusivity n its location and hence do not mind paying high maintaince fee or use mechanical car park lots.

Different buyers buy for different reasons which they viewed to be more important. I respect all buyers as they finally make a LT committment to buy something they like.

Some people like big projects with more facilities n cheaper maintaince. 8rs maintaince including car park lot for 2 bedder is said to be ~$240. With full facilities including 6 bbq areas of which 4 are on roof tops n 800+ car park lots, I think this is quite a good price.

eco has 7 swimming pools, nice landscape, forest tracks n if i am not wrong the maintaince is $290 for sohu unit?

cdl sunshine plaza with full condo facilities n right in city center @~$165 for 3 bedder (carpark optional at $60).

Domus in novena maintance at $300+ for studio with mechanical carpark n small facilites....

15 units sold in November. Same as October. I suppose rest of year will be quiet as well.

I think had to depend on how the surrounding new project launching price is.

If the new project ard 8RS prices are rocket high, guess it will drive 8RS toward 100% sold but just different not much then guess will be a hard time for 8RS

Quote Originally Posted by timmy
    15 units sold in November. Same as October. I suppose rest of year will be quiet as well.

More discounts or rebate are needed to entice buyers.....

Quote Originally Posted by kale
    More discounts or rebate are needed to entice buyers.....
    I think they will play a slow and steady game. 8RS is a big project and it takes time to clear. Hard to justify more discounts if projects in outlying areas are commanding same if not higher prices. The increasing land price should give UE the assurance that their current price points are not out of whack with market conditions.

Yup anyway the recent anouncement around Potong Pasir new developement and project ard this area will sure to give this project a push

Quote Originally Posted by timmy
    I think they will play a slow and steady game. 8RS is a big project and it takes time to clear. Hard to justify more discounts if projects in outlying areas are commanding same if not higher prices. The increasing land price should give UE the assurance that their current price points are not out of whack with market conditions.

Heard Echelon is selling at 1700psf, this city fringe project is relatively cheap now. UE should boost their marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by jpm77
    Heard Echelon is selling at 1700psf, this city fringe project is relatively cheap now. UE should boost their marketing.
    Good Location
    3 mrt stops to dhoby ghaut
    If its Far East would sold out by now
    UE marketing very lousy

I feel like telling a story because it's near year end, and everyone seems to have diverse views on 8RS. Just for fun.

In 2005, I bought Citylights after Southbank got sold out in 1 day.

That time, the property market was in doldrums. My unit was purchased at $600k+, 2 bedroom, sea view looking at the stadium. People said I overpaid. At that time, paying 800psf is unheard of for a 99LH.

My friends and family gave me a weird looks for buying a flat in a "old town", Lavender. They say the area is terrible because it's so near Golden Mile, terrible traffic, and also near the casket.

But I believed in the MRT - being 3 stops away from Raffles Place was a no brainer to me. In 2007, just before property started to pick up, I put the unit on sale for $800k. The first agent I spoke to laughed at me, said it was impossible to sell at that price. Not disheartened, I went to another agent, and he sold it for me within 1 week - and got an offer better than what I asked for.

I wonder where the first agent is now?

In any case, as we all know Citylights is now worth $1.5m (my unit type). I am happy that it went up, and not a bit remorseful for selling too early - a rich man once said, take profit when you cannot stomach the risk anymore. Let other people take the risk and earn the money.

So coming back to 8RS - it reminds me so much of Citylights. "Old town", "terrible traffic" etc. Echelon is selling for 1800psf, 3 stops from Raffles Place. 8RS is perhaps 6 stops from Raffles Place, selling at 1400psf. Only time will tell whether this is a diamond in the rough.

Quote Originally Posted by primeesense
    I feel like telling a story because it's near year end, and everyone seems to have diverse views on 8RS. Just for fun.

In 2005, I bought Citylights after Southbank got sold out in 1 day.

That time, the property market was in doldrums. My unit was purchased at $600k+, 2 bedroom, sea view looking at the stadium. People said I overpaid. At that time, paying 800psf is unheard of for a 99LH.

My friends and family gave me a weird looks for buying a flat in a "old town", Lavender. They say the area is terrible because it's so near Golden Mile, terrible traffic, and also near the casket.

But I believed in the MRT - being 3 stops away from Raffles Place was a no brainer to me. In 2007, just before property started to pick up, I put the unit on sale for $800k. The first agent I spoke to laughed at me, said it was impossible to sell at that price. Not disheartened, I went to another agent, and he sold it for me within 1 week - and got an offer better than what I asked for.

I wonder where the first agent is now?

In any case, as we all know Citylights is now worth $1.5m (my unit type). I am happy that it went up, and not a bit remorseful for selling too early - a rich man once said, take profit when you cannot stomach the risk anymore. Let other people take the risk and earn the money.

So coming back to 8RS - it reminds me so much of Citylights. "Old town", "terrible traffic" etc. Echelon is selling for 1800psf, 3 stops from Raffles Place. 8RS is perhaps 6 stops from Raffles Place, selling at 1400psf. Only time will tell whether this is a diamond in the rough.
    Looking at current new launches, 8RS seems reasonable priced. I agree with you that any city fringe projects near to MRT is a good buy.

Quote Originally Posted by primeesense

Echelon is in a much better location IMHO. Btw it is 4 stops away from Raffles Place not 3.

Quote Originally Posted by earthling
    Echelon is in a much better location IMHO. Btw it is 4 stops away from Raffles Place not 3.
    I have vested interest, so probably my view is biased. 8RS is also within walking distance to future downtown line, in term of connectivity is really good. If u r driving, 8RS is very accessible to CTE, PIE and KPE.

When we decided to buy another PC, one of main considerations is near underground MRT station. My current place is very near to MRT with above ground MRT track, really cannot tahan the noise even after many years. Again this is personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by earthling
    I went to Echelon yesterday. I asked one question to the agent: Raffles Place is no longer the center, more and more banks are moving to marina bay area, who are we renting to? He said it will only happen in 10-20 years time, by then you should already sell ur unit to other people....

He kept on emphasizing that the next door land sold much higher, so your purchase already made money. By the way, its $2k/psf for 1-bedder...

Then I asked him, 8RS 1-bedder $200k cheaper and no competitor from other condo, he said red hill and boon keen are different category

Like that also can??

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    I went to Echelon yesterday. I asked one question to the agent: Raffles Place is no longer the center, more and more banks are moving to marina bay area, who are we renting to? He said it will only happen in 10-20 years time, by then you should already sell ur unit to other people....

He kept on emphasizing that the next door land sold much higher, so your purchase already made money. By the way, its $2k/psf for 1-bedder...

Then I asked him, 8RS 1-bedder $200k cheaper and no competitor from other condo, he said red hill and boon keen are different category

Like that also can??
    From bro chestnut's link of HDB price, 5 rooms in Bukit Merah is 10% more than Kallang/whompoa. We dont know the exact location of HDB for comparison, but probably 10% difference of PC also acceptable?

Quote Originally Posted by Congress
    From bro chestnut's link of HDB price, 5 rooms in Bukit Merah is 10% more than Kallang/whompoa. We dont know the exact location of HDB for comparison, but probably 10% difference of PC also acceptable?
    Sorry I remember wrongly. 8RS 1-bedder above #22 is abt $700k, Echelon 1-bedder above #22 is abt 1mil. It's 300k more...

Which one will u choose?

P.s. I didn't vest any of them...

Sorry I remember wrongly. 8RS 1-bedder above #22 is abt $700k, Echelon 1-bedder above #22 is abt 1mil. It's 300k more...

Which one will u choose?

P.s. I didn't vest any of them...
    And urban vista at Tanah merah is 700k too.

Of the 3 will you choose?

None

Btw I went to see another MM in D10. The showflat is still doing. The so-called loft unit study cum bedroom is super super small.....
    Quote Originally Posted by hovivi
    And urban vista at Tanah merah is 700k too.

Of the 3 will you choose?
    Quote Originally Posted by newlaunchproperty
    Guys, some price updates on Urban Vista,

Indicative Price Range
    SOHO/Condo with Furniture Deck
    1 BR (430-441):
    $1,550-$1,750 psf | $680,000-$750,000
    2 BR (560-624):
    $1,500-$1,700 psf | $840,000-$1,000,000
    2 BR (DK) (700 - 710):
    $1,520-$1,700 psf | $1,050,000-$1,180,000
    3 BR (807 - 840):
    $1,480-$1,680 psf | $1,200,000-$1,350,000
    3 BR (DK) (904 – 926):
    $1,500-$1,680 psf | $1,350,000-$1,500,000
    4 BR (1044):
    $1,450-$1,650 | $1,500,000-$1,700,000
    4 BR (DK) (1,109):
    $1,470-$1,650 | $1,630,000-$1,800,000

Suites Units - One/Two Bedrooms
    1 BR (430 – 441):
    $1,500-$1,700 | $650,000-$720,000
    2 BR (560 – 624):
    $1,450-$1,650 | $810,000-$1,000,000

Can visit www.urbanvista-condo.org for frequent updates on Urban Vista.

Like that also can??
    Ya lor. To me both are equally old HDB congested estates.

Boon Keng has the 'luxury' of being close to industrial areas.
    Redhill has the other 'luxury' of being close to car market.

Both unimpressive.

Maybe Redhill is more suitable for those with domestic helper as it is arguably closer to Orchard Rd which has become their 'occupy' homeground.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Ya lor. To me both are equally old HDB congested estates.

Boon Keng has the 'luxury' of being close to industrial areas.
    Redhill has the other 'luxury' of being close to car market.

Both unimpressive.

Maybe Redhill is more suitable for those with domestic helper as it is arguably closer to Orchard Rd which has become their 'occupy' homeground.
    When you are this close to city, both are just as close to orchard road and city center. Both are very convenient but 8RS is easily $500psf lower.. And as "cheap" as projects in Tanah merah.