Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New private home sales up 29% in February

Default New private home sales up 29% in February

scary...., KBT now worried..., need to come up with more CM?

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...189155/1/.html

New private home sales up 29% in February
    By Wong Siew Ying | Posted: 15 March 2012 1424 hrs

SINGAPORE: Demand for new private homes in Singapore continued to increase in February, after rising sharply in January.

The Urban Redevelopment Authority said excluding executive condominiums, 2,413 new private homes were sold in February, up by about 29 per cent from the previous month.

In January, 1,872 new units changed hands, almost three times more than December's sales.

For February, the best selling projects were mostly located in the suburban areas.

The top seller was Parc Rosewood with 380 units sold.

Guillemard Edge, which is located in the city fringe, also performed well with sales of 275 units.

Meanwhile, home buyers also snapped up executive condominium (EC) units.

257 units of ECs have been sold at Twin Waterfalls, 187 units at The Tampines Trilliant and 186 units at The Rainforest.

Including ECs, a total of 3,138 units were sold last month, up 51 per cent compared to January.

- CNA/al

Maybe people make money from stock market decide to go buy a property.

More cooling measures coming?
    But market hot only in rural areas leh...and new launches...resale died.

Who wants to buy resale when you have plenty to choose from new launch? New = first hand leh . Just like virgin.

First hand comes with a 20-30% higher price tag. Second hand maybe got tenant give you bonus angpow in rental for being the virgin investor instead.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

More like closer to 30%-50%? (instead of 20-30%?)

See WaterTown - average $1350 psf
    Bedok Residences - average $1500 psf.

Look at their furnishings, you pay $50 psf you can renovate the resale to look NEW to be just like them!
    >10% premium not worth it to buy new!

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    First hand comes with a 20-30% higher price tag. Second hand maybe got tenant give you bonus angpow in rental for being the virgin investor instead.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Solid siah! Feb new private home sales = 2,413.
    Feb resale transactions = ???

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    scary...., KBT now worried..., need to come up with more CM?

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...189155/1/.html

New private home sales up 29% in February
    By Wong Siew Ying | Posted: 15 March 2012 1424 hrs

SINGAPORE: Demand for new private homes in Singapore continued to increase in February, after rising sharply in January.

The Urban Redevelopment Authority said excluding executive condominiums, 2,413 new private homes were sold in February, up by about 29 per cent from the previous month.

In January, 1,872 new units changed hands, almost three times more than December's sales.

For February, the best selling projects were mostly located in the suburban areas.

The top seller was Parc Rosewood with 380 units sold.

Guillemard Edge, which is located in the city fringe, also performed well with sales of 275 units.

Meanwhile, home buyers also snapped up executive condominium (EC) units.

257 units of ECs have been sold at Twin Waterfalls, 187 units at The Tampines Trilliant and 186 units at The Rainforest.

Including ECs, a total of 3,138 units were sold last month, up 51 per cent compared to January.

- CNA/al

You can have italian marble, timber flooring, de dietrich kitchen applicances, miele washing machine and dryer, hansgrohe taps and the full works for with just 10% premium.

For first time pte ppty owner and for own stay, they dun care abt premium. Evidence has it. New is the choice esp in boom market. Will only dun mind go for resale in down market. As long as price do not crash, new is always preferred. Dun feel song knowing that my neighbor in resale unit pay so much lower than me and I can feel them laughing inside. At least in new project, everyone sama sama. Next time want to sell no need to undercut, all huat or down together. This is most ppl's mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Montaigne
    For first time pte ppty owner and for own stay, they dun care abt premium. Evidence has it. New is the choice esp in boom market. Will only dun mind go for resale in down market. As long as price do not crash, new is always preferred. Dun feel song knowing that my neighbor in resale unit pay so much lower than me and I can feel them laughing inside. At least in new project, everyone sama sama. Next time want to sell no need to undercut, all huat or down together. This is most ppl's mentality.
    Yeah in new all neighbours feel sama sama excluding subsale but the neighbours in the other developments might snigger at the price their newer neighbours pay. Like when ATT reaches it first resale, they would probably still be joking about watertown.

And new one has to wait for a few years before you can move in, resale one can move in within months, it depends on whether can wait or not.

Here we go again... March figures will go up even more? KBW having sleepless nights again... oops!

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    And new one has to wait for a few years before you can move in, resale one can move in with months, it depends on whether can wait or not.
    Some say no more new smell. But surely a new coat of paint and fresh carpentry will give that new smell?

Yeah in new all neighbours feel sama sama excluding subsale but the neighbours in the other developments might snigger at the price their newer neighbours pay. Like when ATT reaches it first resale, they would probably still be joking about watertown.
    lol! ATT will be shopping at Waterway already but Watertown residents still havnt move in

And new one has to wait for a few years before you can move in, resale one can move in within months, it depends on whether can wait or not.
    Also dependent on whether there's new projects in the area you chose to stay, like near parents, schools, etc...

Agree with this. Go for the first project in an undevelop area instead of the last. But if the last dev is cheap than the first few launches nearby, that will be heart attack for those who bought first! The right way is to reward those who buy first, make more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Here we go again... March figures will go up even more? KBW having sleepless nights again... oops!
    They dare to apply ssd up till 4 years from TOP on uncompleted projects or not? That should slow things down.

Agree with this. Go for the first project in an undevelop area instead of the last. But if the last dev is cheap than the first few launches nearby, that will be heart attack for those who bought first! The right way is to reward those who buy first, make more sense.
    Not to be overcritical of watertown. I think there will be some other development down the road that will bear the brunt of the jokes since watertown isn't the last project in that area.

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

They dare to apply ssd up till 4 years from TOP on uncompleted projects or not? That should slow things down.
    developers become dead fish... until all resale stock cleared...

Actually, I feel that prices also varies for new ppty. Different prices varies for different levels. Never been to VVIP viewing before but isn't during this viewing, the price is cheaper than later on. Not very sure leh, what do you think? I just bought a unit, always feel that I'm paying more than other units because I bought it at a later date. I went into the URA website to check my caveat lodge, it seemed that mine is the highest so far for my sq ft, aiyah, didn't know that we can ask for discount until I come across this forum, learn a lot of things from this forum, good good, thanks thanks.

Maybe people make money from stock market decide to go buy a property.

how much did you made from stocks?

Wow, if this rumour go around, I think people will start to cheong into the ppty market just in case they get caught in the new cm, jialat liao!

Not to be overcritical of watertown. I think there will be some other development down the road that will bear the brunt of the jokes since watertown isn't the last project in that area.
    Yea, since now both projects are almost sold out, i really think Weehur will price their units near WT pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadey
    how much did you made from stocks?
    Not me. I think there are some members here who play stocks, you can ask them, i just half joking half speculating.

Wow, if this rumour go around, I think people will start to cheong into the ppty market just in case they get caught in the new cm, jialat liao!
    good wat, then all huat together push prices higher and higher

Actually, I feel that prices also varies for new ppty. Different prices varies for different levels. Never been to VVIP viewing before but isn't during this viewing, the price is cheaper than later on. Not very sure leh, what do you think? I just bought a unit, always feel that I'm paying more than other units because I bought it at a later date. I went into the URA website to check my caveat lodge, it seemed that mine is the highest so far for my sq ft, aiyah, didn't know that we can ask for discount until I come across this forum, learn a lot of things from this forum, good good, thanks thanks.
    I think prices increase in tandem with the market. Perhaps the project u bought was launched earlier when prices are not yet so peakish. So after awhile dev will adjust the price up. If u sway sway bought during peak but just before a cm then those who bought after u might get discount due to cm lor. Sometimes luck plays a part.

Soon there'll be a COE for property Buy a cert first before being able to own 1.

Not me. I think there are some members here who play stocks, you can ask them, i just half joking half speculating.
    there is always a saying, when thing gets too hot it is better to stay away. My view is to avoid chasing after those ridicules 1400psf OCR project as buyers in the segment are usually less experience and more irrational with their purchase.

No la, i honestly don't think it's possible, cos they might accidentally channel the pent up demand to the resale sector and that might indirectly push the new projects higher.

But haven't all the members here been saying the higher this market goes, the more likely we will see more.

So if prices continue to rise, would they actually rush to buy for fear of new CM? Kinda ironic given that they held back because of rising prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadey
    there is always a saying, when thing gets too hot it is better to stay away. My view is to avoid chasing after those ridicules 1400psf OCR project as buyers in the segment are usually less experience and more irrational with their purchase.
    There are only a few developments that carry that pricey tag to be fair. They aren't the majority.