Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121722273237 ... LastLast

Thread: Eight Riversuites @ Whampoa East Road (United Engineer Group LH 99 Years)

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    If u gonna ask me, then riveria38 is a better buy than this in my personal opinion. This one is only slightly more superior in terms of location compared to R38 but R38 is a 999 yr and is cheaper. However im not going to condemn any buyers who choose to buy this as everyone are entitled to their choice and opinion.
    R38 is definitely super undervalued.

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    R38 is definitely super undervalued.
    Yes, R38 1 bedder starts from only 517k. Its definitely a good buy imo.
    This also means R38 1 bedder is abt 80 to 90k cheaper comapred to this. For small quantum with a price tag of 90k diff... This is significant. Plus R38 is almost freehold

Yes, R38 1 bedder starts from only 517k. Its definitely a good buy imo.
    This also means R38 1 bedder is abt 80 to 90k cheaper comapred to this. For small quantum with a price tag of 90k diff... This is significant. Plus R38 is almost freehold
    Bro Xan,

No offence but i realised 1 thing about ur arguments. You like to exaggerated things (positive or negative) to make ur own claim sound better.

350meters 7mins I guess is the max it'll take. normal speed should take about 5mins. But lets put this aside.

Indeed R38 is relatively "cheap" to compared with this. However it's probably an additional 10mins walk away. In total probably 15 or more to BK MRT. 1 bedders are for rental. how many gonna choose that much of a distance vs. 5mins?

You took 517k as the lowest quantum in that project to compare with? 80-90k = 620k? I was there at the showflat this morning and 1 bedders went as low as 560k today. On VVIP day (Friday), there were lower floors sold for 540-550k. Thats merely a 20-30k difference not 80-90

Haha but anyway, I do that too at times. to talk down something, one will exaggerate its negative points and keep the positive ones minimal. What about R38 not having full condo facilities, more than 5 Sky gardens for residents to have BBQ on 28/29th floor while admiring the city view?

Always remember when buying for own stay and investment one should take very different considerations. Your tenant don't bother whether it's 999 years or 99 years. All that matters is what is he getting for that amount of rental he is paying. If both @ 2.5k pm, which will u rent? I'd take the 1 with a huge pool, gym, sky garden, tennis court etc. Ultimately as a tenant im "paying" the maintenance fees for my landlord.

Went down, u must pay Absd on top of price, a 13th floor city view west sun unit is 618k plus normal stamp duty plus absd, 1400+Psf, there is another jump beyond 17 floor I was told

Don't ever think about using the facilities in this project. Once Top this will be another city sq residences full of tourists, short term stay

The layout is efficient, marble flooring at living room but bathroom is a letdown
    Freebies like fridge, oven thrown in to attract investors

The Mscp is huge, make the whole project like sengkang hdb

One br loft about 1m, 700sqft 2br abt 950k

This project is purely for investors who want to manage short term leases or singles who dun care about quality of life, absolutely not for family stay

Finally we reach Hong kong standard of paxking humans
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Went down, u must pay Absd on top of price, a 13th floor city view west sun unit is 618k plus normal stamp duty plus absd, 1400+Psf, there is another jump beyond 17 floor I was told

Don't ever think about using the facilities in this project. Once Top this will be another city sq residences full of tourists, short term stay

The layout is efficient, marble flooring at living room but bathroom is a letdown
    Freebies like fridge, oven thrown in to attract investors

The Mscp is huge, make the whole project like sengkang hdb

One br loft about 1m, 700sqft 2br abt 950k

This project is purely for investors who want to manage short term leases or singles who dun care about quality of life, absolutely not for family stay

Finally we reach Hong kong standard of paxking humans
    Lol Seng Kang HDB. Was told developer wanna minimise the basement parking to TOP faster by building MSCP. Is that true?

Rental is part of the investment will need to take into consideration but infuture when U needed to sell will have a bigger problem as there is so many FHproject around this 99 years project consider the price of the FH project inthis area is either lower or slightly higher then this project am sure investmentwill be more interested on the FH. As such, there so many units in this projectwill post another headache to sell in future.

Bro Xan had his good view on the price and I was at the showroom too, andwhenever the buyer ask the agent ask about the high price, they will say aboutthe distance from MRT is near, but I think such is a very lousy explanation.
    Best of all, I heard a auntie arguing with the agentthere saying that she just bough Regent Residence with the same level and samedistance from MRT and $/psf same for his two bedder but she is having a FH property!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by price
    Bro Xan,

No offence but i realised 1 thing about ur arguments. You like to exaggerated things (positive or negative) to make ur own claim sound better.

350meters 7mins I guess is the max it'll take. normal speed should take about 5mins. But lets put this aside.

Indeed R38 is relatively "cheap" to compared with this. However it's probably an additional 10mins walk away. In total probably 15 or more to BK MRT. 1 bedders are for rental. how many gonna choose that much of a distance vs. 5mins?

You took 517k as the lowest quantum in that project to compare with? 80-90k = 620k? I was there at the showflat this morning and 1 bedders went as low as 560k today. On VVIP day (Friday), there were lower floors sold for 540-550k. Thats merely a 20-30k difference not 80-90

Haha but anyway, I do that too at times. to talk down something, one will exaggerate its negative points and keep the positive ones minimal. What about R38 not having full condo facilities, more than 5 Sky gardens for residents to have BBQ on 28/29th floor while admiring the city view?

Always remember when buying for own stay and investment one should take very different considerations. Your tenant don't bother whether it's 999 years or 99 years. All that matters is what is he getting for that amount of rental he is paying. If both @ 2.5k pm, which will u rent? I'd take the 1 with a huge pool, gym, sky garden, tennis court etc. Ultimately as a tenant im "paying" the maintenance fees for my landlord.

Lol Seng Kang HDB. Was told developer wanna minimise the basement parking to TOP faster by building MSCP. Is that true?
    I believe it's cos mrt tunnels running underneath.

Quote Originally Posted by Noexit
    Rental is part of the investment will need to take into consideration but infuture when U needed to sell will have a bigger problem as there is so many FHproject around this 99 years project consider the price of the FH project inthis area is either lower or slightly higher then this project am sure investmentwill be more interested on the FH. As such, there so many units in this projectwill post another headache to sell in future.

Bro Xan had his good view on the price and I was at the showroom too, andwhenever the buyer ask the agent ask about the high price, they will say aboutthe distance from MRT is near, but I think such is a very lousy explanation.
    Best of all, I heard a auntie arguing with the agentthere saying that she just bough Regent Residence with the same level and samedistance from MRT and $/psf same for his two bedder but she is having a FH property!!!!
    I agree if given a choice, i'll choose RR over R38 or this. The auntie exaggerate like bro Xan here lah. RR is slightly further. But R38 is the furthest. Non of these 999/FH projects are full condo status/facilities though.

Yes indeed since all are around the 5xxk mark, FH/999 years more wu hua!

to each his own. So cheers and peaceout!

Quote Originally Posted by timmy
    I believe it's cos mrt tunnels running underneath.
    Mrt tunnels are dug very very deep bro.

I think that auntie not exaggerating if, she is exaggerate, why the agent kept quite and never expained further to her. Think they running out reason for what i see then kept explaining to buyer about the MRT distance and good food ard this area.

I agree if given a choice, i'll choose RR over R38 or this. The auntie exaggerate like bro Xan here lah. RR is slightly further. But R38 is the furthest. Non of these 999/FH projects are full condo status/facilities though.

Yes indeed since all are around the 5xxk mark, FH/999 years more wu hua!

to each his own. So cheers and peaceout!

I think that auntie not exaggerating if, she is exaggerate, why the agent kept quite and never expained further to her. Think they running out reason for what i see then kept explaining to buyer about the MRT distance and good food ard this area.
    dude, u bought R38 right? u mean u dont know where is 8riversuites and RR? are they really of equal distance to the MRT? Be honest with urself.

Anyway dont wanna get too personal here. if u feel they are of equal distance then so be it. No point arguing about it here

Which ever property i bought make no different to this arguement but is the distance from MRT the only important point for this project only? Anyway is up to buyer to decide after reading members comments here. I am sure these comments will benefit them with clearer understanding of what type of property they are purchasing here and the property market surrounding this project as well.

dude, u bought R38 right? u mean u dont know where is 8riversuites and RR? are they really of equal distance to the MRT? Be honest with urself.

Anyway dont wanna get too personal here. if u feel they are of equal distance then so be it. No point arguing about it here

Which ever property i bought make no different to this arguement but is the distance from MRT the only important point for this project only? Anyway is up to buyer to decide after reading members comments here. I am sure these comments will benefit them with clearer understanding of what type of property they are purchasing here and the property market surrounding this project as well.
    what im trying to say is that, if ur vested in this area, u should know it better than anyone who isnt.

im not here to discuss about measurements. anyway cheers and good luck to ur R38! hope it'll TOP soon!

Yup thanks. just sharing my 2cent view on this property only lah, I did bought a few other properties in other districts and feel disappointed with this project that all.

what im trying to say is that, if ur vested in this area, u should know it better than anyone who isnt.

im not here to discuss about measurements. anyway cheers and good luck to ur R38! hope it'll TOP soon!

In case u need to know and measure where is RR, Mar Thoma rd and Whampoa East.

Yup thanks. just sharing my 2cent view on this property only lah, I did bought a few other properties in other districts and feel disappointed with this project that all.
    ya lar, 1.2-1.6k psf is still crazy for LH 99 years projects. but it's kinda the norm now. Look at SH and this will be cheap! haha cheers

Yup yup RR is just few steps away from Whampoa East. Anyway buyers nowadays are smart on their reserach and survery. They ever know more details before we realised it.

In case u need to know and measure where is RR, Mar Thoma rd and Whampoa East.

Bro Xan,

Hi Bro Price
    Haha, you really so "gian" to hoot this project is it? No offence lah, sometimes when I like something, I will also be arguing my lungs out.

If given a choice, especially when both dev are quite near each other, you come and say FH vs LH got no difference? People usually pay a premium for a FH over LH. Now it is the other way when comparing 8R vs R38. Isnt this funny?

Sorry I didnt know the cheapest unit was 560k (was not in the vvvip preview, since I'm not interested in that boon keng area). Yesterday, I was driving from eminent plaza and pass by 8R, I saw the big banner stating starting from 590k. But you say this morning some agent quote you 560k, so I believe you or the banner? Most of the forumers also kenna quote 6xxk mah. So anyone can confirm this?

Anyway, chill lah, no need get so work up. This is not a bad project afterall, but just that 1300psf for me at Boon keng old estate sounds un-exciting lah. I am very familiar with the place because I go there very often, but not by choice. lol

Even if you had proven right that walking to mrt only takes 5 mins instead of 7 mins, I dont see much difference as your future possible tenant still got to walk that 5-7mins exposed under sun/rain. Esepcially when he is in his nice suit and tie, carrying a brief case walk under sun/rain for 5 or 7mins will still be very uncomfortable.

Anyway when caveat is lodge, a 8R 1 bedder will still be more expensive than a R38 1 bedder by at least 40 to 50k.
    I know you are very interested in this 8R project, so guess you submitted cheque?

The walk to mrt is almost completely sheltered walking along the void deck of Blk 34. I used to walk daily as I worked there last time. It's a v nice place

Hi Bro Price
    Haha, you really so "gian" to hoot this project is it? No offence lah, sometimes when I like something, I will also be arguing my lungs out.

If given a choice, especially when both dev are quite near each other, you come and say FH vs LH got no difference? People usually pay a premium for a FH over LH. Now it is the other way when comparing 8R vs R38. Isnt this funny?

Sorry I didnt know the cheapest unit was 560k (was not in the vvvip preview, since I'm not interested in that boon keng area). Yesterday, I was driving from eminent plaza and pass by 8R, I saw the big banner stating starting from 590k. But you say this morning some agent quote you 560k, so I believe you or the banner? Most of the forumers also kenna quote 6xxk mah. So anyone can confirm this?

Anyway, chill lah, no need get so work up. This is not a bad project afterall, but just that 1300psf for me at Boon keng old estate sounds un-exciting lah. I am very familiar with the place because I go there very often, but not by choice. lol

Even if you had proven right that walking to mrt only takes 5 mins instead of 7 mins, I dont see much difference as your future possible tenant still got to walk that 5-7mins exposed under sun/rain. Esepcially when he is in his nice suit and tie, carrying a brief case walk under sun/rain for 5 or 7mins will still be very uncomfortable.

Anyway when caveat is lodge, a 8R 1 bedder will still be more expensive than a R38 1 bedder by at least 40 to 50k.
    I know you are very interested in this 8R project, so guess you submitted cheque?
    No la not defending because im vested. Didnt buy this. Rather buy RR@530k than this honestly.

Arguing on facts thats all.

No la not defending because im vested. Didnt buy this. Rather buy RR@530k than this honestly.

Arguing on facts thats all.
    Frankly speaking, I go reccee RR, 8R, R38, because I see potential there as well.
    Of coz best location is 8R (being nearest to mrt), but just buay song the rest are FH and this one LH.
    Then that side not much amendities also lah. I know its near to boon keng market and there's also a boon tong kee at boon keng (but must walk), teck kee bao, the bua kua shop and the photo bridal shop. But RR like kenna squeeze in between the center.
    That stretch also got one big longkang, like not very clean as well.
    Boon keng is un-exciting, but near city, which is a plus. Still need to rely on transport.

I am almost tempted to hoot R38 due to its price and 999yrs status. But wifey stopped me. lol.
    One thing I suppose R38 better than RR is its view right? R38 offers unblocked view?

Almost completely shelter does not mean fully shelter especially there is a road needed to cross over to the project is not sheltered. Anyway that is not the main issues. Am sure there is some beauty of this project that attach its buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro
    The walk to mrt is almost completely sheltered walking along the void deck of Blk 34. I used to walk daily as I worked there last time. It's a v nice place

Almost completely shelter does not mean fully shelter especially there is a road needed to cross over to the project is not sheltered. Anyway that is not the main issues. Am sure there is some beauty of this project that attach its buyers.
    Is stamp duty absorbed when u buy R38?

market is always right ... let the market decide whether the ultimate winner is 8RS, RR or R38 ok ...

RR not sold out yet .. RR developer also a no-body??

market is always right ... let the market decide whether the ultimate winner is 8RS, RR or R38 ok ...

You are in the 8R show flat today. Really the price starts from 560k? But how come banner states 590k onwards? Can Cfm?

This is the second property that i had bought in District 12, the price, layout and location is what attached me, anyway I like to find property in the reasonable residential area and etc. Anyway that my personal judgement, most important is to go to the actual site and get the feel. Another project which fetch me handsome profit, Grandeur 8, friends was laughting at me for burning money by buying a project with so many HDB around and a distance to MRT with the MRT noise along the track too.

Anyway what Ur say. pal. Everyone had different judgement else why would HDB hitting 900k suddenly !

I am almost tempted to hoot R38 due to its price and 999yrs status. But wifey stopped me. lol.
    One thing I suppose R38 better than RR is its view right? R38 offers unblocked view?

This is the second property that i had bought in District 12, the price, layout and location is what attached me, anyway I like to find property in the reasonable residential area and etc. Anyway that my personal judgement, most important is to go to the actual site and get the feel. Another project which fetch me handsome profit, Grandeur 8, friends was laughting at me for burning money by buying a project with so many HDB around and a distance to MRT with the MRT noise along the track too.

Anyway what Ur say. pal. Everyone had different judgement else why would HDB hitting 900k suddenly !

Don't worry bro, I personally think R38 can buy lah.

Anyway there is not winner or good or bad project lah. Just the holding power to wait for the right buyer with the smilar taste and judgement to buy only. Eventually after buying, owner must feel the comfort had joy for the project they pick

You are in the 8R show flat today. Really the price starts from 560k? But how come banner states 590k onwards? Can Cfm?
    Possible because at 13th floor city facing it is 618k, take 6k off each floor ... the one facing north east / MSCP could be even cheaper

The MSCP completely turn me off ... at least WT. 8@W, RR, R38, Waterbank@Dakota is all basement carpark

Later this project will be known as "biggest MSCP condo of Singapore"