Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131823283338 ... LastLast

Thread: Eight Riversuites @ Whampoa East Road (United Engineer Group LH 99 Years)

Quote Originally Posted by price
    No la not defending because im vested. Didnt buy this. Rather buy RR@530k than this honestly.

Arguing on facts thats all.
    Check out One St Michael's, a FH projected completed in 2010 with full facilities just beside RR. The psf is very low.

Yes absorb . QUOTE=Xan]Is stamp duty absorbed when u buy R38?[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    R38 is definitely super undervalued.
    I tried seeing google map & even went to a nearby blk to chk out the possible view that the high floor 3 bedroom unit will get. But I don't seem to be able to get what the developer proclaimed -- marina financial district / flyer view.

Did I see wrongly or missed out on the angle? Any bros/sis expert in that area can comment? Tia!

Quote Originally Posted by ozcraze
    I tried seeing google map & even went to a nearby blk to chk out the possible view that the high floor 3 bedroom unit will get. But I don't seem to be able to get what the developer proclaimed -- marina financial district / flyer view.

Did I see wrongly or missed out on the angle? Any bros/sis expert in that area can comment? Tia!
    S'pore Flyer/ Marina Bay Sands view is definitely blocked by 3 blks of 40 sty CityLights + Concourse. Should be able to see Sail, ORQ business district areas.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Possible because at 13th floor city facing it is 618k, take 6k off each floor ... the one facing north east / MSCP could be even cheaper

The MSCP completely turn me off ... at least WT. 8@W, RR, R38, Waterbank@Dakota is all basement carpark

Later this project will be known as "biggest MSCP condo of Singapore"
    What's so bad about MSCP when you have 843 units ?.This is not the copycat HDB MSCP. Also the MSCP has good hanging landscrape n greenery which is done in very tasteful fashion. Sorry, I am not defending this project as I have no vested interest yet. Yes, to the few bro/sis, who qns about $560K unit, Yesterday I asked my agent n he confirm that unit still available , not sure now.

just back from the showflat. below 600K is for very low floor units.
    but for investment is ok i guess. Is balestier a better location than this?

Quote Originally Posted by propertychap
    just back from the showflat. below 600K is for very low floor units.
    but for investment is ok i guess. Is balestier a better location than this?
    So means that those 560k units are those very low floors and face MSCP?

i dont understand why people doubt it when one says there were units for 560k?? lol

VVIP had units sold for 540k lowest. of course low floor units. cant expect high floor city view selling cheaper than low floor ones right

Quote Originally Posted by price
    i dont understand why people doubt it when one says there were units for 560k?? lol

VVIP had units sold for 540k lowest. of course low floor units. cant expect high floor city view selling cheaper than low floor ones right
    Actually dont understand why u get so worked up when some people starts to ask in more detail and you took it so personal.
    The reason why I ask is because R38 sold at 517k is a 11-15 floor. (who told you lowest floor must always be cheapest and must always launch in preview, some projects launch high floor during preview as well)

By comparing lowest R38 and 8R will give the people here a clearer picture.

If u take it so personal just because I disagree that 8R is better R38. U can ignore my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    Actually dont understand why u get so worked up when some people starts to ask in more detail and you took it so personal.
    The reason why I ask is because R38 sold at 517k is a 11-15 floor. (who told you lowest floor must always be cheapest and must always launch in preview, some projects launch high floor during preview as well)

If u take it so personal just because I disagree that 8R is better R38. U can ignore my post.
    I stay in the vincinity of Leicester rd. R38 is good for own stay ok lah but very difficult to convince tenants to walk the long and winding route ..day and nite ..jin jiak kan kioh ...

Quote Originally Posted by alamak
    I stay in the vincinity of Leicester rd. R38 is good for own stay ok lah but very difficult to convince tenants to walk the long and windy route ..day and nite ..jin jiak kan kioh ...
    Its even more difficult to convince your future buyer to buy a LH property (8R) which is more expensive than a almost FH property (R38) when they are around that vincinity.

I am not vested in this area as well, but just to share the amenities which could be found in the Boon Keng market vacinity:

Hawker centre with great foods, MacDonalds, KFC, UOB Bank, DSB Bank, POEMS, Watsons, 7-eleven, Bengawan Solo, Clinics, Saloon/barbers, mini-marts, medical stores, 4-D shop (LOL) and several others .... Quite a self sufficient centre

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro
    I am not vested in this area as well, but just to share the amenities which could be found in the Boon Keng market vacinity:

Hawker centre with great foods, MacDonalds, KFC, UOB Bank, DSB Bank, POEMS, Watsons, 7-eleven, Bengawan Solo, Clinics, Saloon/barbers, mini-marts, medical stores, 4-D shop (LOL) and several others .... Quite a self sufficient centre
    What a weird location to have POEMS

The amenities are actually good for residents. Compared to those integrated with malls where you get expensive and lousy food court, retail shops you hardly patronize. The only "downside" to BK area is the lack of a supermarket. That would complete the list

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    What a weird location to have POEMS
    Uncle, initially i thought so too, but i learnt from friends that there are quite a number of units there (above the shophouses) which are rented to trading companies as offices ... i guess that also explains why the 2 banks are there

bro when did i take it personal? haha i merely state that i did not understand. anyway i didnt say launches dun release high floor stacks.

Its even more difficult to convince your future buyer to buy a LH property (8R) which is more expensive than a almost FH property (R38) when they are around that vincinity.

I understand where you are coming from. I stay in a FH and fully understand your sentiment on this issue. R38 is not too bad considering the location( dist 12 but accessibility a liitle bit of issue). Hence it is ok for own stay. But if it is for investment rental purpose, then accessibility and amenities are key consideration, never mind the LH or almost FH sentiment. There are'nt many FH or 999 LH and this always come at a premium.

Possible because at 13th floor city facing it is 618k, take 6k off each floor ... the one facing north east / MSCP could be even cheaper

The MSCP completely turn me off ... at least WT. 8@W, RR, R38, Waterbank@Dakota is all basement carpark

Later this project will be known as "biggest MSCP condo of Singapore"
    Bro Phantom, just a friendly correction, Waterbank@Dakota is also multi-storey carpark, in case you are keen in that project

MSCP for rentals shldnt be much an issue, esp for city-fringe projects which i assume most tenants would take MRT instead of driving, but for own-stay, basement carpark would definitely be better

Uncle, initially i thought so too, but i learnt from friends that there are quite a number of units there (above the shophouses) which are rented to trading companies as offices ... i guess that also explains why the 2 banks are there
    Ah tanks for enlightening ah boy

I understand where you are coming from. I stay in a FH and fully understand your sentiment on this issue. R38 is not too bad considering the location( dist 12 but accessibility a liitle bit of issue). Hence it is ok for own stay. But if it is for investment rental purpose, then accessibility and amenities are key consideration, never mind the LH or almost FH sentiment. There are'nt many FH or 999 LH and this always come at a premium.
    Ok, a pretty fair statement.
    My take is investment or self stay always need to balance out in many aspects.
    Cannot just see rental and ignore the future selling part.
    Buying property is sentiment driven. Seriously like bro noexit had shared, I wouldnt be surprise those aunties/uncles starts to question for the FH/LH status. They might be your future buyers as these people are always the cash rich.

Bro Phantom, just a friendly correction, Waterbank@Dakota is also multi-storey carpark, in case you are keen in that project

MSCP for rentals shldnt be much an issue, esp for city-fringe projects which i assume most tenants would take MRT instead of driving, but for own-stay, basement carpark would definitely be better
    If the unit I'm going to rent faces the MSCP, I will mind honestly.
    Some units in cote d'azure faces the parkway carpark is already a turn off.

If the unit I'm going to rent faces the MSCP, I will mind honestly.
    Some units in cote d'azure faces the parkway carpark is already a turn off.
    Yeah me too, cant imagine staying in a unit that faces the MSCP everyday, haha.

But i guess investors who bought theseunits say at 50K cheaper, could afford to rent out at $200-300/mth cheaper, there will still be tenants who are willing to take up these units due to the proximity to the MRT/Town.

Anyway, my take is every project (or even every unit) has its own potential ie. if you buy high now, you sell high next time & if you buy low now, you sell low next time......

Ok, a pretty fair statement.
    My take is investment or self stay always need to balance out in many aspects.
    Cannot just see rental and ignore the future selling part.
    Buying property is sentiment driven. Seriously like bro noexit had shared, I wouldnt be surprise those aunties/uncles starts to question for the FH/LH status. They might be your future buyers as these people are always the cash rich.
    The same cash rich uncle/aunties also will tell you " So far from main road..if no body drive me .. .MRT also so far away ...at nite or if raining ..so dark how to walk ? .. want to call taxi ..also so kan kiok ..taxi uncle also don't know where Mar Thomas Rd ?? in St Michael estate how ? how ?" They will ask this qn first before they think about the 99LH/999LH issue. Any way, I rest my case here. Cheers !!!

The same cash rich uncle/aunties also will tell you " So far from main road..if no body drive me .. .MRT also so far away ...at nite or if raining ..so dark how to walk ? .. want to call taxi ..also so kan kiok ..taxi uncle also don't know where Mar Thomas Rd ?? in St Michael estate how ? how ?" They will ask this qn first before they think about the 99LH/999LH issue. Any way, I rest my case here. Cheers !!!
    Yea, every project comes with some trade-off.
    Anyway there is no lousy project there.
    I think not many people touch the "hedge" for the same reason when it is surrounded by so many FH condos A-G. The stigma is always there.
    Just trying to compare which one is more worth buying.
    Shall not comment further and thanks for all the pricing info. Save my trip of going down to find out.
    Cheers
    Last edited by Xan; 07-05-12 at 16:48.

Default UE sells over 200 units at Eight Riversuites: sources Reports of project's average pr

UNITED Engineers is said to have sold about 200 units at its Eight Riversuites condo project in Whampoa near Boon Keng MRT Station, which previewed over the weekend, according to market reports.
    Reports of the project's average price after discounts varied, with some suggesting it was around $1,300 psf, while others said it was closer to $1,400 psf. The company declined to comment.
    Estimates of the number of units sold in the project, too, varied.
    A UBS Investment Research report issued yesterday morning put the figure at "more than 200 units" and the average price at $1,400 psf after a 5 per cent early-bird discount.

Market is always right ... if really 200 units is way better than R38

Basically 8R is comparable to RR in terms of response
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Market is always right ... if really 200 units is way better than R38

Basically 8R is comparable to RR in terms of response
    cheap might not be gd? pple dun mind paying more for close to mrt so bo hiew R38?

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    cheap might not be gd? pple dun mind paying more for close to mrt so bo hiew R38?
    Yeah ... rental is much more important ... R38 more own stay but you need 2 cars or two bikes
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by insigina
    The amenities are actually good for residents. Compared to those integrated with malls where you get expensive and lousy food court, retail shops you hardly patronize. The only "downside" to BK area is the lack of a supermarket. That would complete the list
    there is seng siong supermarket beside the upstream of the river. and NTUC fairprice at Kallang Bahru, downstream of the river (in the HDB estate behind the Kallang River Vista.

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    R38 is really quite far in, along Mar Thoma Rd and next to the busy CTE slip road, without any amenities and near a temple. FH status is no longer highly featured in today's buying decisions.