Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Property price will increase

Those units just TOPed in Water Waves offered for sale in propertyguru.com look reasonably priced. IMO better value than the Bedok Residences. When many many projects TOP over the next few years, there will be good bargains - that's my feeling. Unfortunately anything I buy now will be subject to ABSD. Otherwise I will be looking to increase my portfolio. With TOPed units, you can see the facing/finishes so much better than buying something off the plan.

Hope the govt will relax the ABSD in the future when there is a flood of resale units in the future. Then there's chance of a small durian for me. hehehe

All these people who bought in Feb or after ABSD are probably investing in the long term...for own stay.

Judging by the sales in OCR, I assume these are mainly HDB upgraders.
    Is HDB really so bad that everyone want to move out?

Quote Originally Posted by lufu
    All these people who bought in Feb or after ABSD are probably investing in the long term...for own stay.

Judging by the sales in OCR, I assume these are mainly HDB upgraders.
    Is HDB really so bad that everyone want to move out?
    No they are keeping their HDB to rent out and using the rental proceeds to fund their new private condo.

I presume Water Waves was sold before the CMs and therefore the owners are looking to cash in without penalty?

some says up, but some says down.
    So how arg? forumers here suppose to share rite and wish make money rite?

Quote Originally Posted by latour
    some says up, but some says down.
    So how arg? forumers here suppose to share rite and wish make money rite?
    If forever up isnt it good? everyone makes money at any point in time. just hold long long can liao

Quote Originally Posted by price
    If forever up isnt it good? everyone makes money at any point in time. just hold long long can liao
    i think you rite, know of someone wen around resale market and make offer ranging from 15% to 20% lower then asking quantum 1.5mil to 2.8mil type since late Dec till now nobody accept... holding power super super strong leh...

Quote Originally Posted by latour
    i think you rite, know of someone wen around resale market and make offer ranging from 15% to 20% lower then asking quantum 1.5mil to 2.8mil type since late Dec till now nobody accept... holding power super super strong leh...
    Ya lor. better than those people who pray everyday market crash, ppl jump, families break up, loss of jobs, then finally they happily pick up fire sales

With the 8000 units release for BTO, will the prices be moderated or slip then to continue to rise ?

Quote Originally Posted by samuelk
    With the 8000 units release for BTO, will the prices be moderated or slip then to continue to rise ?
    BTO got HDB guidelines leh not everyone can buy

Softer home prices pave way for a buyer's market

Flash estimates for SRPI show prices of completed homes sliding 0.8% in Feb

By MICHELLE TAN
    (SINGAPORE) Buyers waiting on the sidelines may have more to smile about in the coming months as prices of private completed homes continued to fall across the board in February.

According to flash estimates released by the National University of Singapore for its Singapore Residential Price Index (SRPI), prices of completed properties softened by 0.8 per cent compared with the previous month. In particular, small apartments islandwide (up to 506 square feet) and the Central Region (excluding small units) - comprising districts 1 to 4 and the prime residential districts of 9, 10 and 11 - saw the greatest decline, down 0.9 per cent month-on-month.
    The sub-index for Non-Central (excluding small apartments) also finally caved in to negative sentiment, falling 0.6 per cent on a monthly basis.
    Said Nicholas Mak, head of research and consultancy at SLP International Property Consultancy: 'The downtrend in secondary market prices is a sign of slowing demand, which could potentially lead to the evolution of a buyer's market over the next few months.'

Credo Real Estate executive director Ong Teck Hui also expects a more conducive environment for buyers to price negotiate going forward but said it remains to be seen whether secondary market prices will eventually soften enough for buyers to realise that they may get better buys in the secondary than primary market.

In January, only the Non-Central (excluding small apartments) sub-index posted a monthly gain of 0.3 per cent whereas the sub-indices for the larger units in the Central region and small apartments slipped 2.4 per cent and 2.1 per cent respectively, dragging January's overall SRPI index down by 1 per cent month-on-month.

Most consultants expect the SRPI to continue trending downwards on the back of faltering secondary market sales, though some said that buyers might be lured back once prices fall below a certain threshold.
    Said Ong Kah Seng, director at consultancy R'ST Research: 'If a significant re-pricing of centrally located homes continue on the back of persistent demand contraction in the second half of 2012, narrowing the (price) gap of centrally located and sub-urban condominiums, some opportunistic local investors who are ready to finance a property may dive in, making joint purchases in selected centrally located homes as they tend to have strong property investment fundamentals, translating to better leasing interest from foreigners.'

The SRPI basket tracks the prices of 370 private residential projects (excluding executive condominiums) located across 25 postal districts here that were completed between October 2001 and September 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by samuelk

all snapped up already.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/prope...vailable-flats

maybe they need to release another 8000 to see any real effect.

All defying KBW...

Now HDB still to come up with another 8k or maybe 10k of BTO soon...