Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Property price will increase

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    so u r saying, when the world economy recovers, stocks going up everywhere, and yet SG property will still go down simply because of gov measures ??

does this even make sense ??
    oredi got some weak hands dump their CCR big ticket ppty liao leh....this latest cm5 is super biased against luxury high end market

latest cm5 is a corrective measure imo....

as for gold.....it will crash more den ppty if int rates starts to raise

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    oredi got some weak hands dump their CCR big ticket ppty liao leh....this latest cm5 is super biased against luxury high end market

latest cm5 is a corrective measure imo....
    I agree on the weak hand part.

And that's also because the weak hands are not seeing world economy picking up, neither are they seeing stocks going up. In fact the weak hands are seeing the opposite. And because of the economy is not doing well, either he lost his business, or he lost in stocks and needs margin call, or he lost his job, etc, he has to dump.

If the economy is on a firm recovering path, no one will be in a rush to exit pty at a loss.

And that's also because the weak hands are not seeing world economy picking up, neither are they seeing stocks going up. In fact the weak hands are seeing the opposite. And because of the economy is not doing well, either he lost his business, or he lost in stocks and needs margin call, or he lost his job, etc, he has to dump.

If the economy is on a firm recovering path, no one will be in a rush to exit pty at a loss.
    it coincided nicely wif cm5....so i tend to believe ccr firesale is more due to cm5.....ppty is also about supply and demand rite? foreign demand almost gone overnite since Dec 2011

FEO commercial office PS100 sold out fast and furious.....it is expensive and big quantum....but y can move so fast leh? bcoz cm5 din affect them mah

http://www.commercialguru.com.sg/lis...rt-oasia-hotel

wow flippers change target to commercial....LOL

IMO, it is a good timing now to explore CCR/RCR re-sale market and look for firesales, especially now when the gap between OCR and CCR/RCR prices is now closing.

One thing for sure, our local ppty market is unlikely to crash or down > 50% as what has been emphasized by MR B in the "other thread". For this to happen locally, it has to be pressed down by very weak local and global economy conditions.

The US elections and London olympics come at the right timing, I am looking forward to the stock market reactions this year.

still the macro economic environment counts. as of now, no one is really certain where this economy/stock is going. those selling at loss are the ones who believe things will get worse. and those who are buying are seeing things opposite. CM changes the balance more.

Yeah, I have the same thoughts too

so u r saying, when the world economy recovers, stocks going up everywhere, and yet SG property will still go down simply because of gov measures ??

does this even make sense ??

I think when the world recovers, the only thing that will go down is gold ! Told you last year dun bet on gold hitting 2000 !

TS's optimistic opinion is based on a precondition that "world economy recovers". Even the lamest analyst will not predict a pty market crash when the whole economy is booming !

If you want to defend your stand, at the very least you should start by "world economy is not recovering yet"
    The problem about people like you is that you is quote one or partial sentence of our context and then start asking stupid questions.

please go read and understand what I was talking to TS before asking dumb question.

Gold is not a bet, it is part of investment portfolio which I accumulate over the years. If you wish to talk about gold, start a new thread.

still the macro economic environment counts. as of now, no one is really certain where this economy/stock is going. those selling at loss are the ones who believe things will get worse. and those who are buying are seeing things opposite. CM changes the balance more.
    actually hor....if i am a foreigner, i will buy if ppty px drop abt 10%....offset the extra 10% absd....logical? hehehe

i tink ccr px shd drop abit more....those selling below value may not suffer a loss....jus less profit lor

Any thoughts on the Banyan Tree residence in Pavillion KL? this weekend got event at some hotel here to sell....

Thinking of getting a unit there... but never bought anything in Malaysia before.

Quote Originally Posted by singaporecondo99
    IMO, it is a good timing now to explore CCR/RCR re-sale market and look for firesales, especially now when the gap between OCR and CCR/RCR prices is now closing.

One thing for sure, our local ppty market is unlikely to crash or down > 50% as what has been emphasized by MR B in the "other thread". For this to happen locally, it has to be pressed down by very weak local and global economy conditions.

The US elections and London olympics come at the right timing, I am looking forward to the stock market reactions this year.
    I already thought of that since mid last year, and even went as far as trying to set up a property fund to buy distress asset in Q2/Q3 this year. But with the CM5, all hell break loose. Dont need to talk further. just suck thumb and look for other opportunity outside property.

IMO, there is no chance for us to see the repeat of 2008-2011 cycle for the next 4 to 5 years regardless of how good the global economy is because Singapore government will not allow it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadey
    The problem about people like you is that you is quote one or partial sentence of our context and then start asking stupid questions.

please go read and understand what I was talking to TS before asking dumb question.
    See this is your problem. What exactly is your point then ? I listed 3, you neither deny them, nor acknowledge them. You can't clearly say exactly what your stand is. And you argue with every one else. And shifting your stand all the time. And please take a look at your language... Are you really a fan of Mr B ?

... Actually now I remember you.. Last year in some other thread, you were unable to say exactly what your stand was either. It's totally impossible to engage in a meaningful discussion.

See this is your problem. What exactly is your point then ? I listed 3, you neither deny them, nor acknowledge them. You can't clearly say exactly what your stand is. And you argue with every one else. And shifting your stand all the time. And please take a look at your language... Are you really a fan of Mr B ?

... Actually now I remember you.. Last year in some other thread, you were unable to say exactly what your stand was either. It's totally impossible to engage in a meaningful discussion.
    I believe I have already requested you to quote what I say word for word instead of selectively quoting me out of context so that you can twist the facts around and ask stupid question.

Grow up lah. If you have some suggestion to this thread, please shoot, or else just zip and read.

don't be too happy about this year Olympic . Statistic shows recession always happen after an Olympic.

Quote Originally Posted by ezonme
    don't be too happy about this year Olympic . Statistic shows recession always happen after an Olympic.
    This time may be different. A developed country already in recession holding an olympic, that's interesting. It may not be burst into a recession again after the olympic. That's why looking forward to see this outcome

yes look at whats happening to greece now.

Property prices go up slowly also good...

one year 5% nice and slow,,,, ,after 10 years compounded should be 60%_.... good too

Quote Originally Posted by Jadey
    yes look at whats happening to greece now.
    It depends. 4 yrs ago was China, and after Olympics, they are strong and mighty.

It depends. 4 yrs ago was China, and after Olympics, they are strong and mighty.

China was already almighty and the fastest growing economy before the Olympic. And Olympic is just a ceremony for them to showcase their country and capability to the world.

For UK, there is really nothing new lah.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Agree with you.
    Last time I took a coach to KL then rented malaysian car there to drive up to Cameron. No guts to drive own car there. Then in KL dress casually, wear old casio watch, never carry handbag but used a waist pouch instead.
    I so paranoid in malaysia, liddat how to stay there?
    u r right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKru4JbaxGs

maybe a one off but I doubt so

Fitch Ratings revised down its outlook on Britain's AAA rating to negative on Wednesday, warning the nation could lose its top-notch status in the next couple of years if the government eases back on its debt cutting stance.

LONDON (AFP) - Britain will next week unveil plans for issuing state-bonds lasting 100 years, a Treasury source said on Wednesday, as the government looks at locking in low interest rates.

Britain's finance minister George Osborne will use his annual budget statement on March 21 to launch a consultation on century-long government bonds, or gilts, the source told AFP.

Chancellor of the Exchequer, Mr Osborne may also unveil plans for perpetual government bond loans for the first time in almost 100 years, the source added.

Britain last issued perpetual bonds, on which the capital is never repaid but interest is charged forever, following the end of the First World War in 1918

Private home sales hit new high

Mar 15, 2012 - PropertyGuru.com.sg By Romesh Navaratnarajah

Despite the gloomy economic outlook and recent cooling measures, private home sales in February remained strong and set a new record with transactions hitting 3,138 units including executive condominiums (ECs).

Data from the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) revealed that excluding ECs, the figures mark a 118 percent increase year-on-year to 2,413 units, as opposed to the 1,105 units recorded in the same period last year.

Top selling projects during the month were Parc Rosewood at Woodlands, which sold 380 units at a median price of S$994 psf, and Guillemard Edge at Geylang, which sold 275 units at a median price of S$1,215 psf.

As for ECs, Twin Waterfalls saw 257 units sold at a median price of S$727 psf while The Tampines Trilliant sold 187 units.

Most sales took place in the OCR (Outside Central Region) with a record of 1,830 transactions. ECs accounted for 23 percent of the total private home sales volume, as 725 units were snapped up in February backed by the higher income ceiling for acquiring ECs.

“Property developers had held back the launches in December 2011, especially after the ABSD. However, encouraged by the strong take-up rate of properties in January 2012, developers’ timely release of new launches in February had gained momentum and many had pushed ahead with their launches in the OCR while activity remained muted within the Core Central Region (CCR),” noted Mohammed Ismail, Chief Executive Officer of PropNex Realty.

The numbers are still robust “even after a seemingly draconian round of ABSD measure and after five rounds of property cooling measures that began in 2009,” said Alan Cheong, Director, Research & Consultancy at Savills (Singapore) Pte Ltd.

“It could be that Singaporeans have an innate desire to own properties. This desire, built up over a generation of public housing policy is evidenced by the fact that 87 percent of Singaporeans own their homes.”

Cheong added that the run up in the stock market could also be instrumental in boosting buyers’ sentiment.

“However, the main demand driver has been low mortgage rates which is generally below 1.5 percent,” he noted.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/prope...s-hit-new-high

The Bull Run continues ...

15 Mar 2012

STI 3,025.84

Dow Jones 13194.10

let me recalled..
    sub prime surfaced in 2007, stock markets ignored the sign, hit to high level till prior to Olympic 08.

sse high is about 6100+ in Oct 2007. Immediately after the Olympic sse plunged almost 70%. Growth decreased from 12-14% to current predicated growth of 7-8%. Whether history repeats itself, you guess is as good as mine but I won't bet China will be getting stronger and mighty for next few years with the Europe crisis. Cheers!

let me recalled..
    sub prime surfaced in 2007, stock markets ignored the sign, hit to high level till prior to Olympic 08.

sse high is about 6100+ in Oct 2007. Immediately after the Olympic sse plunged almost 70%. Growth decreased from 12-14% to current predicated growth of 7-8%. Whether history repeats itself, you guess is as good as mine but I won't bet China will be getting stronger and mighty for next few years with the Europe crisis. Cheers!
    Dun worry, pty prices will come down, the question is when and whether we have the patience to wait. I give myself a deadline till end 2013. I won't lose out much since prices will not shoot up by much even if it didn't crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Montaigne
    Dun worry, pty prices will come down, the question is when and whether we have the patience to wait. I give myself a deadline till end 2013. I won't lose out much since prices will not shoot up by much even if it didn't crash.
    Judging by the recent condos sales volume and performance of stocks market, prices of properties at desirable locations will go up very soon.

ECs are now very hot, and most likely developers will chiong the GLS for ECs, causing prices to go up as well. This forms a firm level of price support for mass market condos, so the latter prices won't crash.

What may come down slightly are those not at very ideal locations, so you may be left with those condos to choose from. But note that even Seng Kang and Punggol 99LH condo prices are creeping up...

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Judging by the recent condos sales volume and performance of stocks market, prices of properties at desirable locations will go up very soon.

ECs are now very hot, and most likely developers will chiong the GLS for ECs, causing prices to go up as well. This forms a firm level of price support for mass market condos, so the latter prices won't crash.

What may come down slightly are those not at very ideal locations, so you may be left with those condos to choose from. But note that even Seng Kang and Punggol 99LH condo prices are creeping up...
    The question is whether demand is high enough to meet the huge supply. seems like demand is drying up soon at the rate ppl are buying now....

Quote Originally Posted by Montaigne
    The question is whether demand is high enough to meet the huge supply. seems like demand is drying up soon at the rate ppl are buying now....
    If your expectation of location is not high and 99LH is okay, there is good chance that developers with large inventories could give discount to clear off the remaining units in 2013. Based on my estimations, there is indeed a large over-supply of pte condos for buyers-stayers. The Feb figure (mostly MMs for investors and ECs for stayers) and pretty confirms my conclusion.