Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920253035 ... LastLast

Thread: Eight Riversuites @ Whampoa East Road (United Engineer Group LH 99 Years)

Thanks folks

Onemap app is informative

If cut through maybe 10mins can reach bendemeer MRT and maybe also geylang bahru MRT (dunno any pedestrian bridge) over river..

If its true 3 stations within 10mins, 1 station within 5mins, seems pretty convenient

Quote Originally Posted by hovivi
    Just check out the area - no west sun, west sun shine into the side wall..
    Agree with u, no west sun, at most to balcony. Check www.suncalc.net

Quote Originally Posted by Congress
    Agree with u, no west sun, at most to balcony. Check www.suncalc.net
    I actually went there to look at the actual west sun direction and units orientation too.

Vested 2beds stack 6..

Hi All

Anybody knows what is the ceiling height? Is it 9 feet (1feet more than HDB?)

The reason I am asking is what floor is needed to clear the opposite HDB, which is 12 story high. If each floor is 1 ft higher, it means 12th floor is enough to clear the opposite block (except for hdb watertank).

I actually went there to look at the actual west sun direction and units orientation too.

Vested 2beds stack 6..
    Launch price was $1300-1400 psf. Still at that level?

Vested 2beds stack 6..
    Finally

Thanks folks

Onemap app is informative

If cut through maybe 10mins can reach bendemeer MRT and maybe also geylang bahru MRT (dunno any pedestrian bridge) over river..

If its true 3 stations within 10mins, 1 station within 5mins, seems pretty convenient
    Yes, there is an arched bridge over the river, built not long ago. Lotsa fishing activities along the river and even on the bridge

@clim why make it so tight. just buy one flr abv that estimate

Quote Originally Posted by timmy
    Launch price was $1300-1400 psf. Still at that level?
    Yah around there. Price depends on floor lor - 18th and above got a jump I think.

Wonder why UE is not aggressively pushing this.. Not much ad as compared to Olympia for example....

Quote Originally Posted by Clim1688
    Wonder why UE is not aggressively pushing this.. Not much ad as compared to Olympia for example....
    Saw its tv ad. It was focused on the number 8 rather than more material features such as its proximity to town and mrt stations.

Saw its tv ad. It was focused on the number 8 rather than more material features such as its proximity to town and mrt stations.
    Not as aggressive I feel, maybe mkt dept fail or developer is ok with sale so far

Agree.. what so great about no 8

Should focus on location.. 3 mrt stops to dhoby ghaut or the 5mins drive to town .. One strong theme is good enough

simple, because olympia's location is bad. this is a city fringe project. sooner or later it'll sell out.

Also wonder why UE chose to launch all units in 1 go, instead of in phases like other projects currently in the market (Sky habitat, Bartley Residences, Luxurie etc)

Wait till 8@w top, ad must come at the right time
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Sale is rather poor. Wonder how many sold in July. Anyone knows when they start piling work?

think the launch of the sennet would probably boost sales for this one, as there are quite a number of similar attributes for both including pricing, near mrt and rcr, town houses in both projects.................

Now is more like a waiting game and waiting for the next nearby project to launch at a higher price and benefit the sales here. Anyway is just a matter of time sales will be picking up for this project again.

Quote Originally Posted by jpm77
    Sale is rather poor. Wonder how many sold in July. Anyone knows when they start piling work?

Quote Originally Posted by Noexit
    Now is more like a waiting game and waiting for the next nearby project to launch at a higher price and benefit the sales here. Anyway is just a matter of time sales will be picking up for this project again.
    The developer refuse to pay ABSD .. they should just mark up a bit and say they pay ha ha ha

Anyway a recent BTO selling 90sqm at 5XXk ... my friend ballot but couldn't get it

Saw another thread, tanah merah could be selling 1300psf (mm already at 1400psf)..

Why don't they buy this instead at city fringe and few mrt stops to dhoby ghaut? Town?

Saw another thread, tanah merah could be selling 1300psf (mm already at 1400psf)..

Why don't they buy this instead at city fringe and few mrt stops to dhoby ghaut? Town?
    I guess the direct access to changi airport is one of the plus points especially for those who need to travel overseas frequently.

I find it hard to understand how on earth Tanah Merah can fetch such high prices. That location is a nightmare for drivers. The short stretch from end of Sims Ave to Singapore Expo can take the same amount of time for one to travel as from Orchard to Yishun. There are traffic lights every 200 metres. I dread driving at that stretch. Comparatively driving around 8 Riversuites is still better and it is much nearer town. So I wonder why people would pay 1400psf for a Tanah Merah location when there are better buys around. Changi airport on its own cannot be a strong factor. There are so many other condos located even closer to Changi.

Quote Originally Posted by nav14
    I find it hard to understand how on earth Tanah Merah can fetch such high prices. That location is a nightmare for drivers. The short stretch from end of Sims Ave to Singapore Expo can take the same amount of time for one to travel as from Orchard to Yishun. There are traffic lights every 200 metres. I dread driving at that stretch. Comparatively driving around 8 Riversuites is still better and it is much nearer town. So I wonder why people would pay 1400psf for a Tanah Merah location when there are better buys around. Changi airport on its own cannot be a strong factor. There are so many other condos located even closer to Changi.
    1. Changi Airport
    2. Changi Hospital
    3. Changi Biz Park
    4. Upcoming 4th uni
    5. Near East Cost Park, Bedok Reservoir
    6. Green and landed property enclave, low density, low rise vs D12
    7. Near IKEA, upcoming Bedok mall and Changi Point / tonnes of shopping in Tampines
    8. Bedok Residences effect
    9. It is far east and fragrance who knows how to keep people excited, UE is failure in marketing
    10. EWL, direct line to Suntec / CBD
    11. Ease of getting to Marina Bay via ECP

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    1. Changi Airport
    2. Changi Hospital
    3. Changi Biz Park
    4. Upcoming 4th uni
    5. Near East Cost Park, Bedok Reservoir
    6. Green and landed property enclave, low density, low rise vs D12
    7. Near IKEA, upcoming Bedok mall and Changi Point / tonnes of shopping in Tampines
    8. Bedok Residences effect
    9. It is far east and fragrance who knows how to keep people excited, UE is failure in marketing
    10. EWL, direct line to Suntec / CBD
    11. Ease of getting to Marina Bay via ECP
    Still not convincing for me. But even if was, the main reason I would not touch this project is the developer - Fragrance + World Class Land (I do not think this is Far East related). I have yet to see an attractive development developed by these guys. Most of them look like Geylang condos.

Still not convincing for me. But even if was, the main reason I would not touch this project is the developer - Fragrance + World Class Land (I do not think this is Far East related). I have yet to see an attractive development developed by these guys. Most of them look like Geylang condos.
    it doesn't matter Bedok has so many landed properties and 14k+ of 5rHDB owners ...just look at Bedok Residences huge queue

there is a shortage of MMs of size 4XXsqft in D16 too ... of course if 8RS city view 1br selling at 550k ... I will buy 8RS ... but I bet Fragrance will come out with 398sqft MM

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    it doesn't matter Bedok has so many landed properties and 14k+ of 5rHDB owners ...just look at Bedok Residences huge queue

there is a shortage of MMs of size 4XXsqft in D16 too ... of course if 8RS city view 1br selling at 550k ... I will buy 8RS ... but I bet Fragrance will come out with 398sqft MM
    I doubt the landed property owners there will be interested in MMs.

The further away from town, the higher risk for MMs when prices / rental market takes a hit.

I doubt the landed property owners there will be interested in MMs.

The further away from town, the higher risk for MMs when prices / rental market takes a hit.
    I guess u have no idea about lao kok kok (very old) 3r HDB rental in Bedok - corridor units no privacy

Had a walk around the whampoa area last evening. Within 5-10mins walk there are a few Chinese restaurants, zichar, boon tiong kee chicken rice, hawker center, clinics, soya milk place, banks, fast foods, Indian, muslim restaurants.. Shops, etc etc.. and I think the area will develop even more as this development is ready and BTOs are built..

Had a walk around the whampoa area last evening. Within 5-10mins walk there are a few Chinese restaurants, zichar, boon tiong kee chicken rice, hawker center, clinics, soya milk place, banks, fast foods, Indian, muslim restaurants.. Shops, etc etc.. and I think the area will develop even more as this development is ready and BTOs are built..
    Would proximity to bendemeer pri be a plus or negative? It is super near. Flag raising time will be noisy. Of course it is also convenient for families with kids attending the school.

Would proximity to bendemeer pri be a plus or negative? It is super near. Flag raising time will be noisy. Of course it is also convenient for families with kids attending the school.
    I always like projects adjacent to school cos they are low rise, so having nice unblocked view.